Grim Reaper's Handmaiden [Gri...

By Kuppuruchi

As a human, I've always wondered what's life after death. It's always there at the back of my mind. Will I as... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 5

3.1K 111 46
By Kuppuruchi

A/N: Hi guys! It's the first Gyth's POV and I hope you like it :D It starts from when Chevel came from the bathroom(in case you're confused) Thank you so much for all the love <3
--

Gyth’s POV

I leaned back on my chair as I check the summary document of deaths over the last month.

10,078 deaths in total and 32 from the city I’m appointed to.

I sighed heavily, throwing my hands up the air in frustration.

“Why do I need to be the one doing this?” I muttered to myself tossing the darn file to the desk.

The king appointed me as the head of the grim reapers. It is my duty to summarize the reports of all reapers that needs to be delivered to him every last day of the month.

I inhaled deeply as my eyes shifted towards the file underneath the ones I’ve thrown.

Name: Chevel Strange
Cause of death: Hit and run

I straightened my back while looking at her file. My eyes whipped at the calendar, 31st of March.

She’s the last count of death in her city.

My gaze suddenly shifted towards the motionless figure standing beside the bathroom floor.

I noticed the nightgown she’s wearing fit her perfectly, showing the notable features of her body.

“You can take your rest.” I said and proceeded to finish the summary document that I needed to submit to the king within a short time.

I organized the documents neatly after making a mess out of them, which happens every time I make the summary document.

My attention suddenly averted towards Chevel sitting at the window seat, her eyes fixated on the moon.

I can’t help but be drawn towards her beautiful silver hair. It became more captivating as the moon shone over every strand.

I was quite skeptical about telling her my name since I don't remember anything about my waking life.

Who was Gyth Maxwell?

Only my fellow reapers and the king and his familiars call me by that name. No human and lowly demons ever called me by it nor did they asked for it.

It was her, the only human who dared to ask for my name.

Not long till she drifted her eyes towards mine. I squinted my eyes, noticing that her eyes were the same color as her hair.

The uneasiness on her eyes was evident. She looked down holding her hands together, leaving me with a tinge of disappointment for not allowing me to further examine her eyes.

I stood up from my seat, making my way to sit on the bed. I continued on observing her hair after settling down.

She shifted her gaze towards my desk and shortly scanned the room in panic.

Soon, her eyes finally met mine on the bed, her hands visibly shaking.

I guess she’s terrified of me. Well, she should be.

She briefly looked away for a second, almost making my blood boil caused by the desire of wanting to savor the beauty of her eyes dyed in silver, that she's depriving me of doing so.

“W-what is it?” She stuttered.

I squinted at her sudden question as I walked slowly towards her, not taking off my gaze on her eyes.

“Your eyes..” I said, as I reached over her, my hand making its way towards her face.

She flinched almost immediately stopping me for a second.

I continued as I caressed the skin sitting below her eye, carefully observing the glints of silver in it that never failed to captivate me.

I averted my attention towards her hair, stunningly glowing underneath the moonlight.

“And your hair..” I murmured. I drifted my hand away from her hair after noticing her heavy breathing.

“I’ve never once seen a hair and eye pigment this beautiful.” I said in all honesty, caressing the strands of her hair for the last time.

“Do you.. maybe have an idea why they’ve become silver?” Chevel asked. I shook my head in response and headed back to the bed.

“Not that I know of. Humans who first arrived here ultimately has no changes in their appearances.” I said, leaning against the headboard of the bed.

“It happens only after reincarnation. And the changes by then are massive as you can see.” I added, spotting the evident worry in her eyes.

“You don’t have to worry about it. You seem fine.” I said reassuring her. She nodded, yet her eyes say otherwise.

“Not to mention how beautiful they are to say the least.” I said truthfully, staring at her glinting eyes then towards the beautiful strands of silver flowing at her face.

“You should get some rest.” I said, noticing her tired stature.

