The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 24 - New Arrivals

4.5K 161 48
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 24 - New Arrivals

Tris

It's been very boring all day. Mom, Dad and I have ran out of things to talk about, concidering that's all we do all day, talk. Worst of all, the lights just went off signaling that it's time for bed, and we never got food or water today.

I don't care about me not eating, but mom needs every little bit of food she can get. She is eating for two.

I close my eyes and let the nightmare filled sleep take me over.

* * *

I wake with a start. I just heard some loud noise from outside the door. It wasn't a gun shot, but it sounded more like something falling.

I try blinking my eyes to see if there's anything or anyone in the room, but it's no use.

It's way too dark.

The only things I can make out are the bars of my cell, my mother to my left on the floor sleeping, and the cells across the way, the one all the way to the left containing my father, who is also asleep on the floor.

Bang!

I hear it again. I can make out the sound clearly now.

It's the sound of a door slamming.

That time the sound woke mom up. She jumps up, gasping and looking over at me, hands on her stomach.

"What was that? Are you okay?" She breathes panicked.

"I think it was a door slamming from that way." I point to the right. "And yes, I'm fine. Just startled."

I sink to the back of my cell in fear. I don't want to get shot again. My leg is still unusable from the last three bullets.

Dad is now awake too and is trying to look down the hall like I tried earlier. He gives up and lays back down.

Mom is breathing really heavily and moving to the back corner of her cell like me. I'm about to ask if she's okay when the door to the right opens, the metal banging into the concrete as it swings wide open.

Four people walk in, well, two people walk, the other two are dragged into the room. The people dragging them unlcock the cell next to mine, and the one across from mine, and next to dad's.

A round stomached, blonde haired woman is thrown into the cell next to mine, and a tall, brown haired man is thrown into the one across from mine. They both hit the ground and groan in pain.

The people lock the cells, then leave out the door they came in, flipping on the lights as they leave, signaling that it's morning.

My hands begin to sweat and my bad leg begins to ache when I recognize the people that were thrown in the cells.

One of them being my brother.

The other being Will's sister, co leader of the Allegiant, Cara.

Why?!

I went into the weapons lab to protect people like this! People that I didn't want to die! So more innocent deaths wouldn't be caused by this sick man! Look where that got everyone. Back to ground zero.

I notice something.

Cara is pregnant.

A healthier size than mom pregnant, but probably not far along.

David not only got her, but he has her baby too.

He kidnapped technically three people, and the rest of us, plus all of the other people in this place.

This isn't right.

What is everyone being told about us in this hell hole?

That we were miraculously killed somehow?

That we died?

That we just left the fence?

I know for sure that no one knows that we are here except for David and his co-workers.

How can someone just pull two poeple out of Chicago without question?!

Are people questioning it?

Or have they not even noticed?

I hope so.

"Where am I?" Caleb sits up, blinking his eyes rapidly and rubbing swollen spot on his neck.

He looks around and his eyes grow wide.

"Dad?"

"Mom?"

"Beatrice?" He says in disbelief.

I nod, but he probably doesn't believe me. Just like I didn't believe Mom and Dad at first.His eyes shift next to me, over to Cara.

"Cara! Oh my gosh! Are you okay? The baby?"

Why is he so concerned about her and her baby?

Wait a second... are they-

"Yes, we're fine Caleb." She sits up, also rubbing her partially swolen neck.

Her eyes land on me.

"Tris?!" She asks in disbelief.

I nod.

"Your alive." She says more like a statement than a question.

Cara reaches over to my leg and touches it like she thinks I'm a ghost or something. I flinch from even the tiniest bit of pressure from her hand on my injured leg. She pulls it off quickly and looks at me with confusion and looks back at my leg closely.

"I was shot; three times actually."

"Oh my god." She says so quiet I can barely hear her.

"I'm fine. Really. I am." I say also trying to convince myself.

Trying to get the topic off of me I ask, "So, how far along are you? Who's the father?" Gesturing my hand to her stomach. I have a good feeling of who the father already is...

"I'm around three months with a baby girl. The father is someone you know quite well, actually." She looks toward Caleb.

I look at him and feel my eyes go wide.

"Tris, your going to be an Aunt. Mom, Dad. Your going to be grandparents." Caleb announces, smiling.

I think this is the first time I've smiled in three years.

An Aunt.

I'm going to be an Aunt!

Correction: I'm going to be an Aunt once/ if I get out of here.

I look over at Mom, she has tears of joy going down her face probably not the best time for her to have hormones... Dad is somewhat hugging Caleb through the bars, and I look over at Cara it see that her eyes are watering as well.

I move closer to the bars, as does she and we have a kind of hug through the bars and the baby.

"Can I?" I ask moving my hand toward her stomach.

She nods.

As gently as possible, I place my left hand on her stomach, my eyes getting a little watery as well. I don't know what to say! I've been gone for three years and now I just found out that my brother got married and is expecting a baby in three months!

I rub her baby bump slightly and just when I'm about to take it off, I feel a small vibration. It's quick to come, then stops amost immediately. I look at Cara and she has tears coming down her face.

"The baby? Is she okay?" I try to take my hand off but she holds it there.

"She kicked for the first time!" She exclaims so everyone can hear.

Sure enough, she kicks my hand again and again. I start to laugh and cry at the same time.

That's my niece.

"She must already like her Aunt Tris." Caleb laughs but has tears going down his face as well.

I lean down, ignoring the pain in my leg, and kiss her round stomach.

I just hope that she will live to see a world other than this.

A/N-

Hi humans!

So, I have 1.32k reads! I've decided I'm just going to post how many reads I have on each chapter just for fun and to see how much it goes up after each update.

I don't plan on posting the comments or votes, but I just had to say that I have 46 votes! Such a special number... *sighs*

I wasn't planning on updating today, but I have a snow day and school was canceled so, here's the chap! I may update again, may not. It depends..

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tris Prior By AJ

Fanfiction

266K 6.5K 54
"Will he save her?" // 1/3 books :) // CAUTION: Explicit Content
47.5K 1.1K 30
Book Four +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three : All for You. Book T...
755K 18.1K 68
Two years after Allegiant Tris comes back to the factions. Nobody knows who she really is, even Tobias. She's not sure she's ready to tell anyone tha...
93.3K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...