Life In A World With Phantoms...

By Flxwer1800

In a once normal world, there was a company that made a mistake and changed that forever. The virus released... More

Chapter 1 : Age of Phantoms
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11(Finale)

Chapter 9

2K 67 11
By Flxwer1800

Hola Garden. I'm here with another chapter. Although I will be skipping 2 of the episodes. The one where the group takes place in a play and the episode where Ruru grows to human size. I wasn't really feeling those episode and didn't see much opportunity to write Y/N in so I just wanted to jump past that. Sorry if you wanted to see those episodes, but they would have been boring as hell. But that aside I hope you enjoy the chapter. 

The group ate at a restaurant, enjoying their day off and having fun. 

Reina : That was quite the meal.

Y/N : You always seem to have room to put it down. Other girls would kill for that. 

Reina : I'm sorry. 

Koito : Dont apologize. This is your reward after all, for all the hard work that you've done. 

The children in the restaurant broke their concentration as they were making noise and forcing the parents into action.

Ruru : Those parents really have it rough don't they. Were you all that rowdy when you were little kids? 

Kurumi : I was picky eater.

Reina : My parents were too strict for that. 

Koito : Cant remember. 

Mai : Dont remember either. 

Ruru : Y/N?

Y/N : Quiet for the most part.  With the ocasional outburst of energy and getting into fights at school. Normal kid stuff.

Haruhiko stayed quiet while they all talked about their childhood. After they were done eating the separated and went home. Y/N went to sleep and Haruhiko worked on the device that Ruru had picked up from the Alayashiki labs. He needed something to continue working but stumbled upon a box containing things from his past. He found a paper which detailed the events the events of day. Its purpose is was for an assignment. He read it and then ended his day. 

Mini Timeskip

Y/N woke up and began preparing fro school. While getting ready he heard voice of a child but he brushed it off as the neighbors children. He finished getting ready and headed for the door. 

Y/N : Haruhiko, c'mon we're gonna be late. 

As he opened the door a tiny child speeded his way out the door. Y/N was understandably confused but upon further inspection noticed that the child was Haruhiko. 

Y/N : What the hell. No that cant be right. 

Y/N locked the door and ran after him. He called out to Haruhiko but he didn't stop. After continuous chasing Y/N noticed that they were almost at the school but Haruhiko ran towards the lower division of the school. 

Y/N : Why would he be going that way? We're in high school. 

Looking ahead he lost Haruhiko but had an idea of where to look for him. 

Haruhiko on the other ran to Class 1-A but was surprised to see that he didn't recognize any of the students and nor did they he. But seeing as he didn't belong he just left the class and sat in front of the steps. Kurumi who was walking to the school saw little Haru but didn't recognize him. But she struck conversation with him on his situation. 

Kurumi : So you went to class but didn't recognize anyone?

Haruhiko : And no one seemed to know me either. 

Kurumi : Well let's go to the teacher and see if they can help. What's your name anyway?

Haruhiko : Haruhiko Ichijo. 

Kurumi recognized the name but seemed to not piece it together. Nonetheless they went to the teachers office. They spoke to the teacher, but unsurprisingly the teacher couldn't find Haru in the schools register. 

Kurumi : Are you sure your name is Haruhiko Ichijo. 

Haruhiko : Yeah I'm sure.

Y/N who ran through the school looked in all the classes was about to give up. Until he thought  like a kid. 

Y/N : If I were a kid and didn't know where to go where I be? *Slightly taps fist into palm* Teachers office. 

He teleported as fast as he could and finally found his location and went inside he saw Haruhiko with Kurumi. 

Y/N : Oh thank God. 

Kurumi : Y/N do you know this boy? He keeps saying that his name is Haruhiko Ichijo.

Y/N : *Deadpan face* She cant be this oblivious. Seriously, Kurumi that is Haruhiko. Look at his sketchbook.

As she did that Y/N spoke to him. 

Y/N : Haruhiko do you remember that girl over there? *Points to Kurumi* 

Haruhiko : *Looks at Kurumi* No I dont. Sorry.

Y/N : Okay,what about me? 

Haruhiko looked intently at his face but seemed to be lost.

Haruhiko : No...I'm sorry you do look like an old friend of mine but he moved away. I wonder how he's doing. 

Y/N : I'm sure he's doing fine. Now do you mind coming with me? I know where we're supposed to be and I know someone who might be able to help us. 

Y/N extended his hand toward Haruhiko who reluctantly took it. Y/N smiled and hoisted him above his head and onto his shoulder. 

Y/N : You comfy up there? 

Haruhiko : Yeah. 

