Serpent's Daughter (Four King...

Av TheresNo_Rush

The uncontrollable power lurking beneath Princess Alethia's skin can either be the savior of the Four Kingdom... Mer

Author's Note
1. The Woman Who Ruled Them All
2. Into the Darkness
3. What is Coming
4. The Wrong Person
5. In the Snake's Den
6. A Monster Awakens
7. Merciless Chaos
8. Sadistic Bastards (Part 1)
9. Sadistic Bastards (Part 2)
10. Love Letters
11. Dread and Terror
12. Kingdoms Will Fall (Part 1)
13. Kingdoms Will Fall (Part 2)
14. Trollops on the Throne (Part 1)
16. Trollops on the Throne (Part 3)
17. Princess of War
18. A Bloody Massacre (Part 1: Fire of Death)
19. A Bloody Massacre (Part 1: Fire of Death) Continued
20. A Bloody Massacre (Part 2: The Flesh)
21. A Bloody Massacre (Part 3: Until Death)
22. A Bloody Massacre (Part 3: Until Death) Continued
23. The Tartian Twins
24. Dunes of Death (Part 1)
25. Dunes of Death (Part 2)
Bonus Scene
26. A Grieving Liability (Part 1)
27. A Grieving Liability (Part 2)
28. A Beacon of Light (Part 1)
29. A Beacon of Light (Part 2)
30. A Fragmented Heart (Part 1)
31. A Fragmented Heart (Part 2)
32. The Warmest Welcome
33. A Grave Mistake (Part 1)
34. A Grave Mistake (Part 2)
35. A Grave Mistake (Part 3)
36. Depths of Hell
37. Damning Weaknesses
38. Shadow of Death
39. Low-Life Commoner
40. Godforsaken Wasteland
41. An Untamed Beast
42. Vastly Unprepared
43. Show Them All (Part 1)
44. Show Them All (Part 2)
45. All Over Again (Part 1)
46. All Over Again (Part 2)
47. All Over Again (Part 3)
48. A Tarnished Savior (Part 1)
49. A Tarnished Savior (Part 2)
50. A Tarnished Savior (Part 3)
to be continued...

15. Trollops on the Throne (Part 2)

414 38 55
Av TheresNo_Rush

A/N: Don't forget to leave your reactions/feedbacks and to vote! Love you guys <3

A medium-sized building appeared as they rounded the side of the castle. Two pillars stood high attached to a flat roof, and in between was a wide wooden door. In front of the temple were a pair of stone dragon statues painted green and blue. The dragons' massive mouths were wide open, exposing long fangs, as if ready to devour any who dared to enter.

Aydin led them to the door, pushing against the handle to open it. Sabrina entered first, nose filling with the sweet overwhelming fragrance of incense. The space was empty except a shrine built in front of a large statue of a woman whose hands were raised towards the sky. The woman had long wavy hair that covered her bare breasts. Sabrina marveled at the light shining through the stained glass onto the statue.

It hit the woman at a perfect angle, brightening the statue. The walls were painted around them with murals of creatures Sabrina had never seen in person. A dragon with a warrior woman on its back flying over a group of waving children caught her attention before she looked away.

She continued moving forward, noticing the person who was on their knees in front of the small shrine that held various paintings, smaller statues, flowers, and candles. The person stood, a bright sleeveless green dress rustling as it spread across the ground. Short auburn hair rested on the woman's shoulders as her light brown eyes met Sabrina's.

Queen Bellerose watched as Sabrina bowed at the waist, then her eyes flickered to her son.

"I was wondering when you would come to your senses, my boy." Queen Bellerose gave Aydin a small smile, eyes filled with sadness.

"I knew your opinions on the matter when you decided not to attend the feast," Aydin responded, a hand running through his hair as he returned his mother's smile with a quick grin. "Forgive me for not reaching the same conclusion as you sooner."

"It matters not. I knew you would eventually." Queen Bellerose stepped closer, the sound of her heel clicking against the stone floor. "You have a pure heart, dear."

Aydin shifted on his feet, and Sabrina took a deep breath, deciding it was time to step into the conversation.

