CEO FROM HELL

By GabrielaSalvatore0

*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enoug... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
EPILOGUE
A NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 22

12.6K 669 36
By GabrielaSalvatore0

"Another round!" Nick called out, waving over a curvy waitress. The bar was full that night. They barely got a booth to sit at. The woman was bustling around, cheeks red. This was all so familiar. Once she had been in that girl's place. There were only two waitresses for the entire bar and it was Friday. She felt sorry for the poor souls. 

Layton sat besides Catherine, looking uncomfortable. He was squeezed into a corner he was obviously too hunky for. There was ever present scowl on his lips. Nick dodged the daggers thrown his way pretty well, each threatening look easily disregarded. Still, the handsome billionaire was making things awkward. 

"Quit making a face as if you smelled something bad." Catherine scolded. 

"But I did. It stinks like homeless man's breath here." 

"I highly doubt I want to know how you know that and you're free to leave anytime." 

"That's not happening." Layton glared at her, the blue eyes making the memo clear. 

"Fine. Then quit acting like a snob." The young woman shrugged her shoulders, her attention turning back to Nick and the waitress that was setting down the second round of beers. She had missed the intoxicating kick of booze in her blood. It had been so long since she last had a drink that the first beer was already having an impact. 

This felt nice...to let go and relax for once. 

"You didn't finish explaining. So, you went to New York and then what?" Nick started up the conversation once the girl had rushed off. 

"Oh, yeah. We went to this boring charity event or whatever. They fucking served snails." Catherine carried on, disregarding the strict look Layton was giving her. Once she learned to ignore his gaze the conversation flowed much smoother. 

Empty glasses kept piling up on the table as the two friends talked. Nick shared the things that had happened during the time they hadn't met, slipping in a couple complaints about the old owner of the club she used to work for. The man was still an ass apparently. 

Talking to Nick was always easy. He was a good listener and had just the right sense of humor to deal with the hyper woman across from him. They had clicked since day one.

"You should get a better job. You're a God behind the counter, at least find a place that pays decently." 

"Looks who's talking. You can finally pay the rent with your salary, hm?" Nick chuckled, swiftly turning the topic back to her. Not that she blamed him for it. Neither felt comfortable with Mr. Scary around.

"She doesn't have to. She lives with me." Layton who had been silent most of this time suddenly spoke.

Nick choked on his beer. "She *cough* what?" The shocked man cleared his throat. "So you're like...together?" 

"We are absolutely not!" Catherine panicked. Now it was her turn to glare at Layton. This had been the one thing she didn't want Nick to know and he blew it! 

"Another long story, yeah?" Nick gave her a knowing look, teasing glint in his eyes. 

"Yeah-" 

"Hey, pretty." A drunken voice came from besides their booth. "You don't look like you're having fun. Join us." A man in his mid thirties slurred, his eyes glazed over by unlimited amounts of alcohol. The guy and his two wobbly sidekicks walked as if the ground was a deck of a storm-tossed boat. She had seen them looking, but hoped they wouldn't bother. How wrong she was...

"No thanks." Catherine dismissed them without a second glance. Years working for clubs worse than this one had her inured to drunkards and their attempts on flirting. 

"C'mon...Don't play coy." The top dog of the group wheezed laughter, refusing to give up easily. "We could have way more fun together." 

"Hey, piss off. Didn't you hear what she said?" Nick frowned, growing visibly vexed. 

"And what ya going to do if we don't, pretty boy?" The men guffawed, exchanging glances. "We just want to have some fun-" One of them reached out to grab Catherine, eyes glossy with lust. 

"I dare you to touch her, you pathetic scum." 

The man froze up before he could touch her, his eyes now fixed on the looming figure behind Catherine. The drunk's face paled. 

Layton stood tall. His eyes held a warning, he would not be above wiping the trio from the face of the earth. A single glance and he had the men stumbling back. 

"Chill man, we mean no harm." The man grumbled curse words under his breath, wisely choosing to leave the woman be. 

"Your boyfriend sure knows how to be intimidating." Nick commented, amused. 

"He is not my boyfriend. Cut the crap." Her eyes turned to the still standing man. "I could've dealt with them myself." 

"We're going." Layton said matter-of-factly. 

"No, we're not." 

"I am not asking for your opinion. We are going home." 

"Hey! Let go!" Catherine protested, nearly spilling her drink when Layton seized her elbow and pulled her up with force. She bumped into his broad chest, her own legs like jelly after four beers. "Gimmie a break already! I am not done here." 

