CEO FROM HELL

By GabrielaSalvatore0

*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enoug... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
EPILOGUE
A NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 30

12.1K 704 47
By GabrielaSalvatore0

"Three million and a half!" 

"Four million!" 

"Do I hear Four million and half!?" 

The host shouted, scanning the crowd for bidders. The numbers skyrocketed, more and more people joining the bid. Catherine could only watch helplessly as hands holding a sign with number raised one after another.

"Six million! Is someone bidding more, Yes! Number 559 bids seven million!" If she wasn't being sold off like some antique garbage, Catherine would actually be impressed by how fast the host spoke. 

"Is there someone bidding more than seven million?!" The man paused, searching the crowd. No numbers raised. "Seven million once! Seven million twice! Seven million-" 

Another man suddenly rushed up on the stage with a phone in hand. He handed the device to the host before he could say the final bid. The host paused, taking the phone. 

His menacing grin grew. 

"We have the highest bid. Ten million!" He announced after handing the phone back to his assistant.

Catherine's head spun with the violently growing numbers. Her fear escalated when the man turned back to microphone. "Ten million once! Ten million twice! Ten million thrice! Sold!" 

"I object! You can't do that!" She yelled, but no one payed any heed to her protest. Two more men walked up on the stage, heading towards her cage. Her grip on the bars tightened as the door opened. 

 "Let go!" She screamed as the two strangers grabbed her by her arms, dragging her out from the cage. Catherine dug her heels into the stage floor, fighting against them the best she could. The drug was still coursing through her blood. Every time she tried to pull away, her head begun to swim. 

She had given the two a hard time removing her from the stage, but that served as little comfort when she was dragged behind the scenes and further down a hallway.

"Someone help!" Her cry had no response other then a rough tug from one of the men. He huffed out a curt 'shut up' and carried on with his job.She was lead up a flight of stairs into another hallway. Her yelling was ignored as the two pushed her inside a room. 

It was a luxurious lounge with black leather couches and ruby red walls. The type of setting one could find in fancy sports bars. A crystal chandelier hanged from the ceiling, casting it's light over the otherwise poorly lit room. A man sat like a king in a leather armchair, his legs crossed and arms settled on the padded armrests. 

Catherine raised her eyes from the lush carpet covering the tiled floor, resting her gaze on familiar icy blues. Her stomach dropped. In the make-shift throne sat the very same man she had recently escaped from.

"Would it kill you to listen to me for once, spitfire?" Layton spoke, threateningly calmly. His voice could freeze hell over. 

Her eyes narrowed, "It would, actually! I know what you planned on doing! Either way I would've ended up on that stage!" She fought not to totter on her unsteady matchstick legs. Her body begged for her to put her butt on one of the chairs, but her stubborn brain much rather have her faint than approach the dangerous man. 

"And where did you get that information from?" 

"I heard your siblings talk. They made it pretty clear that you will suck out my soul." Her fists clenched. She wanted to take her heels in hand and run for her dear life instead of having this conversation with him. But she had no clue where she was and how far she would get with the masked creeps hanging around on every corner. 

Layton sighed, his legs slowly uncrossing. "Did you now?" He stood up, straightening his suit jacket of any wrinkles with a sharp tug. "And you believed them?"

Catherine stepped back as he slowly advanced towards her. With every stride he took closer to her, she stepped back until her back bumped into a wall, trapping her. "Give me a reason not to!"

"I did not plan on attending this auction. I am here only because you can't keep yourself away from trouble, Cavenon." He closed in, coming to stand inches from her. She could smell his fresh scent, feel his body warmth without them even touching. His gaze felt heavy on her, pinning her in place. 

Why did this man had to be devilishly handsome even when she hated him!?

"Why would you care if I got into trouble? You will kill me. You had no reason to attend because you already had me close." The words pouring past her lips were painful to her own ears. A part of her wanted to believe that there was something between them. That he was not just manipulating with her to gain power. That she wasn't just a chess piece in his game.

