Ray of Sunshine: Yang x Male...

By Struggling2Write

A new student at Beacon catches the attention of the blonde haired brawler. This story will be the journey of... More

Opportuinty for you Guys!
A New Story
More New Content?
Introduction
Chapter One: The Arrival
Chapter 2: The Meeting
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: JNPR and Cardin
Chapter 5: One Hell of a Date
Chapter 6: Training and Dock Fight
Chapter 7: Back To School
Chapter 8: A Personal Favor
Chapter 9: The Dance
Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn Part 1
Chapter 11: Mountain Glenn Part 2
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Big News
Chapter 14: Round One
Chapter 15: A Watchful Eye
A/N: Thank you
Chapter 17: The Collapse
Chapter 18: Broken into Pieces
Chapter 19: Journey's Beginning
(A/N)
Chapter 20: The Long Road
Chapter 21: The Kid
Another READ ME!
Chapter 22: Reunited
Chapter 23: Recovery
Chapter 24: Stress (contains Lemon)
(A/N): Thank You...Again
Chapter 25: The Calm Before the Storm
A slight delay
Quick Question
Chapter 26: Memories
Chapter 27: The Battle of Haven
Quick update
Chapter 28: The Battle of Haven Part 2
Chapter 29: Off the Rails
Chapter 30: Arrival in Argus
Chapter 31: Together Again
Chapter 32: Preparation
Shameless Self Promotion Time
Chapter 33: The Plan
Chapter 34: Into Action
Chapter 35: Showdown
Hmm
Chapter 36: The Return
Chapter 37: Support
Chapter 38: Reignite
Chapter 39: Official
Chapter 40: First Day
Chapter 41: Free Time
Chapter 42: Ambush
Chapter 43: An Icy Party
Chapter 44: Defense
Chapter 45: Change of Plans
Chapter 46: Deception
Chapter 47: Taken
Chapter 48: Frozen

Chapter 16: Round Two

3.1K 81 19
By Struggling2Write

Day of the Doubles Tournament (Friday)

"Ready to rock and roll kid?" Sun asks as he gives you smack on the back.

"Got the jitters out during the first fight, now I am ready to just go to work." You respond.

"Well go get em dude. We will be watching from here." Neptune calls as you jog up the stairs and into the arena. You get out to the center and shake your limbs out, getting ready for you opponents to arrive. Across from you, two girls walk up the stairs.

"We get the pleasure of facing the one man army." One of them giggles.

"Yeah, but they didn't say anything about him being so handsome." The other one says with a flirtatious smile.

"Twins." You groan to yourself, "This should be good."

"Maybe after this we could grab something to eat? That is if you don't mind going out with someone that beat you." The one wielding a sword and shield asks.

"I agree Heather, the three of us would have an amazing time." The other one, who is juggling throwing knives, giggles.

"Let's just get through this fight huh?" You say as the landscape around you shifts.

"Three! Two! One!" Port booms over the PA system. The timer counts down and the brunette twins charge forward at you once it reaches zero.

"Boost me!"

"You got it Mia!" Heather calls as she launches her sister off her shield. Mia sends a wave of blades towards you as she flies forward. You dodge from side to side until she tackles you to the ground.

"Awe. You are so cute when you are in a fight." She says with a smirk before you roll and the two of you turn into a fury of punches. Eventually, a shield bashes against the side of your head and sends you flying into a pile of sand in the desert part of the stage. A volley of knives are sent your way as you scramble to find cover behind some rocks.

"Come on out handsome. We won't hurt you too much." Heather calls as the taunt you from the center. You stand up and start to run forward at them. The twins ready their weapons, but you boost yourself into the air. Once you reach a high enough height, you send a shot behind you and hurtle yourself towards the ground. You raise you ax end and, once you reach the ground, connect with the shield of Heather and cause it to shatter in her hands.

"Holy shit." Mia mutters as her sister is send into a crater in the ground, her shield in pieces around her. While she is distracted, you wind up you weapon and send her hurtling into the volcanic stage. You go to catch your breath, but your knee is taken out from underneath you.

