Queen Regnant ( Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

The third book after to Rye and Xavier's story....Please read the first two books or you will be lost :P Mav... More

Prologue
Ch. 1 Father's Mistakes
Ch. 2 Up in the air
Ch. 3 Crush
Ch.4 Dress to impress
CH.5 Ra-da-co-vick
Ch.6 Oh Brother
Ch.7 Badges
Ch.8 Rumors
Ch.9 Czara the space witch
Ch.10 Libelle
Ch.11 What am I?
CH.12 Dreams
Ch.13 Standing ovation
CH.14 Someone Else
Ch.15 Travelers
Ch.16 Not the same thing
Ch.17 Over her heart
Ch.18 The game
Ch.19 Checkmate
Ch.20 Aftermath
Ch.21 Dancing with Ghosts
Ch.22 The Princess
Ch.23 Juniper's Baker's Best
Ch.24 Bad Habit
Ch.25 Every Word
Ch.26 Put a spell on me
Ch.27 Eggs
Ch.28 Ms.Dorin
Ch.29 Spilled Tea
CH.30 Games
Ch.31 Frozen
Ch.32 Test Him
CH.33 Father of the Bride
CH.34 Little Boys
CH.35 I have nothing
Chapter 36 Sweet dreams
CH.37 Twice the fun
CH.38 Mirror Mirror
CH.39 Mary Sue
CH.40 Apologies
CH.41 Family
CH.42 Burn it all
CH.43 Lillies
CH.44 Let her come
CH.45 All dressed in White
CH.46 Letters.
47. No words needed
CH.48 Leave your mark
CH. 49 A gift
CH.50 Maksim
CH.51 Hope
CH.52 Let it rain
CH.53 Keep talking
CH.54 Cupcakes
CH.55 Owen
CH.56 Only about you
CH.57 Restless nights
CH.58 Dirty Martini
CH.59 Crown
CH.60 Hello, trouble
CH.61 Confession of a lover
CH.62 Deal with the Devil
CH.63 Itty Bitty Jars
CH.64 Basil Hunts

CH.65 Time Stands Still

31.4K 1.6K 759
By marcyswales17

Chapter 65

Three years later

Mavi stood in front of the bathroom mirror as the spring birds sang loudly outside. Her feet felt as if they had been frozen for centuries. Her hands shook and her stomach turned as she waited for the minutes and seconds to pass.

She didn't have much time. Owen would be home any minute and she needed to finish before he arrived. With weak knees, she walked into their bedroom and paced the floor.

Gemma, Mavi opened her link. I'm so scared.....

You are fine, Mavi. Gemma said. Just breath..... You'll stress Owen out.

You're right, Mavi nodded. You're right.

Go look, Gemma urged her.

I can't....

Mavi!

I can't look.

Mavi, babe. Please look. And let me know. Maya is driving me insane....I have to go, I'm so sorry.

No, Gem!

But it was too late. Mavi's shoulders dropped as she felt Gemma's link close. With a pounding heart she crept back into the bathroom and peaked at the stick on the sink.

When she saw the two solid lines, she could barely contain her excitement. She let out a scream as she began to dance around the room.

"Mavi!" Owen's voice called from downstairs.

Bless this man and his perfect timing, Mavi though as she ran down the stairs.

Owen was at the foot of the stairs when he saw his wife running down towards him. He caught her in his arms at once as she flew into him.

"Baby," Mavi said breathlessly. "We're having a baby!"

"What?" Owen asked as he spun her off the stairs. He sat her down on her feet in front of him and looked into her eyes.

"We're having a baby!" Mavi wiggled with excitement as she held up the pregnancy test.

Owen stared at the double lines in amazement. They had been trying for ages....it was finally happening.

"Say something!" Mavi laughed at her husband's shocked expression.

"We're having a baby," Owen echoed Mavi's words. "We're having a baby!"

_____________________________

Four years later

"Mom!" Maksim yelled as the little baby started to scrunch up her tiny nose and turn red. "Clare is waking up!"

"Shhhh," Mavi walked into the nursery. "Baby, you will scare her."

"I'm sorry," Maksim said from where he was standing looking into his sister's crib. "I think she's hungry."

"I think she is," Mavi laughed as she picked up her daughter into her arms. "And what about you my little prince?"

"I want to stay with Clare."

"Daddy is waiting downstairs for you," Mavi moved his dark hair out of his little face and combed it back neatly. "You have a playdate with Margo, remember?"

"Will Maya and Adelia be there?" The little boy asked.

"No, my love." Mavi frowned. "Uncle Eggs took them camping this weekend, remember?"

"I wish I could go camping," Maksim moved away from his mother's fussing hands.

"Gem asked you if you wanted to go," Mavi laughed.

"I don't want to go without Clare."

"Clare is too young to go camping," Mavi sat down on the arm chair as she reached for the baby's burping cloth.

"Do you think Uncle Alec can take me camping here in Juniper?"

"You can call and ask," Mavi smiled. "I'm sure he won't say no."

"Max!" Owen's voice called from downstairs. "Your girlfriend is here."

Mavi burst into laughter as she watched Maksim's face turn red. Her little man jumped off the bean chair he had been sitting on and pouted.

"She's not my girlfriend!" He yelled.

Downstairs, Owen and Adam held back their laughter as they heard Maksim stomp down the stairs. Owen watched his son pout like his mother as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"Sheesh," Adam laughed. "So ready to take my daughter away from me already?"

"She's not my girlfriend," Maksim said again.

Just then, the front door of the house opened and a tall brunette with sparkling blue eyes walked in with a little girl who could have been her carbon copy.

"Hey June," Owen said before he bent down to the little girl. "Hello, Margo darling....Is Max your boyfriend?"

