The Love Of Billionaire

By katejonas18

Part two of the Hurt of billionaire. ************************************************************************... More

#Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N Not an update
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 39

4.3K 142 60
By katejonas18

Surprise update.

Hope you all will like it.

Song of the Chapter:- Lying Down by Celine Dion 

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 39

"He loved me" he said. oh how bitter that taste in my mouth. We were driving toward the Black industries in Alex's car. I was feeling a lot more bitter then just the normal person should but I can just digest the word in my stomach. I know I've been silent since he said it. The whole walk till his car to the parking lot of Black industries, I couldn't utter a single word. I just didn't want to.

The moment Alex stopped I unbuckle myself from the seat about to get out when he stopped me.

"Wait" Alex whispered. Unclasping my hand from my bag he took hold of both my palm. "I know Its too soon for me to say those words to you, And I know I said no I won't push you to be my wife again but love please at least forgive me a bit, I know not all I have done can be forgotten, not all that I have done can be erased but I promise you that I will try till my last breath to make it work". He said before he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. "Have a good day, I will pick you up in the evening" with that he let my hands go.

I still couldn't take his words. They were just words. Giving him a small nod, I turned and open the door. Taking a calm breath, I shoved whatever creepy feeling I was feeling down and made my way inside the office building. I did make it five minutes to eight. Plastering a fake confident smile, I made my way in the glass doors.

The moment I entered heads turned toward me. I was kind of shaken at how much attention I was getting, the moment I made it to the front desk the receptionist was smiling like crazy. "Hi Ms oxford, Welcome to black industries. MR black is waiting for you in his cabin. You know the route. I hope you have a good day" She said all that in one breath still keeping that charming smile. I nodded my head and silently made my way to the fifth floor. The moment I reached the cabin a knocked and when I heard "Come in" I made my way inside Mr black cabin; I stopped the moment I saw a young guy not older than Twenty-six sitting there in Mr black chair and turned to leave.

I cursed my brain for forgetting the correct path and mumble a small apology. Before I can make it out of the door the guys said "Stop. You are indeed in the right place. Miss oxford I presume?" The voice behind me said.

"I slowly turned my body toward him and mumble a small yes.

"Come take a seat Miss oxford and please hand me over your resume once more, I would like to re-review it before we allocate you to your new job" He said. still not looking up from his paper he extended his hand forward for me to give him my resume.

"I'm sorry uhh"

"Mr black" He completed and looked up. His steel-Gray eyes made me gasp but I quickly composed myself.

"Right uhh Mr knight I was not told to carry my resume today, However, I can email it to you if you like. Before I do so, May I please ask why do you need my resume? I thought I was already hired?" I asked a bit confused now.

He looked at me and I mean (He placed his document down and leaned back and looked at me)

making me a bit more nervous. I hope he won't ask me to leave now.

"You see Miss Oxford my dad did say he hired someone but he never mentioned your qualification nor your experience to me. He just hired you and said you were good at work, but I beg to disagree with my father's decision. I do have your resume but I don't find you worthy of the job title my father provided you" He said making my insides churn.

Did he just say I don't deserve to be an intern to a marketing director? My blood boiled at that. "Then as per you Mr black what designation should I be getting?" I said in a very harsh but low tone.

"He narrowed his eyes and tilted his head. "Well you were recommended to me by Xavier so I have an offer for you, With this workload increasing I do need an assistant and for that, you won't need that much of experience, If you want we can hire you as my assistant at a decent package, you will still be in observation period for one month and will be confirmed after that, If you agree I can call the human resources and we can get you signed and ready." He completed in a bored tone. I can give you a few minutes to decide. With that he again went back to reading whatever documents he was reading.

My hand clench to a fist then I took some calming breath and contemplate the idea of it (It wasn't bad idea Ray just take the offer, you do need experience and it will still be counted as some) I waited few moments before I give my final answer just so I won't look so eager.

"Ok fine, I'll take the job however if in future If there is an opening in other operations, I want the option to apply" I said. I saw his lip tilt-up in a smile, raising his head he gave me a once over.