I began fixing the left side of the bed where the window is upon recalling how much she likes looking out the window.

“You like the window right? You can sleep on the left side.” I offered, settling down on the right side of the bed.

I don’t mind her sleeping on my bed at all. It’s more than big enough for me anyway.

“T-that’s fine. I’ll sleep here. But thank you..” She said, gently stroking the sheets of the window seat.

I sighed in disbelief. She pretty much rejected the offer of being able to sleep on a bed.

“Okay then.” I said, picking up the spare pillow and blanket next to me and handing them to her.

I glanced towards her, a hint of uncertainty visibly showing in her eyes.

“Goodnight.” I said, returning to the bed.

I immediately pressed the switch on the table lamp signaling the lights to turn off.

The room instantly went black, the way I want it to be. The darkness puts my mind at ease.

“M-my name’s Chevel Strange.” She muttered all of a sudden, staring through my eyes.

She must’ve thought that I didn’t know her name. Or maybe she wants me to call her by her name. Her unexpected statement left me confused.

“Well then, goodnight Chevel.” I smirked upon seeing the flush on her cheeks.

“Goodnight..” She replied hesitantly, as I lied down the bed.

Thoughts flooded my mind hindering my much-needed sleep. My mind is occupied with all the errands the king has been giving me.

After quite a while, I pushed myself up with my hands and checked Chevel.

She’s sleeping peacefully, her arms wrapped around the pillow I gave her earlier. Fortunately, she’s coping well.

I walked outside the room, closing the door silently as to not wake her up.

I made my way towards the basement where my vast wine collection is. The only thing that I can say that I actually like.

I grabbed a bottle and settled myself on the chair. I reached for the glass on top of the table and poured myself some wine.

As the wine neared my mouth, the aroma that filled my nostrils planted a smile on my lips. The purplish liquid began flooding my mouth, leaving me satisfied.

I walked back to my room after finishing two glasses of wine, just enough for me to be able to sleep somehow.

As soon as I stepped foot inside, an unfamiliar shadow caught my attention.

“P-please..” I heard Chevel pleading. I sprinted towards her and the shadow disappeared before I could even see who it was.

I turned towards Chevel, she’s still has her eyes closed but her cheeks are filled with tears. I sighed in annoyance, knowing who did this.

Damn incubuses

“Chevel..” I muttered, sitting beside her. I slowly reached for her face, trying not to startle her.

The touch of my hand promptly woke her up. She pushed herself against the maroon curtain, holding the pillow tightly in her arms with fright in her eyes.

Her gaze then darted towards mine as her breathing gets heavier each second.

“T-there was a man.. A-and..” She stuttered, tears falling down her face.

I don’t know but the fear and sadness in her face somehow left a throbbing pain in my chest. I couldn’t help but feel bad for her.

“Chevel. It’s alright now.” I said as softly as I could, trying to console her with the little knowledge I have of it.

I tried approaching her hands with mine but as soon as she flinched, I knew that I shouldn’t.

“I-I’m sorry..” She said as soon as she calmed down a bit. I raised a brow at the words she uttered.

I can’t comprehend why she would be sorry. It’s clear that she was the victim in this situation.

“Don’t worry it won’t come back anymore.” I assured her as she nodded and laid back down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 362 30
γ«γ‚ˆγ£γ¦ζ›Έγ‹γ‚ŒγŸβ•Άβ”ˆ βœ„ Azura Lynx ✧ Warning I haven't watched/played the whole game so it'll like mostly be OOC (out of character) and Spoiler alert! I'm a m...
164K 6.1K 55
Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run from it. And some people end up actually n...
714 16 20
You have just died,you wake up in hell?Well you expected to go and end up in hell anyways so it didn't matter to you.You had a chance to redeem yours...
742 37 34
"Everybody's got a dark side. Can you love me? Can you love mine?" -Kelly Clarkson - Dark Side I could never escape my past. It was always there ha...