Sold To The Gangleader

By Aliyamz

Eight Years Ago "Mom.." I say with a small smile on my face. My sister had passed her first music lesson and... More

Prologue
Characters Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Q&A
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Cast for Matt, Jack, Luca
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 87

22.7K 721 425
By Aliyamz

Layla's POV

"Sweetheart?" I hear a soft voice and my head whips to the right as a gasp escapes my lips as my eyes take in who it is.

"G-Grandma?"

My eyes begin to tear up in shock.

Her soft eyes take me in. A proud smile stretching her lips as I rush over to her. Embracing her in my arms as she releases a chuckle.

Her fragile hands run up and down my back as tears of happiness release onto her shirt.

This can't be real...

Was I dreaming?

"I missed you so much grandma." I sniffle. "Things haven't been the same without you. I-I'm so sorry I didn't visit. I had no idea about the letters you sent. When I found them.. I felt horrible." I sob, clutching her tighter.

"Hey, it doesn't matter about that now." She says, her overly missed voice entering my ears, that I hadn't heard for years.

She pulls away, swiping my tears away just like the old times.

"I'm so proud of you Layla." She says, and my surprised eyes meet her green ones.

"You've grown into such a beautiful woman, your mother would be proud." She smiles at me, as another tear runs down my cheek as I shake my head.

"I haven't. She wouldn't." I sob, clutching onto her as if she'd disappear any second.

She shakes her head at me. "She would. And she always will be." She pushes my hair away from my face and I release a small sigh, my eyes closing.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whisper after a while.

She had obviously known from the start too that Luise wasn't my real mother.

"You were too young. I couldn't tell you and break your little heart further." She releases a sigh. "But I always knew someday you would know the truth."

Her wrinkled hands grab a hold of mine, as she rubs her thumbs along my fingers.

"You look just like her." She whisper, her voice thick with emotion, a small smile on her face.

I let out a sigh, averting my gaze, as the main thought that I've always been told, that one thing I always believed... came to my mind.

"I was a mistake." I sniffle. "I shouldn't have been born. Luise.. She--"

"No. No. Don't ever say that." She cups my cheek. Making our eyes meet. "Forgot about what Luise said. She doesn't matter here." She says with a shake of her head.

"Layla... You were the best thing that ever happened to Stella. To me."

My lips tremble at her kind words. "But everyone treated me like shit, even on dad's side of the family." I whisper.

"They hate me. They all hate me. I have no family."

She looks at me sadly, shaking her head.

"Family don't always have to blood related, sweetheart." She smiles.

"You're surrounded by amazing people and that's what matters now."

I wipe the tears away, as I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm dreaming aren't I?" I whisper, closing my eyes shut, as another tear leaks down.

I knew it was. I'd do anything to never wake up again just to spend the rest of my time with grandma.

"I'm afraid so." She finally replies and I sob into her shoulders.

"Grandma please don't leave me again." I whimper. "I need you. I dont want this dream to ever end."

"You don't need me." She soothes. "I'll always be watching down on you. I always have."

I clutch onto her tighter, squeezing my eyes tight.

"I need vengious. What they did to you.." I grit my teeth. "It's all their fault I couldn't see you. If it weren't for them I could have had an amazing life with you."

"I know, but revenge is never the answer sweetheart. You know that." She replies and I shake my head.

"But they've ruined me!" I squeeze her hand. "They've ruined us. Our perfect happy ending." I release a small sob.

"I have to do something. To show them they haven't won." I feel anger pulse through me.

"And you can." She squeezes my shoulder.

"You can Layla." She repeats, her eyes looking straight to mine in determination.

"Show them. Show them how much of a strong woman you really are. How much better you are than them."

"But I can't--"

"Yes you can." She beams at me. "And soon they'll realise how much of an amazing woman they have lost. You'll see. I know you've got the courage Layla. You just need to dig deep to find it and let go of the past and focus on your amazing future. Don't let those silly bunch of people ruin your life. It's not worth it. And they're not worth it."

After hearing those words, I become speechless. Maybe she's right..

