That Summer Feeling [H.S.]

Od bluecherryxo

✫*゚・゚。. I want more berries and that summer feeling ☆.*。・゚✫ This shouldn't be happening but it is. I shouldn... Více

Author's Note
0. Close to You
1. We're Never Done With Killing Time
2. I'ma Stick With the Girls
3. Consideration
4. Summer Breaking
5. Gettin' Our Dreams
6. Feels Like Summer
7. Lost In the Heat of It All
8. Wait a Minute!
9. Bloodline
10. Feel Alright
11. Smiling at the Purple Skies
12. Peach Papaya
14. Got Me Losing All My Cool
15. Playground
16. Romantic Getaway
17. Out in the Moonlight
18. Monopoly
19. Breathe Deeper
20. Sky So Blue
21. Cayendo
22. Boys Will Be Boys.. But Girls Will Be Women
23. Poolside Convo
24. Blue World
25. How Can I Tell You?
26. Tongue Tied
27. Is It Summertime Magic?
28. Chamber of Reflection
29. Put My Mind At Ease
30. Watermelon Sugar
31. Rose Rouge
32. All Mixed Up Inside
33. She
34. Motion
35. Funfair
36. Just Friends (Don't Do What We Do)
37. Summer Came Like Cinnamon
38. Secret Little Rendevous
39. Live While We're Young
40. Waves
41. Nothing Like Ice On a Summer Day
42. R U Mine?
43. Burnin' Up
44. Watermelon Sugar 2.0
45. Cake by the Ocean
46. You're So Golden
47. "Free the Boys 'Til It's Backwards!"
48. Sundress
49. Lost in Translation
50. when the party's over
51. Summer Bummer
52. Sangria
53. Late Night Feelings
54. Walking on Sunshine
55. Rules Were Made to be Broken
56. The Final Dinner
57. The Final Game Night
58. The Final Bonfire (Part 1)
59. Bonfire (Part 2)
60. All Good Things Come To An End
61. Wishful Thinking
62. Happy & Sad
63. VEGAS (Part 1)
64. VEGAS (Part 2)
65. Summerboy
66. Night Changes
67. Close To You
68. Summer Love
69. I'll Be Seeing You
70. Fine Line
<3
SUMMER 4EVER (aka the SEQUEL)

13. Electric Feel

2.8K 81 94
Od bluecherryxo

"Can we get ready already?" Gigi asks us as we were all plopped around the couch, watching re-runs of Friends. "I'm too excited!"

"I agree," Beau says, immediately sitting up.

"Let's go!" Bella says before jumping up. The girls and I quickly followed behind, leaving Niall, Adam, and Liam pretty confused. Getting ready, especially with all your friends, is almost better than the event you're getting ready for.

It was a few days after the museum. Things have been super casual and laidback around the house. We spent most days out on the beach and nights spent getting to know each other better. We had collectively discovered that we got so along so naturally and so quickly. It was surprising because we were all living together and had no real issues with each other. It's been pretty causal between Harry and I as well. We've only been in the same room alone a few times in the past couple days and it was because we went to sleep at the same time. It wasn't awkward or anything. It just felt like we were friends and things have just slowed down between us, which was a good thing.

"When was the last time we went clubbing?" Maggie asks.

We were all in her room that she was sharing with Gigi again. The floor and bed was already a mess. Random articles of clothing were starting to pile around us on the floor and we threw our makeup products all over the bed, too excited about tonight to be organized.

"I think it was your birthday," Gigi answers, "two months ago."

"Yeah," Beau says, "we went to that shitty one in Hollywood."

"Oh, right," Bella says with a laugh. "At least we got to spend that weekend in LA."

"Should we go all out?" I ask everyone, not knowing what I should wear. "Like dresses and high heels?"

"We should dress up but not dress up, you feel?" Beau says.

"Yeah, stay looking cute, of course," Bella agrees.

"I didn't bring a ton of options," Sierra says with a groan, "I literally brought more bikinis than dresses."

"You can borrow something of mine if you want," Bella tells her and then offers the same thing to each of us. "I don't mind."

I hold up a pink dress of mine with skinny straps and look at it for a few seconds before putting it back. I didn't feel like wearing a dress tonight. I'd save that for another time. Instead, I opt for a white crop top and a fitted black skirt that I knew hugged my hips perfectly. It was on the high waisted side and reached down a little above the middle of my thigh. It would be a good fit for a club. I set my outfit aside and focus on my makeup for the night. I wanted to do a black eyeliner and nude lips. It paired well with what I was wearing.

"I'm gonna bring out these bad boys," Maggie says as she holds up a pair of fuchsia pumps, which we all awe over.

"Okay, I'll wear this!" Bella exclaims as she exits the bathroom. She was wearing leather pants and a white crop top.

"Hot!" Beau tells her.

"Can we pretend I didn't wear this dress for Halloween last year?" Zoey holds up a short red dress with skinny straps. She dressed up as a devil last year. We chuckle and nod, knowing that repeating outfits is hard not to do. When I'm done applying my face makeup, there's a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Gigi says.

"I need some help," Liam says as he pops his head in. He opens the door wider and steps in, holding two pairs of shoes in his hands. One of them was white trainers and the other was all black.

"Which one?"

"White," Gigi says first.

"I agree," Maggie says.

"I like the black," I say after careful evaluation.

"Black," Beau agrees with me. "That's a vibe."

"White," Zoey says, "no, black. What if someone steps on you? Your precious shoes will suffer."

"You're right," Liam says with a concerned look, "thanks guys."

"Can someone zip me up?" Zoey asks.

"Of course, hon," Beau says, getting up from the bed and zips up Zoey's short black dress.

There was an hour left until the opening started, which meant we should be leaving soon. The room smelled like sweet perfume and powder. The floor was almost completely covered in different pieces of clothing and shoes. There was no way we'd know what was who's by a mere look at it.

"Would these shoes look good?" Maggie asks from her position on the floor as she holds up a pair of hot pink high heels. Her outfit consisted of a pair of black shorts and a black tube top with pink contrast stitching.

