Violet Detours; A Mobile Lege...

By MongjiGuin23

Caught between the war of light and darkness, runaways Gusion and Guinevere crossed paths and developed a bon... More

Author's Note/ Disclaimer
Seeing a Beautiful Angel before my Death
Running Away is the New Trend
The Amateur Thief
Kimmy, Protector of the Moniyan Empire
Saved by a Ridiculously Awful Music
The Monastery of Light
Diggie the Chronologist
A Blood Demons' Romance
Lancelot, the Fool in Love
Odette the Swan Princess
Betrayed, here and there
The Long Lost Love
Injured...and confused
Miss Violet's 5-Second-Torture
Locking Her Own Cage
The Abyssal Queen
The Reinforcements
Mesmerized to Love
Light and Darkness
Cold as You
Hot and Cold
Kiss in the Rain
A Healing which May or May Not Work
The Quest
Hunt and hunted
After Her
Into Deeper Uncertainties
Granger craves Chicken
Following the Stinky Gray Man
Playing with Wrath
The Death Sonata
Wake up, Rafaela
The Pain and Misery that came after the Sacrifice
Nightmares and Traumas and Distractions
A Kiss in the Dark
Dyrroth's Invasion: The Abyssal Queen, mocking
Dyrroth's Invasion: Lady Crane, fuming
Dyrroth's Invasion: The Dhampir, Turning
Dyrroth's Invasion; The Boys Who Cared Too Much
Dyrroth's Invasion; The Prince of the Abyss, striking
The Light of Dawn
Gusion, admitting
Farewell: The Last Chapter
BOOK 2 UPDATE!

Just a little GuGu time 😉

972 55 5
By MongjiGuin23

"Oh, bold Miss Violet comes to watch my show." Granger jested when he saw Guinevere enter the Music Room.

He had been fiddling with his violin in his favorite cushioned one-seater of the room, right in front of the fire place, which was unlit.

A dim orb light next to the place's threshold was the only source of light in the room, making Guinevere's figure almost just a silhouette in his view.

Mostly no one used the Music Room except for him, and it had been his hiding place whenever the outside world stressed him.

Guinevere threw herself at the seat right across him, releasing a deep breath. "Can you please spare me from your canny remarks, even just for now?"

A smile tugged at the side of his lips as he looked at the lady's stressed expression. "Starting to regret it now?"

She frowned and looked at him. "Regret what?"

Granger leaned his violin at the foot of his seat and leaned back. "You know, agreeing to carry on with your marriage just to join us."

Her furrowed brows went deeper as she shook her head. "No. I don't."

Granger's usual playful expression faded and he stared at Guinevere, realizing the girl's one-track mindedness.

He had been around her enough to figure out that she usually make decisions and barely regret it later. It was fascinating for someone who mostly did decisions and regret it almost all the time.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Guinevere asked.

"Because the way your mind works is fascinating."

"And why would that be?"

Granger shrugged. "Had it been a different lady given with your choice, she wouldn't even consider staying to fight. She would've headed straight home without even a backward glance."

"I'm sure someone would choose what I did." Guinevere doubted.

He sighed and looked sideways, being reminded how logical she could be. "Fine. Let's just say there is. But it's rare." He elaborated. "If I was given that choice, I would've went home straight."

Guinevere's eyes sharpened at Granger and she crossed her arms. "So that's it. Why do you have to include other ladies when it was just actually your choice?"

Granger glared at her. "You're frustratingly opinionated."

"So I was told."

"So if you're not regretting having chosen the less favorable choice, then what is the reason for your anxious shuffling?"

"I do not regret it. But I am afraid..." She admitted, sighing and her voice faltering as she leaned back on her chair and looked at the unlit fireplace, finding similarity at its darkness with her future."...afraid of arriving in that part of the future."

"Lady Guinevere, you know you could still go back now and take the deal back? And negotiate with them that you'll stay home in exchange of them canceling, not postponing but canceling, the betrothal."

Guinevere shook her head. "I need to be in this, Granger. That is not an option."

"You're incredible." He blurted out before he could even process his thought.

"That is so out of the blue."

"But really, what are you thinking? Why would you give up your chance of freedom just to stay here?"

Guinevere stared at Granger's eyes. They were brown, black in the darkness, but sometimes, when lights hit them, they turn into a shade of crimson. A rare sight for someone who seemed to be so good; mischievous personality aside.

