Ray of Sunshine: Yang x Male...

By Struggling2Write

A new student at Beacon catches the attention of the blonde haired brawler. This story will be the journey of... More

Opportuinty for you Guys!
A New Story
More New Content?
Introduction
Chapter One: The Arrival
Chapter 2: The Meeting
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: JNPR and Cardin
Chapter 5: One Hell of a Date
Chapter 6: Training and Dock Fight
Chapter 7: Back To School
Chapter 8: A Personal Favor
Chapter 9: The Dance
Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn Part 1
Chapter 11: Mountain Glenn Part 2
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Big News
Chapter 14: Round One
Chapter 15: A Watchful Eye
A/N: Thank you
Chapter 16: Round Two
Chapter 17: The Collapse
Chapter 18: Broken into Pieces
Chapter 19: Journey's Beginning
(A/N)
Chapter 20: The Long Road
Chapter 21: The Kid
Another READ ME!
Chapter 22: Reunited
Chapter 24: Stress (contains Lemon)
(A/N): Thank You...Again
Chapter 25: The Calm Before the Storm
A slight delay
Quick Question
Chapter 26: Memories
Chapter 27: The Battle of Haven
Quick update
Chapter 28: The Battle of Haven Part 2
Chapter 29: Off the Rails
Chapter 30: Arrival in Argus
Chapter 31: Together Again
Chapter 32: Preparation
Shameless Self Promotion Time
Chapter 33: The Plan
Chapter 34: Into Action
Chapter 35: Showdown
Hmm
Chapter 36: The Return
Chapter 37: Support
Chapter 38: Reignite
Chapter 39: Official
Chapter 40: First Day
Chapter 41: Free Time
Chapter 42: Ambush
Chapter 43: An Icy Party
Chapter 44: Defense
Chapter 45: Change of Plans
Chapter 46: Deception
Chapter 47: Taken
Chapter 48: Frozen

Chapter 23: Recovery

5.2K 84 85
By Struggling2Write

To address what I said in the last chapter: we all know Yang is a badass. She's a tough, strong female character that has been through a lot and yet keeps going. In the show, they show her in this super depressive state and then she is kind of just...better with no real effort. Same with the PTSD. She has it and suffers from a flashback or two and then it is just gone. I didn't like that aspect. There was no recovery or part showing mental growth so that is what this chapter is going to be showing and why it is titled "Recovery". This chapter is suppose to signify the beginning of Yang's (and your own) mental journey to healing after the experiences that you went through. So yeah...you will be seeing some more of "soft and emotional Yang", but it is for the better or at least I hope you all understand and enjoy it.

A few days later

"Yang! Yang wake up! Yang!" You shake her as stands in the living room, her body trembling as she mumbles to herself. "Yang snap out of it come on!" You yell at her. She shakes her head and blinks a few times before looking around the room. Standing behind you are Ruby, Weiss, and Ren.

"Yang? Are you alright?" Ruby asks softly.

"I...I just...I had a bad dream. That's all." She goes to step past you, but you catch her and stop her from going.

"Sunshine you know you can talk to us about it. Anyone of us will listen." You reach up and push some hair out of her face. "It is okay to not be okay." Tears form in her eyes before she buries her head into your chest and wraps her arms around you. You hold her back and signal in for the others to join, the four of you supporting her as she sobs.

"It's fucking Adam." She says between heavy breaths. "I see him in my dreams or hear a sharp loud noise and I just...I..."

"It's alright. We love you Yang and we will always be here for you." Weiss says softy.

"It is best not to fight these demons alone. A good support system is one of the best ways to help get through hard times." Ren adds

"Thank you guys so much." She sniffles and looks around at the four of you. "I think I just need some rest."

"I think we all need some sleep." Ruby says. "Just know we will always be here for you sis. You don't have to act all tough the entire time." Yang smiles down at her little sister before the five of you head to your rooms.

"I'll be there in a second Yang, I have to use the bathroom." You tell her.

"Just be quick." She says with a soft smile. You use the bathroom quickly, but step out and head down the hall in the opposite direction.