Her hands then release their hold on me and I then realise our time is nearly over. And I sob.

"Thank you grandma. For everything." Tears continuously leak down my eyes, as she smiles warmly.

"And Thank you Layla. For hanging on and being so strong." Her hands caress my cheek lightly as I lean in sobbing.

"I love you Grandma."

"I love you too sweetheart." She gives me one last smile, before turning around.

And then she was gone.

My eyes snap open as I release a heavy sob, my hands touching my wet cheeks. I was crying for real.

"Grandma..?" I whisper, my eyes darting around the room but she wasn't here and my lips tremble.

Be strong.

I take in gulps of air, trying to calm my raging heart.

Be strong.

My eyes close, as an image of grandma enters my mind and a wobbly smile makes way to my lips.

My eyes then land on the clock and my smile freezes.

I was knocked out for 5 hours. Shit Killian must have left by now.

I quickly dart out of my bed but stop when dizziness hits me and I close my eyes shut.

Taking a deep breath I head out the door and down the stairs.

"K-Killian?" I say quietly and get no response. A heavy lump landing in my chest. Fuck. I messed up. I shouldn't have said those things.

He must hate me now.

I rush over to the windows, my gaze looking everywhere for his car and when I couldn't find it, sadness seeps into my chest as my lips begin to tremble.

I hear someone clear their throat right next to my ear and I jump as I see his hand wrap around either side of me and rest against the window sill, trapping me from behind.

"What are we looking at?" I hear his deep husky voice enter my ears, and I feel goosebumps rise on my skin as I feel his close presence behind me, and I turn my head, my eyes connecting with his blue ones.

I blush from his close proximity, and then give him a soft smile, gulping nervously as I recall the incident in the morning. Feeling slightly embarrassed.

"I..I wanted to apologise." I stutter, my cheeks getting even redder, when I notice him growing closer. As he leans further down. His eyes fill with amusement.

"Is that so?" He says, his eyes scanning my face before meeting my own again, as a frown replaces his smirk.

I open my mouth to reply but he beats me to it.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, softly. His rough fingers gently swipe at my wet cheeks.

And I smile, my mind going back to my dream. And he gives me a questioning look, his eyes filled with concern.

Killian's POV

I brush my thumbs over wet bottom lashes, notcing the brightness and happiness in her eyes, as they recall something. Her smile growing.

"They're happy tears." She says, slowly.

"Are they?"

"Reminiscing tears." she smiles, her eyes distancing.

"Right.." my brows raise as she continues, her voice starting to wobble.

"A-dream-come-true tears." She whispers, tears gleaming in her eyes.

"Tears that--"

I snap my fingers in front of her face, snapping her out of it, as she jumps a little, looking up at me with a frown.

She then releases sigh.

"I...I met Grandma." She says quietly, and my fingers on her cheeks freeze, momentarily.

"What?"

"She came.. She actually came to see me." Her voice wobbles, laced with happiness, as she takes a relaxed breath, her lips lifting up again.

"Remember yesterday at the grave? She heard me. She saw everything." A tear trickles down her cheek but her smile didn't falter.

"She s-saw me. That's why she came. To console me. She was real in some way..." Her eyes meet mine as the realisation hits me, that she was talking about her dream.

"She looked just the way that I remembered her..." She whispers. "Perfect. She was perfect in every way."

My lips tug up into a soft smile. "I'm sure she was." I replied.

"I didn't want to let her go. But I knew that I had to." She releases a sigh, her head dropping down, as she looks at the floor.

After some silence, my eyes take in on the weak grip she had on my hand. Whilst my other continuously ran through her hair, comfortingly.

"You want me to make you some food?" I ask.

She lets out a chuckle, shaking her head. Her eyes still dazed.

"She was actually real.. Killian. She came and- and.. She told me things. She said I was strong. She said I--"

"And she's not wrong." I smile at her, as I bend a little, lifting her chin up. My eyes taking in her sickly pale skin.

"Now come, eat some food while I find you some medicine."

