Chasing Lights (EXO Fanfictio...

By thenovice_j

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights. -B... More

DISCLAIMER
Main Characters
Head's Up
Prologue
Seanna
A Chance at Change
Princes in the Palace
Jeogiyo
Seolma...
Keureomyo
I Need The Money
Nugu-ya?
I Think It'll Sell Big Time
Almost
Unfriendly
Shoelaces
Soyoung-a!
Aigoo
Jinjjaro
Jebal!
I'll Go There Now
Sehun-a?!
Aish...
The Fellowship (PICTURES)
The Cousins (PICTURES)
The Ships (PICTURES)
EXO Siblings (PICTURES)
The Elders (PICTURES)
EXO'S Ideal Girl

Resplendent

398 32 133
By thenovice_j

Two months have passed. She made sure to spend more time now in Genesis for the concert in June where they wanted to debut a band and one of their new idol groups. Whenever it's a new group, she closely monitored their training and performance.

Genesis was known for these things: work and life balance, over-the-top talents, exemplary projects, equality among artists, and discipline.

They always get the longer end of the stick in the industry, but everyone is expected to be on top form when performing and doing the job. Attitude and work-ethic issues are a no-no.

Displays of superiority within or outside the company or complacency and mediocrity at work were never tolerated.

That's how they built their reputation in a span of five years.

Though no one except the President has seen her, every single person in the building knows that the CEO of AL Group sees everything and decides accordingly. Senchuan made sure to publicize that. It keeps everyone on their toes but also drives impeccable performance.

EXO has been with them for 7 months now and they've already topped the worldwide charts and platforms again with their comeback album "Meteor". They've sold more than 9 million copies and counting during the third month of sales and are now preparing for their first concert after everyone came back from the military.

Once again, they have dominated the kpop scene and the world. Some people thought the group would not be able to rise to its previous popularity after completing their military service but they were proven wrong.

Fans around the world were more than ecstatic when the news of the group signing the contract with Genesis broke and showed their unwavering support when the company gave EXO international promotion.

The group's previous agency filed a legal suit for property rights but both companies eventually came into an agreement when AL Group offered them something they can't refuse.

She would definitely not let EXO lose the name. It wasn't only a condition in the contract that she agreed upon but a silent promise she made to herself, to the fans, and all of the members — EXO will always be EXO.

She was having that stream of thought when she started strumming the guitar to one of her favorite songs. Resting and singing on the rooftop is her way of clearing her mind after all the business of the day.

"I like your eyes, you look away when you pretend not to care
I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear
I like you more, the world may know but don't be scared
'Cause I'm falling deeper, baby, be prepared

I like your shirt, I like your fingers, love the way that you smell
To be your favorite jacket, just so I could always be near
I loved you for so long, sometimes it's hard to bear
But after all this time, I hope you wait and see

Love you every minute, every second
Love you everywhere and any moment
Always and forever I know I can't quit you
Coz baby you're the one, I don't know how

I love you til the last of snow disappears
Love you til a rainy day becomes clear
Never knew a love like this, now I can't let go
I'm in love with you, and now you know..."

"Daebak-ida!" Was all that could come out of the man's mouth. His distinct thick and low voice could be heard from meters away. He stood really tall with his left hand above his head and the other one inside the pocket of his oversized coat.

But upon opening her eyes, her gaze instantly turned to the other man. He was standing behind the taller one and didn't say anything but she became acutely aware of his presence first.

She has always been fully cognizant of him.

Chanyeol and Minseok were both taken aback by the sight of the resplendent being meters away from them.

Chanyeol sucked in a breath, surprise, and amusement shown in his widened eyes and agape mouth. Minseok's mouth opened slightly in equal astonishment, but his eyes were filled with wonder and curiosity.

The girl had a very mysterious and gentle smile. She looked as if she was totally immersed in her own world while her body was swaying, her eyes closed while singing. Her pink lips slightly curved up and down as the sweet sound of words came out. Long, black hair flowed carelessly with the wind while her fingers played gracefully with the guitar.

Her voice that radiated warmth, emotions, and subtlety enticed them from a floor below, interrupting their hearty post-practice exchange of "old man jokes" and laughter.

"Even with the sun behind her, she is bright and shining." Both men thought.

"That - that was awesome. Are you, a trainee here?" Chanyeol mumbled as he slowly and carefully made his way toward the girl. He was trying to think of a smarter way to start the conversation but the words jumbled inside his head making him even more fazed than he already was. The way her presence was affecting him was very unfamiliar to him.