"Ren are you still up?" You ask as you peak in.

"Barely. What is it?"

"Ren I think Yang should start mediating with us. It might help her get through what she is going through." Ren sits up at smiles at you.

"She clearly has PTSD, so helping her find peace with her past experience would be an excellent idea. An excellent idea for the morning." He says.

"Right. Good night." You close the door softy before heading to your room. You crawl into bed next to a half asleep Yang who shifts over and cuddles into you.

"Are you doing a bit better?" You ask her as you wrap your arms around her.

"I am now." She whispers before giving you a soft kiss. "Thank you for always being here for me."

"Of course Yang. Just know that myself and everyone else here loves and cares for and we will do whatever it takes to help you get through this. We are a family and that is what we do." She smiles and runs a hand through your hair.

"You're so sweet." She says with a smile. You smile back at her.

"Now let's get some sleep. Someone is going to be up early to mediate with Ren and I."

"Is that someone me?" She asks with a raised eyebrow. You nod your head with a smile.

"You got it. It should be a great way to help you clear your head and find some peace. I know that it has been helping me and, if you went to of course, I know that it can help you."

"I'll try it...only because you think it'll help me."

"I know it will, but if you don't like it you don't have to do it. I am only trying to do what is best for you."

"I just don't want to feel weak and stuff. Like...it's hard to explain."

"It is not weak to get help Yang. It is hard to accept that you need the help and to try to get better instead of just shoving these thoughts and feelings away. Like I said: we all want to help you get better, but if you don't want us to then we won't help."

"I...I want your help. I tried doing it on my own, blocking everyone out and that...I think that it only made it worse. I did a lot of thinking about what you said in the letter and what you say in general and I want you to help me." You smile and rub her cheek.

"My little sunshine is having good, positive mental growth. This is great." She giggles as her face gets red.

"Oh stop it." She says with a smile.

"Or what?" You ask.

"Or this." She says as you feel her start to tickle your stomach.

"Two can play this game." You say through laughter as you start to go on the attack. The two of you go back and forth, tickling and wrestling each other on the bed until the door swings open.

"Will you two quiet down. Some of us are trying to sleep!" You look up and see Nora standing in the doorway, hair all messy with a glare on her face.

"Umm yeah sure sorry about that." You say.

"Someone is jealous that she can't do that with Ren." You hear Yang whisper.

"What was that?"

"Uh it was nothing Nora." You get up and start to close the door. "Good night." You turn and see Yang laying in bed, laughing at her own joke. You climb into bed and wrap your arms around her as well as joining her in laughing.

"That was a close one." She says with misty eyes from laughing so much.

"The last thing we need is an angry Nora at this hour." Yang giggles at your comment. She then reaches up and pulls you into a kiss as she wraps her arms around your neck and intertwines a leg with yours.

"Good night (Y/N). I love you." She whispers as she nuzzles her head into your chest.

"I love you too beautiful."

The Next Morning

"Just take deep breaths and clear you mind." You hear Ren's voice say from in front of you. You open on eye and look over at Yang. With her hair still messy from sleeping, she sits cross legged with her eyes closed while breathing rhythmically. You close you eye and smile, feeling the warm sun shine on your face as it slowly rises while a cool breeze blows gently on your neck. The three of you sit peacefully, the only sound audible are the birds and the recording of a babbling brook that Ren is playing on his scroll. A light buzzing can be heard and the sound of the brook shuts off.

"You two keep this up and I will be back soon." You hear Ren stand up and walk away.

"How are you doing?" You whisper to Yang.

"I think I am doing good?" You open an eye and see her with a slight frown on her face. "It is just hard to push it all out." You reach over and take her hand, intertwining your fingers with yours.

"It takes a lot of practice and patients, but I know that together we will get through this." A smile comes to her face and you close your eye.

"You're right...together." She says. The two of you continue to hold hands as the sun slowly rises, both of you progressing towards the goal of finding peace with your past.