"Yes, you hot bitch," Beau says as he puts on a pair of white jeans.

"I'm going to wear black pantyhose," she adds, "forgot to shave."

"Yes, smart," Bella says.

"You look so good," Zoey tells her.

We all agree as we finish getting ready. We would get a few knocks and yells from the guys outside the door to hurry up. We'd all answer in a not-so polite way.

"These are going to be a mission to put on," Gigi says, holding up knee-high black laced boots.

"Is this top too short?" I say, looking down at my top that hung right above my rib cage. "I should probably put on a bra.."

"It looks good!" Sierra tells me.

"Lace, my sweets, don't ever question yourself," Beau tells me, "I wouldn't know how to act if I looked like you."

"Yeah," Bella says as she's bent over helping Gigi lace up her boots, "and just put on stickies, you're boobs look fine."

"They're on the smaller side," I sheepishly say as I grab my chest.

"They're a good size!" Zoey tells me as she finishes the final touches of her nude lips.

"Proud member of the itty bitty titty committee," Sierra says with a chuckle as she salutes my way.

"Hey, girls," we hear Liam's voice through the door, "the boob talk is really fascinating and all but we need to head out in 5 minutes or say goodbye to your chauffeur."

We giggle and rush to finish. My eyes look over at myself in the mirror one last time before I put on my black heels. Only three of us were going to bring purses so we all decided to share space in the bags in order to fit our phones and anything else we'd want to bring.

"Okay," Zoey says with a sigh, emerging from the bathroom with a black dress in hand, "the red dress wins."

"Finally," Sierra says, "that's the third time you change."

"We've been saying that's the best one for hours," Beau chuckles.

"I know, I should have gone with my gut feeling from the beginning."

"Well, you look gorgeous no matter what," I tell her.

"Thank you," she smiles. "So do you."

"Lace, can I borrow that sweater you wore today?" Maggie asks. I nod and walk over to the corner I remember throwing it to, them hand it to her.

"We have to take pictures!" Beau exclaims before putting on an extra coat of clear lip gloss.

"Yes!" Maggie yells back.

"We could do it there," Gigi says, "we should get going before the guys leave us."

We all reluctantly grabs our things and leave the room, not excited to be coming back to clean up the huge mess we left. We run into Adam in the hallway. He looked like he was freshly showered. He was in black pants and a black t-shirt underneath a light blue fitted jacket. He looks over at all of us with slightly wide eyes.

"Wow," he stutters out, "you guys look cool."

We all giggle, passing by him and down the stairs. We all looked and felt good, looking forward to spending the night dancing and having fun.

"Holy shit," we hear Louis say from the couch. He was sitting there with the rest of the guys. The girls and I played it cool under the wide stares of all the males in the room while Beau just looked at us proudly and winking at the guys. We didn't need their confirmation that we looked great but it did feel good knowing their dropped jaws were due to looking like we do right now.

"Let's get going," Gigi says.

The guys stare at us for a few seconds later before snapping out of it and standing up. I'd be lying if I said they didn't clean up good. Their hair was styled and they weren't wearing shorts for the first time in 5 days. A whiff of a familiar cologne hits my nose as Harry struts past me. He turns and glances at me before turning back with a small gleam in his eyes and goes towards the front door. I felt like I need a cold drink of water just looking at him. He was wearing a black shirt with a unique white patten all over and fitted black jeans. His black boots made him even more taller than he already was. His curls were pushed from his face and to the side. He looked like a celebrity on the red carpet. It really wasn't fair.

"You girls won't be cold?" Niall says besides me as we step out of the house. I realize that most of us brought sweaters. The night air felt breezy but it was bearable. We'd be inside anyway.

"I think we can manage," I tell him with a smile.

"Well, I put my brand new suede jacket on the table if there's any takers. And oi! It's the same color as your skirt!" He tells me before laughing.

I immediately smile at just the sound of his laugh. He really has a unique and infectious laugh.
"It's a nice jacket."

"Hey, Lace," Liam calls over to me from behind. "Look! We're the leather bros."

I giggle as I look over at him and Zayn, both wearing similar leather jackets. They were even wearing dark colored pants and shirts. Liam was grinning widely while Zayn's eyebrows carried a small frown on them.

"He wouldn't let me change," Zayn says, which made me giggle even more.

"Alright, lads, let's split," Louis says once everyone is standing in the front of the house, next to the cars. "Who's leading? Decide wisely because that means you are also the designated drivers."

"I'll do it," Harry volunteers right away.

"I can also drive," Liam says to my surprise. I was certain he'd want to drink tonight but I guess not.

"Right then. I'll count you guys off, s'more fun this way." He goes up to everyone and taps their head while alternating the number one and two. "Can I have all the one's raise their hands?" He says after he taps everyone except for Harry and Liam.

I raise my hand along with Zoey, Adam, Sierra, Niall, and Zayn.

"Alright, one's go with Mr. Styles. The rest, aka the more superior, go with Liam Payne."

"We should race!" Liam exclaims before we all get into the cars. "Whoever gets there first wins something cool."

"Like what?" Gigi asks.

"No more dish-washing," Sierra yells out.

"They get to be waited on by the losers!" Niall suggests.

"Ooh, a cash prize," Beau exclaims.

"The losers have to sleep outside!" Liam says.

"Do you really want to lose another bet, mate?" Harry says. Exclaims of "oohs" and "ohs" are heard though out the open space. We all laugh at Liam's sour face while Harry's was just smug.

"Alright, how about," Louis begins saying, "the losers have to prepare a talent show. It'll be the after-dinner entertainment."

"What am I, a ballerina?" Niall snorts. "That's an awful punishment."

"Sounds like you know you're going to lose, Nialler," Louis tells him with a mischievous grin.

"Like, each one of the losers performs? Or as a group?" Gigi asks.

"Group," Louis says then turns to me and the rest of the one's, "unless you guys want to do individual performances."

"Oi, you should be asking yourself that!" Zayn says.

"Are we really going to put all our trust on Liam?" Beau says to the ones riding in the same car as him. We laugh while Liam looks at him offended.

