Princess Thief [✔]

xxsoteria tarafından

A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of a... Daha Fazla

Writers's Note
Gallery
Prologue
01. At Present Time
02. Magic of Disguise
03. Fedor Manor
04. Little Damsel
05. An Invitation Sent to Ace
06. Willow
07. The Gem and the Stone
08. Twilight Party
09. Reichen
10. The Second Day
12. Haunted Past
13. A Visit from Carrion
14. The Royal Family of Ezriel
15. A Price To Pay
16. The Oubliette
17. White Bandits
18. The Encounter at Mt. Grisly
19. Never Ending Confusion
20. The Amica
21. Verdari, The Magic of Barrier
22. The Siblings
23. The Selection
24. Enchantment
25. The Princess and The Knights
26. Welcome to Deliora
27. Reid
28. The King and His Brides
29. Silverious
30. The Crusaders
31. Carline
32. Hypocrisy
33. A Liar
34. The Mark of Deliora
35. Renounce
36. The Goddess, The Fallen God, and The True God
37. Lost Treasures
38. Reichen's Earring
39. His Identity
40. Resonance
41. Sun Month
42. The Goddess Temple
43. Linosas Kingdom of the Far East
44. Arvory Manor
45. Willow's Party
46. A Reaper
47. The Real Monster
48. The Last Treasure
49. Xenon
50. The Magic of Ace
51. The Dead Prince
52. Selfishness
53. Choices
54. The Fallen God's Curse
55. The Goddess' Blessings
Epilogue
Ending Note
Side Story: Cannaria
Side Story: Night
Side Story: Erodessa

11. The Brazen Knight

1K 159 67
xxsoteria tarafından

HARPA DAY OF FRIGG

After a whole day of searching, I did not catch any glimpse of that guy again. It was already the third day and I could hear the bustling of servants from inside my chamber. They were probably busy with the Coronation Ceremony held later this day.

The maidservants entered the room and brought my breakfast. For today, there were no required activities so I was planning to go out again. I took a bath and when I went back, the maidservants were already packing my belongings. 

There would still be a dinner party after the coronation but the guests were allowed to stay the night or to go home. Father asserted on the latter and we had no choice but to tag after him. The distance between our kingdom wasn't that far but it wasn't near either. It would take a few hours unless we didn't stop for rest and we could arrive by midnight then.

I put on a simple walking dress and just let my hair down. I already asked the maidservants to throw away the old dresses since I would have no use for them anymore.

Gerald was in charge of my clothing and he would be surprised to see the several pieces of attires I had. In that case, I could only ask Willow that I would use her name instead of Cindra to not arouse suspicions. 

Luckily, she had ordered a servant to send me a message last night. We scheduled to meet today since she was very busy yesterday while I was raking around for that man.

I'll definitely see him later. I convinced myself and prepared to go out.

***

Per usual, I had the same group of people with me today, the maidservants and Xenon. I saw Willow in the palace courtyard and she was with other girls. Our eyes met and she appeared like she was excusing herself from the crowd.

"You didn't need to leave them," I said and locked our arms as we walked.

"It's fine, I don't like them anyway. So where did you go yesterday? I saw Duchess Pheles and you were not with her. Did you make any friends?"

I did meet other ladies and men since it was easier to approach others outside the party because there were not that many rules. Although, they could not talk for long because of Xenon's figure lurking behind me.

"Just acquaintances. How about you?"

"I was dying of boredom but I can't do anything because of Mother. Oh!"

She abruptly stopped then came close and whispered, "Did you know that the evil sister of yours with such mouthful name got her own bitter medicine?"

Willow must be referring to Erodessa. She pulled back and we kept on strolling.

"What happened?" I probed, partially curious.

Erodessa could have her own way with anyone and it was not every day someone could match her.

"She picked on one of the ladies like the bitch she was, turned out the lady was the cousin of Princess Carrion. What's more, she was also the only niece of Princess Deliora's husband." Willow portrayed the corresponding events in detail with matching actions.

All I could think was my sister was not really using her brain. How could she forget that the only titled lords and ladies invited were the ducal families? Most of the time, ducal families were related to the royals, the reason why they had such high titles.

"Then?"

"Of course, she had no choice but to leave and stay in her chamber for the rest of the day."

So that was why she was not there at dinner yesterday. I didn't pay it much heed but I was not aware she actually offended someone. Perchance I guessed I should be thankful since maybe because of her, I was not called by Father even if I went wandering around the whole day.