Two Days Later in the Afternoon

Ow fuck me." You mumble as you take the pin out of your finger and re-thread the string. "I can take down bad guys, cut down trees with one swing, even learned how to ride a motorcycle but I can't sew to save my damn life." You grumble as you continue to stitch up your clothes where they are cut during the pit fight. You hear footsteps and look up and see Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Nora standing in front of you. "Uh...hey girls. What's up?"

"How many times did you have to stitch up your clothes on your trip?" Ruby asks. You looks down at your pants which now looked more like a poorly knitted quilt than anything else.

"A few times..." You say softly.

"Looks like more than a few to me. You look like a scarecrow." Nora says.

"Well I'm sorry there wasn't a clothing and armor store in the middle of the wilderness."

"But there is clothing and armor store down the street." Yang replies.

"And good thing because you...you need a new look." Weiss adds.

"Look I don't know if spending our money on new clothing is the best idea." You say. "Besides, this stuff is great!" You hold up your pants and give the leg a tug, which rips off where you stitched it poorly.

"Yeeeaahhh...we are going." Yang grabs you by the hand and drags you up from the couch.

"Woooo! Makeover time!" Nora cheers as the five of you walk away from the apartment.

"Good luck." You look back and see Ren and Jaune laughing at you from a window.

"Ignore them! You're gonna look great!" Ruby says cheerfully as they lead you to the store. The drag you inside and you look around and see racks and racks of clothes. You make eye contact with another guy shopping with his girlfriend and the two of you exchange a look of panic.

"You head into here and then we will give you stuff to try on." Weiss says as she opens a dressing room door.

"You aren't going to ask about what colors I like or what I might want?"

"Nope!" Yang says as she pushes you in.

"This is going to be the death of me." You groan. For the next three hours, the four girls feed you different outfits to try one. Clothing of all sizes, fits, colors, and patterns and put on and showed off during what feels like a mini fashion show.

"How many more?" You groan while peeking your head out of the dressing room.

"Just a few more! Try this on!" Ruby says as she hands you an outfit.

"Try on all these damn clothes like I am some dress up doll." You mumble along with some choice words as you slip into the outfit. Once it is all on, you look at yourself in the mirror. "Hmm...not that bad." You step out of the changing room and give the girls a mocking twirl.

"Oooh I like it." Nora says eagerly.

"Here put these on." Yang says as she black combat boots.

"Hmm...it looks good." Weiss says. "You know if you weren't in a relationship with Yang I might..."

"Weiss..." Yang says as she looks at the white haired girl with a glare."

I'm kidding!" Weiss says with a laugh. "Anyway. You got the black combat boots, some dark blue jeans like Jaune."

"Black short sleeved shirt on with a dark grey jacket with orange accents. Hey...cuff those sleeves to above the elbows like how Yang does it...there you go that looks good." Nora adds.

"And the armor!" Ruby says as she tosses you piece after piece. Once you are done putting it all on you have black finger-less gloves on that lead up to a forearm piece on both arms, and a chest piece that is similar to Jaune's.

"Oooh you know what would look good? If we get your emblem on it somewhere." Yang says. "Maybe...on you chest piece? In the center?"

"Then we can get your weapons colored to grey and orange too!" Ruby squeals with delight.

"Eventually we can, but let's just wrap it up for now. I am kind of tired of shopping." You say with a groan as the girls giggle at you.

"We will go pay." Weiss says. "Just wait here." Her, Ruby, and Nora take off and leave you alone with Yang.

"So does it look good?" You ask her.

"Doesn't matter what you wear, you are always looking good to me." She says with a smirk. "But it could use something else."

"What?"

"Close your eyes." She says. You sigh and close them. You wait a few seconds until you feel something placed in your face. You open your eyes and see the world shaded and Yang smiling back at you.

"Aviators? Like yours?"

"Yes! We can match! Every badass has to have a cool pair of shades." She says happily. You smile and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"I love them and you." You say, earning a giggle from her.

"Come on! It looks like they are done paying. Let's go get something to eat." She says cheerfully as she grabs you be the arm and drags you out of the shop, the sun slowly starting to set.