"I can do it! I will own all your asses. They don't call me Ricky Bobby for nothing."

"What's up with all these nicknames?" Gigi says. "Do you have other friends that call you these?"

"Alright, boys and girls," Louis says loudly, "are we racing or not?" We all shift eyes over to each other and slowly to Harry and Liam, who are the drivers.

"It's on," Harry says, staring at Liam with a small smirk.

"Oh, it's so on," Liam retorts then rushes to the driver's seat of his car.

We all exclaim in excitement. I was worried that this impromptu race would bring any harm or danger. I know both Liam and Harry were good drivers. I just hoped we all get there in one piece.

"No, mate." Harry stops Zayn before he could get into the passenger's seat. "Lacey's in the front."

"She is?"

"I am?" I ask as the same time as Zayn with raised eyebrows. I was about to go in the back with the rest.

"I need a good guider." Harry nods, looking at Zayn from across the car.

"I'm good!" Zayn says offended.

"We drove the opposite way when we were leaving the airport because of you, mate," he says while squinting his eyes at him. "She's going up front." He doesn't say anything else and gets in the car.

Zayn looks defeated as he looks at me and then starts walking to the backside of the car. "Someone's got a massive crush," he mumbles as he walks past me. I turn to look at him, confused, but a loud honk startles me.

"Are we doing this or not?!" Liam shouts from the driver's seat of his car. I hear Harry chuckle as I get in and buckle my seat belt. I quickly tap the directions on my phone and turn the navigation on. It would take us 17 minutes to get there.

"You sure you can do this?" I ask Harry.

"Yeah," Niall pops his head in between us, "not really in the mood to put on my tapping shoes because of Lou."

He fixes the rear view mirror before looking at me, a wicked smile hanging on his lips. He turns to look at all of us, eyes piercing but his mouth never moving. He turns back and starts the engine.

"Buckle the fuck up because I am not driving this thing under 70."

We all have a brief talk before the race begins because we realized we had to get out of the driveway and onto the road so that it's be wide enough for us to have a proper race. I nervously gripped my phone after giving Harry the first few directions. The windows of both cars were rolled down as we all looked at each other, about to start. Harry just stared forward, both hands tightly gripping the wheel as Liam attempted to trash talk.

It was in this moment, looking at the empty road ahead of us and hearing my friends cheer Harry on in the back, that I realized this was probably the stupidest idea ever. Racing, especially in an area that was, A.) unfamiliar to all of us and B.) not legal, was dangerous and dumb. It could very likely end up in getting pulled over or worse. I take a quick breath before looking over at Harry's concentrated face. I try to swallow down my bundle of nerves.

"Wait, Harry, I don't think—"

"On your marks!" I hear Louis yell.

Harry locks careful eyes with me. I wanted to stop this all before it started but it was like my throat closed up. All I could do was shake my head and look at him with pleading eyes.

"Ready?! Set?! Go!"

My whole body collapsed back on my seat, my head bumping on the headrest. Harry had put his foot on the gas pedal and stepped on it before I knew it. My screaming was drowned out along with my friends' as he drove straight down the road. I couldn't even keep track of of the other car because everything was going too fast to think properly.

"Oh, my god!" Zoey and Sierra scream out.

"Holy fuck!" Zayn shouts with a laugh.

The car zooms through the mountains surrounding the dark highway, approaching the main streets in no time. I feel my heart almost break out of my chest as every muscle tenses up on the leather seat.

"Lacey?" Harry calls me over. "What's the next direction?"

"Um—" I lick my dry lips.

"C'mon, love, read it off your phone!"

His words don't process as quickly as they would under normal circumstances. I hold onto my seatbelt, swallowing a large lump in my throat. I feel dizzy looking at my phone, blinking so I can focus on it. I was shocked when I saw we were only 10 minutes away.

"Turn right at the next light!"

The next light came sooner than expected and we all screamed when the car swerved right. My fingers turned white as they held onto the door handle next to me. My heart felt like it was going to fall out of my chest. I could hear everyone in the back laughing and taking videos but I didn't like this feeling at all. I felt like my air was being cut off. I felt that we were going so fast that there was no way this would end fine.

"Next direction!"

"I—um, uh, another right!"

"When?!"

"Now!"

I held on tightly as he quickly turned the wheel and the whole car to the right. There was nothing more I wanted than to get out of this small space.

"Turn left in half a mile!" I felt like I didn't recognize my own voice.

I didn't recognize anything because I couldn't think at all. I was just counting down the seconds. We only had 3 minutes and 34 seconds more until we reach our destination. Counting down the numbers in my head really helped me not think about how fucking fast we were going.

When the car comes to an abrupt halt right in front of an empty parking space next to the club, I felt like I could finally breathe again. I blink as I stare ahead, not sure how the hell we made it here in one piece or without getting pulled over but I was more than grateful that we were here. My friends cheer on Harry again as he eases into the parking space. The other car wasn't anywhere in sight.

I think we won.

My hand slowly lets go of the car door. I wince at how cramped and sore it felt. I drop my phone on my lap, wiping my sweaty palm on my bare leg then massaging my other hand to get rid of the achy feeling. I never wanting to be in a moving vehicle ever again.

"Alright, Lacey?" Harry's voice almost startles me, it was like I was hearing for the first time. I glance at him then back down on my hands. I nod, not able to voice out a quick response.

"Holy shit, lad, we won!" Niall screams as he squeezes Harry's shoulders.

"I think that's them!" Zoey exclaims.

The other car abruptly stops right next to us. The windows in our car weren't rolled down but you can still hear their screams, especially Louis and Liam's.

"Ah, fuck! This is bullshit!" Louis shouts.

"What the fuck!" Liam says. "I swear he was behind my ass the entire time!"

"Well, obviously not, Liam!" Gigi tells him.

"Ricky Bobby, my thick juicy ass!" Beau says with a snort.

