CEO FROM HELL

By GabrielaSalvatore0

*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enoug... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
A NEW BOOK

EPILOGUE

18.9K 849 150
By GabrielaSalvatore0

Important Author's Note: 

Hello dear readers! I wanted to thank you all so much for the comments, votes, and for you just reading and enjoying this story! It means a lot to me and has motivated me all through this fun trip with Layton and Catherine. This is the last chapter in their book. But not the last chapter I will write. A fresh, new story will be out soon for you all to enjoy! Please, stay tuned for that. I shall post an update after this chapter when it'll come out. Anyway, please do drop a vote and a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts on the ending and the story in general. Enjoy!

1 MONTH LATER.

"And that's it?" 

"Yup." 

"I don't feel anything." 

"You're not supposed to. Only creatures with power, like me, can feel the change. Your scent is different." 

"How boring. I was expecting something more dramatic like flashes of light or...or...wings! I was hoping for wings!" 

"Don't be so childish." 

A little less than a month had passed since her soul 'changed'. She had expected something big to happen, but instead the night was spend on Layton's couch with a bowl of chips and Netflix. The most shocking thing was Layton liking Stranger Things. 

Honestly, she had no idea what the buzz was about until much later.

It was no lie about the attacks. After their chill night, all hell broke lose. Three attacks in three weeks, all coming from different demons. Layton had become overprotective. She barely talked him out of buying her a bulletproof vest and basically turning her into cheap version of FBI agent.

Being looked at like a five course meal was certainly one of the most annoying things. The sight of Victoria licking her lips when she walked inside the room never failed to give Catherine creeps. Thank God she hadn't met the rest of the family during the time. She'd be gobbled up in an instant. 

Specially by that Gluttony guy...

Perhaps she couldn't feel it, but things did change, and manly because she was with Layton. Many wanted him dead or suffering and she was his weakness. 

I wouldn't say I'm his girlfriend...He is not the 'label' guy. But what am I? Sex buddy? Closest thing to friend in his life? His lover?He said he loves me only once...A girl deserves to hear it more...

"Catherine." 

At least he calls me by my first name.

"Catherine!" 

She was shaken from her thoughts with a deep voice cutting through the inner monologue. Blinking, she found herself standing in middle of a meeting room with a couple pairs of eyes boring into her. 

One pair in particular got all of her attention. 

"Have you quit gawking at a wall and I can get my coffee? Or that's too much to ask?" Layton was giving her his infamous glare. He sat in his usual place at the end of the table, his arms set on the wooden surface and his imposing figure leaned forwards slightly. 

There were five more men in the room, much older than the CEO himself. All of them wore tailored suits that cost fortune and frowns as if it was a part of the formal attire. 

"It's so hard to find a good assistant these days. All of them are slow-minded. At least you have one that's nice to look at." One of them commented, ugly grin plastered on his old face. 

Catherine frowned. She was pretty used to people talking about her like she wasn't even there and in most cases, she didn't care, but this was just annoying. 

A part of her considered dumping the coffee on the old man's lap. 

"This one is pretty decent when she's not spacing out." Layton grumbled, his attention now on papers laid out in front of him. 

Pretty decent!? 

Catherine gave her lover a dark look, setting his coffee onto the table. "Here's your coffee, sir." The platter she used to carry the coffee was purposely bumped against the back of his head, just enough to making him look up at her. 

"Anything else?" She smiled innocently at the blue eyed man, ignoring how annoyed he looked. 

Somethings never change...

"No. You may leave." Layton waved her off, but just as she was about to exit the meeting room, he spoke again. "Just don't forget that this is an important night." 

Catherine froze up with her hand hovering above the door knob. She had completely forgotten. Today marked one month since they made the deal and she was ought to give her answer today...

Glancing over her shoulder, she gave a brief nod before rushing out. She had been so confident in his arms, feeling safe and protected. Layton even kept his promise, he did not take her soul or harm her. But she also knew the reality of remaining by his side. It will be a life full with danger, demons lurking on every corner. 