Although Seanna became quickly aware of them, she was too astonished at the sight of the two that her mind temporarily went blank, rendering her incapable of words for seconds.

When the reality of the situation dawned on her, her mouth fell slightly open and her brows curled in agitation.

She looked down and heaved a shallow sigh. "They shouldn't be here at all." She thought.

She has clearly ordered to have the main door to the rooftop closed at all times so she would be the only one to stay there anytime she wants.

"No, I just work here." She replied, quickly avoiding their gazes. She hastily took the sun charm out of her pocket and clicked the emergency key alert button to get Senchuan's attention.

"Oh. I haven't seen you around. Which department are you from?" Chanyeol was now an arm's length away from her, he was able to lessen their distance by a couple of strides. His eyes were bright and round with amusement. Excitement oozed out of his voice.

Minseok did not go any closer, his stare was fixed on her but he still didn't say anything. The surprise on his face was now replaced by seriousness in the pair of smoky black eyes.

"I get transferred from one department to another." She answered while clumsily squeezing the guitar pick toward her pocket. The irritation was still apparent on the hard line of her lips.

"This shouldn't be happening." She thought. She didn't want any encounter with the artists, especially not with them.

"Ah. Park Chanyeol-imnida. Mannaseo bangapseumnida. Your playing was really cool and your singing was..." He couldn't continue his sentence but his right hand did different gestures that ended in a simple thumbs up and scratching of his hair when he still couldn't think of the appropriate word. An embarrassed smile slowly emerged from his lips.

With his back slouching a bit from uneasiness, he extended his hand to her and pointed his other hand to Minseok. "That is Minseok-hyung. Do you... know us?" He asked with uncertainty, having noted Seanna's obvious indifference towards them.

She stared at his big palm. "Of course I do," she said flatly.

A sharp, cold feeling has now slowly risen from Seanna's stomach which made her wince a little.

Minseok's eyebrows met at the change of expression on her face.

When she was about to take Chanyeol's hand...

"Chanyeol-ssi! Xiumin-ssi! Palli! Emergency!" They heard someone desperately calling from the stairs.

The two men got startled and froze as they looked back at the door.

"Waeyo? What happened?" Minseok calmly asked when the person came to view.

"Kai-ssi... Kaja! Emergency." The person hurriedly rushed towards Chanyeol and took his arms then dragged Minseok along with his other hand on the way back towards the door.

Chanyeol didn't look back and she was relieved. Minseok looked back in passing but went ahead with them without a word. Knowing they were genuinely worried about the younger one made her feel assured. A smile formed on her lips and eyes.

When she lost sight of them, she didn't waste a second and went back to her office to talk to Senchuan.

*******

Minseok and Chanyeol! Did you expect this combo? Haha! I just realized that they're snow and fire. I mean I knew those were their "powers" but what were the odds? Lol! ❄️🔥

The song was "I Like You So Much, You'll Know It" cover by Ysabelle Cuevas. ❤️🥰

Any thoughts about the chapter? Or Seanna? Chanyeol and Minseok? Do leave comments and/or votes (if you enjoyed it), I would really love to interact with EXOLs and non-EXOLs alike.

대박이다 (Daebak/ida)
- Standard: Awesome/incredible/fantastic

입니다 (imnida)
- Formal: (it is - declarative form)

만나서 반갑습니다 (Mannaseo bangapseumnida)
- Formal: Nice to meet you!

왱요? (Waeyo?)
- Standard: Why?

가자 (Kaja!)
- Informal: Let's go!

팔리 (Palli!)
- Standard: Fast!/Faster!/Quick!

Thank you for reading! ☁️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 2.4K 19
✔️COMPLETE✔️ Do Kyungsoo has never dated before, he's never shown another his body, and he's never even kissed anyone before. The most innocent and h...
2.8K 233 45
(Warnings: Mild language, violence, death, intense themes) Your friends have been trying to form a boy band for ages. They're incredibly talented, bu...
12.8K 3.2K 62
[ c o m p l e t e d ] Han Seolhee a kind but hard-headed typical girl who happen to have a lot of secrets in her life was punished to enter SM ENT. w...
Titanium By V

Fanfiction

1.6K 45 1
Luhan is a troubled kid. He never really had friends, but the two tha made up his whole world. Xiumin and Sehun had been with Luhan ever since they w...