"Your Majesty, please, if I may interrupt. As I've told your son, Queen Liliana is coming with hundreds of her men and will be prepared to attack as soon as her fleet docks. She will waste no time slaughtering your people before destroying your castle. For the future of the kingdoms, you require all of our services to aid you."

The queen turned away, placing a blue violet near a miniature statue in the shrine. Sabrina noticed the woman's trembling hands. She knew it would be hard for the queen to defy King Chancellor despite her agreement with Sabrina.

It was never easy to disobey someone that you loved and served alongside.

"So, I've been told." Queen Bellerose's voice was light as a feather. She faced them, hands folding in front of her dress as if to stop their shaking. "I have a place where you can hide safely until we require your assistance."

Sabrina opened her mouth to express her gratitude when Ren interrupted. "Look, lady, majesty ma'am, we need our damn weapons or we are not taking another step."

She looked at him with a tight expression. He returned her stare with hard eyes. Sabrina blew out a sigh, he wasn't going to rest on this. Alethia stood watching the entire interaction, an indifferent look on her face as though the matter wasn't any of her concern. Sabrina averted her eyes away from Alethia.

Just like with Liliana, she couldn't figure out what Alethia was thinking.

"By the goddess's lovely bones, the way you act must mean your bed has been cold for years now." Aydin smirked at Ren, eyes glinting with malice.

"Aydin, there's no need for vulgar words," Queen Bellerose said with exasperation. "Trust is earned, and as such, you will return their weapons to them. Go get them now."

At Aydin's departure, Sabrina let out a controlled breath. The tension between the men would destroy her carefully crafted plans if it persisted.

"You must understand our apprehension given the current circumstances," Queen Bellerose spoke after a few moments of silence. Ren's footsteps echoed as he moved around the room, studying the murals painted on the walls. "Many will neither believe nor support you, Lady Sabrina. A Kantian seer is simply unheard of."

Sabrina looked away, cheeks flushing at the words. She had considered that exact fact for a long time while in the dungeon. An ability that was reserved for the Witans should not have been gifted to her conniving Kantian hands. Sabrina knew where she had gotten her newfound power, but it wasn't something she could proudly announce to anyone.

She had thought she'd escaped from the truth and buried it deep into the corners of her mind, but her past had caught up with her.

At the thought, she felt her blood rush to redden her ears. Her magic rose in agitation, and she took a deep breath, shoving the restless surge of power back down.

The queen watched Ren's movements, her hands twitching as she tucked loose pieces of hair behind her ear. "Are you a believer?"

"Yes, in myself," Ren grumbled, not turning to address the queen. Sabrina frowned at his blatant disrespect. Alethia began walking the perimeter of the temple, head tilting back to look up at the stained glass above them.

"This temple is dedicated to the goddess of serenity," The queen continued despite Ren's obvious lack of enthusiasm. "It was built years ago when the Peace Treaty between our respective kingdoms was finalized. Many have prayed to the goddess, myself included. This is the one place that puts my mind at ease."

The fragrance of the incense clogged Sabrina's nose. "It's wonderful to have a place that can bring you peace of mind, Your Majesty."

Queen Bellerose gave her a small grin, hands balling up at her side. The queen's eyes went towards the ground, sharp chin tucking into her chest.

"My only desire is to protect my people. I will do what I must to accomplish that. And if trusting the three of you is what I must do, then consider it done."

Sabrina's chest tightened at the words. She had the urge to walk up to the queen and grasp her hands in a form of comfort.

"We are in your debt," Sabrina said as she curtsied, bowing her head. As she rose, the doors creaked open, and Aydin entered again. In his hands, he held two axes and a long sheath with the red laced hilt of a sword protruding from it.

Aydin placed the weapons on the ground and moved towards his mother. "I've postponed the War Council as long as I could, but our presence is required immediately. Let's hurry."

Sabrina watched as Alethia and Ren strapped their weapons back into their rightful places. When she turned back to the queen, she noticed that the woman was moving around the shrine to the back wall. Aydin indicated with his head to follow them. Sabrina cautiously went around to find Queen Bellerose pulling on a torch handle.