Liam drives to the empty parking space behind us. I was the last to get out of the car. My head felt so dizzy, I wasn't sure I was even a person right now. I was starting to feel nauseous but I breathe deeply to gain control of myself. My legs felt like jelly as I stepped out of this dangerous vehicle. I gasp when I almost missed my step but hands were quick to grab me before I collapsed on the curb of the sidewalk.

"You okay?" Harry asks me with a concerned tone.

"I can't feel my legs." My cheeks redden of embarrassment, trying to stand up straight.

"That's not the first time a girl's said that to me," he smoothly says back.

My eyes slightly widen and I seize any movement. Am I dreaming or did my ears really just hear that come out from him?

"Fuck," I hear him mumble under his breath, "that was an awful joke. I didn't-uh, I, uh—"

"Lace? Are you okay?" Zoey asks as she suddenly stands beside us, "you look like you're about to throw up."

"I'm fine." I force a chuckle. "Just need a minute."

"Here," Harry's deep voice rings next to my ear, "sit back."

My body melted into his touch as he led me back onto the passenger's seat. He was careful setting me down, hands lingering on my waist before backing away.

"I demand a rematch!" I hear Liam he'll as he approached everyone else standing in front of the club.

I barely notice the muffled music pouring out of the building. There was a short line waiting to get past the tall security guard in the front door. There was a big pink neon sign above that read, 'Paradise.'

"We won fair and square, mate," Niall tells him with a laugh.

"The wanker cheated, I know it," Louis said, a sour expression on his face.

I didn't realize Harry had been standing next to me this whole time until I heard him talk and step towards the rest of our group.

"I didn't!"

"You went before I said 'go!'"

"I saw that too!" Liam says.

"You guys are such fucking sore losers!" Harry says with a chuckle. "I can't wait to see you both dancing like monkeys for us!"

"Oh, piss off!" Louis says as he flips him off.

"Alright, can we go in now?" Gigi whines.

"Liam, you're buying all of us a drink since you made us lose," Beau tells him.

I sharply inhale when Harry looks back and me and locks eyes. Bella steps in front of me, breaking our eye contact.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I nod and move my legs to stand.

"You ready to dance?" She asks with a squeal.

"Ready." I softly laugh and nod again, feeling calmer than before.

"Let's go!" She exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me along towards the front of the building. I make sure to shut the car door. We all go up to the man in charge of letting people in.

"We're here with Danny," Liam tells him.

The man with the buzz cut and tight black shirt nods before disappearing behind the large black door. We make small talk about the appearance of the building before the man appears again, this time with the guy who gave us the flyer.

"Hey guys," he grins, pearly white teeth on display, "glad you could make it."

He motions for us to enter through the door. We walk through a narrow dark hallway, following the loud sound of a catchy song. The place was crowded with dancing bodies and strobing lights. The bar was set off to one side, facing the large dance floor. The thumping bass vibrated through my body, making me excited to dance with my friends. I immediately felt better than I did before. There was a large pink neon sign above the platform where there was a DJ that said:

There's no place like Paradise.

My friends and I squealed as Danny led us through the sea of bodies and towards the bar, where he ordered a round of shots.

"This one's on the house," he says over the music.

Liam and Harry politely decline while the rest of us raised put shot up in the air. I didn't really drink on a regular basis. I just do it at parties or social gatherings. It wasn't my favorite but sometimes it added to the mood. It made me feel a less tense and more comfortable around the room and lets me have fun with my friends, which is the attitude you need for those damn frat parties.

"You guys look great! Enjoy!" Danny says with a grin before leaving after we thank him for inviting us.

"To Paradise!" Gigi shouts over the music, holding up the shot glass in her hand.

We all clink our glasses and quickly drink it, the taste leaving a sting in my throat. I usually like having a chaser to go with shots so I don't wince as much. We glance over the whole space. The girls and I don't hesitate rushing over to the dance floor when a particular song we all loved came on. The guys decided to go over and grab a table for all of us on the other side of the dance floor.

"Woo!" Beau yells out when we stop towards the middle.

We all grin as the beat of the song enters our bodies and moves for us. I haven't danced with them in public for a while so the feeling was a bit odd. After the song was over, we decide to go over and see what the tables the guys were sitting at were like. We figured that we had all night to dance and it was still early.

"Anyone want a drink?" Louis asks as after the make room around the booth for us to sit.

"Me!" Gigi instantly raises her hand.

"Gigi, cool it," Harry gruffly says, "you're already pretty tipsy."

I had to agree with him in this moment. Some of us, including Gigi, pregamed before heading out the door and on our way to the club. I noticed Gigi had a bit too much when I saw the way she tripped on the flat surface of the floor when we walked in.

"One more drink won't hurt, mother," Gigi tells him with a mocking smile.

I see Harry's jaw clench before he turns away and focuses on the sea of moving bodies. Louis gives them each an awkward smile before heading to the bar with Niall. I sit back and listen to the side conversations going on. The music was pretty loud so I couldn't hear that well. I end up zoning out while glancing at Harry several times. He still had an annoyed facial expression as he was mindlessly looking around the room. Louis and Niall come back with multiple skinny tubes filled with interesting-looking colored liquids.

"Right then," Louis slurs, "Let's do this!"

I reach out and grab a tube filled with a green liquid. I study it briefly before bringing it to my lips and tilting my head back. I almost cough out at how strong it was. It was sweeter than the first shot but it still packed a hell of an aftertaste.

"This shit is no joke!" Niall says with a laugh.

We all take another, except for Harry and Liam. It definitely hit stronger the second time.

"I wanna dance more!" Beau says as he wiggles in her seat. Since I was at the end of the couch, I had to get out first so the rest of the girls can follow. Liam, Niall, and Louis walked with us towards the dance floor.

Maybe it was the fact that I haven't had food in four hours. Maybe it was how high my adrenaline had been since getting in the car. Or maybe it was just my lack of tolerance for alcohol. Whatever it was, I was definitely feeling something. I could feel the alcohol flow in my veins as we all pick a spot and spread out a little. I felt the flush on my cheeks as the music thumped in my ears.

