CEO FROM HELL

By GabrielaSalvatore0

*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enoug... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
EPILOGUE
A NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 20

13.6K 719 30
By GabrielaSalvatore0

Silence hung heavy in the air. Pride had won the inner debate. She had made her grand speech and no curious question could force her lips to part. Her eyes found just about everything to be interesting as long as it wasn't the man she had to make the awkward flight back to Seattle with. 

From time to time she felt his gaze land on her, burning her skin. At times she even caught glimpse of his lips parting as if he was about to say something, but no words ever came out. Both too stubborn to make the first step. 

The flight attendants were careful around the two, offering drinks and snacks only from safe distance. The two poor ladies got their fare share of glares from both parties. Catherine could hardly blame them for being wary. Anyone with common sense could feel the bubble of anger building around them. 

The car ride was equally awkward, only this time Layton didn't have a computer and his eyes were constantly on her. 

"You can just dumb me on the next corner." Catherine finally spoke, hoping the driver would catch her words before Layton did. Another minute under his scrutinizing gaze and she would jump out of the car with little care of it stopping. 

"That won't be necessary. You're going to live with me from now on." 

"Huh?" There was a moment where Catherine's face washed blank with confusion, like her brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to take in the information. "I ain't going to live with you-" 

"You know too much. It's too dangerous for you to return to that rotten place." Layton explained calmly, silently savoring the moment before she went livid. "I already arranged your tings to be moved to my apartment." 

Catherine was at lost for words. She had just processed everything she found out yesterday and now, her life had taken another turn! That man had no human side. He was a devil...a sin. Her life had performed a massive flip. There was nothing left from what she knew, all thanks to the handsome raven haired man sitting by her side. 

Arguing was pointless. Inwardly she was screaming and yelling on top of her lungs, but all that came out was a long, tired sigh. She was exhausted from lack of sleep and overwhelming events. All night she spend pacing the room, thinking, fuming and panicking and now it was catching up. Her eyes were still puffy from crying. She felt helpless. 

"Why am I even surprised..." She murmured, forehead pressing up against the cold window. The chill it offered cleared her head as more familiar streets of Seattle rushed by.Towering homes of concrete created a grey blur that zinged past them. Somehow the view made it easier to disregard Layton's intense gaze. She felt him looking, not a single word exchanged until they finally stopped near an impressive skyscraper in downtown. 

The impressive building was similar to one Layton's office was located in, only this one was made for people to live in, a bit surprising that he needed that considering how much time he spent in the office. 

Catherine trailed after the devilish man, taking in every curve of the apartment complex. It oozed luxury, endless rows of glass and steel shining in the evening sun. 

Before long, she was presented with your cliche rich bachelor apartment. Clean, modern with very few personal belongings. Grey and black dominated the interior, clearly lacking woman's touch. 

"Your room is upstairs."Layton instructed, tossing his suit jacket onto the leather couch. 

"I am not sharing a bedroom with you." Catherine frowned, hesitant to take a step further than the front corridor. 

"I have a guest bedroom. All your belongings should be there." Layton paused, giving her a long look. "Dress in something comfortable." 

"Why?" 

"There's something I want to show you." 

Puzzled look crossed her features, her muscles not giving up the tension that had made home there since yesterday evening. 

"Don't look so terrified." Layton sighed. "Just do as I say." 

"Okay, okay. Don't be so bossy." Catherine grumbled, grumpy that the sweet dream of finally hitting the bed was fading away. 

The room Layton had pointed her to was just as luxurious and empty as the rest of the flat, save for the pile of her stuff left onto the bed. It wasn't much.Some change of clothes and hygiene products. Though of someone digging through her underwear drawer had her cheeks pink. 

These people have no sense of privacy.

She quickly washed her face and put on fresh clothes. Still far from looking like a decent human being, but this was the best she could do. Her overly pale skin and dark bags under her eyes could spook even a ghost back into the grave. 

Layton was already waiting for her downstairs, dressed in a casual black t-shirt and pair of matching jeans. This was the first time she saw him wearing anything that wasn't a suit. His hair was slightly messy, having grown tad longer since the first time she met him. He looked like a hot bad boy you would see in Hollywood movies. 