"Tell that to those guys." 

"They won't bother us-" 

"Of course they won't, because we won't be here." Layton was not about to take no for an answer. Catherine glanced at Nick for help, but all she got was a concerned look in his eyes. 

"Maybe it will be better that way. We can meet up again soon." 

Unbelievable! He gave in!

"Betrayer." Utter defeat crossed her features. Not even Nick had the guts to oppose him. What a party pooper. 

Layton produced a twenty dollar bill from his pocket, casually leaving it on top of the table. Without a single word he left the bar, dragging Catherine along by the elbow. "Let go, you're hurting me!" She exclaimed, struggling once the two were outside. His grip eased, but he made no move to release her completely until they reached the car. 

"Get in." 

"Will you stop barking orders! I am not your fucking lap dog!" The woman fumed, refusing to budge. In the chilly air her head felt a great deal fuzzier. Liquor swirled in her head, giving her the type of bravery that could only be described as stupidity. Alcohol made her want to defy the domineering man. 

"Why are you in such a hurry? Are you jealous or something? That's it...isn't it. You're jealous of Nick and those three tipplers." Catherine laughed. "You are so selfish that you want me all to yourself." 

"And what if it's true." Layton approached her again, staring down at her with those deep blue eyes, the usual chill in them present yet tinted with emotion she couldn't read. He had never looked at her like that....

"What if I want you all to myself." 

Her laughter dyed down. Who was this man and what had he done to the arrogant boss she knew? He was so close she could feel his warm breath against her skin. 

"You've been testing my patience too much, spitfire." 

Catherine gasped. His arms suddenly wrapped firmly around her. In a quick motion he had her swept off her feet, one hand placed on her back and other curled under her legs. His muscles strained with her weight, pressing through the neat dress shirt. She barely had time to recover when he already had her placed in his car. 

"If you need to puke, hold. I won't stand you junking up my car." Layton said. He leaned over, bucking the seat belt for her. His scent wafted over her with faint note of alcohol. He was completely sober, at least compared to her. A sin thing, she mused when the door on her side shut and he rounded the car to get into the driver's seat. 

The ride was mostly silent and just as violent as the previous ones. 

Does he ever release the gas pedal?

Her occasional complains about the evening ending so soon fell of deaf ears. He didn't even look at her until they were back into the safety of his apartment. It was dark and silent. 

Catherine hadn't realized how much alcohol she had consumed. It was only now that the funny feelings begun to take effect. 

"You didn't even let me say goodbye." She whined.

Layton had become her wall of support. The woman leaned heavily against him as he helped her up to her bedroom. "You smell good..." She murmured, burying her face in the crook of his neck. 

"You're drunk. Not that I have to state the obvious. Go to sleep, we have some business to take care of tomorrow and I won't be babysitting you then." He said, voice husky and oddly seductive to her ears. 

Stupid alcohol...

It made the man seem all that more appealing. 

"You're so mean. You treat me like I'm a unwanted child." 

"I wouldn't if you didn't act the part." Layton sat her down on the bed, tired sigh escaping past his lips. This woman was such a hassle. But he couldn't bring himself to be mad. 

"I don't understand why you don't just ditch me...like the rest of them." Catherine murmured, laying atop the soft mattress. the look in her eyes was distant, sad. "My parents didn't want me. Foster-parents didn't want me....So why do you do?" She gazed up at him, brave enough to expect an answer. 

"I don't know." Layton sat down besides her. She reminded him of lost girl, pretending to be strong and fierce, but behind that mask hid a scared child seeking help. 

"Will you...stay?" 

The uttered words came as a shock for both of them. Her mouth moved before her brain did. It didn't matter, though.She wanted him to stay and her drunken state only helped to express that. Of all people, she desired the arrogant, rich bastard to comfort her. At least for one night. 

"You're such a pain in the ass, Cavenon." Layton groaned, but he didn't leave. Instead, he leaned over her. "I don't think you realize what you just asked for." 

His lips brushed hers. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding.The world fell away with all rational thoughts. Her fingers slithered into his thick black hair, tugging lightly as he claimed her lips. His tongue intruded her mouth, meeting her own in a fight for dominance. The kiss was wet and needful, one that left the two of them breathless. 

She wanted, no, needed more. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
2.1K 10 31
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence and will move fast. He pulls me closer leaving no space between us. "We can't...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
2.9M 74.8K 40
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...