Over and Over- an Adam Gontie...

By nothingisworking

Katie Cortman is a Three Days Grace fanatic. When her best friend Lily Baker get her front row tickets and ba... More

Over and Over- 1
All I Wanted was a Car- 2
Last Cigarette-3
Stage Fright-4
And then He Kissed Me-5
Highway to Hell- 7
Walking in Memphis- 8
Racing in the Street- 9
Juke Box Hero- 10
Blame it on the Alcohol- 11
Bicycle- 12
Fun in the Sun- 13
Trouble in Paradise- 14
Mama- 15
Viva Las Vegas- 16
Livin' la Vida Loca- 17
Doctor What?- 18
New Kid In Town- 19
Before He Cheats- 20
When I'm Gone- 21
Lovin' Every Minute Of It- 22
Summer of '69 - 23
It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing- 24
L-O-V-E - 25
You Shook Me

Faithfully- 6

1K 26 6
By nothingisworking

Chapter Six

"Let me come on tour with you."

The expression on Adam's face was priceless. His mouth parted in shock and his eyes went very wide. He obviously wasn't expecting me to say that. Though who can blame him? I'm sure it's not a question he gets asked on a daily basis. "Um, what?" was all that he managed to say.

"Let me come on tour with you." I enunciated each word.

"Why would you want to do that?" he asked, still dumbfounded.

"Because, ever since I started listening to your band's music, it's just been something I've wanted to do." I replied. It was true. I started listening to their music when I was 12 and I was instantly in love. Ever since then, I had dreamed of going on tour with them. I knew that it probably wouldn't be the most pleasant experience, with four guys plus me on one bus. But it was a risk I was willing to take.

"Um, well, I would probably have to talk to the guys about this. I mean, sure, I'm willing to bring such a fine lady such as yourself on tour but I don't know how the other guys would feel." he said.

"Well then call them, I'm sure they're together right now." I pressed.

"Okay, I'll call right now. Just give me a sec." Adam said, walking away.

--------------------------------------------------

Adam's POV

I walked away from Katie, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I dialed Brad's number and he answered in the middle of the second ring. And boy, did he sound pissed. "Where the hell are you man? We've been waiting for you!"

"I know dude, and I'm sorry. But I have a question to ask you; before you say no, just think about it."

"Okay."

"What do you think of Katie coming on tour with us?"

"Hell no!"

"Come on man, you didn't even think!"

"Yeah, and I didn't say no either. I said hell no!"

"Brad, come on, just think for a second. She's a pretty girl and she's wanted this for a long time. Like seven years, man. Think." I coaxed.

"Seven years? Wow she really is obssessed with us." Brad commented. I smirked into the phone.

"So what do you say?" I asked.

"I still don't know man, I mean, what if she turns out to be just a crazy fan girl?" Brad asked skeptically.

"Now, now, don't talk about my girl that way." I warned.

"Your girl?!" Brad yelled through the phone. I cringed. "What, did you ask her out or something? You just freaking met her Adam! That's ridiculous!"

"I haven't exactly asked her out yet..."

"Good! And don't! Because she can't come!" Brad yelled one final time before hanging up.

I walked back over to Katie, phone in hand. She stood up with an expectant look on her face. I really didn't want to damper her spirits by telling her she couldn't come. I walked up and faced her.

"Well?" she asked hesitantly, sensing my disappointment.

Just as I was about to speak, my phone vibrated in my hand. I opened up the text from Neil that read:

Tell "your girl" that she can come, only if she promises not to tell anyone what she is doing. Except her parents.

-N

A smirk found its way onto my face and I beamed up at Katie. "Looks like that's a yes then."

I'm pretty sure my eardrums were severely damaged at that point. She screamed so loud that I heard a distant dog begin to bark. She jumped up and down and hugged me fiercely. She started crying tears of joy as she said over and over, "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"However, there's one condition." I said. Time to add my personal flair.

"Anything." she replied. This will be easier than I thought.

"Be my girlfriend." I replied.