"Maybe you should hit a little harder." Heather says from above you. You pull out your pistol and start to shoot at her, making her dodge from side to side and giving you an opening to stand up. Once your pistol is empty, she charges forward with her weapon ready to strike. Just before she is about to attack, you side step and hit her in the side with the hammer end of your weapon and send her flying into the volcanic stage where she lands next to her sister. You regain your breath and pause for a moment until both girls stagger up, using the other for support. 

"And it looks like the twins are in sync as their aura starts to regenerate!" Oobleck calls. You turn and see the bars of twins slowly climb up as they stand opposite of you.

"Surprised?" Mia asks.

"This isn't good." You say to yourself.

"Looks like someone didn't expect the power of the twin." Heather says as she twirls her sword. 

"Got to separate them. Take one out and then the other." You say to yourself, trying to figure out a plan in your head. The twins again rush you, but this time you turn towards the mountains and scramble up them. You stand near the center of a plateau as the twins make their way up behind you.

"This one is making us work for it." Heather says as she gets to her feet.

"I like it." Mia replies, giving you a smirk and a wink. The two girls start to close in on you, but instead of swinging at them you slam your weapon down into the ground, causing the plateau to rumble and shake. A crack starts to form and you again hammer down into the ground, this time causing a chunk of rock to fall off and taking Heather down with it.

"Heather!" Her sister calls as she tumbles back down to stage. "You are going to pay for that." She says as she turns to you. A fury of blades fly towards you, but you shoot wildly at them until one catches your forearm.

"Shit." You mumble as the blade leaves a long cut along your left forearm. You look up and Mia is a few feet away and quickly approaching. You wind up and connect with her gut, sending her flying backwards.

"Oooh and that hit is going to send Mia's aura to roughly one third of its normal level while her sister is around roughly half her aura!" Port announces.

"Yes and it seems like (Y/N) is sitting at just above the halfway point." Oobleck adds as you slide down the rock face. You look around to find Heather until you hear someone behind you.

"That was one hell of a swing." She says as she walks towards you, sword on her back. "So big and strong to be able to deliver such power." She eventually reaches you and starts to circle around you.

"I just launched your sister across the arena and you are...flirting with me?" You question.

"It was soooo impressive though. You must be super skilled to be able to take the both of us on." She says with a smirk as she returns to the front of you, her blue eyes staring deeply into yours.

"Yeah I guess." You say as your head starts to get a little fuzzy.

"Maybe you could show me your moves sometime." She giggles as she steps closer to you, running her hand down your chest. You start to get sleepy and stare at the girl that is in front of you. Your vision starts to get blurry and focuses on Heather, until you see a mess of golden hair out of the corner of your eye, yelling from the stands. A vision of Yang flashes before your eyes and snaps you back into focus. Footsteps can be heard from behind you and you duck out of the way. Mia flies forward and tackles her sister into the mountain face that you were standing near. You walk forward to the twins, who are laying against the wall of stone.

"Seems like the flirting didn't work." Mia says as she staggers up.

"Looks like we will have to break him the old fashion way." Heather says with a smirk. The girls grab hands and slowly start to regain their aura level.

"Not this time." You say as you boost yourself onto the same cliff. You raise your hammer then slam it down, causing the stage to shake. Rocks tumble down the mountain, separating the twins and sending them flying to the sides. You slam the ground again and again as bigger chunks start to fall, covering the two girls.

"And both Mia and Heather are eliminated by aura level!" Port booms as the crowd roars for you. You give the crowd a few waves before sliding down the side of the mountain. You trot over to one of the piles and pull away at the rocks until you find Heather. You pull her out her then help her get her sister from her pile.

"Thank you." Heather says as she dusts herself off.

"Yeah...that was sweet of you to do." Mia says with a smile.

"It is not a problem." You say to the two of them. You turn back to the crowd and give a final wave before heading out of the arena. You clean up in the locker room and head out to the main concourse of the arena. 

"That was another amazing fight!" Ruby cheers. You turn and see your friends walking up to you.

"You shook a whole mountain dude! That was bad ass!" Sun says as he gives you a slap on the back.

"The rock was loose and I was near an edge so it was bound to happen." You reply with a shoulder shrug.

"Oh please! That was epic!" Nora squeals from next to Ren. The group of you all talk and laugh until the dorms are in sight. 