"But not before Princess Carrion humiliated her in such a sophisticated manner. I swore I never saw such one-sided savagery with just words. I would have applauded if not for the seriousness of the atmosphere," said Willow, chuckling to herself.

She kept telling me stories and I didn't know that much could happen in a day. Yet, I was wasting my time scouring for a person that had been piquing my curiosity.

The sun had been high-up and we took a shade in the palace courtyard. It was near the Knight's Circle. Except, it seemed like we were not the only ones as there were other ladies too.

There was no rule that women were forbidden to be even near such a violent place where the knights train but it was considered inappropriate during broad daylight. I honestly winced when I heard the women shrilled voices. I focused my eyes on where they were looking at.

Ah. No wonder. It was Crown Prince Lander Carrion. He was sparring with other knights. It was apparently a three versus one battle but he handled it pretty well.

Amidst the dark-colored hair knights facing their backs on us, there was a single blonde. He was also wearing a white uniform. It must be him!

"Carline?"

"Princess!"

I ran in the spur of the moment and approach the guy before Xenon could stop me. I pulled him back which caused the other knights to turn to me.

"Princess?"

It was really him. A victory smile was plastered on my lips. Found you.

He was grinning too and that perturbed me in an instant.

"What?" I asked.

He leaned closer and spoke, "I didn't know you are this bold, Princess."

I just realized how I was holding his arm. It was a physical touch that was inappropriate between men and women in public. To be more concise, everything was inappropriate when a man and a woman with no familial relations were to touch in public even how fleeting it was.

Suddenly, I heard the unsheathing of the sword and it was pointed at this guy's neck.

"Keep your filthy hands off the princess!" Xenon demanded, his gaze not leaving the guy.

"But she was the one holding me." He raised his arm. "See?"

I let go instantaneously and felt that even the sparring stopped and all attention was on us.

"Leave him, Xenon," I ordered.

But he did not listen and was still glaring at the knight.

"What's your name?"

"Reid," he answered.

It was a different name.

Reid. Reichen. He didn't have violet eyes but I did not know if the other guy had violet ones, either. From what I remembered he really had the same body frame as the guy in the forest and from the one last night so it could be Reichen was his alias.

"What is your business with the Princess?"

"She was the one who came to me," answered Reid nonchalantly.

"Why did she come to you?"

"How am I supposed to know that?"

Xenon insisted on interrogating him and the crowd was now gathering around us.

I really wanted to ask more since Crown Prince Deliora also had the same voice as his but we needed to leave. It was better to talk to him in seclusion. I could not take a chance, especially with Xenon here. It was better to wait than cause an upheaval that could reach my father.

"Ah! I ju---"

Reid tried to answer but I stopped him.

"Come on, Xenon."

I walked away but in just a second I was swept off my feet.

I was too stunned to react. He was so fast and by the time I recovered from the astonishment, I didn't even know where we are. I glimpsed back and there was no one behind us.

How did he even outrun Xenon with me in his hands? I may look slim but I was pretty sure I was heavy since I was taller than average ladies.

His breath brushed the side of my neck and my whole body jerked. I became aware of how close we were, almost similar to an embrace. Did he not have any sense of propriety?

"Let go of me," I commanded and struggled to push him away.

Instead, he just pulled me closer. What in god's name was he acting like we were close enough to be physically intimate? I chose between punching or slapping him when he spoke.

"We need to talk in private, Princess. We're almost there."

That shrank away all my thoughts and I settled in his hold. He was finally willing to reveal himself!

As I was still in his arms, I carefully observed him. He didn't seem like he had malicious intentions so I let him. There were a lot of witnesses to his bold act and if something happened to me, he would be blamed.

Oh, wait. That was bad too. I just hoped Father wouldn't hear about this. But then again It would not matter anyhow. I would still be punished if he felt like it. At least, I would have my answers.

I was busy contemplating when he brusquely let go of me without warning.

"Why in damnation did you drop me?!" Crude words left my mouth, startling both of us.

Reid crouched as drops of sweat traced his face while huffing heavily. He glanced at me with a tilt on the corner of his lips.

"I did not know princesses could let out such a vulgar word," he spoke and even dared to chuckle.

Now, he was impudent. Many times I had badgered Xenon so he would loosen his stiff personality but if it would only result in him being like this man who was so brazen then I prefer him to remain the same.