Mini Timeskip

Y/N followed by Kurumi made it to the upper division of the school and to the clubroom where the rest of his team met up with him.

Y/N : So what's the verdict? 

Ms. Himeno : Well he does bear a striking resemblance to him when he was in elementary school.

Y/N : That's already been established, the other thing is that he doesn't remember any of us. 

Reina : He doesn't? 

Y/N : Not at all. Look. *Stoops close to Haru* Haru do you remember any of these girls? 

Haruhiko looked at them all only to shake his head in response. The girls then tried to get him to remember things which inadvertently made a little stressed him out before Mai broke him out of his trance. 

Mai : Look its okay, well figure this out together as soon as we can. 

Y/N : *Teleports in front of Haruhiko* Yeah we'll take good care of you. 

Haruhiko : You both need to stop treating me like a child. 

Y/N : You're like 3 feet tall and you belong in elementary school technically.

Mai : Any who, so you've been like this since you woke up right? 

Haruhiko  : It better than waking up as a monstrous insect.

Mai : Huh?

Haruhiko : *Looks confused* You're in high school and you still haven't read that  book yet.

Mai looked upset that a person of Haru's current age made her feel stupid. 

Ruru : I guess that he's always been a nerd. 

Y/N : He's always been like that. He's the reason I didn't fail I our earlier years of school. 

Y/N then got closer to Haruhiko. Haruhiko looked up to him on to see Y/N bring a fist to his head. He flinched but on felt the fist gently rubbing in his head. 

Y/N : Just because you know something at a younger age that she doesn't mean that you are allowed to act like a jerk maybe they just haven't taught her yet. Now apologize. 

Haruhiko : *Sighs* Fine. Mai I'm sorry. *Looks to Y/N* Happy?

Y/N : I'm not the one you should be asking.

Mai : You are forgiven. 

Mai smiled at Haruhiko and then Y/N. Everyone else was surprised that Y/N took a very parental approach to the situation. 

Reina : Who knew that Y/N would have the makings of a great father. 

Y/N : You get a blueprint of what not to do after having a shitty dad. *Deep breath* Ms. Himeno what do you suggest that we do? 

Ms. Himeno : Well since you have class with him ensure that he goes throughout the day like normal. And I want you to keep an eye on him. Once the day is over we'll head to his house to investigate. 

Y/N : Alright c'mon Haru. *Holds out hand* 

Haruhiko took his hand only to be flung into the air and land on Y/N's shoulders. 

Y/N : We'll see you ladies later. *Walks through door and Haru waves goodbye* Now stay close to me, you are very adorable so they girls will try to kidnap you. 

They approached the class and stepped inside and confused the hell out of everyone. 

Shosuke : Uh Y/N you have a kid on your shoulders. 

Y/N : *Sarcastically* Really I hadn't noticed. *Nudges Haru* Intro duce yourself. 

Haruhiko : My name is Haruhiko Ichijo I have been turned into a child and have been notified that I attend this high school. Y/N could you please hand me some chalk? 

Y/N complied and Haru wrote his name on the blackboard once he was finished He pat Y/N's head twice and Y/N placed him on the floor and began to fix his uniform and his hair. 

Girls : They are so cute1!! 

Y/N : Oh boy. 

Throughout the day Y/N and Haru were swarmed by the girls and could barely get any breathing room. 

Timeskip brought to you by chibi young Haruhiko pulling chibi Y/N towards the playground. 

After the day of school the team headed back to Haru's house and began to look around. 

Koito : I'm not sensing anything. Y/N, you getting anything? 

Y/N : No I'm not getting anything. All the phantoms in the area are familiars. 

Ruru : Maybe its one that comes out at night. 

Reina : Which means that he shouldn't be left alone. Luckily Y/N is already here to stay with him. And he's more than capable of watching him.

Haruhiko : Its okay I'm used to being alone. 

Y/N had a sad look on his face when Haruhiko said that. 

Y/N : Okay Mai need you to come with me. 

Mai : Why? 

Y/N : I need your help to do some shopping for our new child?

Mai : Our child?  *Blushes*

Haruhiko : I am not a child. 

Y/N : Your 6, just deal with it. Yeah and I think that I might make a wrong decision. 

Mai : *Deep breath* Sure.

Y/N, Haru and Mai went to the mall and began their shopping. They bought clothes and food and some books for his amusement. However throughout the process Haru gave them a very hard time by asking for too much and not wanting to cooperate with them. At the end of it all Haru fell asleep forcing Y/N to carry him and carry one of the bags to help Mai. They were both exhausted and stumbled through the door. 

