I Will Be There Once More (Ed...

By SadMissWorld

*COMPLETED* Lily is a california girl about to finish college, dealing with constant anxiety and fear caused... More

Author's note and disclaimer
1. LA to the Moon
2. Once
3. Go
5. A stroke of luck
6. California Dreaming
7. Gorgeous
8. Oceans
9. New Year's Day
10. Hard feelings/Loveless
11. Moonage Daydream
12. Better man
13. Hunger Strike
14. Call It What You Want
15. Keen on Boys
16. The Only Ones Who Know
17. Someone To Spend Time With
18. So Kiss Me
19. Willing and Able
20. Just Like Heaven
21. Singles
22. Sweet Nothing
23. Violet
24. Under The Bridge
25. The 1
26. Heaven Tonight
27. Music To Watch Boys To
28. King Of My Heart
29. Lucky Strike (Part 1)
30. Lucky Strike (Part 2)
31. Holiday
32. Love On The Brain
33. What A Girl Wants
34. Fuck It, I Love You
35. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
36. Talk To Me In Songs And Poems
37. Someday You Will Ache Like I Ache
38. Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness
39. Light Years
40. I Will Be There Once More
✨ Thank You ✨

4. Stargazer

1K 40 116
By SadMissWorld

Next morning we woke up early and we headed to the UW, where I had to fill a lot of papers and then wait in a small office with a lot of people running around the place. Chris sat next to me the whole time, and while there were some ladies who would give him a disapproval look because of his aspect, there were other young women that would just literally gawk at him, a fact that made me laugh a little, because he was so lost reading a magazine that he didn't notice all of this.

"Lillian Frances Marie Waldorf?" An old lady said loud and clear, getting my attention.

"Oh, it's me..." I said clumsily and I went to her desk.

There, she explained me about my schedule and when I was supposed to start my classes; as a last semester student I only had three subjects to attend and luckily it was in the mornings just from Monday to Thursday. That was perfect, because that meant I could look for a part-time job while finishing the school, and that literally made my day, so I thanked this lady and went back to Chris.

"Let's go" I said, smiling.

"That's it?" He asked me a little bit surprised.

"Yeah, you wanna hang out here a little bit more?" I asked curious.

"No... It's just... it was kinda quick" He said, standing and starting to walk.

"Quick? We arrived at 10 a.m. it's 3 in the afternoon" I said a he just chuckled.

"Well... time flew to me. By the way... three middle names?" He asked surprised and laughing a little.

"Don't you dare to make fun of me... it was my mother's idea"

"It's ok, I never said it was wrong... sounds... fancy"

"Come on" I said laughing a little while he was doing the same.

"I mean it... I thought you were just Lily... but now I find out you're Lillian... Lillian..." He whispered to himself my name with an expression on his face as if he was thinking of something, and then continued "Lillian... it's a very pretty name... if someday I have a daughter... would you let me name her like that?"

"W-what? Yes, of course! I mean... it's a free country you can use this name as you please... you don't have to ask"

"Oh but I want to, it's your name and I just found out today"

"Well, you have my permission"

"Cool" He said smiling.

We went back to his car and then we arrived at his place, where we finally had lunch. After the meal he asked me if I wanted to go to see Andy or I would wait until next day, but I really wanted to see my friends so I told him we should visit them as soon as possible.

He drove again, now for about 15 minutes until we arrived to this simple but pleasant complex with just a few apartments; I followed Chris until he stopped outside a door and knocked twice, waiting for someone to open it, and suddenly there he was: this crazy and charismatic blonde that made everything brighter.

"OMG! YOU'RE HERE!" Andy shouted in excitement as soon as he opened the door and saw me. I smiled widely and just hugged him very tight.

"You bet that... and I'm not going anywhere so you have to put up with me again" I said still hugging him.

"That's always been my job isn't it?" He said in a funny way and then greeted Chris, who closed the door as we went to his living room.

I was surprised to see some unfamiliar faces sitting there, of course Chris greeted them naturally, but luckily for me the mystery ended when Andy spoke again.

"Guys, I need your attention please... I would like you to meet Lillian Waldorf, known as Lily and one of my best friends of all times" He said with pride in his voice.

"Hi" I said shyly and barely looking at them and instantly I heard a grupal "Hello".

"This is Greg, our drummer" Andy said, as we greeted each other. "These are Bruce and Jeff... Bruce is one of the guitarist and Jeff is our bassist" They greeted me as I did the same "And last but not least... this is Stone, also a guitarist" Andy finished, and I looked at this guy who was very well good-looking, but my instant infatuation lost its effect in less than 10 seconds, thanks to him.

"Hello... so you must be unapproachable Lily" He said in a serious-kinda-funny but obviously derogatory way, that didn't seem funny to me or the rest of the people in that house.

"Stone..." The guy named Jeff (who seemed to be embarrassed by this) said in a judging  way to his partner.

"What?" He answered to Jeff and then added, looking at me "I mean, you're THAT LILY right? The one who didn't like Chris" He asked in the most mocking way.

"Well now we're friends" Chris added in a cool way, trying to "calm" this guy.

