I Will Be There Once More (Ed...

By SadMissWorld

*COMPLETED* Lily is a california girl about to finish college, dealing with constant anxiety and fear caused... More

Author's note and disclaimer
1. LA to the Moon
3. Go
4. Stargazer
5. A stroke of luck
6. California Dreaming
7. Gorgeous
8. Oceans
9. New Year's Day
10. Hard feelings/Loveless
11. Moonage Daydream
12. Better man
13. Hunger Strike
14. Call It What You Want
15. Keen on Boys
16. The Only Ones Who Know
17. Someone To Spend Time With
18. So Kiss Me
19. Willing and Able
20. Just Like Heaven
21. Singles
22. Sweet Nothing
23. Violet
24. Under The Bridge
25. The 1
26. Heaven Tonight
27. Music To Watch Boys To
28. King Of My Heart
29. Lucky Strike (Part 1)
30. Lucky Strike (Part 2)
31. Holiday
32. Love On The Brain
33. What A Girl Wants
34. Fuck It, I Love You
35. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
36. Talk To Me In Songs And Poems
37. Someday You Will Ache Like I Ache
38. Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness
39. Light Years
40. I Will Be There Once More
✨ Thank You ✨

2. Once

1.3K 41 40
By SadMissWorld

March 1989

My departure was just around the corner and I spent a whole week at home, where I could properly say goodbye for the second time to my dad and sister, to then return to L.A. It was agreed with Adrien and Andy that I would stay with them in their apartment, so I didn't have to spend  more money in another place, but just one day before my trip I received a call by Andy, that left me feeling a little bit nervous.

"Ready?" Andy said to me on the phone, while I could hear some voices in the background.

"I think so"

"Perfect then... so, Lil... I need to tell you something but please don't get mad" 

"You just called me Lil... Just tell me what it is already" I answered, notably annoyed.

"Well you see... my parents decided to visit me tomorrow, just like that, without  any fucking warning, they called me a few minutes ago so... you can't stay here tomorrow but we arranged everything and you are going to stay at a friend's place" He said and I got a little angry.

"I understand Andy but no thank you... I can stay in a hotel"

"C'mon Lily don't be like that... Chris is a good and trusty friend of us... you're going to be perfectly fine"

"I'm sorry but I don't know who this Chris is and I don't feel comfortable staying with a stranger, sorry Andrew" I called him Andrew  so he noticed I was angry by this point.

I heard some laughs and more voices but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Give me the phone, let me talk to her"

"No, I don't think i-"

Then I heard nothing but more like-whispering  and some time later the conversation started again.

"Hello?" I heard a different voice, it wasn't Andrew neither Adrien and this voice sounded appealing so... I panicked.

"H-hi" I answered shyly.

"Hey, this is Chris... look, I know you don't know me but, despite my appearance I'm a decent guy so you don't have to worry about me, I'm not going to do anything to you" He explained in a such relaxing way and suddenly I felt very embarrassed.

"Uhhmm... ok" I answered clumsily. 

Chris let out a soft chuckle because of the still distrust in my voice, but then, he continued:

"Well then, see you tomorrow at the airport, I'll be waiting for you with a big sign with your name written on it" He said and I could hear more laughs in the background.

"Fine then" I answered in a  serious way.

"Ok then, have a safe trip" He ended and passed the phone to Andy again.

"See? I told you he was a nice guy, you're gonna believe me when you see him, plus, he's gonna take you to the campus... so please don't be rude to him" Andy joked, but I wasn't in the mood.

"I won't" I answered sharply.

"Well then, have a safe trip and see you soon!" Andy said.

"We love you Lily!!!"  I heard in the background from what it seemed to be more people.

"See you" I answered and the call ended.

That night I could barely sleep because of my anxiety, and since my flight was at 7 am I just slept three hours maximum; fortunately, I just had one suitcase with me and my backpack so I had a light travel. Before landing, I fixed my minimal makeup because I fell asleep almost all the flight and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and apply a little bit of perfume. I wanted to cause a good impression but not in a pretentious way, just wanted to do things right since I was starting a new chapter in my life, plus, I was nervous because that Chris guy sounded interesting.

We landed and I took my suitcase so I started to walk until I saw a lot of people waiting for their relatives with flowers or some others with balloons and any kind of things; I felt a little bit stupid because I never asked Andy how his friend looked like but just before I couldn't distract myself more I noticed this tall man with long curly hair dressed in black boots, a pair of baggy shorts and a flannel, holding a big bright pink poster with my name on it and looking to all directions.

I froze. He was so damn handsome.

"GOSH! That guy is so fucking hot!"  I thought to myself and stayed a few seconds petrified just looking at him. But then I started to walk towards him, who was still clueless I was very near him.

I kept walking until he finally saw me with those bright green eyes; I froze a second time and he immediately smiled widely and warmly, rushing towards me. I tried to calm myself by breathing better, but that was useless as I was very nervous. He was closer and I didn't know what to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 212 11
Slowburn friends-to-lovers dark romance set in the 1990s Seattle grunge scene. Take a look at the Before You Read chapter for trigger and content war...
3.1K 206 12
*COMPLETED* Everything seemed impossible, until 1990 meets with 2021, and the fate of some young talented aspiring musicians change drastically forev...
4.8K 312 62
this was something my mind made up while I was on shrooms... and then my friends told me to make a story outta it. so here we go :D Lily and Kurt are...