"You guys go on, I will catch up." You say to them. "Yang." She turns and looks back at you. "Could you stay here for a second." She walks towards you, silent. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Yang...I know you and something is wrong." She sighs and looks at the ground.

"What happened out there?"

"What do you mean?" She looks up at you and crosses her arms while tapping her foot.

"You fell into a trance and the way you looked at her...it is the same way you look at me. What was it? Her beauty? Did you like how she flirted with you? Am I not good enough?" You can hear the anger in her voice as she starts to heat up.

"Hey calm down." You step towards her and rest your hands on her shoulders. "Before I left the fighter area, I ran into the team that they faced last round. They told me that they were impressed that I was able to resist them since their semblance, along with the whole aura twin thing, is being able to put their targets in a trance. For people, they use tactics such as flirting and stuff like that."

"Are you sure that is all? You aren't going to run off and go be happy with them?"

"Yang you were what snapped me back. I saw you out of the corner of my eye, thought of you, and then you brought me back into focus." You move your hands down to her lower back and pull her in close to you, smiling down at her. "Yang I told you that I love you for a reason. There is no one else on this planet that I would rather be with than you. My love and affection for you was able to stop someone's semblance and if that is not a testament to how I feel then I don't know what is." You give her a kiss on the top of the head and pull her into your embrace.

"I just don't want you to leave me." She says, resting her head onto your chest. "To go and find someone better." You shake your head.

"There is no one better Yang, not by a Long shot."

"Sweet words and a pun? God you know the way to my heart." She giggles. She smiles up at you before pulling your head down into a kiss. "Can I ask you something?" She asks when you two separate.

"Of course."

"Do you think I am...'top heavy'?" You let out a laugh at the question.

"Oh you are serious." You say once you see the look on her face. "Yang you are the most beautiful girl in the world and I love you for exactly who you are."

"But you don't think"

"You are perfect Yang." You say, cutting her off. "Now can I ask you something? Why do you worry that I will leave you so much? You are so confident about everything else that you do and you have no reason not to be confident that you are an amazing person." She sighs before giving you a response.

"I just...well I told you about my mom and I guess that I have some attachment issues with her leaving and my childhood. I'm sorry...it is not that I don't trust you it is just that"

"Yang." You reach up and rub her cheek softly. "It is okay. Just know that I am never going to leave you. You are my girl and you mean too much to me. If I ever left you or did something to hurt you it would pain me as well." She gets teary eyes and cuddles her head into your chest.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Yang. I promise that I will never do anything to hurt you, you make me so happy and just light up my life. I would have to be a dumb ass to leave you." She looks up at you and smiles.

 "You are the best." The two of you turn and start to walk hand in hand towards the dorms. "Can we go down to the fair grounds tonight? Maybe grab something to eat and play some carnival games?" She asks from besides you.

"Sounds like an amazing time." You respond with a smile.

At the carnival

"Hey handsome." You hear a familiar voice say behind you.

"For the love of..." You mumble as you turn around. "Mia. Heather. How are you two doing?"

"We are much better now." Mia giggles.

"That was a great fight today." Heather compliments.

"Agreed. You guys put up a good fight." You reply.

"So what are you doing here?" Heather asks.

"Just grabbing a pizza before starting the night."

"Here you go sir." You pay the man at the stand and turn to head to a table.

"So you are here all alone?" Mia asks giddily.

"I mean actually"

"It doesn't matter. We can keep you company." She says before you can respond.

"Look you two didn't give me a chance I..."

"Trust us, we can show you an amazing time tonight." Heather says, cutting you off again. Before anyone can say anything else, you feel someone jump on your back and turn you head and pull you into a kiss. You smile as Yang pulls away and rests her chin on your shoulder.

"Who are these two?" She asks.

"Yang this is Heather and Mia, the two girls that I fought today. Heather and Mia this is Yang, my beautiful girlfriend." Both of them have a face that expresses realization.

"Oooooooh." Mia lets out.

"That makes a lot of sense." Heather adds.

"Well if you ever change your mind..." Mia starts.

"I can guarantee that I am never, ever going to change my mind." You say with a smile as Yang giggles in your ear. The two girls turn and head off as Yang hops down from your back. "You knew who they were, didn't you?" She smiles as she sits down next to you.

