The Omega's Savior

By thriving-13

"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of t... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
Author's note!!!
59
60
61
62
Epilogue
Note!
Tapas

18

65.4K 2.8K 1.1K
By thriving-13

"I'm craving steak," Calix said, pulling Kegan's attention from the novel he was reading.

Kai had returned an hour after Astra fell asleep and Kegan left the room so the two could relax together. Once he did that, he ran into Tali who showed him where the library was after asking if he was bored and if he liked to read.

In the Red Claw pack, novels weren't available to a him, but Kegan had been taught by the other Omegas how to read using picture books. In the short time he spent in the North River pack, since he was stuck in Leon's room the whole time, Kegan had developed his skills and learned that he loved the books he found.

They were all romance novels, nothing that he thought Leon would read, but it wasn't his place to judge or ask.

"Do you want me to make you some?" Kegan asked, placing his book on the couch's side table and standing up. "I know I haven't cooked for you before, but my marks were high in the Red Claw pack and-"

Calix shushed him, not wanting him to spiral off into an anxious tangent. "I'm not asking you to make me dinner, Kegan," he said, handing the book back to Kegan so he could continue reading. "I wanted to know if you like steak so I can make it. Trust me, my mother would never forgive me if I didn't treat my Omega and feed him."

Kegan took the book back hesitantly and tried to survey Calix's face. He knew that Calix probably wouldn't hurt him from what he'd learned so far, but that didn't excuse the duties he needed to complete as an Omega. All he'd been taught was that it's his responsibility to appease his Alpha, despite the kindness he'd been shown.

He was surprised he hadn't been punished or scolded by Calix for yelling at Kai earlier. Even if Kai was forgiving, Calix should've been upset with Kegan for insulting his Beta.

"Are you sure?" Kegan asked, knowing he shouldn't second guess it attempt to correct his Alpha.

Calix sighed and walked over to Kegan, lifting the tense Omega into his lap. "How long is it going to take you to understand that no Alpha here is going to harm you?" he asked, hugging Kegan despite how nervous the Omega was.

Kegan didn't respond, not wanting to disappoint Calix.

"Kegan?"

"...I don't have an answer, Alpha," Kegan muttered, breathing a sigh of relief when Calix let go of him. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Calix answered, though it was obvious he was hurt that Kegan couldn't trust him. "I'm going to go get things prepped for dinner."

"Do you want me to help?"

"If you'd like, but it's up to you. Don't feel obligated," Calix said, walking to the kitchen. "You can join me and sit on the counter and read your book."

Kegan followed him and hopped up on the kitchen's island, opening his novel to the page he left off. He couldn't pay much attention to his reading, though, since Calix was extremely chaotic in the kitchen. He didn't seem to know what he was doing, rummaging through cabinets and pulling out random things before scoffing and putting them away.

"Calix?" Kegan asked, drawing the attention of his mate.

Calix turned away from his confused shuffling and faced Kegan. "Yes, love?"

"I mean no offense... have you ever cooked before?" he asked, looking at the mess that Calix was leaving all over the counter.

"You can't tell I'm a top chef?"

Kegan's heart dropped. "I'm... I didn't know, I'm sorry, it just seemed disorganized and-"

Calix started laughed softly, shocking Kegan. "It was a joke, Kegan. I didn't mean to scare you, it was a joke," he promised. "Lys usually does the cooking, but she's working today so Kai often takes over, but she's not going to be able to right now."

"Uh... do you mind if I help out?"

"As long as you'd like to."

Kegan set down his book and began to gather the ingredients he could use. He grabbed brussel sprouts and potatoes before taking the steak and cutting open a few limes and squeezing them into the bowl.

"Do you have any tequila?" Kegan asked, making Calix raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I've got better alcohol."

Kegan laughed softly. "It's for the marinade."

"The hell is a marinade?"

"It's like a liquid to give meat flavor," Kegan said, feeling more comfortable in the kitchen with Calix watching and admiring his every move. "Do you ever use one?"

"I'm sure Lys does, but I don't. I cook sometimes when no one else is around but it's always kinda flavorless and really dry," Calix said, handing the alcohol to Kegan and watching him pour it into a bowl and add the lime.

He then added chopped garlic and put the steak in the fridge.

"Do you want to help?" Kegan asked hesitantly, not sure if that was the right thing to say.

He was shocked when Calix jumped to attention, nodding excitedly. "What do you need?" he asked, ready to help.

"Could you cut the sprouts in half and put them on a sheet pan with some bacon? I've already turned on the oven," Kegan said, and Calix immediately started on the task.

Kegan then started to peel and chop up the potatoes before pouring oil in a heavy, deep pot on the stove. "Can I make some fries? Do you like those?"

Calix nodded. "Yeah, who doesn't?!"

Kegan didn't respond, proceeding with his cooking.

They finished an hour later and Calix began to put food onto his plate and sat down, waiting for Kegan to do the same. He was shocked when Kegan sat down without any food in front of him.

"Where's your food?" Calix asked.

"I'm not allowed to eat that stuff," Kegan muttered, hanging his head.

Calix furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you have allergies?"

Kegan shook his head.

"Are you hungry?"

A short nod was given in response.

"Then why can't you eat it? I want you to eat, you made a delicious meal, so why can't you?"

"Omegas can't eat food meant for Alphas. We're not worth the money that goes to a steak and fries are far too fatty and will ruin the skinniness that an Omega is meant to have," he said, not daring to make eye contact.

Calix growled at that. "I need you to take everything you've ever learned from your old packs and get rid of it. I don't care if you weigh three hundred pounds or if you're eating a filet every night!" he snapped, angry with the other packs for degrading his mate to the point where he refused to eat. "Go get yourself food and eat. Now."

Kegan obeyed, but served himself small portions and ate quickly as if someone was going to take it away if he didn't.

"He's not going to take your food," Jade promised, breaking the silence he'd kept most of the day, since the pair didn't have much to talk about.

"Ask for more," Jade said once he'd finished.

"I don't want to make him mad."

"Then I'm telling Zakai."

"Go get more," Calix said before Kegan could stop Jade, having listened to Zakai repeat Jade's concerns for Kegan's hunger.

Usually Kegan would say that it's his job to feed Calix, but one look at the angry Alpha made him fall silent. He was about to serve himself the same small portions, but Calix appeared behind him and began to serve him larger portions of his food.

"C-Calix?"

"You don't have to eat all of it," Calix said, taking Kegan's plate and guiding him back to the table. "But I want you to eat until you're full."

Kegan nodded and began to eat slowly while Calix watched him, making sure he wasn't going to try to throw it away.

Once he finished, Calix took the plate away and started on the dishes before Kegan could.

"I can-"

"No," Calix said simply, almost daring him to try to fight back. "Go to our room, please. We're going to talk about your old packs."

"No, please, I don't want to talk about-"

Calix's eyes flashed gold and he snarled at Kegan. "That wasn't a suggestion, it was a statement. We are talking once I finish the dishes."

Kegan whimpered and ran off toward the bedroom, climbing onto the mattress and burying himself under the blankets. The last time he'd disobeyed an Alpha and was sent to their room, he ended up with cuts filled with wax.

He pulled up his pant legs and looked at the scars, tears in his eyes. He didn't think Calix would hurt him, but for some reason, talking about what he'd been through was more daunting than a physical punishment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702K 19.9K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
5.2M 277K 83
Oliver's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist and one of them is his mate, but things get dangerous when he starts to learn mo...
2.1M 77.4K 28
Berlin Cahill has always been different. He was the smallest of the bunch from the beginning. When he did not shift at the age of 13, as all werewolv...
149K 6.1K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...