"I'm sorry, Princess. My pain tolerance can only amount to this. Thankfully, we arrive here without me fainting."

His words calmed me for a moment and made me wonder. He really does feel the same as Willow. We were running for quite a while so it must hurt for some time. Even Willow could not withstand it for just a minute. I guessed he was not a knight for nothing.

"What do you mean? How does it feel?" I was genuinely curious since I had been speculating it for some time but I did not have that many close contacts.

I stood up and leaned against the wall to see where we were. There were only several windows on my side that faced the abundant Silvermist trees. He kept quiet while I was busy thinking of a lot of questions now that there was this chance.

"Here, Princess. I am truly grateful," thanked Reid.

He was already standing up and took something from his pocket then handed it to me with that infuriating grin again. "Let me escort you back, Princess. I'm sure your dog will hunt me."

I was just staring dumbfounded at the handkerchief. Since I was not moving, he took my hand and placed it on mine himself.

I pursed my lips. "Did... Did you bring me here for this?"

"Of course!"

"..."

Although, he may have no idea that I was the same thief he met in the forest but we saw each other the first night. I thought he was going to explain himself. He even made the effort to run away!

"Aren't you going to tell me something? You even took me to this place!"

He laughed and it sounded like it was at my expense.

"How daring, princess! I did not have such intentions for you. I am just a lowly knight and not suitable for a royal princess."

I was not clueless not to know what he was insinuating and glared at his utter rubbish.

"You could have just given it there to me."

I even let him do as he pleased even though there could be a chance I could get a harsher punishment than usual.

"But wouldn't it be improper if I gave the lady's handkerchief in front of those people?"

And he thought that carrying me somewhere was proper?! I badly wanted to scream in frustration but I heard footfalls in front, drawing nearer at such a fast pace.

"Dear me, Carline! Where were you? Xenon almost went ballistic," said Willow with the maidservants trailing behind.

My irritation almost dissipated trying to picture it. Xenon had only two expressions. The serious one and the frowning one so I could not imagine him looking so angry.

Willow turned to Reid with a scowl. "How dare a knight act disrespectful to a princess? We may not be from this kingdom but we had higher authority than you."

I smirked when I saw how he could not answer. Served him right. Willow was really the best. Not a second later, Xenon was coming towards us and in a flash, his sword struck Reid but the latter evaded it.

"Stop!" I shouted.

Notwithstanding the fact that I was happy he had been scolded just a second ago, I did not want any fight to happen.

"He is an acquaintance," I confessed and lowered Xenon's hand holding the sword.

"I had not seen him," said Xenon, refusing to take his sword away.

"I met him at the maze." I checked my pocket watch. "Oh, It's already way past two. We still need to prepare for the coronation, right?"

I did not wait for their replies and dragged Willow and Xenon. I turned back and sent Reid one last look, but his quiet expression had now changed into a smirk. Really an annoying guy!

"Do you really know him?" questioned Willow as we went back inside the palace.

I simply inclined my head.

"Well, if you say so. By the way, do you want to get ready with me again?"

"It's fine. I had my maidservants here today."

Willow resumed her storytelling as if no incident had come to pass. We parted after she sent me to my room.

I signaled the maidservants to move away. When they were far enough, I turned to Xenon.

"I'm sorry, Princess," said Xenon.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"You were in danger on my guard."

"It was fine. I know him," I said, appeasing his guilt but as usual, he denounced himself.

"Still, it was my incompetency. Please forgive me."

"Then if you want my forgiveness, please don't tell Father." It was thick-skinned of me since it was my fault in the first place but I needed some leeway.

"I could not promise that. There were many people who saw you."

I sighed. I guessed there was no room for negotiations with him this time. I had no choice but to withstand Father's wrath then.

***

Note: Hello again! Thanks for reading, cutiefries(〃^▽^〃)

Reid is pronounced as re-id, not reed or reyd, okay?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

352K 11K 80
When vengeance strikes in the form of a bullet out for the princess's blood, Princess Aleia VonAuclair must flee the heart of her country in order to...
1.6K 230 60
She is fierce. She is the future queen. She is a whole definition of power. The powers she has are amazing but she keeps them hidden. She doesn't tru...
500 26 13
A young spoiled Princess seems to find everything funny. She loved and lived for practical jokes, especially when she was behind them. On her fifte...
2.6K 290 34
After carelessly promising to marry the king of monsters, Elle wakes up to find herself trapped in a kingdom of mythical creatures. Soon she discover...