I leaned my back against the wall, crossing my arms, as I eyed Layla from the distance who was sat in her chair staring at one spot with that smile of hers still intact, as she eats her food, slowly. Surrounded by her own thoughts.

Her eyes then move over and meet mine. Her smile faltering as she releases a sigh, guilt filling them up.

"You're not mad at me are you?" She says quietly and I raise a brow in response.

"Why would I be?"

"What I said before... When I said you're a murderer. I didn't mean it." She then furrows her brows.

"Well I uh.. I mean I didn't mean to mention that you are--" she cuts herself off, her cheeks reddening. "Uh...."

I chuckle in response. She's adorable.

I then turn to get some paracetomal and then head to the sink pouring some water into a glass. Before handing it over to her, taking the seat next to her.

She frowns at it. "I'm fine Killian."

I scoff in response, my eyes running over her face. "You don't look it."

Her eyes narrow. "What are you trying to say?"

I roll my eyes in response. "You're a magnet for arguments today, aren't you?"

She scoffs in response, but does as I say.

I lean my arms against the table, as I run my hands through my hair, my thoughts running off to Vinnie and his threats.

"Seems that you need a haircut Killian."

I stop my movements as I glance at her from the corner of my eye. Her eyes lit up as I watch as she moves her chair closer, until her leg touches mine.

Her hand raises up as she tugs on my shirt a little.

I quirk a brow. "What are you doing?"

She rolls her eyes. "I'm just looking." She says as her fingers slide through my hair, sensually and I groan.

"I'm good at doing hair. Have you noticed I've had mine done?" She asks, one of her hands lifting a part of her hair up.

My lips quirk up as my eyes trail over the length, shorter than it used to be. But just as beautiful. "I have." My own hand reaches over to her hair, as I run my fingers through her ends and she blushes.

"...I um.. just watched a YouTube video to make it even, so that's how I know how to do it." She continues and I smirk at her flustered look, as I tuck a strand behind her ear, releasing a chuckle.

"So what are you suggesting? That you want to cut my hair?" I asked in amusement, ignoring the ping that came from my phone.

"Now that you say it. Sure I wouldn't mind." She grins her hand trailing down as it lands on my cheek. She pulls her chair even closer to mine, her sweet scent entering my nose.

"What happened here?" She asks, her index finger trailing down on my left cheek, leaving a heated trail and I gently pull her hand away, clearing my throat.

My phone pings again and I use the chance to avoid her curious questions.

Pulling it out my eyes land on Kian's name. I click on the message and notice Layla taking a peek at it as my eyes run along the shit grammar that is his text.

u din't cme hme last nite.
Wat hapend?

I begin to type.

Nothing? Got a little caught up with work at Luca's place.

I hit send and glance at Layla who's stare was on the ring on my finger, as she began to run her thumb over it, with her hand that had stayed in my grip.

"Did Nicole choose this for you?" She asks in a neutral tone, her lips tugged down in a frown.

"Uh, not quite." I try to pull my hand from hers, but she tightens her grip grabbing it with her other hand.

"Who's is it?" She asks, looking at it like it's the most interesting thing with that adorable expression on her face.

"It's mine love." I reply in amusement, raising a brow.

"But isn't someone supposed to give it to you for your wedding or something? I dont know." She asks in confusion and I roll my eyes.

"There was no wedding. I've always worn this but just switched fingers."

She seems surprised.

"You didn't have a pretend wedding or anything?" She asks with narrowed eyes and I scoff.

"That would just be pathetic, it really isn't that big of a deal if I'm being honest." I respond glancing down at my phone, as another message pops up.

Yah thts y he's
at ours rite now...
...Wat r u up to?

I scoff in response and don't reply.

My gaze flickers to Layla as she fiddled with the ring on my finger, pulling it off and slipping it through my index finger.

"I guess you don't need it there anymore." She says, giving me a wink and my brows raise, my lips tugging up into a smirk.

"What are you suggesting?" I lean forward, close enough for her addictive scent to enter my nose.

