Sempiternal Memories (TMR: Hi...

By Once_Upon_A_Glade

It isn't exactly old news that (Y/N) has a crush on Newt. Everyone could see and notice the way she acts arou... More

Part I: Chapter 1 - The New Leader
Chapter 2 - Sorting Out Priorities
Chapter 3 - Too Close for Comfort
Chapter 4 - Fixed On A Moment
Chapter 6 - If We Stand for Nothing, We'll Fall for Anything
Chapter 7 - A Love That's So Demanding, I Can't Speak
Chapter 8 - Elizabeth "Sonya" Whitman
Chapter 9 - Fueling the Fires Until We Combust
Chapter 10 - A Love Like War
Chapter 11 - Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 12 - I Have to Let You Down
Chapter 13 - Wish Granted
Chapter 14 - Chaos Ensured
Chapter 15 - Eyes Vacant and Stained
Chapter 16 - Stuck With Me
Chapter 17 - What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 18 - Creating Memories
Chapter 19 - The Past Will Always Catch Up to You
Chapter 20 - Little Miss Obvious and Mr. Oblivious
Chapter 21 - A New Beginning

Chapter 5 - Take a Breath Let the Rest Come Easy

654 25 7
By Once_Upon_A_Glade

Previously:
- After their practice, (Y/N) and Newt started to go home
- Both were going to the train station
- Newt found out what (Y/N)'s parents were divorced and that she moved from her father's and mothers house on the weekends and weekdays

Chapter 5 - Take a Breath Let the Rest Come Easy

(Y/N) couldn't sleep that night. A smile formed on her lips as she remembered the warmth of Newt's hand. His gentle grip on hers. The roughness of his shirt as it brushed her cheek. His stories about his family. The train.

(Y/N) shot up from her bed.

These memories didn't help her sleep. Her body tingled with excitement as she thought of Newt. As she thought of the days that will pass. On those upcoming days, she'll get closer with Newt. But-

"(Y/N) you're the leader."

That's right, she thought. She was the leader. She has other responsibilities and other things to think about than what she'll wear or what she'll say when she sees Newt. She had to figure out how to lead her classmates. In a way, their grade for the finals is partly on her shoulders.

Right now, there were two sides of her. The leader (Y/N) and the lovesick (Y/N). She needed to reign in the lovesick (Y/N) and focus on being the leader.

When she was younger, she always felt like she was born to be a leader. It was a type of thinking that was drilled into her. It might be because of her parents and the people around her. It was why she wanted to prove to herself and everyone that she could do this.

Well, she'll find out about it tomorrow.

-

April 22, 2019
(18 days to go)

(Y/N) was able to schedule the gym for three weeks every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for an hour and a half. That wasn't much time definitely for one day. But if her classmates were diligent, they'd be able to do this.

Their classes end on three o'clock. (Y/N) made the practice to start on 3:30pm in order to give her classmates some time to eat or change if they want. When they were dismissed, (Y/N) and Teresa headed straight to the gym. Her other classmates were going to buy food before going to the gym.

"I'm excited to see you and Newt in action," Teresa said as they laid their bags on the benches. They were the only ones there. "The power couple. The two great leaders."

"I'm not sure yet about myself. Of course, Newt is a great leader. He's the Vice President in the class."

"Title doesn't usually mean anything unless you do something. Last year's Vice President didn't really do anything."

"Who was he?" (Y/N) asked.

"Right I forgot you weren't here last year. He was Zart."

Since (Y/N) was just a new student that year, she wanted to stay low and just see the flow of the school. She was doing such a good job of it until Coach Janson assigned her as a leader. But she has been studying the flow of the school for about nine months now. Figures it was already her time to show what she's made of.

"Zart is a pretty nice guy."

"It's not always about being nice," Teresa fixed her glasses. Her natural look was her dark hair in a ponytail and her glasses. She hasn't seen Teresa in any other hairstyle or look than that. "It's about choosing the right thing to do for everyone and learning how to assert yourself. I'm sure you can do it."

"At least I have the support of the President, Vice President, and the Secretary of the class."

Teresa snorted. "The only thing I do is take notes-"

The doors of the gym bursted open as a flash of dark long hair rushed inside. It was Harriet. The doors opened once again and Minho was the one who entered this time.

"I was first!" Harriet said. "I won!"

"You- cheated," Minho panted.

"Don't be such a sore loser Minho."