Margo nodded eagerly, "Yes! We're going to get married and live in a castle with a dragon and ponies and butterflies."

"Does he know that?" Adam asked, pointing to Maksim.

"I don't care," Margo shrugged.

Owen howled with laughter as Maksim stomped his feet. He watched as Margo ran up the stairs and left Maksim behind to follow. And sure enough, after a minute Maksim groaned like an old man before he followed the girl upstairs.

"Thanks for watching her this weekend," June said to Owen as she walked into Adam's arms.

"Yeah, of course," Owen nodded. "Anytime....You two go have some fun."

"Oh we will," Adam turned to his wife laughing. "Shall we junebug?"

"Lead the way," June rolled her eyes.

Owen waved them goodbye as they stepped through the portal. He took the stairs two at a time and hurried to the nursery.

"Your future daughter in law is here," He said as his eyes landed on his princess.

"No wonder I haven't heard from him in the last ten minutes," Mavi said. "Babe, can you please put her back in the crib?"

Owen rushed forward as Mavi handed the sleeping baby over to him. He lowered his head and placed a soft kiss upon her head before placing her back in the crib. As he watched her sleep, Mavi's arms wrapped around his waist.

"She's beautiful," She said.

"Just like her mother," Owen turned and pulled Mavi in for a kiss. "I love you, baby girl."

"I love you," Mavi leaned into him and gave him soft peaks.

"How long do we have to wait?" Owen asked as he started to kiss Mavi's neck.

"6 weeks." Mavi laughed.

"That seems so long," Owen groaned. "I want to make another Radacovick now."

____________________________

Two years later.

Mavi's gown weighed a tone as she dragged the long train down the steps of the palace. Owen held her hand tightly as he carefully led her to the grand hall.

"Do I look okay?" Mavi asked her husband as she kicked the fabric of her dress out to walk.

"Absolutely stunning," Owen kissed her cheek.

"Is the council there?"

"Already in place, princess."

Mavi paused for a second before laughing.

"What is it?" Owen turned to her.

"After today, you can't call me princess anymore."

"Nonsense, your grace." Owen pulled Mavi into his arms and kissed her senseless. "You will always be my princess."

"And you will always be my Mr. Radacovick." Mavi whispered back.

"Shall we?" Owen smiled. "Your crown awaits."

"We shall." Mavi nodded as she placed her hand upon his.

With a deep breath, Mavi gave a nod to the two King's guards standing outside the doors of the hall. They bowed their head as they pushed the doors open.

"Where's Max and Clare?" Mavi whispered to Owen.

"They're with Rye."

"Okay,"

"Relax," Owen patted her hand. "You got this....I'll be right next to you."

"Owen?" Mavi called to him as the music in the room stared playing.

"Yes, my love?"

"I'm pregnant."

Mavi felt Owen's heart rate spike up next to her as they descended down the aisle. She could feel the smile on his face as she took a deep breath and held her head up high.

Mavi's eyes danced over the many faces in the hall as she made her way to the altar. Her eyes found her council to the right of the altar, waiting for their queen.

As Mavi walked towards them, she gave each and every one of them a nod.

Exton.

Gemma.

Caspian.

Sofia.

Mardick.

Lawson.

And of course, Adam.

At the altar, Xavier watched with proud eyes as Owen walked Mavi to him. Her long red dress moved behind her as she climbed the stairs and bowed to him. Xavier took a step forward and held his hand out. Mavi looked into her father's eyes and gave him a smile.

Owen gave her hand one last squeeze as she was led up to the shamans. He walked to his spot next to Rye and picked Clare up into his arms.

"Grandma," Maksim whispered to Rye. "Does mom get to wear the crown now?"

"Yes," Rye said with a smile as she kissed the little boy's cheek. "Mommy is a queen now.....and one day, you will be king."

"A puny little king," Maya teased from behind them.

"Hey!" Maksim turned his head to look at his cousin.

"Don't listen to her, Macky," Adeline turned the little boy around to face the ceremony. "Watch your mom."

Maksim gave Maya one last glare before he turned his attention to his mother. He didn't understand the big words the shaman was saying or why his grandmother had suddenly started to cry.

All he knew was that his mother looked beautiful as the shaman picked the crown up from his grandfather's head and placed it over his mother's. He was amazed by how well she was able to hold up the heavy thing without having it slid off her head.

"Okay, Max," he heard his father whisper to him. "You ready?"

Maksim nodded. He had been waiting all week for this moment.

"Remember," Owen said to his son. "Shout it as loud as you can."

Maksim nodded once more as he kept his eyes glued on his mother at the altar. He watched her get up from the chair she had been sitting on and walk up to the front of the stage.

And then, as she held up the golden scepter in her hand, Maksim got his signal.

"Long live the Queen!" He shouted along with the whole kingdom.  

The End

I am going to cry lol Thank you so so so much for all the love. This has been such a special journey. 

I hope you will show the same love to the next two books I have planed. 

"Dreams of Eden" Will be the next one to come out and it will be Alec's story. 

"King Maker." Will be Maksim's story. 

I am super excited and can't wait to star the new phase. <3 

Love you all to bits and pieces. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.5K 22
(Book Two of Four from 'The Royal Series') I would recommend you go and read Book One in order to understand exactly what is happening in Book Two! V...
1.3M 61.8K 38
Exton Alexander Dorin knew from the start Gemma Moore was not what he wanted. She came in like a hurricane and turned his life upside down...or so he...
14.5K 705 23
(Sequel to ALPHA) Recommended to read first book first. *EDITING* Diana's journey continues when the prophecy actually happens. When one of her close...
24.4K 866 27
••• THIS IS BOOK 3!! READ BOOKS 1 and 2 FIRST!!! ••• Started: 12th June 2023