Guinevere shrugged. "Fighting alongside you and the others...it was just so new to me. And though I got so many injuries more than I've ever got my entire life...I felt like I've never been more alive."

Granger's gaze turned soft as they stared at her. "So you got it, too." He mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"The calling. The passion to fight despite death just hovering over us."

"Yes. I guess so."

Granger smiled again cannily. "There it is." he proclaimed and got to his feet, picking up his violin. "If you're not afraid of death, then you shouldn't be afraid of a damn marriage."

He patted the top of her head before leaving the room.

She was dumbstruck.

Granger really had a way of stating a truth that she missed to see despite it being already in front of her.

He was definitely right. She should just live her life while she could.

She turned her head towards the door when she heard something hitting the floor.

She caught Gusion's tall form, looking down and being surprised by the empty violin case he knocked over the floor with his leg.

"Gusion?" She called. He looked like he was heading out.

But he turned to her when she called. "Sorry. I was told Granger was looking for me and that he is here."

"Oh. He just left."

"Well..." There was a pause from him, as if he waa contemplating if he should leave or stay to chat. He chose to stay, leaning against the table a few feet away from where Guinevere was sitting. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Why d'you ask?"

"Because it wasn't just a few days ago when you were yelling mad at me, ranting about how ladies are being forced to traditions without a choice." He pulled out a blade from one of his sheathes, creating five more as it floated over his palm and glowing blue. He made it fly towards the fireplace, lighting the place in a blue glow. "You never really strike me as

"I know, right..." She agreed, staring at the blades that assembled on top of each other like woods creating fire, the magic emanating from it emphasizing what she already know; "This is my path. I know it."

"Fighting? Or marriage?" Gusion asked, making her turn her gaze towards him, his words hitting like thorns growing inside her own chest.

But Guinevere forced a smile. "I guess I would have to make the most of my time then, before I surrender my freedom. To your family." She added hesitantly.

Gusion scoffed bitterly, heading to the chair Granger occupied earlier and leaning back into its backrest.

"I guess you're gonna be my sister-in-law then." He said, the light tone of his voice easing her a bit.

The last thing she needed at the moment was a serious conversation that could make her already-sinking heart drown into the depth of her own darkness.

"Right. Who do you think among your brothers would be a suitable choice?" She jested.

Gusion stared at her, his brows furrowing. "Are you seriously asking me?"

Guinevere shrugged. "You're the one who knows them well. I may have given up my freedom but at least give me the upper hand and let me choose."

Gusion let out a breathy chuckle, but she could'be sworn the edges of his smile looked a little bitter. "Well, I can assure you that they are all noble gentlemen. And, like you, have a doubt on swords."

"I don't have a doubt on swords." She argued.

"So you did just try to return the one I gave you because you were upset."

She rolled her eyes skyward. "It was really heavy." She insisted.

"But useful. You would have to agree with that."

She scoffed a chuckle. "Alright." She agreed in surrender. "You got a lot of affection for those blades."

"I do." He admitted then his face turned serious as he leaned forward. "Anyway, I haven't told you yet, but the way you cut that demon's fingers...was striking."

She frowned. "Did you just complimented me?"

He nodded, a smile tugging at the side of his lips.

When she met him, he was this cold, distant boy who barely smiled except for mocking times.

But recently she had been seeing this genuine, dazzling smile of his that she was starting to get used to it.

"I deserve that though." She boasted. "I was brilliant."

He chortled. "Alright. But it would've been better if you stayed conscious until the end though."

"I was already injured before that." She defended.

"What I'm trying to say is...try not to knock yourself out next time." There was no hint of mockery or critique in his voice, just pure, sincere and gentle advice from a a companion who meant well.

She shrugged. "I'll try."

"What about a bet then?" He proposed.

"I'm listening."

"The first one who gets injured next should do something for the other."

"Cuts and bruises doesn't count." She assured.

Gusion agreed.

"Alright. That's an agreement." She held out her hand to Gusion's direction without bothering to sit up straight in her chair.

"This should be interesting." He leaned forward and took her hand, shaking it, only for them to jerk it away at the same as they felt a static hit their skin.

"Didn't I tell you to keep your magic in check?" She complained, finally sitting up as she felt the tips of her index finger tingling where the spark had hit.

"I'm not the only one having magic energy here." He reminded.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk."

