Cigarettes

By drawing-5sos

His hand reached down for mine, intertwining our fingers together. I questioningly looked down at our hands a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
sorryyyy
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Quick question
Sequel
Announcement
SEQUEL IS OUT !!!

Chapter 13

36.3K 1K 1.5K
By drawing-5sos

"Hey, Lay? Wanna go somewhere?" Luke asked during the commercial break. We were sat in front of the couch on the floor again, with two huge bowls of popcorn, each of us having one in our lap. I made him watch The Ellen Show with me because he didn't believe me when I told him Ellen's the funniest host ever.

I looked at him and he scratched the painful spot on his head that was swollen from all the plastic ornaments falling on our heads about an hour ago.

"Not unless you say it." I smiled widely.

"Say what?" Luke asked, bringing his hand down from his head and letting it fall into the bowl of popcorn again.

"Come on" I winked playfully. "Admit it! I was right! Ellen's the best, isn't she!" I wiggled my eyebrows in expectation and then laughed at myself because I realized I was acting dumb.

Luke stared at me and his face didn't have any expression. He really did do that a lot.

"I-" he started and looked at me again, his eyes scanning all over my face and examining its features. "Stop smiling like that! You're distracting!" he yelled and laughed, scratching the back of his head.

I looked at him and my smile disappeared, the awkwardness taking over me.

Luke shifted in his spot and came a bit closer, turning towards me and taking my hands in his.

"I told you not to do that." he said, looking at my hands and then my flushed cheeks. Oops, I must've tried to cool my cheeks off with my cold palms again.

"I didn't even realize I was doing it." I whispered, still looking at his hands holding mine. They were soft and warm, unlike mine. It felt good, the way he warmed my hands up when he was holding them.

Luke noticed I was staring at our hands and he quickly let them go, awkwardly squirming back to his spot. The atmosphere got awkward so I decided to bring up a new subject.

"You're very bossy, you know." I smiled, playing with a strand of hair and twirling it around my pointer finger.

"Girls used to love that." Luke laughed, the awkwardness instantly disappearing. "Back in the old times I'd get you all wrapped around my finger like you're doing with that strand of hair of yours." he then looked where my hand was and then back at me.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds and then bursted out laughing.

"Back in the old times!" I yelled, still laughing. "You made it seem like you're 60 years old!" I laughed and Luke giggled.

"Oh my God!!" I pointed to his mouth. "That's so-"

"Shut up!"

"No! That was so-"

"Lay! Don't say it!"

"Your giggle is so adorable!!" I finally yelled, poking his bottom lip with my finger. "Do it again!"

Luke giggled again, although not intentionally.

"Oh my God!" I squealed loudly, seriously overwhelmed by the sound of his giggle.

"You're really rude. You can't call a guy adorable." Luke pouted and pretended to be angry at me. He rested his chin on his left palm and stared in front of himself, ignoring me. I noticed he was wearing the bracelet that he freaked out about in the morning.

"Okay fine, let's go somewhere." I sighed, trying to make him stop ignoring me.

"I know the place!" he quickly stood up and ran to put his shoes on.

__

"Your great escape was a fast food restaurant?" I asked Luke, looking at him with a poker face. We were standing outside McDonald's and debating wether or not we should go in; at least I was.

"I'm hungry!" Luke defended himself and the first thing I thought was of course.

"That's because we have no food at home!!" I made a point and put my hands on my hips.

"Just come on, Lay, I'm seriously really hungry." Luke hurried me inside.

I didn't like going to McDonald's because the only one close to our apartment just had to be the one where my ex worked. I just hoped I wouldn't see him today.

"EEE there's free paper crowns!! You order for me, I'll have two big fries, big Cola and two cheeseburgers. Add some ketchup to go with as well. I'll be right back!" Luke said hurriedly and ran to the lady that was giving out paper crowns.

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry because my roommate either had a personality close to a serial killer or a big baby.

I stood in line to order, standing on my tippy toes to see who works on the cashiers. There was no sight of my ex, so I let out a sigh of relief.

After five minutes it was finally my turn to order.

"Hi, can I please have-" I started but the lady interrupted me.

"I'm sorry, Miss, can you please hold on a second." she said and left, picking up her phone and yelling 'cover me' to someone in the kitchen.

I waited for some time and then from the restaurant kitchen came Harry. I felt my cheeks blush from frustration, anger and awkwardness at the same time and I started tapping my leg onto the floor, anxious to order and leave as quick as possible.

"Ready to order?" he asked and then looked at me, his previous smile becoming frozen on his face.