----------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

He wants me-? Adam wants ME? To be his girlfriend? This night could not get any better. I was honestly a little bit shocked at first, but quickly regained my composure and agreed.

"Oh, one more thing. You cannot tell anyone what you are doing, besides your parents." Adam told me.

"It's not like they would care anyways. What about Lily? Can't I tell my best friend?" I asked, even pleaded. Adam looked remorseful.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can allow that. However, with the media, she would probably find out soon enough anyways." he told me.

"Okay, fine. But she's staying at my house, and don't you guys have to leave tomorrow like, really early?" I asked. "What do I tell her then?"

"Just leave her a note or something, you'll only have to lie this one time." he replied.

After it was settled on the time Adam would pick me up and all of the arrangements on the tour bus, who sleeps where and the like, Adam brought me back home and walked me up to the front door, where he gave me a swift kiss on my forehead. "See you tomorrow," he whispered in my ear.

I was still holding my head where he kissed me when I fell asleep that night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up with a terrible headache. I didn't think about the cause of it until I remembered the night before. That's right. Lack of sleep. I rolled over to check my alarm clock and my eyes widened at the time: 9:38. I was supposed to be awake an hour ago! They're probably here already, and, oh no. What about Lily? If she sees that they are here she will most certainly ask questions. I jolted awake fully and jumped out of bed. I ran down the hallway into the living room to see a note lying on the coffee table. It was from Lily. It read:

Left early today, had to get home for brother's baseball game later on. I came into your room but you were sleeping like the dead. See you soon? Text meeeeeee. xoxo Lily

I let out a huge sigh of relief. So I didn't have to lie to her. Thank goodness. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffeepot, humming a random tune.

"Someone's in a good mood."

I let out a huge scream and jumped, while turning. Adam sat at the kitchen table with his feet propped up and his hands behind his head. I blushed furiously and glared at him. "Well, I was." Now I was just feeling sour, my usual morning feeling. "Why are you here, and how the hell did you get into my apartment?"

He just smirked. "Lily isn't the best of friends if she can't even lock your door when she leaves. I tried knocking, but no one answered so I tried the door and it was open. I came in and walked around but I saw that no one was up so I sat down in here and here I am. Oh, and you're late."

"Well you could have woken me up!" I told him.

"Yeah, but I would've missed this reaction. So let's go, chop chop, get a move on we have to leave in 10 minutes." he said, clapping his hands.

My eyes almost bugged out of my head. 10 minutes?! It takes me that long to pick out clothes! I ran upstairs and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt. I ran to the bathroom to put my contacts in and brush my teeth, not bothering to put on any makeup. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs, thankful I had packed it the night before.

"Okay, let's go." I said, rushing Adam out the door. I locked it behind me as Adam jogged down the stairs, me following suit. He led me to his car where I threw my things in the trunk and hopped in the passenger seat. We sped off towards the center where the concert was held last night. Adam pulled into the parking lot where a large bus was waiting. The band was waiting outside of the bus along with two unfamiliar men. When Adam put the car in park and we both got out, I walked around the side of the car to stand beside Adam while he unloaded my bag. The first unfamiliar man walked up to me and held out his hand for me to shake. He has me a kind smile. "Hello there, my name is Stu and I'm the band's manager. Nice to meet you." He seemed like a very easy-going and nice man.

I shook his hand with a firm grip. "Pleasure is all mine. I'm Katie." At this time, Adam came back to stand beside me and I whispered into his ear, "Who's the other guy?"

He whispered back, "The guy from the car rental place."

"I thought you owned this car!"

No response.

"Well, let's get this show on the road!" Stu announced, breaking the somewhat-awkward silence between everyone. The paperwork for the car was signed and we all piled onto the tour bus. When I climbed on, I was instantly hit with an un-godly smell not unlike rotting food and sweaty gym socks.

What have I gotten myself into?

-----------------------------------------------

A/N

Yay! And the long journey begins!

As I was writing this, I became aware that Three Days Grace's actual manager passed away not to long ago. RIP.

As usual, vote, comment, keep it real babes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
928K 35.2K 83
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
128K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
437K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...