Echo | BNHA x Deltarune/Under...

By JustNadine1273

** Formerly titled "Lebensmüde" ** His world faded to black. All sensation disappeared. The question resonate... More

Chapter 1: A Good Feeling
Chapter 2: Faulty Intuition
Chapter 3: Continue
Chapter 4: Nightmare
Chapter 5: Tomorrow Will Be Tomorrow
Chapter 6: Katsuki
Chapter 7: Awkward
Chapter 8: SAVE
Chapter 9: A 'Friendly' Conversation
Chapter 10: Fresh Air
Chapter 11: Small Talk
Chapter 12: Experiment
Chapter 13: Never Change
Chapter 14: Death
Chapter 15: Turning Around
Chapter 16: Under Pressure
Chapter 17: Sludge
Chapter 18: Bullets
Chapter 19: Rage
Chapter 20: A Good Day
Chapter 21: Home
Chapter 22: Cat Nap
Chapter 23: Hero
Chapter 24: Nerd
Chapter 25: Warning
Chapter 26: Sick
Chapter 27: Scratches
Chapter 28: Sleepless
Chapter 29: Not Yet
Chapter 30: Glass
Chapter 31: Fragile Things
Chapter 32: Visit
Chapter 33: Lonely Places
Chapter 34: Jump
Chapter 35: Hope
Chapter 36: First Day
Chapter 37: Lunch
Chapter 38: Walking
Chapter 40: Recovery Girl
Chapter 41: Scars
Chapter 42: Yup, Re-doing That One
Chapter 43: Surprises
Chapter 44: Unforeseen 'Simulation' Joint
Chapter 45: A Dead Man
Chapter 46: A Problem Child Is Born
Chapter 47: There's a Fine Line Between Honest and Totally Crazy
Chapter 48: Sometimes
Chapter 49: Wimp
Chapter 50: Mummy Man
Chapter 51: Chat
Chapter 52: Oppurtunity
Chapter 53: Freshman Rep
Chapter 54: Do It for the Memes
Chapter 55: Crystal Clear
Chapter 56: Inconsistencies

Chapter 39: Watch Out

852 37 0
By JustNadine1273

It was the last day of the first week of school - Saturday. Izuku had convinced Inko to let him walk to and from school instead of the awkward taxi ride - it's not like she could stop him from walking if he wanted to, anyways. That morning, he was walking with Uraraka, whose house was closest to his and who therefore started her morning around the same time as him.

They were crossing at an intersection - yes, they were following traffic laws, have some trust in them - and were almost to the sidewalk when the brunette yelled.

"WATCH OUT!" She screamed, grabbing Izuku, who was behind her, and practically throwing him onto the sidewalk. A car sped past them, right through where he had been just a moment before. Uraraka closed the small distance between her and the sidewalk, a furious look on her face.

"That asshole just blew a red!" She fumed, holding her hand out for Izuku to grab. "Are you okay?"

Izuku didn't answer right away, still disoriented. He had almost been run over. Was he standing? No, he was on his side, propped up on his elbow. His palms were scratched and dirty, and he felt a pain in his right ankle, which he had twisted at an odd angle when he landed.

"I think so?" He answered, although it was more of a question than anything. Taking her hand, he pulled himself to his feet, wincing and stumbling slightly when he put weight on his right foot. "Okay, maybe not."

"What is it?"

"I think I did something to my ankle," Izuku murmured, letting himself fall back to the ground.

"Do you think it's broken?" The brunette asked, kneeling down next to him.

"No, I've broken bones before. The pain is different, and not as severe. I might have sprained it." He pulled the cloth of his pants up to look at his ankle, and saw that it was beginning to swell and bruise. Poking it, he winced. "Yeah, sprained."

"I'm sure the nurse could fix it; I got a big cut on my arm during a training exercise the other day, and she had it gone in two seconds flat. We're pretty close to the school - do you think you can walk?"

"Maybe... I don't think I can put weight on it."

Uraraka pulled him up, looping his arm around her shoulder so she was holding up whatever part of his weight would have been on his right ankle. She took a few steps forward, and he followed. 

"There. Let's go!"

"Are you sure? I don't want to make us late to class-"

"I'm a hero in training, Midoriya! This is good pratice for me. Even if I can't get us to school on time, you'll have to get a medical pass anyways, and I'm sure if I bring you to the nurse she'll give me a pass too."

"I guess. Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 7.9K 94
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
378K 32.9K 93
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
1M 33.7K 80
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...
381K 12.1K 88
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...