Mr. And Ms. billionaire

By ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 29

6.3K 255 83
By ArinStone

Hello everyone!

So the cover above is the one that I'm thinking of changing my present one to. What do you think?

I CROSSED 100K READS!!!!YAYY. Currently I have 128k reads. But what I'm mostly excited about is my rankings which lasted for a few days(#6 in humor, #1 in hatred and #577 in ROMANCE!!). Keyword being 'lasted'. Lol

Thank you so much guys for all your support and love.

Check the author's note at the end.

...................

  The clitter clatter sound of forks hitting plates and the familiar sight of waiters passing by greet Laura and Jared as they enter the restaurant. A member of their team waves at them from their booth so they both head off to that direction.

  'Are we late?' Laura asks Iffat as she sits beside her.

  'No. We all just arrived as well.' Iffat replies.

  Then why are everyone looking so weirdly at them.

  Someone pulls the chair beside Laura back and takes place on it. She doesn't even have to look to know who it is. She smelt the same cologne earlier today as well.

  Whispering from around Laura catches her attention again. They all look as if they are measuring her and Jared although they try to look nonchalant when Laura looks at them.

  What are they whispering about while looking at us?

  'Whenever we were together before we always seemed to have bad blood between us but we came together today. So they're just measuring us to understand what changed.' Jared answers her unspoken question from beside her in an amused tone.

  What is so funny about the bad blood between us that he's amused?

  'I knew that. You didn't have to tell me.' Laura lies. Nothing bad would happen from a white lie anyways.

  'Oh really? My bad then.' Jared answers in a tone which clearly says that he doesn't believe her. But he doesn't make any comment.

  'Have you checked my ideas yet?' Iffat asks from beside her.

  Laura turns towards her to reply, 'I have. Those were really nice. I haven't talked with Jared yet. We'll have to hold a meeting with Marissa present. So that we can decide on a idea. She must have some of her own.'

  They continue talking for a little while about their project. Iffat tells her about their team members. Although Laura knows everyone she never actually spent much time with them.

  She also chats with another team member. Apperantly Grace and Reid had a huge fight today. No one knows why though.

  She looks at the culprits. Even now they're furiously whispering between themselves. The people sitting beside them are giving those two amused glances.

  'Wine?' Jared takes Laura's attention while holding a bottle. He pours white wine on a glass for her. She thanks him in return. Jared shrugs.

  'We're paying for all these right?' Laura asks him in a small voice while sipping wine.

  Jared looks at her with furrowed eyebrows. 'No! I am paying for all these. My treat.'

  'Why would you alone pay? I'm also their boss. So we both should pay.'

  'You seem to forget that you haven't took over your company yet. Which makes you an employee who's working without any salary. On top of that you are working while staying in my company. So technically I'm your boss as well.' Jared says in a teasing tone.

  As Laura's eyes turn into slit with fury Jared inwardly smiles. It's always fun to mess with Ms. Williams.

  'Excuse me! Just because it's unofficial doesn't mean I'm not their boss. I'm currently the acting boss and after this project ends it'll become official.' Laura seethes with anger.

  All the heads in their table turn their way at Laura's tone.

  Without missing a beat Jared says, 'Exactly! You're acting as their boss. You're not actually their boss. That makes me everyone's boss.'

  Laura leaves an disbelieved huff and turns towards Jared. 'Seriously!' When an awkward silence falls on their table Laura blinks.

  Shit! She totally forgot that she has an audience. She can imagine how she's looking right now. Turned halfway towards Jared and shouting like an idiot.

  Laura tucks her stray hair behind her ear and turns towards everyone with a forced embarrassed little smile.

  'So did you all enjoy the wine?'

  Their food's arrival saves her from making another weird attempt.

  'Are you actually doing this just so that you can pay for our dinner? Do you know how immature your behaviour is?' This time Laura makes sure her voice is low so that others don't hear her.

  Instead of answering her question Jared asks, 'Do you know how you look when you're angry?'

  Laura looks at him with confusion. 'What's that got to do with anything?'

  'Perhaps I just wanted to see you angry.'

  'Huh!' Laura utters in a sppechless tone. Her argument with Jared almost forgotten.

  What does he mean by that? Is he...is he flirting with.....No no no. He must've meant that he likes to annoy her. Yeah that's what he meant.

  'You know, we never finished our 5 questions.' Jared casually says while eating his pasta.

