The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 28 - All At Once

4.2K 134 43
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 28 - All At Once

Cara

David just came and took Tris and Natalie is freaking out. I don't understand why she is though.

"Natalie. Calm down! She'll be fine. Don't worry." I try to calm her down.

She shakes her head while sobbing.

"H--he-- he's- go-ing t-t-to h-hur-t her. He's going to hurt her!" She sobs.

This can't be good.

"No he won't. She's going to be fine." I try to reassure her and myself.

Tris

David almost drags me through all of these hallways, but I manage to stay on my feet. How big is this place? I can't tell if he is dragging me down different hallways or the same few over and over again. The pain of walking on my leg is too much. It makes my vision go black on the edges and makes me want to go unconscious. But I can't, I have to stay here and fight for my family's life.

He takes a right down a hallway I know I've never been down before because there's stairs at the end of it. He continues to walk speeding up his pace while I limp behind him as fast as I can to keep up.

How am I suppose to do these stairs?

I get my left leg on the stair and try to get my right leg on as fast as possible. Of course, David is there, pulling on the handcuffs barreling up the stairs two by two. I fall hitting my head and letting out a strangled cry of pain. He drags me up the first set of stairs, and halfway up the second. Then he stops, let's go of my handcuffs and looks at me.

"Get up." He growls.

I try my best, using the floor and my right leg to push myself up. I succeed for a minute but begin to loose my balance. Just when I gain some balance back, he pushes me backward, falling down the stairs and landing on my side. I let out a strangled cry again. He continues to kick me as I try to stand, but by now he's got me on the edge of the other stair case. I hold onto the concrete the best I can to keep from rolling down the 20 stairs going down.

He stomps on my hands until I pick them up because I'm sure I have at least two broken fingers my now. Then he kicks me hard in the stomach, knocking the air out of me. I scream as I roll down the stairs, my vision going in and out constantly. I finally hit the floor.

I start wheezing while trying to breathe and start to tremble. The world is going in circles and my vision is blurry and I'm seeing stars. I close my eyes tightly hoping that I could die right here, right now.

But I can't die. If I do, most likely Mom or Cara would be in my place right now. I can't die for their sake.

I just lay there trying to focus on my breathing, not on the pain taking over my body. I only try to stand when I hear David coming down the stairs. If I was capable right now, I could totally run from him and get everyone out of here.

I think I'm going to die before everyone gets out of here.

He stands over me; not saying or doing anything.

And that's enough to terrify me.

I finally get on my feet; using the wall to help me. The world is spinning and my ears are ringing. I hear David yell something, but it's all muffled. I try to reply, but my lips no longer work. It's like I've gone paralyzed but am still standing.

He shoves me into the wall, then goes behind the stairs. He comes back with various things.

One thing I recognize clearly...

A broom.

Another thing I recognize;

A rope.

The third thing I finally make out what it is.

A knife.

"You see, I told your mother that I was going to make you just like her. I was going to do the same to you. But I've changed my mind. You know why?" He sneers.

I still cannot move. I'm frozen.

"You way to ugly of a little girl to even take advantage of! You're just way to ugly and little, just like a freaking little girl! Your a real idiot that cannot do anything! Can't even walk! Why should I waste my time abusing a lying, cheating, ugly girl like you?!" He spits in my face holding me by my neck then throwing me down on the floor.

"You see this?!" He raises the broom. "Next time, I won't be this nice." He puts it back behind the stairs with the rope then puts his knife back in this belt.

Then he bends down and takes off my handcuffs. He takes the handcuffs and puts one around my left ankle. He holds the other one and begins to walk, dragging me behind.

The pain of my leg being pulled is too much; I close my eyes tightly and try to block it out, hoping to stay awake.

After a while, he opens a door and keeps walking, letting it hit my head as he goes.

I hear gasps and yelling as he walks. Some of the voices scream to stop, others plead, some are just to stunned to speak. I finally gain the courage to look around. I don't recognize any of these people. But somehow, they recognize me.

A tear escapes my eyes but I remain quiet. Crying out may piss off David, and I don't need that right now.

He opens the door at the end of that hallway leading to another hallway of people in cells that I don't know.

He opens another door, and another, until I've lost track.

I close my eyes and try to tune out everything from the ringing in my ears to the gasps and pleads from complete strangers. I don't want to know how many people he has in this hell hole. It's way to big of a number.

I only open my eyes when I recognize some voices;

Tori.

Uriah.

Marlene.

Will.

I see that Lynn is on the ground in pain. It looks like she was shot in the hip.

"Oh my god. Tris!" Tori yells

"What the hell did she ever do do you?!" Uriah screams at David.

Marlene stretches her arm through the bars as much as she can and touches my arm.

Such a light, friendly gesture makes me flinch from how bruised I am.

I turn and smile a weak smile at her as a way of thanks even though it caused me pain.

He continues to drag me after standing there for a little while. My head hits the door yet again and now in I'm my family's hallway.

"What the hell did you do to my sister?!" Caleb's voice.

I hear my cell unlocking.

I hear my mothers sobs.

I'm thrown into my cell; crying out when I hit the floor.

He takes a different cuff and puts it around my ankle then attaches it to something.

Cara starts yelling, "Why?!? What did she ever do to you? You are a--"

I hear a gun click and I stand up holding onto the bars for support.

He has a gun pointed at Cara.

"No!" I scream. "Don't shoot! Shoot me!"

"No, Tris!" She screams at me.

David points the gun at me.

"One. For the girl." He shoots me in the backside of my left leg.

"Two. For being stupid and speaking up when you shouldn't have." He shoots dead center in my calf.

I refuse to scream. That would be a signal that he's won. And he hasn't.

I hear Cara's screams for David to stop.

"Three. For the baby. And how you three should be dead."

He shoots it right in my ankle bone. The little ligament in between your foot and ankle actually.

My heart is pounding, leg bleeding erratically, I'm dizzier than I was before. I see my vision go dark at the edges, and I see David leave the room.

That's when I hit the floor.

That's at the same time that I see my mother scream holding her stomach with a wet circle growing around her.

Why does everything always happen

All at once?

A/N-

Hi humans!

2k reads!!

Happy Saturday! I'll hopefully update later today or tomorrow!

I'm off to the grocery store and then to Christmas shop with my older sister and father for my mother.

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9K 82
Book Two +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two [You are here] : Learning to Trust Book Three : All for...
156K 3.7K 82
Book Three +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three [You are here] : All f...
8.7K 212 16
INCOMPLETE******** Tobias Eaton AKA Commander Four is tasked to investigate a woman suspected to have connections with a rebel group. The only way fo...
23.4K 662 25
Highest rank: #195 in Divergent "One day you'll meet the girl, you swore you'd never find. Start feeling things you never felt and spending all your...