The first and only time I've been blackout drunk was a few years ago after homecoming. After that awful, blur of a night, I only drink a few drinks at a time, never wanting to reach that point again. I tried to avoid another homecoming after party disaster by being the designated driver so no one would ever bother me about drinking. Since then I only ever get to a good state of buzzed.

I think I know this song but I don't care. The rhythm makes me sway my hips side to side and move my legs along with the beat. I could feel the bass in my heartbeat. Alcohol flowed through my body as I twirled and dance stupidly with my friends. I lift my hands up and spin in place, not caring what I looked like. I was actually having fun.

"Yes girl!" Gigi yells, grabbing one of my hands and lifts it up. "Give it to me!"

I laugh and turn as she holds my hand up, moving my hips to the beat. I felt the song in my body and let it control me. I can feel all my problems and stress slip away as the song gets louder and the crowd gets rowdier.

"This is my jam!" Liam shouts as he jumps around and moves his head along to the beat.

I let a bunch of giggles as I look at him and the rest of my friends all dance like they don't care who's watching. I realized that they were all feeling as carefree as I was.

"You're a good dancer!" I hear a voice yell into my ear and soon two hands are placed on my hips.

I flip my hair back to peek at who it was. It was a guy I've never seen before. He had dirty blonde hair and eyes that were dark amongst all the colorful strobe lights. He shows off his perfectly straight teeth as I stare at him. He wasn't too bad to look at. Or maybe he was, I don't really know. My inebriated self clouded my judgement. I smile back and turn around to continue dancing.

I don't pay any more attention to the guy behind me. I just wanted to be with my friends. But I realize that I couldn't really find their faces. Everyone was so spread out now, I almost felt like I was alone. I could see Louis in the far distant and Gigi was in one corner with Maggie. Beau has run off with a cute brunette a little while ago. My face turns into a frown when I feel the guy get closer to me until he's pressed right against my ass.

I don't move away or attempt to push him away. I was just shocked that he was so forward that I froze. Sierra was the only one who noticed his presence from a few feet away. Her jaw dropped when she looked at me and the guy standing behind me. She mouths something to me but I can't figure out what it is.

"Okay, whoa," I shout out as soon as I feel his hands on top of my thighs, moving dangerously high. He presses me even closer to him and doesn't let me move away. I react quickly and pry his hands off of me, turning around to face him. Sierra is by my side by the time I speak directly to the creep for the first time.

"Not cool, dude."

"Sorry, sweetcheeks, but I can't resist," he slurs, winking and getting close to me, pulling me against his front now. I feel icky and uncomfortable.

"Excuse me, sir, but fuck off," I say, trying to push him off.

"Ew," Sierra says, trying to get him to let me go, "back the fuck off."

"C'mon, move that sexy little ass of yours again," he slurs as he runs his hands all over my backside. "Both of you."

"Stop," I yell out, gritting my teeth and use all my force to push him off.

"Have we got a problem here, mate?" A deep voice is heard behind the blonde stranger. The hand of the voice is placed on the blonde's shoulder. My eyes trail up to see the face I wasn't expecting: Harry's.

Harry forces the guy to face him and meets with his hard glare, completely removing him from me. Sierra places her hands on my back as we can practically hear the panic wash over the blonde guy.

"No," he sputters out. "No problem at all."

"Good. Get the fuck outta here."

The blonde guy wastes no time and leaves, disappearing into the dancing crowd. I feel like I'm out of breath when I look up at Harry. He looks tense but his eyes soften just a bit when he looks back at me. My mouth suddenly feels dry.

"I have to pee," I blurt out and quickly rush off to get out of the crowd.

I think I'm going in the right direction but I don't really care. I just need to get out of there. I finally feel like I can breath again when I reach a long, empty hallway, following the sign of the women's restroom. I brush shoulders with another girl when I hold the door open for her.

"Oh, my god, I love your skirt!" She smiles at me.

"Thanks, I love you!" I smile back, wanting to cry. She laughs and squeezes my shoulder before heading the opposite way that I was going.

I haven't had a moment to process what just happened until I was sitting on the toilet. I felt so disgusted by that guy's actions. I wanted to punch his nose. I was so grateful Harry came in when he did or else I'm not sure how I would've gotten him away. I felt bad just fleeing on Harry like I did but I didn't know what else to do.

Being violated by a creep and using the bathroom definitely sobered me up. I open my eyes wide and see that they're not as dilated as I thought they'd be. I was no longer feeling all that dizzy or sweaty. I wipe the tiny mascara flakes underneath my eyes before taking a final look at my reflection.

With a push, the bathroom door swings opens and the volume of the music increases. I pull my skirt down and almost trip on my shoes as I start walking towards the sound of the chaos. I sharply exhale when eyes I'm all too familiar with lock with mine. Harry pushes himself off the wall he was leaning against towards the middle of the hall and starts making his way towards me. I stood still, confused as ever as to why he followed me here.

I believe I'm dreaming when he continues to get closer and closer. His left arm reaches out and softly meets with my left hip. It felt like my skin was being heated underneath his touch. He keeps his head down as his eyes stays glued with mine as the rest of his body slowly comes closer, just nearly grazing me. I nervously swallow, my hands staying still by my sides, not being able to keep my eyes away from him. I could feel the warmth of his body radiating onto mine. His face was dangerously close to mine.

"Are you alright?" He asks, a genuinely concerned tone in his words.

All I could do was nod. I don't even think I knew how to speak in this moment. All I could think about was how his body felt inches away from mine and how pink the color of his lips were.

"Are you sure?" His raspy voice speaks again. His jaw clenches. "That fucking tosser didn't hurt you, right?"

I let out a shaky laugh at how crazy this whole night had been. I would have never thought I'd end up in this hallway with Harry.

"He didn't." I shake my head, gulping nervously when Harry's hard glare remains in his face.

"Good because if he did, I would have—"

His words were cut off by someone accidentally bumping into him, causing him to land forcefully on me. I was pushed against the wall. Instead of just one of his hands on one of my hips, both were now fully wrapped around my waist. My hands instinctively hold his arms, feeling defined muscles underneath. My breath was caught in my throat when I felt his whole body pressed right against mine.