Layton was silent, staring down at her coldly. The seconds ticked by like hours as they held the staring contest. It confirmed her fear. Her pulse picked up. 

He's going wipe me from the face of Earth....

As the thought passed through her head, Layton grasped her hand, pulling her behind him in a swift move. She had no time to question or scream as the door suddenly swung open with a loud bang of the doorknob digging into the wall. 

"Greed!" Furious Envy rushed into the lounge, his face red and green eyes raging. He looked like one man Christmas tree, the Krampus version. "Her soul is mine! I demand you to give her back!" He roared, chest heaving with pure wrath. 

"It is not." Layton countered calmly, his bigger hand still wrapped around hers as he kept her hidden behind his broad back. "I won the auction. She is sold to me not you."

Envy grit his teeth, his puffed out cheeks turning an even deeper shade of ruby. "You were not supposed to be here." 

"Yes, until you chose to take what's mine." 

The green eyed man growled, his irises glowing up. "Greedy as always. Her soul was mine to have. I will have her back one way or another." 

"No." Layton's grip on her wrist tightened, his eyes withholding a piercing glare. "She will not be taken by anyone. Do I need to remind you of consequences if you attempt to take her by force? Father won't be forgiving." 

Her heart pounded inside her chest. She couldn't see the other man, but she was fairly certain he looked as infuriated as he sounded. Layton on the other hand was calm as a cucumber, not even slightly disturbed by the peeved off sin. 

"You fucking bastard-" 

"He's right." A feminine voice cut in. Victoria leaned against the doorway, slender fingers toying with her mask. "You tried hard, brother, but she's out of your reach. Rules apply for everyone." 

She sauntered inside the lounge, smirking. "Oh, and you forgot your goons." With a snap of fingers Jace, Nick and the guy she didn't know name of were dragged inside by three masked men. "We already expected you to play dirty, but for you to go this far....I didn't know you have it in you." 

"You set me up! I want my money!" Jace roared, struggling fervently to get loose from the two men holding him. He had gone berserk, twisting his body in near every possible position just to get lose. His wide eyes rested on the sin that had betrayed him, expecting an answer. But...

Envy ignored him, not caring one bit about some low life human. His fists were clenched and he looked ready to destroy the entire building and whoever it contained. The man would not come in terms with his loss anytime soon. His brother outsmarted him and nothing could be done.

Catherine locked eyes with Nick, not caring much for others. He instantly averted his gaze. The man couldn't even look at her anymore. He was left without money or his friend and only had himself to blame.

What a coward.

"What are we going to do with them? Lust suggested feeding them to demons." Victoria addressed Layton, staring  wickedly at the three men. "I could give them a taste of their own poison. The auction is not over. Their souls aren't anything special, but someone will buy them." 

"Feed them off, I don't care." Layton spoke, cruel glimmer in his eyes. 

"Wait!" Catherine shook off his grip on her hand, stepping forwards. "I don't care what you do to Jace and the other dude, but leave Nick be." 

Everyone looked stunned at the request. Nick glanced up from the ground for the first time, shocked. "Cat...why?"

Layton frowned. "Yes, Why?" He questioned, his arms coming up to fold in front of his muscular chest.

"Don't expect me to forgive you. I don't ever wan to see your face again. You will live with what you did and regret it until your last breath." She stared into Nick's eyes, hate boiling into her own. Betrayal stung, badly. She knew him for years, and therefor also knew that he's not all bad, just desperate. This would be a way more severe punishment than any other.

"Uhh. Dramatic. I like her." Victoria interjected. "Alright then, escort the friend of the year out and put the other two up for auction. Let's hope someone will find fun in torturing such a dark soul." 

"You can't! Let go! I want my money!" Jace raved. He screamed and fought as he was hauled out from the lounge with the other man. His voice echoed through the hallway even after he couldn't be seen anymore. Nick paused, locking eyes with the woman he used to call a friend. "I'm sorry-"

"Go. I don't want to hear it." Catherine looked away, her gaze fixed to the ground until the door closed behind him. She knew she wouldn't see him again, but the hurt would linger no matter how much time passed. 