"Well that's nice... I hope we'll be friends too, Miss Lily" He said to me with that stupid cocky smile.

"Yeah well don't hope too much cuz I don't think you're gonna have the same luck" I answered sharply as I heard the whole room filled with lots of "Uuuhhhhhhh" from the guys.

My cheeks were burning but I didn't regret a single bit.

"She destroyed you, man... but you had that coming" Bruce said.

"I already like you, thanks for appearing in the scene" Jeff added, laughing.

Of course I wasn't satisfied, Stone was looking at me with a grin across his face... that's what he wanted in the first place, to make me angry. That little bastard got what he wanted and I was feeling worst.

"Anyway... Where's Adrien?" I asked to clear a little bit the tension.

"Oh, he went out with Sarah... but he'll be here anytime soon. You're gonna stay here tonight or are you going to wait until tomorrow to move in?" Andy asked me.

"I think... I'll stay in Chris' place just for tonight... if you don't mind" I said, looking at Chris.

"Not at all, you can stay all the time you want" He said smiling and I answered with a serious "Thanks" because I understood the kind of gazes the rest of the guys were throwing at us at the moment.

Suddenly, I felt like if I was being expose in some way and I needed to disappear a little, so I asked Andy for the toilet and I left them for some minutes... but as noisy as the guys can be, I overheard their conversation, that involved me, of course.

"You like her, right?" I heard Bruce asking.

"What?"

"Come on Chris... you can stay all the time you want... seriously?" Added Jeff.

"I said it with good intention" Chris answered.

"Yeah... the intention to bang her" Greg added and I heard some laughs.

"HEY... show some respect. It's Lily we are talking about" Andy said in a serious way.

"Exactly... please don't talk about her in that way. She's a nice woman" Chris said this time.

"Jeez... you DO like her, right?" I heard Andy saying this time and the laughs appeared again.

"Look... I'm dating Susan and I love my girlfriend. Lillian is a pretty cool woman and she's beautiful and very attractive, but I see her as a younger sister, because she reminds me in some way to my sisters... and I hope she someday can see me as an older brother and know she can count on me... just like she does with you and Adrien" Chris added.

"Shit... that was very emotional" Andy said and everything went silence.

"Got a bad temper but she hot" Stone said, breaking the ice.

"Well I always wanted an older brother and I already have two so... a third one from Seattle wouldn't be so bad" I said smiling at Chris and surprising everyone who hasn't notice I was back in the living room.

I could see the terror in their faces because they knew I've heard the whole conversation, but I continued in a funny way, looking at Stone "And yes, I'm aware I have a bad temper but I'm hot... unluckily for you, you just blew your chance with me... oh wait, you actually never stood a chance" I said laughing and making everybody else to burst in laughter to then make fun of him.

This time the score was tied and that cocky grin of his disappeared.

Before we could continue roasting Stone, Adrien arrived home and I ran towards him to hugged him and talk to him about many things; although I was just knowing Andy's and Adrien's friends I didn't feel so awkward around them (except for Stone) so we had some beers and shared some experiences, like how we met each other.

"So... Have you look for a job yet?" Adrien asked me.

"No... I will start tomorrow after school"

"What would you like?" Jeff asked me.

"Anything to be honest, but maybe I'll try in a museum or a café"

"Have you worked as a waitress?" Bruce asked this time.

"Yeah... but I was thinking more in other thing... I'm also a barista" I said and everyone seemed a little bit surprised.

"That's pretty cool" Chris added, smiling.

"It's pretty easy" I said.

"Hey... uhhmm... do you... do you remember my band?" Adrien said to me.

"Yeah... what happened with that?"

"We don't have a singer and we're looking for one so I was thinking that maybe you-" I cut him off.

"Don't even dream about it"

"Come on! Why not? You have a really good voice" Andy added this time.

"When I left my band in LA I promised myself I wouldn't sing again"

"Wait What? I'm sorry but that's stupid and I don't even knew your band" Jeff added this time.

"Look, we play in this club two days a week with other bands like Andy's and the pay is good... just think about it. Come on, you need the money and we need a singer" Adrien said to me with puppy eyes.

"I... Look, first let me find a part-time job after class and then I'll let you know ok? I also have to focus on what am I gonna do after college, I'm an adult now"

"You can't ignore the music in you Lily and you know it" Andy said.

"Just don't push me"

"Alright, alright... but please consider it" Adrien said and I just nodded.

That night I returned to Chris' place, who told me next day he would pick me up at school to take me out and look for a job, so I thanked him and only hoped my first day at college would be good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 64 18
And she was brought back to reality. Still sitting in the living room, there were no fires blazing, no trees swaying to the sound of the music as the...
5.4K 75 16
•• Chris Cornell ♡ ||"I think it's time for me to let the past go.|| ||"forever?"|| ||"I know someday, you'll have a beautiful life."|| ---- When two...
35.6K 1.5K 45
When a mid western girl moves to Seattle, Washington looking for a fresh start, she has no idea she's placed herself at the forefront of a new moveme...
3.4K 82 14
Annahlise Quinn has had a not so good past with substances and friendship, so her sister, Laura, thinks it's a good idea for her to start afresh in S...