"I'm so sorry, man!" The guy says, seemingly not sober and having the time of his life. There was a large wet stain in the middle of his blue collared shirt, like he just spilled a whole drink on him. But it seemed like he didn't even notice it.

"Watch where you're going," Harry practically growls at him.

He didn't even flinch underneath the harsh stare Harry gave him. His eyes trail on towards me and then the corner of his mouth perks up.

"Well, I'm not that sorry," he says with a chuckle, "got you wrapped around a beautiful girl."

My cheeks have never felt so much warmer than now. Harry is still staring daggers at him, about to to shout something back but the guy cuts him off.

"You're welcome!" He shouts, loudly laughing before going into the men's bathroom.

Harry lets out a loud huff as he continues to look at the direction where the guy responsible for getting Harry and I super close was.

"Fucking idiot," he grumbles.

Harry's neck practically snaps when I can't hold back my laughter. I cover my mouth with one hand as I look down from him, not wanting to make Harry think I was making fun of him or anything. I just couldn't believe what happened. This night couldn't possibly get any crazier.

It's my neck's turn to almost snap when I hear deep chuckles and feel a low rumble against me. He was grinning as he looked down at me which made my smile even wider than it was. Seeing and hearing Harry laugh was so magical. I didn't know how to explain it. It's refreshing to see him, someone who carries so much confidence and mystery, to not be able to stop laughing. I wanted to make him laugh forever.

Our laughter slowly seizes together. I blink up at him. We haven't broken off eye contact in what seems like a really long time. He was still wrapped around just like I was also still holding onto him.

I didn't care for anything else other than this moment. It was the first time since meeting him that I actually looked at all his features up close. The long length of his eyelashes that were around his beautiful pale green eyes, now darker than they usually are. The smooth skin on his face that looked so soft to the touch.

My stomach flips when I see his eyes glance down at my lips for a second too long. My heart was beating so fast and so loudly, you could mistake it for the bass of whatever song was playing out in the large, crowded room. My eyes shift down to his lips. They looked so plump and inviting. I don't know how I didn't melt into a puddle when I saw they were slowly coming closer to mine.

Was this actually happening? I thought. Were we really about to kiss?

Nothing else but Harry was on my mind. Not the people on the dance floor, not the security out front, not the dumb car race we were in earlier, and especially not Gigi. Nothing could stop me from letting this happen. I didn't realize how much I truly wanted this until now. I was relieved that Harry wanted it to happen just as much as I did. You think I would know better and not go through with this. But every rational thought in my head was overshadowed by my body screaming at his magnetic self.

I didn't even realize his hands were gently holding both of my cheeks. His thumbs softly caress my skin as his eyes are fixated on my lips then on my eyes. He was so close, I could feel his breath on me. I was more intoxicated by him than the few drinks I had tonight but I didn't mind. His eyes flutter closed before inhaling. His forehead was gently placed on the top of mine, his chest moving up and down.

"We should go," he breathes out.

His words didn't even register to me until I felt the cool air on my skin again. He stepped backwards, giving me a final look. There was something his eyes were telling me that his lips weren't.

I watch in confusion as he walks from me and out of the long hallway. I catch my breath as I look down at my body. Harry was no longer pressed against it. He left me leaning against this wall wanting more. I feel my hands slowly turn into fists. I've never been so confused in my life.

Why did he just walk away?

"Hey!" My head snaps to the voice of the guy with the stained shirt. "How'd it go with your man, huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me as he walks from the bathroom door and towards me.

I roll my eyes and push myself off the wall, walking away as fast as I could. The stranger's words wouldn't make me as mad as I was right now if I wasn't so confused and hurt by Harry's actions, or lack of.

It was like people could feel how I was feeling as I walked past them because they was getting out of my way. It was like I was carrying a big red sign on my head that said, 'don't fuck with me right now.' I wasn't in the mood to calm down or even think about what was working me up so much. I just knew I didn't want to see or talk to Harry right now. He left me a boiling mess back there.

I bite back a nasty comment when a guy doesn't see me bumps into me.

"Oh, shit, sorry!" I recognize him and his voice. It's Danny. "Oh, hey," he says, recognizing me as well, "Sorry, I wasn't looking."

"It's fine."

I didn't want to make eye contact with him but I had to because the only person I didn't want to see was in my direct eye-line. Harry was turned away across the room so he wasn't able to see the daggers I was throwing at him with my eyes.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Fine."

"Are you sure?" Danny says, almost hesitating. "I can see steam coming out of your ears." I part my lips, surprised by his comment. "And I'm pretty sure your palms are able to bleed."

I look at him with furrowed brows before looking down at my hands. My face softens when I see that they're balled up into tight fists. I was even more surprised I didn't realize. I wince slightly when I see small red half-moon marks from my nails on the middle of my palms. He was right.

"Let's go get you some ice."

I was led behind the bar. Danny motions for me to sit on a foot stool right behind the counter, hidden away from everyone. In this position, the music wasn't as loud and the lighting wasn't as dark. He leaves for a minute before coming back with a handful of ice wrapped around a white cloth.

"May I?" He asks, now crouched down to my level.

I nod, holding out my hands. He takes the right one and keeps it open as he places the cloth on my palm. The chilly touch of it was relieving the slight pain as well as cooling my anger down.

"Who's got you all worked up? Don't tell me it's a guy."

I sheepishly shrug, fighting a smile, not being able to deny the fact.

"Aw, come on," he says shaking his head, a small chuckle emits from his mouth, "well, on behalf of us idiots, we're sorry."

"Thanks." I don't hold back a smile this time.

He takes my other hand and put the cloth on this one now. The marks weren't bad, they just stung a lot. I guess I didn't feel the pain I inflicted on myself because I was on an adrenaline rush and was too mad. Danny was doing something so nice and that made me feel a lot better.

"Is this guy your boyfriend?"

"No. He's—" I stop myself, not knowing what to describe him as. I shake my head, looking down at my hands.

A friend, a roommate, my best friend's brother?