How can I trust anyone anymore?

Victoria's voice brought her back to reality, "I believe you two have a lot to talk about." She  addressed Layton and Catherine when only then sins were left in the lounge. "I'll deal with our little mischief." She winked towards the other woman before giving the overly silent Envy a pointed look.

Layton nodded, glancing down at Catherine. "Let's go." 

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you." She stepped back, putting some distance between the two. The woman was so caught up with the drama that she had completely forgotten the real problem here.

He sighed, "Give me a chance to explain myself." 

"Why!? What could be your excuse for wanting my soul!?" 

"I don't want it." 

Catherine paused, her prepared speech flying right out of the window. "Huh?" 

"Come with me, I'll explain once it's only the two of us." Layton looked down at her. He was a pro liar, but she couldn't spot the darkness behind his gaze that came with untruthful words. 

The inner battle showed on her face. 

To be or not to be? To go or not to go?

After a long moment of silence, Catherine finally gave in. "Fine. But if you try anything funny, I swear to God, I will be the worst thing you have come across." She threatened. 

Layton released a breathy scoff. "I don't doubt that."

"Come on you two. Get a room already. I don't want to see the rest." Victoria spoke up, urging them to leave. 

It was a fairly silent trip through the lorn hotel, reserved solely for the event. The tension built up to near unbearable by the time Layton lead her into one of the suites. The door closed behind him, leaving the two alone in the dark room. 

"So....you don't want it?" Catherine was first to break the silence, still keeping a safe distance from the sin. "Answer honestly. I am sick of bullshit." 

"No." Layton replied, his eyes resting on her. "At first I saw you as a toy. I wanted to sell you, gain money. Then, I wanted your soul for myself when I realized you're special." He slowly approached. "But now...I want you, not your soul." He came to stand a short distance from her. Layton had to crane his neck to look her in the eyes, his taller built easily towering over her. 

It was distracting, the way he stared down at her. She had to gather all her will power not to bend underneath the intensity of his gaze. Her heart raced, this time not out of fear. 

If this carries on, I'll age sixty years in one day. 

"And...your point is?" 

"You've changed me...." He whispered. "You're possibly the only human capable of seducing a sin." He took a hold of her arms, his thumbs rubbing gentle circles on the back of her hand. "You make me...feel something." 

Sparks went flying. Trusting a sin was like borrowing money from mafia. It was perilous and plain out stupid. And in this case...irresistible. "Are you trying to tell me that I'm special?" Catherine grinned, teasing tone waving through her words.

Layton rolled his eyes, mildly annoyed. "Don't get cocky." 

"Or what?" 

"Or this..." He suddenly bent down, sweeping of off her feet in a gliding motion. Catherine gasped, the ground ripped from underneath her. The pressure of wall went up against her back as he pinned her between him and the structure. His face was so close, she felt the feathery touch of his breath. 

With their lips inches apart, she was tempted to close the distance completely, to feel his skin against her own. Her hips sat comfortably at his navel, legs wrapped around his waist. Catherine's fingers found their way into his jet black hair. 

"Catherine...." 

Her eyes widened.

Did he just call me by my first name?

The way her name rolled off his tongue sent wild shivers down her spine. "Say that again." 

"No." He smirked, finally leaning in and pressing his lips to her own. Instantly her body was overwhelmed by wave of heat rushing through her. The kiss took her breath away, his mouth moving against hers, his tongue teasingly caressing her own. 

The kiss became deeper, more passionate. All thoughts were lost, until he suddenly pulled away, an evil look in his eyes. "You still have to pay me back." 

"What?" Catherine blinked, out of breath. 

"You owe me ten million." 

"WHAT!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...
122K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
691 9 10
"Your body belongs to me, Kitten." He rasped out, cold index finger reaching out to trace over my fluttering pulse. I took an hesitant step backwards...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...