  'Right? As if I'm gonna do that after you insulted me just minutes ago.' Laura doesn't look up from her food.

  'I was just pulling your leg.'

  'That was pulling my leg!'

  Jared looks at her with an amused smile. 'C'mon! You know it was fun.'

  Laura finally looks up at him with a dead look. 'It must've been fun for you. Not so much for me.'

  'Alright fine. I'm sorry! Now let's finish our earlier game.'

  Ugh! Why is he so hell bent to play this stupid game again? Fine he wants to play. I'll play. Let's see if he enjoys.

  'You're not forgiven but anyways! Let me ask you questions.' At Jared's 'okay' Laura asks, 'What kind of person were you in high school?'

  A shadowed look comes in Jared's eyes as if he's reliving some memories. But it goes away as fast as it came. 'I was a 'fuck 'em all' kinda guy.'

  Not a lie. Laura bitterly thinks but doesn't let her emotions affect her voice.

  'A douchbag then.'

  Jared gives a small chuckle under his breath. It almost sounded like a bitter one. 'A jerk but I guess you can say that.'

  A faraway memory resurfaces on Laura's mind.

  'You can't expect anything else from a douchbag's secretary.' Ella screamed.

  A smile breaks into Laura's face.

  'What's so funny?' Jared asks when he notices her look.

  'When Ella heard that Reid had refused to let me meet with you she had called him a douchbag's secretary.' Laura bites hit lip when she notices the look on Jared's face.

  'Now, I understand why you dislike me... wait, I don't. But what have I done to Ella?' Jared asks in a playful tone.

  She dislikes you because I dislike you.

  Instead of replying with what she knew Laura simply says, 'Ask her yourself the next time you meet her.'

  'That may never happen by the way.' Jared gives her a pointed look.

  'Then you'd never know the reason!' Laura shrugs. 'Alright second question. The one thing that you regret the most in your life.' Laura says.

  Only when a dark look passes Jared's face she realises what actually has she asked.

  Seriously? Why did I have to ask him that? It's not like he would mention that day. In the end I'd be the one pissed off. But although she doesn't want to admit she's actually really eager to know the answer.

  Jared notices the shift in Laura's look. Before she was talking while eating her food but now her complete attention is towards him. As he notices the intense pair of green eyes he averts his gaze.

  Would it ever get old? Looking at those eyes always sends him back to a time he doesn't want to go back. He won't lie. Laura's question gave him a shock. How many times has he regretted his actions?

  A ping sound diverts both of their's attention. Jared's phone is on the table in between Jared and Laura. He looks at it and notices a new message.

  Laura has no reason to check his notification but when she looks at it at the ping sound the name that flashes across the screen catches her attention.

Alisha:

You up for tonight? Or do you want to change plans?

  Jared takes the phone on his hand to type a quick reply but in this spilt second Laura has already read the text.

  Are these two actually in a retionship like tabloids assume? Or why else would she have plans........nah I'm not going think about this. It's none of my concern.

  Jared had totally forgotten about Alisha. Alisha was supposed to come over today for drinks. They hadn't been able to meet for the last two weeks due to both of their busy schedule. He sends a quick reply saying 'same plan' and pockets his phone.

  He looks at Laura to see that she has already finished her food and just as he's about to say something Laura excuses herself to the washroom.

  Just as she closes the ladies room's door behind her she leaves a breath. She stands in front of the mirror and looks at her reflection.

  After a whole day in office and socializing in here all that's staring back at her is a very tired girl.

  Would it ever get old? Trying to forget the tormenting memories. Why does it always come back to stand in front of me? There's Jared, the walking talking memory. Then there's Alisha, the one pulled the strings without anyone knowing. The moment they realise who I am, how am I supposed to behave with them?

  Laura shakes her head. Gosh! She's acting stupid. Always over thinking.

  When Laura takes her seat in the table again almost everyone's finished with their food. Dessert has arrived already.

  Laura feels one pair of eyes' gaze at her so she looks up to see Jared's looking at her.

  'What?'

  'What I regret the most in my life currently is....' Jared takes a pause. Laura straightens her ears if that's even possible in anticipation.

  What is he going to say?

  'That I haven't treated you to lunch yet.' Jared says like this was his answer all along.

  It's like a bucket of cold water fell on Laura that's how shocked she becomes at his reply. She looks at Jared with widened eyes. Jared looks back. And together they burst in laughter.

