Fearless (Bellamy Blake - Boo...

By Summer_Girl365

Bellamy smirks, "Maybe we should be calling you princess." "Princess?" I scoff. "Bellamy Blake, I'm the fucki... More

CopyrightΒ©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Author's Note: End
Hopeless - book 2

Chapter 91

2K 48 7
By Summer_Girl365

It's dawn when Octavia runs over to Bellamy and I, both of us still standing outside the drop ship waiting for Raven to confirm a way to sneak inside.

"I just heard Murphy has Jasper," she says, slightly breathless.

"Yeah. South foxhole done?" Bellamy asks, as if psychopaths holding your friends for ransom was an everyday occurrence.

"What?" Octavia looks between myself and her brother. "Bellamy my friend's in there with a killer!"

Bellamy leans closer to her, "O, look around. No one's working. If the Grounders attack right now we're all dead—"

Octavia sighs before Bellamy has even finished talking and moves around us, yelling at the drop ship, "Murphy!"

Bellamy sighs and watches her with annoyance whilst I watch with curiosity. The most similar thing between the Blake siblings is the loyalty they have for the people they love. I admire that about both of them.

"Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead!"

"Octavia! Octavia I got this."

"Really?" She spins to face her brother with a hard look, "because it doesn't look like either of you are doing a thing about it."

"Hey," Raven quickly approaches us and keeps her voice low, "you were right. There's a loose panel on the back, if I can pop it we can get in through the floor."

Bellamy looks over at me and I nod, so he nods at Raven, "good. Do it."

Raven scurries off and Octavia suddenly looks like she regrets her previous statement. "Sorry," she whispers.

Bellamy looks at her and nods as she steps away. He looks over at me, studying me.

"You okay?"

"You're about to become a psychopath's hostage," I say to him, "so no, not really."

Bellamy smiles slightly, trying to ease the tense situation. "If I didn't know better, I'd take that as a sign that you care about me, Chris."

I'm quiet for a moment, deliberating. This might be the last time I ever see Bellamy Blake again.

"I do care about you," I admit quietly, never taking my eyes away from his. "More than I care to admit. More than I even...know."

Aware of the large crowd of delinquents standing only a few feet away from us, his sister included, Bellamy bravely steps closer towards me and tentatively takes my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over my fingers. The action, small but with so much meaning, causes my stomach to flutter.

Standing this close to one another I'm reminded of the slight height difference between us—my eyes can see over his shoulders, but I have to tilt my head back to look into his eyes.

"I know how much I care about you," he whispers, his brown eyes searching mine eagerly. "It's a feeling I didn't even know I was capable of...until I met you." Bellamy sighs and looks down at dirt between our feet. "This is something we need to talk about. Properly, I mean."

My entire body aches to wrap my arms around Bellamy, to hold him close to me, to press my lips against his...

But I don't, because I decide to do what I always do, and push those emotions down, burying them for another day.

"We'll talk when you walk out of that drop ship alive. With Jasper beside you and Murphy lying inside with a bullet in his skull."

Bellamy's lips twitch up into a small smile at my brutality and he nods slowly as he pulls his hand away from mine. "Deal."

I try to smile back, try to believe the scenario I just told him. But I can't, because there's a large part of me that is convinced Bellamy won't be walking out of that drop ship.

He looks down at the ground for a moment before licking his lips nervously and bringing the walkie-talkie up to his mouth.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me. All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack—I can't let that happen."

"Yeah, well in case you hadn't noticed you're not exactly in control right now." Murphy's aggravating voice comes out through the talkie, causing my eyes to narrow.

Bellamy looks expectantly at the drop ship ahead of us, as if he's imagine Murphy's expression. "Come on, Murphy. You don't wanna hurt Jasper, you want to hurt me."

I start to pace again, chewing on one of my fingernails as I go over the possible scenarios of how this could play out.

It could either work to our advantage—unlike most plans of ours—and both Bellamy and Jasper make it out alive or Murphy kills Jasper before Bellamy has a chance to get him out...or both of them could die inside, in which case I would happily storm the drop ship and feel no remorse when taking Murphy's life.

Crazy, the things you're willing to do for the people you love.

"So what do you say?" Bellamy continues, walking over to where I've stopped pacing. He stands in front of me and looks directly into my eyes. "How about you trade him for me?"

I can feel the defeated expression that falls onto my face, especially when Octavia grabs her brother's arm.

"No!"

Bellamy shrugs his sister's hand off him. "All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take his place."

There's a tense silence as Murphy thinks this through. The entire ordeal makes me feel sick.

"How?" I can almost hear the smirk in his voice and shake my head in frustration.

"Bellamy, if you do this...he'll kill you."

Bellamy looks down at his sister with a grave expression. "If I don't, he'll kill Jasper." He takes a breath before talking into to Murphy again, "simple. You open the door, I walk in, he walks out."

There's another silence, then a hiss of air as the ramp to the ship starts to open up, all the gunners springing to life and aiming at the entrance.

"Just you Bellamy!" Murphy yells from inside. "Unarmed! Ten seconds, or I'll put one in Jasper's leg!"

Bellamy hands me the walkie-talkie, and his axe to one of the guys standing nearby as Murphy starts counting.

"We'll find a way to get you out," Octavia says to him.

"I can handle Murphy." Bellamy says strongly, his hand grasps mine. "Get everyone back to work, Grounders are still coming."

Bellamy gives my hand one last reassuring squeeze before retracting his own, walking towards the ramp. I can't help but feel like Bellamy just pulled a piece of me away with him as he walks away as a sinking feeling burrows in my stomach.

"Five!"

"I'm here."

Murphy stops counting, and Bellamy takes a deep breath before jumping up on the ramp and taking two strides past the tent covering the entry. Barely a moment passes before a body is thrown out of the drop ship, Jasper rolling into the mud at our feet.

When the hiss of air sounds and the ramp starts to rise, I feel my heart beat louder as my hands clam up. Octavia crouches down to remove the gag from Jasper's mouth, and that's when I throw aside the walkie-talkie and rush to cling onto the ramp. I pull my body up, mentally cursing my lack of upper-body strength, swinging my legs over with a grunt and letting my body slide down the metal.

I'm tangled in the tent for only a moment before I push it aside and jump to my feet, seeing two shocked faces staring back at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3K 27
Close Abnegation friends, Amalia and Tobias, find themselves slitting their palms over the sizzling coals of Dauntless. Will leaving home truly be fo...
208K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
98.7K 2K 35
The delinquents thought their fight was over, but it had only just begun. Jovie realizes in order to save her friends she will have to do things that...
139K 2.7K 49
Katherine Kane was born on the Ark, a space station that was home to the last surviving members of the human race. Being the trouble-making kid of Ma...