The mural painting divided down the middle. Sabrina held her breath as the queen put her fingers in the newly-formed slit, pushing back to reveal a tunnel opening. They followed her inside, the darkness flooding their senses.

Her worn boots stepped on pebbles, sending jolts of pain up through her legs. Sabrina placed a hand on the nearby wall only to yank it away at the grimy feeling. A dim light appeared in their line of vision after walking in silence for a couple of moments.

The small tunnel opened up into a circular area that contained large barrels pushed against one side, a pile of dust-ridden blankets and pillows, a couple of wooden chairs, and a sewing basket filled with yarn and knitting needles. A couple of torches were lit on the walls of the space, providing minimum lighting.

"Stay here until we return." The queen gestured at the space. "There are fresh apples in one of the barrels. I just had them moved in here today."

Sabrina looked at her curiously, and the queen's cheeks blotched with redness. "I often come here to escape."

Ren started towards the barrels, yanking aside one of the lids and grasping a bright red apple. Sabrina sighed. "Thank you for everything, Your Majesty."

Queen Bellerose nodded, and she headed back down the tunnel to the exit. Aydin took another look around, narrowed eyes lingering on Ren before he followed his mother. The sound of the opening sliding shut filled the space, and a tense silence fell over the group.

Sabrina sucked in a deep breath as her apprehension settled down for what felt like the first time in years. The air was stale and smelled of dirt and must. Ren munched on his apple as he sat in a chair, leaning forward to prop his elbows on his knees.

"What's your plan?" Ren asked, dangling the core of the apple in his line of vision. "Seems like you got something in mind."

"Some things are better left unsaid." Sabrina went to the barrel, picking out an apple for herself. Alethia watched her movements from a chair where she had laid down a pillow on top for cushioning.

"Will your plan lead us to her?" Alethia asked, coldly. Sabrina looked over at her. Her hands automatically tightened around her apple, nails biting into the skin of it. Juice from the fruit trickled down her hands, and Sabrina startled at the unexpected sensation, wiping her hands on her cloak to get rid of the liquid.

Sabrina nodded, a grim expression on her face. "Yes, it will."

"Then, do what you must." Alethia looked away, eyes focusing on the barrel behind Sabrina. "I care not for the details of the plan."

"For skies' sake, why am I surrounded by women with bloody death wishes?" Ren threw his apple core down the tunnel, frustration flooding his voice.

"One day, you'll understand," Sabrina said lightly, visions flooding her mind. There was only one way to get to the future they needed. For the sake of all four kingdoms, she had to push it in the one direction she knew how. "For now, I suggest we all get some rest. We're going to need it."

Ren clicked his tongue at her words, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his seat. Alethia stood up to grasp a blanket, shaking out the dust and sneezing in the process. Sabrina grabbed a pillow and a couple of blankets for herself, laying them out on the ground.

Goosebumps formed across her skin as she laid down. She prayed for sleep without any dreams or visions.

Sometimes, knowledge of the future was a curse.

The burden of her plan was heavy on her heart. Guilt surged up, harsh and cruel, as she remembered what she had told Cecilia. The woman had given her food and water when she was at her weakest. Cecilia had been a bright light when the darkness in the dungeons had clung to her. With that thought in mind, she closed her watering eyes, tears falling down her cheeks.

A/N: Continue forth for the last part of the chapter.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

303 36 23
Ivelle Preston had a perfectly normal life. She grew up in small English town, and she always wished she had a more adventurous life. Her wish came t...
1.5M 99.5K 193
[wattys 2018 shortlisted] Humans see her as a dangerous threat -a witch that must be executed. With the uncontrollable ability to form ice at her fin...
269K 14.8K 89
Watty's 2018 Long list! Highest Ranking: #1 in Action & #1 in Fantasy. (For ease of reading for those with mobile devices, this written work will be...
31.7K 3.3K 88
RUMPELSTILTSKIN RETELLING. "I challenge you to find my name, princess. Three tries." Light flickers beneath the recesses of his mask, the wooden fan...