ICT ONE SHOTS !

By AshuICT

Just one shots on my favourite people! Cover by @Niyati25 More

Introduction
Friends or Foes part 1
Friends or Foes part 2
Need a title
Right Choice?
Requests
Craving my Best Friend
My love
An Overwhelming Surprise
The Forbidden Tale
Rekindling the inner child
The unsuspected pranksters
The Birthday Planning
You're not a Failure
Supporting Each Other
Behind Locked Doors
Because She's My Princess
The Infamous Post

Getting to know him

2.7K 108 96
By AshuICT

So firstly Happy Birthday Rohit🎉I know he's never going to see this but still... and secondly this idea was Kumarishivani 's. Thank you for the idea.

**********
Rahul's POV

It's been a good few months - nearing a year almost - since I've joined the national side and the journey so far has just been awesome.

Everyone has just been so welcoming to me and the other newer youngsters of the team.

It really is just a pleasant atmosphere around here!

The amount of craziness that happens in the team is unimaginable! One minute you can be talking about cricket the very next you'd be laughing about something completely random.

I've made close friendships with many of my teammates and they're all like the brothers I've never had.

Special mention to Hardik Pandya of course! He's one of a kind - a through and through idiot but truly one of the most caring people you'd ever meet.

And not to mention the elder brothers who mean the world to me. Mahi Bhai is a gem. The best you'll ever see and just being around him is a privilege.

Then we have Virat Bhai, well I don't call him that but I still consider him as an older brother.

I've always idolised Virat Bhai and I was lucky enough to play with him for RCB and now for India.

He treats me and a couple others like his younger brothers , I guess being the youngest for a long time influences you to do the same.

And then Rohit Bhaiya. I've never seen someone forget as many things as he has. But you know I've never really bonded with Rohit Bhaiya as much.

Oh yeah and let me just say nicknames are extremely common in the team.

End of POV

A screeching voice broke Rahul out of my deep thoughts.

"Oyy Rahul let's go for a walk!" Harry screeched excitedly while pulling Rahul's arm.

"What at 10 pm the night before we have a match?" Rahul retorted slightly concerned for Harry's well-being " Do you know how much trouble we can get into if anyone finds out?"

"Chill bro, no one will find out," Harry squealed. "Now move your ass and come!"

"Dude don't think I won't throw you under the bus if we get caught," Rahul teased.

"You wouldn't dare," Harry said looking highly offended.

"Watch me," Rahul replied jokingly and left with Harry because there was no denying Harry whatever it was.

They came back quite late at night leaving both their eyes slightly sore and droopy the next morning which also lead to scoldings from both Mahi Bhai and Virat

*********
The Indian Batsmen had scored a decent total against South Africa with Rahul himself scoring a 74 of 82 balls.

The South African batsmen were in tremendous form and were chasing down the score far too quick for any Indian's liking.

It was around the 25th over when one of the batsmen had mistimed a shot and Rahul went for the catch. It was a crucial catch, a catch that could change the game completely.

He went in for the catch and as destiny would have it, the catch was dropped.

And as if Rahul didn't feel bad enough Virat glared at him ferociously. Virat stomped up to him scowling.

"What have you done Rahul! That catch could cost us the entire match!" Virat growled.

"Virat I'm sorr-" Rahul started to say meekly terrified of this new fuming Virat he'd never seen.

"How can you be so careless? You stay up till 2 am roaming around god knows where and leave yourself sleep deprived only to drop a catch that could cost the whole match." Virat spat out.

"Virat Bhaiya..." Rahul said with his lips trembling.

Virat ,too fired up in the moment, failed to acknowledge that Rahul called him Bhaiya which he never used.

"You're utterly impossible Rahul! God knows what you're doing!" Virat spoke completely annoyed and jogged back to his spot not wanting to create a scene leaving tears slowly welling up in Rahul's eyes.

Unknown to both of them Rohit has heard the entire conversation and shook his head in disappointment.

Rahul quickly blinked back his tears. He never showed his emotions in field except once after his first test century and he never wanted to again.

That had been on Virat's shoulder and he was not going to let himself cry this time because of what Virat said no matter how much it hurt.

A few overs later there was another opportunity for a catch and Rahul this time round did end up catching it.

Virat ,already feeling slightly guilty for screaming, pounced on to Rahul and hugged him extra-extra tight.

The rest of the team pounced upon him too and celebrated the catch.

When all of them broke apart to continue the match Virat ruffled his hair and whispered "Well done Rahuliya!"

On reflex Rahul muttered "don't call me that," to which Virat laughed and ruffled his hair a bit more.

But even after that, Rahul still looked a bit gloomy and again wasn't missed by Rohit.

*******
India did end up winning the match and that naturally put everyone in a good mood expect one.

Rahul was still moping around and that obviously annoyed Harry who was trying to show him some video he found while taking up most of the space in Rahul's room.

"Rah watch this watch this!" Harry said gleefully.

"Harry will you please shut up and let me be in peace!" Rahul snapped

"What's up with you today?" Harry asked still on his toes. He badly needed to show someone his very-very (un)funny video.

"Go show your video to someone else." Rahul spit out annoyed

"Meanie pants," Hardik pouted and stomped off to find someone else.

Rahul started reading some book but wasn't able to immerse himself into the story like usual.

On impulse he decided to go for a walk in the park nearby.

