Echo | BNHA x Deltarune/Under...

By JustNadine1273

** Formerly titled "Lebensmüde" ** His world faded to black. All sensation disappeared. The question resonate... More

Chapter 1: A Good Feeling
Chapter 2: Faulty Intuition
Chapter 3: Continue
Chapter 4: Nightmare
Chapter 5: Tomorrow Will Be Tomorrow
Chapter 6: Katsuki
Chapter 7: Awkward
Chapter 8: SAVE
Chapter 9: A 'Friendly' Conversation
Chapter 10: Fresh Air
Chapter 11: Small Talk
Chapter 12: Experiment
Chapter 13: Never Change
Chapter 14: Death
Chapter 15: Turning Around
Chapter 16: Under Pressure
Chapter 17: Sludge
Chapter 18: Bullets
Chapter 19: Rage
Chapter 20: A Good Day
Chapter 21: Home
Chapter 22: Cat Nap
Chapter 23: Hero
Chapter 24: Nerd
Chapter 25: Warning
Chapter 26: Sick
Chapter 27: Scratches
Chapter 28: Sleepless
Chapter 29: Not Yet
Chapter 30: Glass
Chapter 31: Fragile Things
Chapter 32: Visit
Chapter 33: Lonely Places
Chapter 34: Jump
Chapter 35: Hope
Chapter 36: First Day
Chapter 38: Walking
Chapter 39: Watch Out
Chapter 40: Recovery Girl
Chapter 41: Scars
Chapter 42: Yup, Re-doing That One
Chapter 43: Surprises
Chapter 44: Unforeseen 'Simulation' Joint
Chapter 45: A Dead Man
Chapter 46: A Problem Child Is Born
Chapter 47: There's a Fine Line Between Honest and Totally Crazy
Chapter 48: Sometimes
Chapter 49: Wimp
Chapter 50: Mummy Man
Chapter 51: Chat
Chapter 52: Oppurtunity
Chapter 53: Freshman Rep
Chapter 54: Do It for the Memes
Chapter 55: Crystal Clear
Chapter 56: Inconsistencies

Chapter 37: Lunch

881 37 0
By JustNadine1273

They ended up sitting in an auditorium listening to Nezu talking for several hours. Izuku didn't pay very much attention; he pretty much got the gist in the first five minutes. 1-A didn't show up, which he was mildly grateful for because they would've been right next to them and Katsuki didn't know he was here. He would try to keep it that way for as long as possible.

During lunch, the freckled teen was nervously looking for somewhere to sit - there were no empty tables in sight. He nearly screamed when he felt someone grab his wrist, but relaxed when he saw it was Uraraka. 

Wait - Uraraka hadn't talked to him this time. Why was she grabbing his wrist?

"Hey! Do you need somewhere to sit?"

He stared at her, eyes widened slightly in surprise. "Uh- yeah, I do, actually."

"Come sit with us! We've got plenty of room."

"Okay. Thank you!"

She skooted over, the blue-haired boy next to her doing the same, and he sat down next to her, placing his lunch tray on the table.

"I'm Uraraka, and this is Iida." Iida waved politely. "We're in class 1-A. What about you?"

"I'm Midoriya, from 1-C."

"1-C? That's a gen-ed class, right?"

"Yup."

"It's a shame you didn't get into the hero course. I'm sure you tried your best!"

Izuku couldn't help but laugh - and it wasn't a nice-sounding laugh, but kind of a mean one. It felt odd in his mouth, yet natural. Iida and Uraraka looked confused.

"I wasn't going for the hero course. I'm here for the 'school' part of 'hero school'."

"Really? I thought gen-ed was for people who didn't quite get into the hero course. If you aren't here for heroism, why wouldn't you apply to the business or support course?" Iida piped up.

"I'm not interested in business or support. UA is known for excellent education in all departments. I just want a good education. Is that a crime?"

The bespectacled boy flushed. "Of course not! I'm sorry, it's just- I've wanted to be a hero all my life, and pretty much everyone else I know wants the same - I didn't mean to be rude, I just have a hard time imagining... not wanting to be a hero."

"I undertsand. It's fine. It just seems obvious to me, because I know how weak I am. You wouldn't know that, though. It was my fault for taking your curiosity the wrong way."

"No, no, it wasn't your fault, I shouldn't have assumed that everyone is like me-"

"You're fine! I shouldn't have forgotten that not everyone knows me-"

They spent the better part of the lunch period arguing in this manner, until Uraraka reminded them that they hadn't eaten anything and they quickly shut up. Lunch ended, and they parted ways. On his way back to his classroom, Izuku couldn't suppress the huge grin on his face. It was only the first day, and he already had three people he felt comfortable around.

Considering it took over two years for him to make friends in middle school, it was certainly a new record.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
167K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
187K 5.1K 43
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...