Minho was lying down on the cold floor of the gym out of breath. While Harriet didn't even look like she broke a sweat.

"Hi guys!" Harriet went to (Y/N) and Teresa. "We're the first ones here?"

"Yep," Teresa said.

"Is he alright?" (Y/N) looked at Minho. She hasn't seen him so exhausted before.

"Oh yeah. He's fine. He's suffered through worse."

"Water," Minho coughed.

Harriet got out of the benches and gave him her bottle of cold water that he gulped down.

"Geez leave some for me."

From what (Y/N) gathered about Minho and Harriet was that they were best friends. Harriet used to study in Glader University's sister school until she moved here for the third grade. That was how she and Minho met and became best friends. Although (Y/N) remember that they didn't get off in a good start but that doesn't look like the case now.

Both Minho and Harriet were on the track and field team. Minho was in the men's section along with Newt and Ben while Harriet was the only one in the women's section from their class.

Because Harriet was a force to be reckoned with in the track, she was allowed to train with the boys. That was how she got closer with Minho and the other Runners. Despite her being a girl, she was still the fastest one in the bunch. No one has beaten her yet.

Newt and Alby were the next ones to enter the gym. They saw Minho on the ground catching his breath and didn't give him a second thought.

"Thanks for being good friends guys. Real friendship right there," Minho drawled.

"It was your funeral for racing Harriet," Alby said.

"I just- I just thought that..."

"Well to be fair you caught up to me in just a second. To think, just one more second and you could've won," Harriet teased. Alby and Newt laughed.

"Where is everyone?" (Y/N) looked at her watch. "Only five more minutes until we start."

Dread started to creep at (Y/N)'s chest. First day of practice and not even half the class has come on time and they only have a limited time everyday. Well that wasn't her fault. She couldn't control everyone, is what she was telling herself.

"I'll try to call Ben and the others," Alby said. He took his phone and left the gym.

"What will we do today?" Harriet asked.

"Newt and I learned a few variations of foxtrot to teach you guys today."

"Why don't you teach Minho and I? Then Teresa and Alby when he gets back? So we can teach the others too and divide the work?" Harriet suggested.

"That's brilliant," Newt commented.

"Yeah that's a good idea." Why didn't I think of that? Shut it!

Harriet got off the bench and pulled Minho up. Newt and (Y/N) went to the middle of the gym, Teresa tagged along. Newt and (Y/N) showed them how the correct position is. Teresa was trying to hide her smile when she saw the position (Y/N) and Newt were in. But Minho and Harriet were bickering because Harriet was complaining that Minho was getting sweat on her.

Alby came back with a few more students. They dropped their bags and took their partners. Those who didn't have either paired up with someone else for the meantime or watched.

Newt and (Y/N) did their best to teach them the variation. They knew that they couldn't teach all four in short notice but maybe they could do one or two variations a day. (Y/N) was grateful that most of the students were mature and were willing to listen and follow hers and Newt's lead.

Yes they were willing to listen and follow, but that doesn't mean that they were fast learners. (Y/N) and Newt had to repeat the first variation or parts of it many times for the others. At least there were two or three pairs who were able to learn and master the dance. They helped with teaching the others.

All in all, the practice that day went pretty well. Not everyone has still completely mastered the first variation but it was just the first day.

-

April 23, 2019
(17 days to go)

The next day, they practiced the first variation then moved on to the second one. Since the second variation was a bit simpler to learn, everyone was able to learn it quickly. (Y/N) was really glad of the progress that's happening in the class.

Her fear that she'll be more focused on Newt was gone. It wasn't that she didn't give him a moment's thought now and then. She still cherished the moments when they'd dance. The times when they will stop demonstrating and watch the others but even when they were done, Newt was still holding her hand for everyone to see.

Some of (Y/N)'s classmates (mostly Teresa, Minho, and Harriet) saw that and would give her teasing looks. But despite the huge distraction that is Newt always at her side, (Y/N) was still able to teach her classmates what they need to know. She felt proud of herself for that.

She knew that complications would come and that these days of bliss would always be halted by trouble and problems. She just didn't expect that it would be on their third day of practice.

-

April 24, 2019
(16 days to go)

(Y/N) and Teresa went to the gym only to see some of her classmates. They were about eleven, not even half of the class.

"Where are they?" She asked.

"They can't come."

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท startedโž›30/03/2024 finishedโž› หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท cover by me x
440K 30.1K 45
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
111K 887 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
219K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...