This was honestly the biggest decision she was to make.

I have fallen in love with the worst man possible....my god damn luck...

Long sigh escaped her lips as she sauntered back to her office. 

The hours dragged and no amount of work could ease the building tension. Most of the time she just flat out stared at the computer screen. The evening hadn't even come and she nearly had a heart attack twice, all thanks to Jeremy, Victoria's assistant that had come by with a question or two. 

Layton was in meetings all day. This was an important time for the company - or at least that's what he said. 

She couldn't get over the feeling that he was avoiding her. 

When the clock hit 8 pm, she couldn't take it anymore. 

"That's it." Catherine stood up from her chair, the tension raising to it's peak. 

I can't take this anymore.

She marched to Layton's office, swinging the door open. "Layton! We have to tal-Huh?" 

Catherine was met with an empty office chair. His scheduled meetings were over an hour ago, but he was nowhere in sight. 

"He's really avoiding me." She murmured, glaring at the desk that was always littered by documents, and this time, something else as well. Her eyebrows furrowed. There was a letter with her name and red rose set onto his closed laptop. 

The handwriting was like someone had wrote with a chicken leg. She had thought her handwriting was bad, until she had seen Layton's. There was no mistaking that monstrosity for anyone else's. 

The letter contained three simple words: Follow the roses. 

This left her even more confused than before. 

Since when is he romantic? Is he plotting something? 

Terribly suspicious, and slightly disturbed, Catherine walked out from the office with the letter and the blood red rose in hand. Couple steps in, she found another one laying by the elevator. Most people had already gone home at this point, leaving her alone to wander around. 

The trail carried on until she reached the bottom floor where a driver was waiting for her at the front door. 

"Miss Cavenon. Mr. Grim is expecting you." The man spoke, handing her the third rose and opening the door for her. 

Catherine could only picture how awkward that looked from third point perspective. A fancy driver in a fancy suit holding open the door of a fancy car, for a girl in old sneakers and skinny jeans. 

She had screwed the dress code long ago. 

"Thanks?" Catherine gave him a wry smile. 

Like, really!? What the fuck is he plotting!?

The driver gently closed the door behind her. The man had patience like ocean, he never told her to hurry up and she had hesitated quite a bit. 

On the backseat was a large box with another rose and a letter. 

"Wear this?" She read, growing seriously puzzled. Inside the box was a pretty knee-length dress and a pair of matching black heels. "Am I supposed to change here!?" 

"Yes, Miss. Do not worry, I won't be looking." The driver responded politely, pressing a button that lifted a sort of a wall between her and the front of the car. Yet another fancy detail she was no used to. 

The drive was not long, but boy, was it a struggle. By the time the car halted, her cheeks had gone red with the effort put into changing her clothes in a moving vehicle. It wasn't as easy as movies made it seem for sure! 

They had stopped in front of a five star restaurant. Angelique had bragged about this place and how it was hard to book a table there. She had said something about a line six months in advance. Catherine could only stand and gawk at the beautiful glass entrance, decorated by countless little lights to give it a romantic feel. 

This was not the local Burger King she was used to. 

Two waiters escorted her inside and the first thing she saw was the culprit of this whole mess himself. 

"You look...acceptable." Layton spoke, his eyes skimming over her. "I see you ditched your shoes again." 

"Can you not be a jerk for once? And I am not going to wear those killer shoes, thank you." Catherine grumbled, slightly uncomfortable under his intense gaze. 

He smirked, "I just prefer you with no clothes on." 

"Pervert." The young woman fought not to blush, even more that is. Somehow his words always got to her. "What is this place anyway? A Ghost town?" Aside from the staff, they were the only ones in the restaurant. All tables were empty. 

"I reserved this place for us." 

"That's insane!" Catherine felt her jaw drop. Only this man would be capable of something like that.

"Not if you're rich." Layton shrugged casually, leading her to one of the tables. Two glasses of wine were set onto the table near empty plates. The waiter brought them the first course the second the two were seated. 