"Of course I did, but I just wanted to make it awkward for them." She says as she opens to pizza box. 

"Yang I told you earlier that you have nothing to worry about." You say as you grab a slice.

"Oh that was not to save you, that was just to mess with them." You shake your head and take a bite of the pizza. 

"I gave you a little confidence boost, huh? Someone heard that they are the most amazing girl in the world and now their head is massive."

"Oh you inflated my head a ton." She says with a laugh. The two of you sit and eat the pizza, joking with each other and people watching all the while.

"That was delicious." Yang says as you come back from throwing the box away. 

"Agreed. Gave me the energy to beat you in these carnival games we are about to play." You say as you stretch your arms above your head.

"Oh you are so going down (L/N)." She grabs your hand and the two of you make your way to the first game: skee-ball.

"We each get ten throws and the one with the highest score wins." She says as you both go to you individual lanes.

"You want me to go easy on you?" You ask, picking up a ball and twirling it in your hand.

"I don't know, you tell me." She replies with a smirk. You look and see that she had already thrown and scored 100 points. You shake out your throwing arm and begin.

"Let's go (L/N)! You mess throw up and it is all over!" Yang yells in your ear as you line up your last shot. You let the ball roll and it zips up the lane. The ball clinks off the 100 rim and falls into the 10 point hole, securing a loss for you.

"Damnit..." You mumble as Yang cheers in your ear.

"Woooo! Winner!" She cheers as she dances around you. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. This is the first game. We still have plenty of more to go." 

"Yep and you are going to lose at those too!" She giggles as she grabs your hand and drags you down the aisle. 

"Think you got a better shot than me?" You ask as the two of you stop in front of a shooting gallery.

"Oh you stand no chance." She says as she tosses the man at the stand some money and the guns whiz to life. The two of you stand side by side and plink away at the figures that are popping up in front of you. The sound of metal clinks fill your ears as you shift your aim from target to target, knocking them down one by one and quickly racking up a high score.

"Player 2 wins!" The game announces as the figures stand still and the lights dim.

"Looks like I am the better shot." You say with a victory pose. Yang gives you an eye roll as you stand proudly.

"This is just the beginning." She says with a smirk, crossing her arms. The two of you go from stand to stand, slowly making your way down the midway and competing at every game booth that the both of you come across.

"Well we are all tied up." Yang says as the two of you stand in front of the hammer strength tester. "Think you got what it takes?" She asks as she squeezes your arm.

"Oh of course I do." You say with a laugh as you flex. Yang steps up and grabs the hammer from the girl running the stand. She raises it above her head and hammers it down towards the target. A ding rings out as the bell is struck by the piece of metal that zipped to the top.

"Well, I guess that we can only tie." Yang says with a smirk as she hands you the hammer.

"Oh Xiao Long I think you forgot," You say with a smirk as you twirl the hammer in your hand. "that this is my weapon." You step up and line up your shot. After taking a deep breath, you wind up and send the head of the hammer soaring down at the target. A sharp ding rings out as the bell is ripped off the top of the stand and sent flying into the air. You turn to her and give a shrug as the woman running the stand stares in disbelief.

"I hate you." She says with a smile on her face as she shakes her head and crosses her arms.

"Oh come on. How about I let you pick out the prize." She smiles and walks up to the stand and grabs the biggest stuffed bear that she could find. "Oh my god that thing is stupidly large."

"Yep and you get to carry both of us." She tosses the bear onto her back and jumps onto yours. "Back to the dorms!" She yells as she points forward. You sigh and shake your head, causing her to giggle as the two of you head back to the academy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 157 20
As a young man you were blessed with the power of an ancient god. Now you must battle to bring hope back to this new world. What challenges will you...
33.5K 440 16
At Beacon Academy, young Huntsmen and Huntresses are taught and trained to protect the people and maintain the peace for all of Remnant's inhabitants...
61.2K 526 46
this is about a student in beacon about to confess his feelings to the rwby how will they react to it well find out in the story disclaimer i do not...
45.2K 1K 16
(Hello guys, this story has now been fully updated!! Please let me know what you think of it!!) Taking place after the Fall of Beacon, this story fol...