On the other hand Virat was lounging around in his room lazily when suddenly Rohit barged in. Rohit clearly saw Rahul moping around.

"You're such a big idiot!" He shouted leaving Vi completely confused.

"What on Earth Rohit!" Virat screamed back. "What happened!"

"Great you don't even know what's happening." Rohit said facepalming.

"What did I do now..." Virat whined stretching out the "now".

"You're impossible Virat!" Rohit retorted and left the room too.

He went back to his room cursing Virat for having no tact at all and decided he'd deal with Rahul himself

He went back into his room only to realise that he left his headphones in the park where Virat dragged him a while ago.

So in full speed he ran to the park to retrieve his precious headphones.

Those were unusually expensive you know.

Much to Rohit's delight he found Rahul right there in the park picking at the grass with concentration.

"Hey kiddo!" Rohit said cheerfully breaking Rahul out of his reverie.

"Ohh hey.....don't worry....I was coming back anyway.....you didn't need to come for me," Rahul stuttered shyly.

"Oh..yeah..um....I kinda forgot my headphones. You seen them by any chance? " Rohit said scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

That managed to squirm a hearty laughter out of Rahul and said "Those were yours... they're over there." pointing at some random bench.

Rohit immediately perked up and said "gimme one second," and ran off leaving Rahul sighing exasperatedly and suppressing a laugh at his forgetfulness.

Rohit huffed as he returned back and plopped down beside Rahul.

"Ok now you tell me why on earth you are here. It is starting to get late." Rohit said still out of breath.

"Umm...just wanted a distraction." Rahul said quietly.

"From what, Harry?" He chuckled.

"Well yes, but no," Rahul said.

"You do know you make no sense, Virat really has influenced you badly Rahuliya!" Rohit laughed.

"Don't call me that!" Rahul cried on instinct

"Why is everyone calling me that!" He wailed.

"I guess it's a habit kid," Rohit said admiring how adorable he sounded.

"Humph," Rahul pouted still looking mopey.

"Ok I'm no man who can give lengthy speeches so I'm just cut to the point," Rohit said. "What's bothering you?" He said hoping to hear it from him

"Noth..nothing," Rahul stammered.

"Look Rahuliya, I heard everything Virat said," Rohit started only to be cut of by sobbing Rahul.

"I...didn't mean to..." He sobbed

Rohit didn't particularly know how to deal with a crying kid so just pulled him close and let him cry in his shoulder until he was ok.

"I'm sorry..." Rahul muttered under his breath breaking apart from Rohit.

"No no, listen Virat's a jerk and trust me on that," Said Rohit giggling.

"It's just that all the pressure has been building upon him." He continued earning himself a confused look.

"Captaincy and all, you know how much of a kid he is himself. He can barely handle me let alone the team," Rohit joked proudly making Rahul roll his eyes.

"Listen Virat doesn't mean any of the rubbish he said. He was just too scared to lose another match." He said.

"But I wasn't hurt," Rahul tactfully lied.

"Don't even try that Rahuliya, I know better. You were moping around looking like a kid whose mother took a chocolate off them." Rohit said lazily while laying on the grass completely.

"I guess you're right Bhaiya," Rahul said meekly. "He's never shouted at me before... I thought I really messed up."

"Look for the hundredth time Virat's an idiot, don't take his words too seriously," Rohit said grabbing the opportunity with both hands to jokingly badmouth Virat.

"By the way, please tell me why you were plucking the grass so seriously. The grass isn't Virat to show your anger on," Rohit chuckled again.

Rahul laughed sheepishly and pulled Rohit up.

"We better get going before Virat finds out we're missing, I really don't want you to fight again," Rahul explained exasperatedly.

"Hahaha, I know you love our fights!" Rohit teased "Also, keep calling me bhaiya." he winked while Rahul laughed.

They reached the hotel and Rahul went to freshen up while Rohit barged straight into Virat's room again.

"What do you want this time?" Virat asked still annoyed from their earlier squabble.

"I think you owe someone an apology," Rohit said in a matter of fact tone.

"Ummm...." Virat started awkwardly

"You're impossible Vi!" Rohit declared.

"It's someone who's name starts with R and ends with ahul,"

"Ohh," Virat said guiltily. "He's upset isn't he?"

"Well done Sherlock," Rohit replied sarcastically.

"I'll go apologise right now," Virat said determinedly.

"Then go do that then," Rohit retorted.

Virat did go and apologise and reconciled with one his favourite children in the team.

Later that evening when the team assembled for dinner Rahul went up to Rohit and hugged him tight.

"Thanks for that Rohit Bhaiya," he said.

"Any time kid," he replied ruffling his hair affectionately.

Rahul had strongly decided that his  bond with his Rohit Bhaiya needs to be stronger than ever before.

And they worked on just that.

A/N I'm feeling nice so two angles of the same picture. It's just so mushy and perfect

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 4.5K 33
π‘Ίπ’•π’π’“π’š 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 π’ƒπ’π’š π’˜π’‰π’ 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’†π’… 𝒔𝒐...
177K 8.7K 59
Random friendship one shots on our favourite ICT members
9.1K 798 9
One Shots about Friends and Brother connected by heart, whatever happens that connection can never be broken.
5.9K 503 10
This is the extended version of 'silent heart' oneshot in 'My heart his soul' book. Plot is little bit different. This is a short story. I will end t...