Lestrade Academy

By LeahKillem

Lestrade Academy consists of two parts with a high fence in between that seperates girls from boys. Each part... More

1. News
2. Last Week
3. Lestrade High
4. Distraction
5. Bruises
6. One More Day
7. Another Strange Event
8. Hospital
9. Unbruised
10. Mpuah
11. Cling
12. Possessive
13. Lovebirds
14. Family
15. Realization
16. Daters
17. STHAL
18. Talks
19. Sabrina
20. Lucid
21. Troubles
22. Reunion
23. What They Told Sabrina
24. Moderny
25. Paradise
26. Unexpected
27. Mess
28. Wanted
29. Unlocked
30. I Love You
31. Numby
32.Cleared
33. Upcoming
34. Storm
35.Unravel
36. Hidden
38. NewsMan
39. End of Some
40. End of All
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!!!

37. Lost 'n Gone

32 4 0
By LeahKillem

Chapter 37 :

Lost 'n Gone

|

|

Thoughts about Thella have been lingering in my mind forever. My imagination just went wild while imagining it. I've imagined Thella with blue grass, red grass, black sky, orange sky, two Silvas in each city, thousand Silvas in each house and so on. The list was terribly long and I doubted any of them appeared true.

The book that the principals have found was everything we needed: red cover, pictures iniside and in English! It was straightforwardly labeled by 'Getting back to Thella, Stir Couple, the ancient necklace of Roo and Escorts'. We really should start seeing things that are a little closer to us than hidden on a bookshelf named in Latin.

"Have you read it yet?" I asked Mr. Rockets who held a book. I sat down on an old, leather chair that was supposed to be a possesion of infamous Lestrade.

Mr. Rockets sat down on one of the chairs that they brought in from the training hall last night. To be honest, the sleepless night was slapped on both of their faces with their hair a mess and blue bags under eyes.

"Some of it," he replied, "It sure is a big book."

He was right, the book was bigger that two of my school books put together and let me tell you, my school books were huge.

"And what does it say?" Nick asked, pulling his chair closer to mine and sitting on it vice versa, his legs spreading around the back of the chair as his elbows leaned down on it.

"I've found out some of the most important things," he said, hugging the book closer to his body as if his life depended on it, "There's an adress to that portal in the forest. Although, a strange one. 'Behind the tree as old as me and in the middle of trees as young as leaves there's a hole where a fat rabbit hides, he sure is the old in his kind. Birds fly and sing the melodies unknown, but if you listen they'll tell you the story untold. Little flowers have four leaves and the luck they give is impossible to repeat. The cave leads behind my elder tree and it brings to a safety of Thella within'," Mr. Rockets read out from the book.

I lifted my eyebrows, "If we didn't know where it was, there'd be no way of us understanding any of it. What else?"

"There's a spell in Latin. The escorts have to take in their hands the necklace of Roo which was sent from Thella to you. It's a key. Your Escorts will repeat the spell a few times and the necklace will slowly dissapear and the bright light will appear."

"What next?" I asked, "Any guarantees or safety jackets to keep us alive?"

He shook his head, "If done right, you'll find yourself in Thella the next second."

"And if done wrong?"

"It won't," Nick said from next to me, his eyes alone comforting me in the way no one ever could, "Don't worry, we'll get through this."

I nodded, "But it's Terry we're talking about. What if she'll mess up?"

"I'll be following the lines," said Mr. Rockets, "If she messes up, we won't let you enter the portal and will make her repeat."

I sighed, closing my eyes for a brief second to ready myself for the answer of the question that I was just about to ask, "When will we do this?"

He glanced down at the book before looking back at me, "Due to the fact that we have everything we need, it can be done anytime. The sooner, the better, but we're not pushing on you. I'd prefer tomorrow, if you feel ready."

"How can you be ready for such?"

Nick's hand was immediately on my shoulder and his warmth all over me as he spoke, "I'm ready when you're ready."

I chuckled, "It'd rather be vice versa, since I'll never be ready."

"Tomorrow?"

I sighed, "Yea, tomorrow."

"Now we should probably inform Ms. Blocks and Mr. Withman about our plan. While we're doing it, you can go to your room and bring the necklace," he told me.

I nodded, motioning for Nick to follow, but he was already standing up. We left the school and moved to the left to enter the girls' side. Before we made that small way from one building to another, all the twenty of my fingers and toes were frozen off. The surface of snow on the ground was thin, yet it covered almost all of it. As soon as we were inside, goosebumps appeared om every inch of my body, protesting the sudden change in temperature. I led Nick up the empty stairs and to the empty hall, entering my empty room.

"So this is your room?" he said more to himself than me, looking around.

"Yes, sir," I replied with a mocking admiration.

"It's different from mine."

"How?"

He shrugged before answering, "It looks the same, but feels weird."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, maybe it's the smell of one of the amazing perfumes that you choose."

I smiled, "Maybe."

Suddenly, the distance between us closed and my arms were on his neck out of nowhere and his were on my waist, pulling me closer.

"We've come to take a necklace of Roo," I said with a smile, looking in his beautiful eyes.

He smirked at me, his eyes never leaving mine except for a second to glance at my lips while he was biting his, "That can wait."

Laughing, I was pulled into a kiss. His lips crashed against mine with unimaginable gentleness, his scent overfilling me. He was about to lick my lips and I was about to open my mouth when I decided that we'd do that later. And as hard as it was to pull out, I did, my arms staying on his shoulders as I spoke, "Let's get the necklace first."