  'That was a good one. Fabulous reply Mr. Parker.' Laura says in between laughing. Jared just laughs in return.

  People of their table gives them looks that say 'They-Have-Gone-Crazy'. Laura can just feel them thinking about how crazy they are. Arguing one minute and laughing at another. Even Reid and Grace are looking civilized now. Both of them sharing the same looks as others.

  Don't worry guys! This is just as much absurd to me. One minute I hate him and another minute I'm laughing with him. Am I pathetic for chit chatting like this with the person whom I'm supposed to hate the most?

  When the waiter brings their bill Jared (even after a lot of protests from Laura) gets his credit card out and Laura's phone vibrates.

  'Hi Diego!' Laura greets after picking up the call.

  A surge of annoyance hits Jared when he hears that name. Why does this guy always appear whenever he's around? Obviously he's annoyed by him only because of his tempering with their business deal. There's definitely no other reason.

  'Hello, gorgeous! How're you doing? Didn't miss me too much right?' Diego greets Laura back with his ever so charming voice.

  'You wish! So what is it?' Laura asks with a small chuckle.

  Jared purses his lips together at Laura's cheery tone. Why is it that he has to do so much yet Laura never talks to him in such a tone?

  'Oh! You wound me Laura! Straight to business huh? Can't guy call to just talk?' Diego says in a mock hurt tone.

  'Have you called to just talk?' Laura asks in an amused tone. In the middle of all of her confused thoughts talking to Diego is quiet refreshing.

  'Well no! But I was just saying. I'm actually calling to tell you that I know you don't have any date so I'll take you. By the way, you can't take anyone else cause I asked you first.'

  Laura asks in a complete confused tone, 'What are you talking about?'

  Jared has already paid the bill so everyone starts leaving bidding, good night to everyone. Jared and Laura both also bid good night to each other. All the while Laura's clutching her phone to her ear.

  'Oh! You don't know yet. Then I guess you're soon to find out anyways. Bye!'

  'Hey!' Before Laura can ask him what he means he cuts the call.

  She takes her car keys from Grace who brought her car here from the office. Laura gets in her car after saying bye to Grace as well.

  As her car falls in the main road Marcuse calls. What's up with all the calls?

  'What's up dad? Back from your business trip already?' Laura asks while looking at the road.

  'I'm fine. How are you doing?' Marcus asks.

  'Good. Going to my place now.'

  'Oh, you're on the road. I actually called to let you know about something.' He takes a pause then continues in a casual tone, 'I'm holding a party tomorrow. That's why I'm back today since I can't really make my own guests wait, can I?'

  Laura confusedly asks, 'Guests? And what party?'

  Marcus replies with an awful attempt at lying. 'Oh! I haven't told you! Look at me, I was so busy inviting everyone I totally forgot about you. Your mom and I are holding a party tomorrow for you.'

  Laura shakes her head Marcus' tone. She's pretty sure he was more like 'Let's-Not-Tell-Laura-So-That-She-Can't-Say-No.'

  'You're the host by the way. You're finally going to meet everyone officially as my daughter. All our business associates and media will be there.'

  Oh! So this is what Diego was talking about. Dad throwing a party without even letting her know.

  Great! Now does she have to attend a party out of the blue? Why is she feeling like something is going to happen at this party?

..................

Alright, so my all time nemesis Footprint2008 is finally writing her first book 'Her Beautiful Lies'. It's a paranormal book and I think she's going to do a terrific job. Show her all the support and love so that I can rub it on her face later on. 😂😂 It's a great book so you should really check it out.

By the way guys I've noticed that a lot of you are writing books. Check out 'The Moonlight Awards'. I really like their judging system so I've joined as a judge.

Last but not the least #BlackLivesMatter. I can't believe that even though we're living in 21st century some people still think like ancient times. This is time that we all come forward for the black community and work together to change the society.

Song for the chapter: This is america by Childish Gambino.

Q.O.T.C: What do you think is going to happen next?

Me: Something juicy.

Lots of love

Till next time

Stay safe, stay happy

-Arin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...
848K 21.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
745K 50.1K 97
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
116K 7.3K 61
✯Sequel to A beautiful mistake ✯ Can be read as a Stand-alone novel A fun fact about redheads. Did you know they derived their fierce temper from the...