The five of you walk back to the apartment as the day starts to wind down. As you pass an alley you look down and see a pair of White Fang members with the swords raised and one looking at you with a smirk.

"Mom? Dad?" You stammer out as you stop and stare at the two people kneeling. One of their heads turn and you see the face of your mother, tears pouring down her face.

"No." You pull you Lux Resistis. "No!" You start running down the alley, letting out shotgun round after shotgun round at the White Fang members. "No! No! No! No!" You scream between each shot, but the scene doesn't change. You watch helplessly as they are killed in front of you. Collapsing to your knees, you start to sob.

"(Y/N)!" You hear the girls yell from behind you. You continue to cry into your hands until you feel Yang pull your into her embrace.

"Shhhh it is okay." She whispers to you as she rubs your back and pulls you head into you shoulder.

"They killed them in front of me Yang." You say as you sob into her shoulder. "I saw the light fade from their eyes as I held their dead bodies. I...I couldn't save them."

"Get the fuck back!" You look up and see Nora pouting her grenade launcher at a group of people that started to gather.

"No staring!" Weiss yells as she makes an ice wall and blocks off one part of the alley.

"It is okay (Y/N). Just cry it out." You bury your head back into her shoulder.

"I...I can't believe it happened. They...they are just gone and there is no brining them back Yang."

"I know (Y/N)...I know, but we are here for you and like you told me: 'we are a family and will help you get through this.'" You sniffle and pull back to look at Yang, a soft smile coming onto your face.

"Thank you, but can we just get back to the apartment. This is embarrassing."

"Of course now let's go." She says to you. She helps you stand up and intertwines her fingers with yours before giving you a kiss on the cheek. The five of you walk back to the apartment where you drag yourself to your room and fall into bed, stuffing you face into your pillow and closing your eyes. A little while later, you hear a knock at the door.

"Do you wanna be left alone?" You hear Yang ask from the door way.

"No. Please be here." You mumble into you pillow. You hear her walk over and feel her take a seat on your lower back. Eventually, you feel her start to softly massage you back, trying her best to help you relax.

"I love you (Y/N). You are amazing person." she whispers softly into your ear, causing you to get goosebumps. "I am so blessed to have met you." Your breathing starts to slow down and you feel yourself cooling off.

"Thank you Yang but you don't"

"Shh just keep quiet and relax sweetheart." She whispers. You roll over and shifts to you stomach, resting her forehead onto yours and tickling your nose with hers. She gives you a peck on the lips then smiles. A smile forms on your face and you pull her down into a kiss. Yang runs her hands through your hair as you run your hands down her back and to her waist. After a while, you both pull away and stare lovingly into each other eyes.

"Those beautiful lilac eyes." You say as you caress her cheek. "I could get lost in them forever." Her face goes red and she giggles.

"God you know how to make me feel special." She says with a smile. "You are the most perfect human being to ever walk this planet."

"Right behind you of course." You say with a smile. She smiles and rolls her eyes at you.

"I knew you'd say that...but it doesn't make it any less sweet." She gives you a kiss on the cheek before sitting up and letting out yawn while stretching. She smiles down at you then lays back down on your chest, cuddling her body against you and wrapping her arms and legs around you.

"Good night handsome. I love you so much." She whispers into your ear.

"Good night my sunshine. I love you too."

This is the color scheme for the grey and burnt orange. I hope you all like it. I wanted to do a bright color and then a darker one that I thought would compliment it well and I hope you guys think it does. Just want to give you guys a rough idea of the colors that I had in mind and I hope that you can kind of picture what is being worn. If I could draw or make a computer rendering of what your gear to look like then I would, but sadly I am not gifted in that area.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
40.7K 563 10
Volume 2 of my first story. You're in a happy relationship with Ruby and you would instantly lay down your life for your new family. Even if you have...
33.5K 440 16
At Beacon Academy, young Huntsmen and Huntresses are taught and trained to protect the people and maintain the peace for all of Remnant's inhabitants...
61.2K 527 46
this is about a student in beacon about to confess his feelings to the rwby how will they react to it well find out in the story disclaimer i do not...