Over and Over- an Adam Gontie...

By nothingisworking

Katie Cortman is a Three Days Grace fanatic. When her best friend Lily Baker get her front row tickets and ba... More

Over and Over- 1
All I Wanted was a Car- 2
Last Cigarette-3
And then He Kissed Me-5
Faithfully- 6
Highway to Hell- 7
Walking in Memphis- 8
Racing in the Street- 9
Juke Box Hero- 10
Blame it on the Alcohol- 11
Bicycle- 12
Fun in the Sun- 13
Trouble in Paradise- 14
Mama- 15
Viva Las Vegas- 16
Livin' la Vida Loca- 17
Doctor What?- 18
New Kid In Town- 19
Before He Cheats- 20
When I'm Gone- 21
Lovin' Every Minute Of It- 22
Summer of '69 - 23
It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing- 24
L-O-V-E - 25
You Shook Me

Stage Fright-4

1.2K 32 4
By nothingisworking

Chapter Four

As the song began to play, I was blown away. Adam? Adam Gontier? I met Adam-frickin-Gontier? Good god. This is like a dream and a nightmare. He caught me smoking! No one knows I smoke. And I sang one of their songs- oh god he heard me sing. This is terrible. But yet... This is a good thing isn't it? Not many fans can say they've had a conversation- no matter how short- with Adam Gontier. I'm actually quite flattered. However, if I had known it was him in the alley I probably would've acted much differently.

The song went on, and I found myself really listening to the lyrics, as if I was hearing them for the first time.

"Who we are and how we've tried, are we all the same inside? It's now or never to decide," Adam's voice rang clear in my ears as he looked down at me.

Are we all the same inside? No. Some people act a certain way, sure, but there's always going to be that one thing that sets them apart, makes them really different. I glanced back up at the stage to see Adam looking at me intently, as if reading my thoughts. I looked away. The song ended and everyone was on their feet cheering and applauding, yelling and screaming. I was in a daze and stood still. It was Lily who snapped me out of it.

"Hello? You've had this look on your face for the past, like, 5 minutes. You do realize that the Adam of Three Days Grace just dedicated a song to you? How? What did you do? I need details!" she practically screamed in my ear.

"I'll tell you when we get out of here. We still have those backstage passes remember?" I replied.

"Right. Well let's go now!" Lily concluded.

"Now? Don't you want to give them some time to change and stuff?" I asked.

"Hell no! The more sweaty they are, the better!" she replied.

"Ew."

We maneuvered to the door that read "Backstage". It was being guarded by two very burly, intimidating men. I got a little afraid, but Lily just stepped up like she owned the place and flashed her pass.

"My friend and I have passes and we need to speak with the members of the band immediately." she said. In the circumstance, it was quite comical looking at her 5'3" self stand in front of those 6' something men with her hands on her hips demanding to get backstage. I would've laughed if I hadn't been afraid to be drop-kicked by one of the men for breathing wrong.

The two giants glanced at each other, shrugged simultaneously, and opened the door for us. Obviously they didn't think we could do much harm.

I practically ran past the men to get beyond the door and where Lily was. "Where do you suppose we're supposed to go?"

"Beats me. Let's just see what we can find."

We walked around backstage for a while, looking for dressing rooms. I had to pull Lily away from the snack table they had set up and continue in the opposite direction. She was still moping about it.

"It was just a little table!"

"You probably would've grabbed one of everything and stuffed more into your bra and your purse."

"Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

"..."

"Hey Katie."

"What?"

"There's a dressing room right there."

"What?!"

Sure enough, I turned and there was the sign on the door, clear as day. I glanced over at Lily, suddenly nervous. She gave me the go-ahead look. I raised my hand and-

The door swung open. In the doorway stood Adam, blocking the light from inside the room. He looked down and cleared his throat. "Well look who it is. The woman of the hour. And her...sidekick. Sure. What do you two want?"