He gave my lips a small, short peck before completely letting me go, "Where is it?" he asked.

"I put it on my shelf after we were back from the portal," I answered, going to the shelf that I put it on. I furrowed my eyebrows when I notoced that the only thing on the shelf were books and my bracelets. I moved to the second shelf that was benath that one, but it wasn't there. Panicking a little, I looked around the room, but the necklace was nowhere to be seen.

Nick shot me a worrying look, "Where is it?"

"I could leave it in a bag," I muttered, running to my bag and turning it upside down. I searched through the thing that were on the floor, but found nothing like an ancient necklace from another world. "Where could I put it?" I said in desperate.

Nick kneed down next to me, looking at all the stuff on the floor, "Maybe put in a pocket."

I nodded and, ignoring the fact that I knew I haven't put it in any of my pockets, started searching. I searched the clothes I had on, my coats, jackets and basically, all the stuff in my wardrobe. We were left with nothing.

I sighed, sitting down on the edge of my bed, "I can swear I put it on the shelf."

"Let's go," Nick said, "We'll tell it to Mr. R and Mrs. Shoo."

I wanted to protest with the reason that they'd kill me, but the necklace was freaking lost.

***

Mrs. Shoo and Mr. Rockets were walking back and forth in front of Nick and I, one of their hands into fists and pressed to their lips. Both of them looked deep in thought and all I hoped was for them to understand where the hell it could go.

"Maybe it went back to Thella?" I offered, "Disappeared."

Their shook their heads and Mrs. Shoo answered, "They can't take something from here, like we can't bring anyone from there."

I sighed, "Than I have no ideas."

Mr. Rockets nodded, sitting down, "Matthew. That... Boy stole it."

My eyes widen in realization at how realistic this was. But it also meant that we wouldn't be getting it back anytime soon. He was in my room that night, took the necklace and ran away like a scared rat he was.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"I'll go for him."

"You what?" all the three of us shouted at Mr. Rockets, "Are you crazy?" Mrs. Shoo added, "I am sorry, but you have to be out of mind! He is able to kill! And besides, we have no idea of where he might be."

"I'll find him," he said shortly, his voice as steady as a rock and his eyes as fierce as an orb.

"Alone?" Mrs. Shoo asked, worried.

He nodded, "Alone. I will find him and the least I'll do is get the necklace back."

Mrs. Shoo sighed, "Get yourself back."

"How are you going to find him, Mr. Rockets?" I asked, "He'd make sure he hided well."

He shook his head, "Don't worry about that one. No one is able to hide good enough if is still walking the back of Earth."

"What's his power?" I asked.

"Weather," Mrs. Shoo replied.

"I'll be able to fight weather with Telekinesis," he added.

Sure, he would. Throw a rock at him and let the fun begin, right? He made it seem easy, but we all knew it wasn't.

"Sure," said Nick, all of a sudden, "You make it seem believable. Just another good choice of words, right? But it's not buying milk, you might get yourself killed!"

The anger that almost unnoticably sipped off of Nick's voice and expression was unfamiliar to me, and it made me feel extremely at unease. He was usually the calm one. Now that I think about it, I've never really seen him pissed. The only times were him beating people for me, like the clinger (rest in peace only after you get what you deserve) and Matthew. I was used to having him so calm that him almost-snappy tone made me feel unrecognizable of him.

"I know what I'm doing, young boy!" Mr. Rockets snapped, his eyes wide, as if surprised that Nick dared to talk to him in a tone like such. We're in one boat, Mr. Rockets! "You're not the one to teach me what to do!" he added, his chest puffing out as if he was a Lion King.

I carefully took a step towards him, afraid to anger him worse, "We're just worried about you, Mr. Rockets, that's it."

"I can easily stand for myself," he said, now a little lighter as if reacting to my calm, "That is not for you to decide what I'm gonna do."

Watched teenage movies, huh, Mr. Rockets? Then I remembered he didn't need to watch anything in order to see the demeanor of today's youngs, since he was the principal of the school.

"Someone has to do it," he suddenly added, "Mrs. Shoo and I now probably have a lot to talk about. You can leave now."

I stared at him, blinking. Did he just shove us out?

"Um," I mumbled, needing to gulp a ball in my throat to continue, "Okay."

Nick and I left the secret study, then the secret hall and then the infamous study, going down the hallways of empty school. It was so creepy to walk the empty corridors of the school when everyone was on a winter break.

"Let's do some research," Nick said, all of a sudden, surprising me.

"What?" I asked, my expression puzzled.

"We should research some in the library."

I scowled at him, my eyebrows twitching in a laughing manner, "You're a bookworm, you know it?"

He shrugged, keeping his head down. Soon enough, I saw his eyes lift and his lips form a sudden smirk, "But you like it in me."

I shrugged back in a teasing manner, "I don't know, maybe I like bookworms in major."

His smirk grew as he reached his arm to wrap it arouns my shoulders and pull me closer to him, "You just like me."

I laughed, "No, stupid. Not even near. I am in love with you. Quite deeply, to be honest."

He kissed my temple, "I am in love with you, too. Just as deeply as you, if not deeper."

"That's not possible."

"Then we're 6 feet under deep in love with each other."

"That was a creepy joke."

"Whatever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 182 38
Adjective: unbeknownst To exist without the knowledge of (someone) _________________________________________________________________________________...
9.9K 858 49
They are the group no one dares to mess with, with a school that stands behind them. She is the girl who opposes them, and the girl who might just lo...
11.7K 390 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
254 12 28
A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys on campus. However even though this is t...