Mai : God I'm exhausted, is it okay if I crash here tonight? 

Y/N : Yeah just *Yawns* if you wanna shower go ahead I get you some clothes. 

Mai : Okay Thanks. 

As she walked away she heard Y/N waking up Haru to get him cleaned. She found the bathroom and while she was showering she thought back on what Y/N said earlier. 

Y/N : I need your help to do some shopping for our new child?

Mai : Why did he have to say our child. It sounds like we...

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard knocking on the door. 

Y/N : Mai I hope you dont mind but you can wear some of my clothes to sleep in. I also made something to eat really quick so you can head to the kitchen when your done. And you can sleep in the guest room.

Mai : That's fine. Thank you. Good night.

Once Y/N left Mai, was left alone with her thoughts again and they just branched out. When she was finished she looked at the clothes Y/N left for her, an t-shirt that was too big for and a pair of underwear. She put it on and made way to the kitchen and ate the food that was prepared. Once finished she made her way toward the guest room walked through the dark room and threw herself onto the bed. 

Mai : Oh yeah this is gonna feel good. 

Mai began to drift off until she felt something land on her hand. She quickly retracted her hand a saw that she was laying in bed with Y/N. She was about to scream but realized that he was sleeping. She looked at his face as it rested peacefully. She went to touch his face but he began to wake up. 

Y/N : * Tired voice* Hello there.

Mai : Hi. 

Y/N : Might I ask what you're doing in my room? 

Mai: *Giggles* This is the guest room. 

Y/N : Oh...I must've fallen asleep in here buy accident. I was cleaning in here for you. I'll leave. *Starts to get up* 

Mai : No its fine you're already asleep. Just stay here. 

Y/N stayed down at Mai's request and rested in silence for a moment before Mai broke it. 

Mai : Why did you look sad when Haruhiko said he was used to being alone? 

Y/N : It reminded me of how lonely he used to be. Before I became friends with him he was always alone. I'm don't remember why that was maybe because he was different from the rest of us. 

Mai : How'd you become friends? 

Y/N : We had a project and I got partnered with him...and I wanted to beat him up all the time.

Mai : I did not expect that. Why, and what made you change?

Y/N : Similar to how he made you feel stupid he did it to me all the time but I eventually learned some of the stuff he was saying so I could feel less like an idiot. Why I changed was because he said that I was the closest thing to a friend that he had.  I had friends but they were more like henchmen since I was a trouble maker. So we became best friends. But after I left I felt like I failed at being his friend. 

Mai : That's so sweet. I'm so glad that you found someone in each other. 

Y/N : Yeah *slowly drifts to sleep* me too...

Before her eyes Y/N fell asleep, Mai had a small smile as she watched she inched close to him and kissed his forehead. And soon followed his lead into falling asleep. 

Ever since that day Y/N and Mai became parents when it came to taking care of Haruhiko. They practically became full time parents. They took on the everyday parental duties such as cooking, cleaning and things of that sort. Y/N even got a part time job time to help out Mai. On top of that they still had their own things to take care. Such as school and hunting phantoms. For the most part they were absolutely drained by the new onslaught of their new responsibilities. 

Mai walked in carrying Y/N on his back and placed him on his seat. When he sat his head slumped back and looked at the ceiling in agony. Mai sat beside him and just hung back. 

Ms. Himeno : And how are our parents doing?

Y/N lifted his head and from shear laziness fell foreword and hit the desk. 

Mai : Does that answer your question? We're almost flat broke and tried all the time. Ms. Himeno you gotta help us out here 

Ms. Himeno I apologize but my evenings are always quite full. 

Kurumi : If those Haruhiko doesn't revert to his older self, those two will run themselves down and get sick

Ruru : Maybe we could jolt his memory. 

Ruru they tried to get Haruhiko to look at a adult magazine but it failed all it did was make him flustered. Reina then vowed that they would help to help rectify the problem. Haruhiko heard the commotion and couldn't help but feel guilty 

The trio were on their way home and on the way home and Haruhiko noticed a child playing at a park with his parents. He looked on with jealousy and tightened his grip on Y/N's hand. Y/N knew what he was feeling but left is as is. 

Mini Timeskip 

The three of them had already settled down and were in their own rooms. Y/N looked at his phone before the thunder that accompanied the rain broke his concentration. The thunder cracked again, this time followed by a tiny scream. Y/N got out of his bed and went to check on Haru who was cowering under the sheets. 

Y/N : Haru?

Haruhiko : Y-Y-Yeah.

Y/N : Are you scared of the thunder? 

Haruhiko : Dont be ridiculous.