"Just some guy," I end up saying. "I don't even know why he made me so mad. It all happened so fast."

He alternates the ice on both my hands, looking at me as he talks. "Does he know you're mad at him?"

"I don't think so."

Harry had walked away from me so fast, I doubt he knew how I reacted.

"Well, I'm sure he deserved it," he tells me with a smile.

"Thanks for doing this, by the way." I smile at him back. "If it wasn't for you, I would've gone and punched his face."

I definitely wouldn't have. It's just the alcohol and anger talking.

"Go on, girl, it's not too late!" He laughs.

I laugh with him. This has been one of the weirdest days of my life. How did I end up venting to the owner of the club I was in right now as he ices my palms?

"Are you naturally this much of an angel?" I say. "You're so nice."

"I don't want people upset in my club, you're supposed to be having fun," he chuckles, "especially gorgeous girls like you."

I can't help the blush on my face as I awkwardly laugh and wave his comment off. I had the sudden urge to run out into the street.

"I should go back to my friends," I say. The ice was starting to melt and seep into the cloth. He nods, taking the cloth off. We both stand. Realization hit me that I was still in this club and my friends were somewhere in here. And I just almost kissed Harry.

"I'm Danny, by the way."

"I know." I give him one last smile before I walk pass him and around the bar, back to where everyone else was still dancing to the music.

"Wait, what's your name?" I hear Danny shout out. I look back at him and walk closer to the counter of the bar, the wide thing that was separating us.

"Lacey."

"Will I see you again?" The look of his eyes was something I recognized was hopeful.

"Maybe," I simply say, even though I know I probably will knowing that my friends are going to want to come back since we've been here for less than two hours. I return a smile before turning around. Danny wasn't bad to look at and he was really helpful and nice to me. But my brain couldn't stop thinking about Harry.

As soon as I turn around, a pair of piercing green eyes meet mine. Even under the dark light, I could tell they belonged to Harry. It was hard not to recognize someone like him.

I stay in place as he continues to look my way. All the feelings he brought in me from earlier come back to me. The good and the bad. I know I overreacted. I didn't need to get so worked up about it. I needed to get out of this environment if I wanted to clear my head. I see him momentarily turn around. Then I see Gigi's head pop up and rush towards me.

It was a good thing that Harry and I didn't kiss..

"There you are!" She almost trips forward when she reaches me. She grabs my arms as she stumbles backwards.

"Hey," I say with a chuckle.

"We're going now," she says with a frown that makes her look like a large child. "Harry wants to go, blah blah."

I nod, my peripheral vision catching my friend's faces. They all reach me and start to go on and on about their dancing and drinking adventures in this club that I missed. I help Gigi as we walk towards the exit. I look back over my shoulder where I last saw Danny. He's already looking at me and waves back when I give him a small one.

Dealing with Gigi while she was drunk was one thing but dealing with, like, nine other people while they were drunk was another. Everyone except Liam, Zayn, Maggie, and Harry was stumbling around and laughing as we reach the cars outside of the club.

"Everyone throw up here now if you have to!" Maggie tells everyone. "It's not a short ride back home and I will kick all your asses if I have to deal with vomit in the car."

"Stop talking about vomit," Bella groans.

"I kissed a boy tonight!" Beau snickers.

"Was it that cute blonde?!" Sierra asks with a grin.

"Nope!"

"You dirty slut!" She jokingly tells him.

I had a tough time trying to get Gigi into the car even with the help of Liam. Her hands kept flying out and accidentally hitting us and her body was so flimsy.

"How much did she have?" I ask Liam.

"Not sure. I was too busy getting my boogie on."

We finally get her seated in the backseat where the others who rode in Liam's car already were. I was about to step away to close the door but Gigi pulls me back rather harshly.

"No," she whines, "don't leave me, Lacey."

"It's just for a few minutes, G," I tell her as I try to get away from her hold.

"Boo!" She starts shouting. "Why do you hate me?!"

"Gigi! Shh, I don't hate you."

"Yes, you do," she stumbles on her words, "or else you would stay with me."

I sigh, looking over at Liam, who was already sitting on the driver's seat. I look over to the car I rode in and see that everyone in there has already settled in.

"You stay here," Louis tells me, "I go." He unbuckles his seatbelt before I oppose, struggling to take it off.

"Okay, thanks." I look over at Gigi who's still having a hard time staying still. "Gigi, I'm staying with you."

"Yay!" She says a little bit too loudly.

"Let me just grab my bag from the other car, okay? I'll be right back."

"Hurry, Lacey-poo!"

"Yeah, Lacey-poo," Liam snickers.

I flip him off as I pass him on my way to the other car. I rush over to Louis who was trying to get on the curb but kept stumbling. I make sure I have a tight hold on him as I help him to the car. I manage to open the door of the passenger's seat, ignoring Harry's lingering stare and get Louis settled in.

"You aren't riding with me?" I hear Harry softly ask me.

"No," I respond, only glancing at him once, "Gigi wants me to be with her."

It sucked that I was explaining myself to him when he wasn't doing the same. I wanted him to explain why he was so close to kissing me but then basically ran away before it happened.

An obnoxious thought of mine pooped in my head: he stopped himself because he realized he was about to make a mistake.

"Oh," is all he says.

I grab Louis' legs and move them inside the car. The movement somehow caused his upper half of his body to sling downwards and to the the side, almost making it to the concrete but I was quick to stop that from happening. My arms were around him as I held him against me as I moved him correctly onto the seat.

"You smell devine!" Louis says to me, making me chuckle.

I am able to put the seatbelt on him and let out a sigh when step back and see Louis lazily smiling with his eyes half-opened. I bend over and grab my bag from underneath his seat.

"Whoa, Lace!" Louis exclaims with his hands in the air. "At least buy me dinner first!"

"Woohoo!" Niall exclaims from the backseat.

"Funny." I say, holding back a laugh. I turn around and step back onto the curb and place my hands to close the car door. I glance at Harry, who is now looking at the steering wheel with both hands gripping it.