"I like your confident Miss oxford, I will add that claw in your contract per you wish however with if a possibility of your switch arrives I will be the last judge if I want to move you or not" With that he placed his pen down. Picking his phone cradle, he dialed some numbers and waited. "Scarlett in my office please." He said placing the cradle down we waited.

I still kind of didn't like the idea of him choosing if I can move or not but something is better than nothing. A little over five minutes passed before we heard the door knock.

"Come in" Mr black mumbled. The door opens and tall red hair women walked in. "Mr black you requested my presence" She said. "Yes Scarlett, Meet Miss Regan Oxford, she will be joining us from today as my Assistant, please give her a small tour probe her on her work requirements and do all the paperwork necessary. After lunch drop her back here so we can get her started." He completed giving Scarlett a small smile at the end making her blush. She nodded her head in yes and indicated me to follow her.

She opens the door but before I can get out, I heard Mr black "Miss Oxford" I Stopped turning around I raised my brow in question. "You will call me Clayton when we are here. I don't like being called Mr black as That is my dad's name". He completed. Giving me a charming smile, he turns back toward work.

"I quickly stepped out of the room to find Scarlett patiently waiting for me. She took me to her office and summarized me my basic work requirement which includes (Making arrangement of business meetings, taking notes, making his weekly schedule, taking care of business files, keeping track of his meeting so the so he can be more productive but still can have minimum breaks.) I raised my brows at the last one but Scarlett just shrugged her shoulder and we continued.

After all the paperwork was done, she took me around the office to show me their finance department then all other different conference rooms. Lastly, she took me to their cafeteria which by now was more where crowded, my stomach rumbled at the fragrance of fresh pasta and I asked if we could take a small break.

She chuckles but agreed to take a small break. After taking our food we sat down at the farthest corner away from most people's eyes. "So, tell me how you end up as "The hunk" Assistant?" She asked to which I was a little confused.

"You are asking me that as if there was none before me" I said to which she gasped." You don't know? Do you?" She screeched.

Now I was really confused. "I don't know what?" I asked showing some pasta in my mouth. I moaned at the taste of it. It was so good.

"You are his first Assistant" She said making me stop from chewing the delicious heavenly pasta. I swallowed it down still not believing her, when after ten seconds her expression didn't change, I realized she is saying the truth. Scarlett took a bite from her pizza margarita enjoying the food.

"Why didn't he have an assistant before?" I asked. "was there never a requirement or I'm just the new pawn ready to be sacrificed," I said pushing my shoulder and lean back in my seat. Taking a sip from my cold beverage I quickly ran my tongue over my teeth. Waiting for Scarlett to swallow and answer me. She quickly swallows her bite and wipes her lip with a tissue.

"Well there were a lot who tried before, however, the hunk didn't like them one bit, there was this one girl who was way too desperate, she waited for Mr black in his office all naked." She chuckles at the memory.

"It was hilarious, Mr black walked in and the moment he saw her he starts shouting all kind of threat at her. She made such a funny memory, but after that Mr black refrained from hiring an assistant. He is young many girls don't come here to be his assistant but with home to be his girlfriend." She signed taking another bite.

With all that said we finished our food and scarlet dropped me off to Mr black cabin. She stopped me before I can walk in. "You know you are not like those girls. I can see you are different. I hope you stay and we can befriend." She leaned forward to give me a hug which I gingerly returned "See you around Regan. Best of luck" With that, I gave her a small smile and walked inside "the hunks' cabin. I still want to know why they call him Mr hunk.

*************************************************************************************

So I really hope you like this chapter

If you do please leave a comment and like down below.

Join me on my social network if you like as @katejonas  and @katejonas18 

I have completed my office work in 5 hours so I can write this chapter so I really will appreciate your feedbacks on my work. 

See you next time. 

BTW here goes Mr black

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 169 48
Excerpt: I glanced at him. His jaw clenched and grip on the steering tighter turning his knuckles white. His expensive watch winked at me in the moon...
2.5M 94.3K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...
86.4K 1.9K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
58.4K 1.8K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...