Both of them turned to the door's direction, seeing Granger who was leaning against the threshold and crossing his arms in his chest.

"I don't understand why the two of you stay in the same room when you know all too well you'll just end up arguing." He said as he walked inside and bent to pick up the violin case that was laying on the floor. "Shouldn't you two be trying to get along? You'll eventually end up as in-laws, anyway."

"Right." Gusion muttered.

"Anyway," Granger walked closer to them, propping the empty violin case over the table as he leaned to it."that lady this morning..what was her name?" He frowned as he tried to remember the name.

"Lesley?" Gusion helped.

"Right. Lady Lesley."

"What about her?"

"How good is she with that gun?" Granger asked, his brows furrowed as if he was displeased that someone might be better than him at a weapon similar to his.

"She'd mastered it a long time ago." Gusion answered with no hesitation. "Why do you ask?"

"Do you think she could compete one on one with me? I'be been looking for someone who could compete with my skills."

"She can, but she won't play your childish game."

"You haven't even told her yet."

"She's too busy to play."

Granger rolled his eyes skyward in frustration. "It's not a game." He insisted and frowned. "You're not barricading her, are you? Are you her boyfriend?"

"Of course not!" Gusion snapped, a little to loudly to make Guinevere pay more attention to how he reacted as the two boys talked about Lesley.

"Then tell her. She might be on with it."

"Alright." Gusion said in surrender, knowing Granger would bug him all night if he won't. "But don't come crying if she'll beat you up to a pulp."

Granger wasn't affected though, his smile looking crazier. "I haven't cried in a long time." He said excitedly.

Guinevere and Gusion did not even bother being surprised by his response.

"I look forward to it." Granger said, thrilled, his mischievous grin looking like it was permanently glued in his face. He drew close to Gusion and patted his shoulder. "I'm counting on you."

Then he started heading towards the door. "Good night to the both of you."

"What's the deal with that guy?" Gusion muttered when Granger disappeared out of the door.

"I'm not even surprised anymore." She muttered nonchalantly, staring at the door where Granger disappeared. Then she looked at him. "You seem to know Lady Lesley well."

His brows arched as he looked at her, reminded of her curious mind. "We've known each other since I was ten."

"She's stunning, gun and all." She said, staring at his face and trying to catch how his expression changed.

"She is." He agreed, his voice hesitant. "But why are you looking at me like that?"

"What?" She asked, arching her brows in mock innocence.

"That annoying look I usually see on Granger's eyes."

She chuckled and looked away, Gusion staring at her.

"Seems like that guy had his influence on you."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She denied. "But really, you like her, don't you?"

Gusion shook his head dismissively. "That's it. Let's get out before you get more annoying."

He got to his feet and looked down at her. "I'll walk you to your quarters."

She didn't budge and just stared at him teasingly.

"Let's go." He urged, tilting his head to gesture the door.

"You know you're being defensive right now, right?" She pressed, enjoying how he looked flustered.

"I'm not. But I know how persistent you are, so let's go." He bent down and grabbed her arm to pull her to her feet.

Then he came behind her, pressed his palms against her back and led her out of the room.

"You're just three doors away from my room, right?" He inquired as they came walking along the hallways.

Rafaela had already given them their quarters knowing they would be staying longer this time. And it was just a floor lower than Alucard, Granger and her room, saying they should be as close to them as possible, making something inside Guinevere's chest bloom.

For the first time in Guinevere's life, she felt like she really belonged somewhere other than Castle Gorge, having a greater sense of purpose than just being someone's  daughter or a suitable wife.

They stopped right in front of her door, where she opened the knob and looked at Gusion.

"Good night."

"Good night, Lady Guinevere." He answered. "And stay away from Granger. He seems to be influencing you."

She chuckled just as she entered her room and closed the door behind her, temporarily forgetting her doom for the night as she changed into her night clothes and sunk into dreams the moment she hit the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 205 33
"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hurt her. She knew it from the very beginn...
7K 220 10
18+ | 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳✔️ | 30, 726 word count ❛❛𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽. 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷, 𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾...
4.2K 1.8K 51
Cover by: @Caitlyn-Blayne "After the great war, King Archeron, who was not yet a king, was the obvious choice to be the monarch of Avenlea. He poss...
536K 15.5K 129
When Merlin ventured back to Ealdor to help fight off Kanen, he returned to Camelot with someone else, his little sister, Miriam. With a fiery perso...