The ride back home was not fun. Gigi and everyone else had spent the first 15 minutes babbling about how great the music was and singing the songs they played. The next 6 minutes were spent with Gigi almost on top of me, snoring away. When we pulled into the driveway, I couldn't be more relieved to be here.

"Take her," I told Liam as soon as he opened the door of the backseat.

He chuckles at Gigi, who was passed out on my shoulder. He manages to carry her with his arms under her neck and back of her knees. I help Adam and Bella who were both stumbling towards the door.

Everyone piles inside and goes their separate ways. Some decide to keep the party going in the kitchen and munch on a bunch of leftovers while the rest, including me, go up to their bed and call it a night. I enter the empty room, and turn on the lamp next to the bed. I had no idea how I was going to sleep in the same room as Harry after tonight. I'm seriously considering sleeping on the couch. I let out a sigh as I take my shoes off, my feet feeling so much better. I don't pay too much mind to where I fling them.

I get startled when the door slams shut, the loud sound of it hitting my ears and spiking up my heart rate. I quickly turn around and see Harry taking large strides towards me, determination written all over his face. I couldn't wrap my mind around what exactly was going on because he was quick to grab me by the waist and pull me close. My eyes widen when he smashes his lips with mine. I was practically frozen in place. I heard my heart in my ears.

Was this actually happening?

My eyes slowly fluttered shut. His lips never removed themselves from mine as I felt my whole body melt into his when the grip of his hands tighten, like he was trying to get me to react. And it worked.

My hands crawled up to his cheeks on their own and I kissed him back. It quickly got more heated and passionate. I steadied myself by placing my hands on his sturdy chest as he deepened the kiss. He invited his tongue in but I wasn't complaining. His tongue was a brilliant contrast between soft and rough, gentle but forceful. A small moan escapes from my throat and I could feel him smirk. I bring my hands up to his hair and lightly tug at the roots. Now he's the one moaning. And I can't help but to smirk.

We're still roughly kissing as he smoothly turns me around and walks me backwards to a flat surface, most likely the wall. I honestly just let him move me. I could barely think and hold myself up at this point. I let my hands slide down on his chest while his roamed around my outer thighs. I feel his strong chest underneath my fingertips. A groan escapes his throat and pulls me even closer, kissing me more roughly. His kisses go down to my jawline, right underneath my ear and I almost lose it.

His mouth stops right next to my ear, both of us catching our breath. I feel like I was in a very vivid dream. My lips are numb and my head is dizzy.

"I should've done that earlier," he breathes out, eyes rapidly moving between mine.

My hands land on the back of his neck without thinking. I wanted to look at his face because I couldn't believe what he just said. I glanced down at his rosy lips before trailing up to his eyes. They were a dark forest green color as they looked at me.

If I wake up any second now, I'm going to be pissed.

"What?" Was all that could come out of my mouth. I can feel his hands wrapped around my waist, making me lose focus.

"I should've kissed you earlier," he repeats in the slow, deep voice of his, "earlier tonight but also earlier as in the day I met you."

I felt all the air in my lungs leave as I stare back at him. My cheeks matched the color of his lips. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest. I suddenly felt like fainting.

Did those perfect words just leave his perfect lips?

"But you know," he licks his lips then smirks, "that would've been too forward. Didn't want to scare you away."

I just stare at him, not believing this is real, trying to catch my breath. Him, the kiss, this moment, any of it. The whole night flashes in my mind. Him walking on me while I was half-naked, the museum, getting ready, the shots and the dancing, the almost kiss.. I couldn't believe this is how the night was ending.

"I feel like a total arse," his voice brings me back, "I should have asked you if I could kiss you—"

Before I know it, my hands pull the back of his neck while I stand on my tippy toes. I catch him off guard when my lips meet his for the second time tonight. He reacts quick and kisses back just as passionately as he did the first time.

We can't go back from this. What's done is done. I'm positive Gigi wouldn't be happy with either of us if she ever found out about this. I felt guilty just by the fact that I imagined this before it even happened.

How could something that was wrong feel so right?

I pull back, needing to say something before I swallow him whole. He looks at me, lips plump and red, matching the tint of his nose, not moving or speaking. It was like he was waiting for me to do something.

"Better late than never," I say with a small smile and more blush creeps to my cheeks.

He chuckles, smiling wide enough for his dimples to show up. Everything about his was mesmerizing look-wise and now I know that his kisses are too. I see his eyes look down at my lips before moving his head closer to mine.

A loud knock on the door startles us both.

"Lacey?!" It was Gigi.

We react quick and pull away from each other. Harry moves away from me at the same time as the door clicks opens, the sound of struggle coming from the other side. He was able to move behind the door just when Gigi stumbles in. I quickly move right in front of her. I know that if she strolled in without knocking we wouldn't have enough time to move away from each other.

I guess Harry was on the same page with me on not wanting anyone, especially Gigi, to know about this little intimate moment of ours.

"What's up, Gigi," my words come out fast as I anxiously glance behind the door and at Gigi. She balances herself on the doorframe, her eyes looking heavy. I assumed Liam took her to her bed because she was passed out but I guess she just woke up.

"My head hurts," she says with a frown.

I breathe out, knowing this long night was about to get longer. "Okay, let's go get Advil or something," I tell her as I help her walk out of the room.

I take one final look behind me as I step out into the hallway and see Harry emerge from behind the door. My stomach flips at the smirk he was giving me before sending me a wink. I can't help but smile, still feeling his lips on mine.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

848K 22.4K 102
Carrington is a normal girl who just graduated from university, has a passion for dancing and, well, eating. Harry is a normal guy who always though...
115K 4.5K 31
*Includes Mature Content* Harry Styles: the founder and CEO of one of the fastest-growing American record labels and recording companies in the world...
90.3K 2.5K 62
It's 1977. Harry is the town's trouble maker with a natural charm. Marley is the outspoken girl that refuses to fall for it. After an unexpected frie...
2.3K 816 19
Antonio and Irish have been best friends since they were a child. Antonio: It's been a month and right now I always waiting her if she'll coming back...