The food looked strange. She was too ashamed to ask what the small thing on her plate was, but it certainly wasn't enough to soothe her hunger. With her being nervous, she had completely forgotten about lunch. 

"So, umm? What is this for?" Catherine asked hesitantly, for a second ripping her attention away from the food. God knows, it took effort.

"I wanted privacy for both of us." Layton spoke, sipping on his red wine. "Did you like the roses?"

"I did! But, you didn't have to." 

"I wanted to. I promised not to interfere with you decision, but I couldn't resist." He set the glass down, his attention now fully on her. "There are things you should know before you tell me your answer." 

"Layton...I already made my decision." 

"No. You should hear this before you make the final answer." He insisted. "First, if I erase your memories, I won't be able to return them. You won't remember anything that has happened since you jumped in front of my car."

"I did not do that! You were driving way above speed limit with your eyes closed!" Catherine interjected, earning herself a pointed glare, which she ignored. "I don't want to hear all this." 

"You have to know what's on the table here." 

"I know that already!" 

"No-" Layton was cut off by napkin being flung at him. 

"Will you shut the fuck up and listen to me for once!?" Catherine seethed. She had enough of all the details about her memories being deleted, when she didn't want it in the first place. "I don't want you to do anything! I want to stay with you and I don't give a shit about demons and sins or whatever. My life has never been normal. Period." 

Silence settled among the two. And then, the most unimaginable thing happened. 

Layton smiled. 

He didn't smirk or grin. He smiled. A genuine smile that exposed charming dimples at the corners of his mouth. 

In a blink, he was up from his seat and standing by her side. Catherine didn't get to add anything before she was scooped up into his strong arms. She gasped as he spun her around, hugging her tightly like she would poof into the air any moment. 

Never had she seen him act like this. A child getting his favorite toy for Christmas was the closest thing she could describe the emotion that was running through him. It was pure joy. 

When he finally set her down on her feet, both of his arms settled on her waist. "I was hoping you would say that." He whispered, the boyish smile still on his lips. "Catherine..." Her name sounded sweet rolling off of his tongue. He said it so delicately and gently that it made her heart melt. 

"You're mine now. All of you." 

"I would like to hang onto my soul." Catherine chuckled, leaning into him. The world was lost. It was only the two of them. 

"I want to make it official." Layton said after a moment of brief, happy silence. He had turned serious again, gazing into her eyes. "I want you to merry me." 

Her eyes widened. "Wait...what?" 

"Be my wife." 

As if someone had turned her on mute, Catherine was speechless. She could only watch as Layton sunk down on his one knee in front of her. 

"There is no turning back from the decision you made, I hope you realize that. So, I want you to become mine in all ways possible." He produced a small ring from his pocket, large diamond shining in the dim light of the restaurant.

"Where....is the camera? Are you trying to prank me?" Catherine glanced around, but there was only the two of them. 

"No. I am serious. What is your answer?" He asked, growing impatient. 

An evil part of her wanted to torture him and savor the moment a tad longer. A sin, kneeling before her....

But the answer came shortly. 

"Yes." She choked out, watching Layton slip the ring onto her finger. He looked relieved, but soon it all faded back to that infamous grin. 

"Finally, I can do whatever I want with you." He stood up, his sadistic side coming through the warmth. 

"On the second hand, keep the ring-" She was silenced by their lips locking into a deep, passionate kiss. It stole the breath from her lungs. Each soft caress made her crave more of his touch. It didn't last as long as she wished it to. Layton pulled back, resting his forehead against hers.

"Too late. You're my fiancee." He closed his arms around her. "There's no escaping me now, spitfire." 

Catherine smirked. "And there's no getting rid of me, Mr. Sin." 

Her life had never been easy. It was never meant to be simple either. But who would've guessed that a poor girl would once become a sin's bride? 

It was one hell of a journey...and something told her, that it had just begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
91.1K 1.4K 60
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...
10.5K 312 53
"Don't run away Carson . . . you haven't answered me yet." I stood with my back to him. I wasn't going to give everything away just like that. I cann...
23.5K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...