"Um, yeah. Three cheeseburgers, three large fries, one large and one small Cola. And ketchup." I ordered, anxiously tapping my fingers on the counter.

"Be right over." Harry said blankly and left to get my order. I felt the blush slightly go away and I turned my head around in order to find Luke. I didn't see him anywhere. I turned back and Harry came with the food that I ordered.

"Take out or?" he asked, putting the food in paper bags.

"Out." I said, taking out my wallet.

"Isn't this a bit too much for just you?" Harry asked, looking at my order and smirking.

"I'm here with someone." I defended and looked around once more.

Harry laughed, shaking the curls off of his forehead. "Layla, I know you haven't dated since we broke up." he smirked again.

"Who said I'm dating him?" I asked annoyed, taking out the money from my wallet and giving it to him to pay.

"I'm just saying you don't need to pretend you've moved on from me-" Harry rambled when I saw some people being shoved to the side just to reveal Luke. He was carrying a red balloon animal in his hand and he looked extremely excited.

"Look what I got you!" he chimed and that made me smile widely. He couldn't have picked better time to come back.

I took the balloon animal out of his hand and waved towards the paper bags on the counter that contained our food. "Will you take this or?" I asked.

Luke nodded and took the bags. I looked at Harry and couldn't help but silently giggle to myself at his shocked expression. Luke walked away, shoving people out of the way again and left me at the counter.

"Are you gonna give me the rest of my money back?" I asked, not being able to contain my smile.

Harry was dead serious. "You're with Hem?!" he hissed unbelievingly.

I gazed at him, not saying anything. Then I took my money and went after Luke.

Hem. Pfsh. What kind of a nickname is that anyway. It sounds like ham. Did Luke like ham so much that they called him Hem?

I found Luke standing outside the exit with two huge paper bags in his hands. I walked over, taking one and we both started walking towards home.

"So who's that guy to you?" Luke asked, breaking the silence between us.

"He's just my ex." I shrugged.

"I don't like him." he mumbled to himself.

"That makes us both." I agreed and peeked to the side to look at him. He looked at me and we both laughed.

When we finally came back to our apartment I was already dying hungry, too. We were in too much of a hurry to eat that we didn't even bother taking our shoes off and getting the plates, we just straight up ate from the paper bags.

Now we were laying on the floor in front of our couch, again. This seemed to become our spot.

"Man, I-" I started but a loud burp interrupted me. My hand slapped my mouth and I blushed instantly, looking at Luke to see if he noticed.

He looked at me surprised and then erupted in giggles.

"Piggy." he joked, booping my nose and hugging me with one hand over my neck. That way he brought me lower and somehow I was now laying on his thigh. I was probably as red as a tomato but thank God I was looking straight in front of me so he couldn't see my face.

He reached in front of both of us to reach his Cola that was on the table and accidentally shuffled my hair so it fell all over my face. I tried to get it off but I couldn't get my hand close to my head since he was kind of bent over, so I just gave up and stared at my strands of hair, wanting to just chop them all off.

I heard Luke slurping what's left of my Cola because his large one wasn't enough for him so he had to take mine. He burped loudly and it sounded more like a roar than a burp.

"Lay?" Luke asked, laughing right after he said it.

I shifted in spot so I was now looking up at his chin. He then looked down so I could see his whole face.

"What?" I asked.

"Thank you." he said with his voice low and raspy, smiling.

"Why?" I questioned, confused.

"Today's a big deal." he moved the strands of my hair away from my face with his pointer finger, slightly touching my face on the way but then quickly removing his hand once he was done.

"How come?" I asked, ignoring the red flush that's been threatening to spill all over my cheeks.

Luke stayed in thought for a minute and then finally spoke up, smiling slightly.

"Today's the first day that I haven't smoked."

__

A/N: IMPORTANT: I kind of feel like I'm making everything happen too fast. Am I hurrying everything? Should I try to slow it down??

+ Believe it or not, your comments actually motivate me to write quicker and more.
Cause then I know you want to read more! And that inspires me! So comment! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 352 12
This tragic 12 part mini-series of love and loss depicts the incarceration of Peeta Mellark, baker, painter, tribute and Victor of the 74th Hunger Ga...
16.9K 269 10
A Marecal fanfiction based in the modern world. *I don't own any of these characters
57.3K 1.1K 16
•completed story• Katie Gardner, daughter of Demeter, and Travis Stoll, son of Hermes, have an admittedly strange relationship dynamic. In the midst...
2.2K 61 7
In which Nat and Steve are married with a newborn son. Will follow the timeline in which Nat jumps and they try to bring her back while at the same t...