Her cheeks darken red as she notices the closeness. "Well um..." she trails off and I chuckle my eyes diverting from her large grey ones as they land on the thin chain around her neck, that dipped into her shirt.

Recognition hits me, as I look into her eyes again, raising a brow.

"So you found it then?" My lips quirk up, and she looks at me in confusion.

My hand moves away from hers as I lean closer, trailing my fingers against neck softly, as I skim them over the chain of the necklace, before going lower and slightly under her shirt to untuck the bottom bit.

"Wait." She presses her hand against it, looking embarrassed.

"What?"

"You're gonna think I'm weird or something. I--"

"I already know what it is, love." I chuckle moving her hand as I untuck the heart, it was the one I had bought for her but didnt have the balls to give it to her face to face. A smile forms across my lips as I run my thumb along it gently.

"I didn't think you'd find this." I say, softly, looking back at her to see her cheeks burning red.

I chuckle again.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, I'm glad you're wearing it." I cup her warm cheeks, caressing them.

"But I feel like you think that I'm--" she rambles on, my eyes dropping to her lips as she continues to speak.

My eyes skim over her soft features, that I've missed looking at. Even with her hair messy with strands sticking out in all directions and one of her thin straps falling over her shoulder, she pulled off the look and looked as beautiful as ever.

And especially missed those alluring big grey eyes, as she looks at me. "Killian? Are you even listening to me?" She questions, narrowing her eyes.

My hand slides down and rests on her thigh, as I cup her chin with my other, running my thumb along her pouty lips, I look back into her eyes.

"Can I kiss you?"

Her eyes widen at my abrupt question, her cheeks growing red again. "What?"

My lips were now inches away from hers and she bites her lip, looking unsure as she glanced down at my own. Her pupils dilating.

I run my thumb along her pink lips again, pulling her lip from her teeth.

"B-But what about Nicole, didn't you want to explain--" I cut off her ramble by placing my lips on hers.

Her breath hitches, as I taste her delicious lips, groaning against them as she soon moves her lips with mine. Oh how much I've missed these lips.

My grip on her thigh tightens, as I pull her closer to me, she moans against my lips as she melts into me. Her hand resting against my bicep as her other slides into my hair as she tugs on it, making me groan as I kiss her more roughly.

My hand on her bare thigh loosens, as I begin to rub my hand up and down, she releases a shaky breath against my lips, her fingers digging into my scalp, as she tightens the hold.

I run my tongue along her bottom lip, biting it and she moans. "Wait." She breathes, as I trail my lips away from hers, and down her jaw.

"Hm?" I look into her eyes again, pulling away a bit.

She was a panting mess, lips swollen and her cheeks completely flushed and I grin, pushing her hair back as I wait for her to catch her breath.

"Oh God." She leans her face against my neck, and I chuckle ignoring the beeps coming from my phone.

"I don't think we should kiss because you still have that thing with Nicole." She then let's out, still looking flustered.

"A little too late for that because we just did, love." I smirk, lifting her chin up as our gazes meet.

She sighs, her tongue running along her red swollen lips, and my gaze drops down to them again, my hands landing on either sides of her waist.

"What are you so worried about?" I ask, caressing her waist.

"I.. I'm just um.. I want to know w-what kind of things you did with Nicole." She says hesitantly and my brows raise up.

"Not that I would be mad or upset or anything since we're not together or whatever but--"

"Just ask me what you need to, love." I muse, cupping her cheek as I wait for her response.

"Did you... kiss her?" She asks slowly, looking embarrassed.

"No I didn't." I reply, watching as relief flood through her eyes. And she releases a relaxed breath.

"Okay." She smiles.

I chuckle, as I lean in again. "All good now?"

"Yes." Her voice turns into a quiet moan as I place my lips on hers and she sighs against my lips.

"I missed this..." She says between our kisses and my lips tug up.

"Me too." I deepen the kiss, as I kiss her a bit more roughly, tilting her head as she continues to release moans that drive me crazy.

My hand on her waist slip under shirt a I run my hand over her soft skin and she moans again. I move my hands further up when a voice suddenly cuts in.