The alcohol from his breath almost overwhelmed me. "Oh god are you drunk? Great. Just great."

"Not drunk enough. You're still ugly, and you're fat." he replied, pointing to me and then Lily. I was appalled.

"Sorry about that girls. He's not a happy drunk." Neil chirped from within the dressing room.

"We can see that," Lily said distastefully.

"What are you girls even doing back here? How did you get back here?" Brad asked.

We held up our passes. "Backstage passes." we said simultaneously. They nodded in understanding.

"We sell those, but it's not very often we get people back here, much less two pretty girls like you." Adam slurred.

"I thought I was ugly." I said.

"And I thought I was fat." Lily added in.

"Did I say that? Hm," was all he said.

"Well, come on in girls. Don't be shy." Neil ushered us in and led us to a white leather, very comfortable couch. We sat down and I let out a sigh of relief. It felt so good to sit down.

"Feels good doesn't it? I myself did the same thing when we got in here." Brad said and chuckled. I blushed and chuckled along with him.

"So, since there's no kind of time limit or anything on this visitation or whatever you want to call it, what would y'all like to talk about?" Brad asked.

Lily and I looked at each other, turned back to them and said, "So tell me about yourself."

The guys looked at one another, as if to say "who wants to go first?" and Brad spoke up.

"Well, my name is Brad Walst. I am 35 years old, born on February 16 in Norwood, Ontario. Uh, I play bass obviously and, um, I've known these guys since I was pretty young actually."

"Interesting," Lily said, "and you formed Three Days Grace in 1997?"

"Yes, that's correct."

We spent the next two hours just talking and making jokes about anything and everything. Adam finally sobered up, somewhat, and he contributed into some decent conversation. We talked, we laughed, Lily almost cried, they flexed, we just about died; we were just like a group of friends hanging out. They asked us questions about our lives and we asked about theirs. It was like truth or dare, except no dares. So just truth of truth. Or 20 questions. During a break in the conversation I took an opportunity to look at my phone. The time showed to be 11:49. I almost had a heart attack.

"Lily!" I hissed at her. "Look at the time!"

She inconspicuously looked down at her phone and her eyes bugged out. "Holy shit! We have got to go!" she said under her breath to me. She looked at the guys and said, "Sorry guys, but we really have to go. I know y'a probably have stuff to do and it's getting pretty late."

They looked disappointed. "Well, if you insist. We'll walk you out to your car." Neil suggested. What a sweetheart.

I gave Lily a wary look; however, Barry noticed it. "Don't worry. We won't try to abduct you or let anything happen." he told me. I reluctantly agreed.

We all walked out of the dressing room; however, Lily and I were first and we had no idea which way to go. I felt a pair of warm, strong hands grasp my shoulders and steer me in the direction of the sign labelled "Exit". "This way, cupcake." Adam's voice drifted to my ear. His breath tickled my ear and made me shiver. If anyone else noticed they didn't show any signs of it.

We walked out of the parking lot down the sidewalk to the parking garage where Lily and I parked the car. By the time we got there, I was a bit winded from walking so far. It didn't seem as bad when we were going to the concert. I got the elevator and we rode up to the third floor where I parked the Ferrari. I let everyone else go in front of me until it was just me and Adam in the elevator. I began to walk out, but Adam grasped my arm, preventing me. I could hear the other band member's take in a breath at the sight of our nice car and I smiled slightly to myself but my eyes were only focused on Adam. He stood so close to me; I could smell the sweat on him mixed with a faint scent of cologne that could only work on him. His bright blue eyes stared into my hazel ones. And if I hadn't been staring so intently at them, I would've missed the almost imperceptible flicker of his eyes to my lips. Had I missed that, then I would have been totally caught off-guard by what happened next.

Adam leaned forward, and kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Why do I always leave you like this?!!! To keep you coming back for more :)

Vote, comment, keep it real babes ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
224K 9.2K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
275K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
122K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...