Thunder struck again and let out sound comparable to a trapped mouse. 

Y/N : You know its okay if your scared. 

Y/N walked closer to Haru and sat near on the edge of the bed. Mai who also heard Haruhiko came in and sat next to Y/N.

Y/N : I know that dealing with things on your own really suck. I know what that feels like. 

Haruhiko : My dads gone all the time and my mom is gone she just up and left. So I was alone a lot, I had gotten used to it. Then I had a friend who made me feel less lonely. It was great. But then he left and I didn't get to see him again. And those lonely feelings came back.

Y/N listened to the story while a tear rolled down his face. 

Y/N : I had a friend too while I was in a similar situation but just more harsh. My friend made me feel like I wasn't alone, literally and figuratively. But I had to leave. He's kinda like you now that I think about it. 

Haruhiko : *Peaks from under sheets* Really?

Y/N : Yeah, he was a smart little know it all. 

Haruhiko : You do remind me of him, but you seem to be more refined for lack of a better term. 

Mai : Well I totally feel like a third wheel. What say we go to the park tomorrow. 

Haruhiko : Yeah that sounds like fun. *Smiles*

Timeskip brought you by chibi Haruhiko reading Y/N a bedtime story. 

The next day arrived and they went to the park and had fun. To other people they trio looked like a young couple who was enjoying time with their child. Throughout the day Mai felt random moments of fatigue. Y/N took notice.

Y/N : Dont push yourself too much. 

Mai : I'll be fine. How about you. 

Y/N : Same as you I guess. 

After playing on that section, they made way to play somewhere else. As they were walking Haru was speaking to Mai about something Y/N felt off. Like something was about to happen. He noticed a cat relieving himself on the sandbox. And like a sixth sense he quickly summoned his bow and pointed it at the sandbox. 

Mai : Y/N what's wrong? 

As soon as she said that the sand in the sandbox emerged and reacted to the urine in its sand and it was not very happy about that. Its attention turned to Y/N and co. It sent an attack in their direction in defense Y/N Summoned an Ice arrow and shot it at the ground which burst into a wall of ice and protected them from the attack. Mai emerged from the wall and dashed toward the phantom. She was about to attack but she felt a moment of weakness and fell to the ground. 

Before she hit the ground Y/N teleported in and caught her. He summoned his bow and tried to shoot the phantom but the arrow slid right through him. Y/N considered shooting a bomb arrow but it might hit a civilian on the other side. He grabbed Mai and tried to teleport out of the swirling sand but his vision was severely impaired. Haruhiko ran into the storm in a attempt to help but soon became trapped himself. 

Haruhiko : Y/N I'm coming to help you!

Y/N : No, get out of here!

Haruhiko tried to make his way toward them but was attacked. Using the sound from the attack Y/N figured out where Haruhiko was he threw an Ice arrow and made a wall to stop any possible attacks. He did the same for himself and Mai. Y/N wondered how they would get out of this situation and heard Haruhiko scream something and he was back to his regular self. He summoned Cthulhu and hosed down the phantom with water. 

Y/N sighed a breath of relief and threw fire arrows at the ice walls and melted them. Haruhiko ran to their aid. 

Haruhiko : Are you okay? 

Y/N : I'm fine, you pervert. 

Haruhiko : Who the hell are you calling a pervert. 

Mai : You. You're naked. 

Haruhiko looked at himself and saw that he was only in underwear. He quickly covered himself only for Y/N to throw regular clothes at him. 

Y/N : I thought you might turn back to your regular self so I packed these just in case. 

Haruhiko got dressed and Y/N picked up Mai and they headed home. Mai was blushing mess as she was being carried.

Y/N : Mai how are we feeling? 

Mai : Better. 

Y/N : Oh and next time you want to kiss me. Try my lips next time/ 

Haru and Mai : WHAT???

Hello Garden. Sorry I took an unexpected break. The world just feels like a shit show and just discouraged me from writing. But I'm back hopefully. Now I hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a nice day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 728 49
Y/n L/n was an Unlucky guy when he got hit by A Bolt of Lightning sent by God but he gets another chance at Life as the OP God of His own empire and...
56.9K 669 20
When thinking of the most popular kids at Kuoh Academy, the name Y/N L/N hits the bottom of the list. When an attack leads to his reincarnation as a...
30.7K 864 40
This is A Story Inspired by @Blackmega2004, so This is A Reaction Story about A Guy Named Y/n and the people around his Reacting to A Multiverse insp...
124K 2.3K 61
His name is Y/n L/n and he woke up all of a sudden in a mysterious and crazy world where all characters from different franchises like games, TV show...