"I knew it." The voice came from behind us and I growl in annoyance.

I place one last kiss against hers, savouring her taste before I pull away from her, I hear a disgusted scoff.

"I think I'm gonna puke." He gags and Layla rolls her eyes, as she pulls her hand away, trying to calm her breathing.

"I'm gonna grab something to eat." She tells me a bit breathlessly, as she stands and walks away.

I sigh, as I turn my head in annoyance. "What the hell are you doing here Kian?" I turn my gaze to him, as he stood against the wall with his arms crossed.

"You're just mad that I cut off your making out session." He says, his curled in disgust and I glare at him.

"And maybe if you weren't busy eating her face off. You could have seen the messages." He says and I roll my eyes as I check my phone.

u need 2 finish tht contract by 2nite n u haven't even strted. 1.43pm

? 1.49pm

Killian? 1.54pm

Dats it. Im comin over. 2.01pm

"What do you mean by tonight?" I close my eyes, as I pinch the bridge of my nose, exhaling.

"I mean tonight, Sherlock. Maybe you would have known if you were actually present last night instead of bedding a girl you haven't seen for 2 years."

I release a dark chuckle, anger surging through me. That's it. "Why dont you come here and look at this for a sec." I say and he raises a brow.

"What?" He comes and stops next to me and then I raise my fist and punch him right in the face and he groans stumbling back.

"Fuck man. What was that for?" He clutches his jaw, his face twisting in pain.

"Run your mouth with me like that again and I'll break it the next time." I stand up, clenching and unclenching my fist while he moans out in pain.

"Fuck you man. Wait till Luca hears about this." He whines as he slumps against the chair next to me as he continues to moan like a pussy.

"Oh so he's your dad now?" I grab my keys, as I fix my tie up and slip my jacket on.

He doesn't reply but just groans in pain, and I scoff.

"Go and get any work left in Luca's room, while I go check up on Layla." I then state plainly, turning away and he scoffs.

"Whipped mother fucker." He grunts under his breath and he pushes himself off the chair and heads for the stairs, while I walk into the living room.

I find Layla on the sofa feasting on a big bag of crisps, crumbs on her mouth, her gaze set on the TV.

She looks at me and smiles, showcasting her dimples. "Hi again, I'm just binge watching EastEnders right now. Wanna join?" She pats the seat next to me and smile back.

"Mm, tempting but I have to get going now. Will you be okay here on your own?" I ask and she sighs, her smile faltering.

"I guess, where are you going?" She raises a brow, as she puts another crips into her mouth.

"Just back to my place, im getting a little behind in work." I say, and she gets a thoughtful look.

"Maybe I could come with you? I promise I won't disturb you. Since I don't have much to do here anyway I can maybe see Luca or something." Her eyes shine brightly at the idea.

"Uh.." I run my hand over my hair. I was sure she was going to be a distraction but then again I would feel guilty leaving her here all alone. Oh fuck it. "Sure." I reply. "But--" she doesn't let me finish as she jumps off the sofa.

"Yes! I haven't actually seen your new house so I can't wait!" She places a kiss on my cheek, putting the crisp packet in my hands.

"I'll go get ready." She says as she heads for the door. "I'll be down in 5 minutes, promise." She says and I sigh. Oh great.

Cuz from what I remember, her 5 minutes has always turned out to be an hour.

○●●●○●●●○●●●○●●●○●●●○

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading! Xx Have a good day/night💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 11 12
I picked up my phone and sat down on the edge of the bathtub before opening my messages. A single-lined text filled my vision. My heart lurched in my...
27.9K 2K 22
{Completed - #12 highest} I was walking on a path all alone at midnight. I was just wondering around, until I saw a guy in a hoodie. He was beating t...
3.1M 130K 64
Office rivals fight for the same promotion, while resisting their attraction for each other. LAYLA masks her insecurities behind perfectionism. The g...
67.7K 2.1K 36
[Highest ranking #85] "Your family killed my mother for no reason plus I'm a pathetic weak girl, so don't expect us to be friends even if we have to...