The steely gaze hadn't changed, though. After all this time, it was still hard to get used to his piecing sea blue eyes. 

"Let's go."

Why his every word has to sound like an order?

"Where are we going?" Catherine questioned as they left the apartment, her tired self struggling to keep up with his fast pace. 

"You'll see." 

I have a bad feeling about this....

An elevator took them down to an underground parking lot. If someone stole all the cars parked there, they would be rich on instant. Just about every fancy car brand could be found there. Catherine couldn't help ogling at a black Ferrari they passed by. This was madness! How could people get that much money!? 

"Stop staring and get in." Layton spoke up from behind her, making her flinch. 

"Get in where?" 

"The Ferrari you dumbass." 

"It's yours?!" Catherine nearly shouted, not bothered by Layton's frown. 

"Yes, it's mine. I wanted to go for something less flashy, but since you keep staring at it..." 

Less flashy....that means he has more cars!?

"Can you even drive? I though people do it for you." Catherine circled the car, careful not touch it. God forbid she scratched it, no salary could possibly cover the expenses! 

"It's only for work." Layton started the engine, mighty roar echoing through the parking lot. She barely had enough time to buckle up before he stomped on the gas pedal and sent the car flying down the narrow space. 

I'm going to die young!

Catherine clung onto her seat as they sped away. The car swiftly cruised down the road,reflecting the setting sun. 

"Slow down you maniac! Some of us aren't immortal!" The poor girl exclaimed, gripping onto her seat belt. 

"I'm not immortal." 

He just completely ignored my point!

A small smirk came onto his face, eyes sill fixed onto the road. Layton looked like he was enjoying himself and Catherine's screaming as well. He was purposely taking those corners faster than he should, her protests like music to his ears. 

The air had been so heavy and now it seemed almost...playful. Eventually she got used to Layton's reckless driving. He still refused to tell her where they were going no matter how hard she pried. The sun had gone down when the car rolled to a stop, miles from city. 

"We'll be there soon." Layton announced, getting out from the car. Catherine followed the suit,dubious. It wasn't everyday that she went on a road trip with a dangerous sin. 

They were in some sort of park. It might've been pretty during the day, but in the dark it looked rather creepy. She quickly caught up to Layton up a small incline. 

"Where is this exact-" She cut herself off. Her breath caught in her throat when a glamorous view of Seattle came in sight. From the hill they could see the entire city glow up in contrast of velvety darkness. Millions of lights reached as far as eye could see, glimmering and illuminating the ubiquitous buildings. It was stunning. 

"Wow...." She sighed, amazed. "It's so beautiful." 

"I know." Layton agreed. His expression was...gentler...than it usually was. Relaxed. 

They took a seat on nearby bench, her eyes peeled on the scenery. "Do you come here often?" 

"I come here to think." He replied, giving her a brief glance.

"It's a cool place to think. I had only my rotten apartment." Catherine chuckled bitterly, recalling how he had named the only place she could afford. 

She was still mad, but in such a nice place she couldn't bring herself to think about it. For once she wanted some peace. 

"I'm sorry." 

Her eyes widened. Did she just hear things? 

Did he just...apologize!?

"What did you just say?" A wide smile bloomed on her lips. So miracles did happen! 

"You heard me. I won't repeat myself." Layton frowned, looking away from her. It could be the trick of her eyes, but she could've sworn his ears turned a shade of pink. 

Catherine grinned ear to ear. She had just made Layton Grim blush. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 191K 40
"He'd pay me two grand a month to sleep with me?" "No. He'd pay you two grand a 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬." ... Maggie is a college student working as a stripper in L...
768K 17.3K 81
With both of his hands to either side of me, he leaned closer, less than an inch away from my ear. I felt him take a breath and the hairs on the back...
23.4K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...
678 9 10
"Your body belongs to me, Kitten." He rasped out, cold index finger reaching out to trace over my fluttering pulse. I took an hesitant step backwards...