Unwavers Of Fate

By lily_lovemore

IN-PROGRESS 💜 A Sequel To The Seven. After the twisting events occurred, K-East had won the hearts of many... More

Chapter 1: Awake
Chapter 2: Guilt
Chapter 3: Fresh Start
Chapter 4: Light
Chapter 5: Shadow
Chapter 6: Black Swan
Chapter 7: Her Favorite Things
Chapter 8: Remember Me
Chapter 10: Missing You
Chapter 11: So Far Away
Chapter 12: Contemplation
Chapter 13: Stigmatized
Chapter 14: Decision
Chapter 15: Her Name
Chapter 16: Valerie
Chapter 17: Boy Meets Evil
Chapter 18: Lotte World
Chapter 19: Wild Chase
Chapter 20: Who...?
Chapter 21: Inner Child
Chapter 22: Alter Ego

Chapter 9: Love Lies

63 2 0
By lily_lovemore

One week later...

...

...

...

The guest speakers recited an opening prayer and went on to share their stories. And black was the color that showed grief and sorrow over the young woman, lying peacefully in the open casket. A couple of white roses were displayed on both sides as everyone else was sitting down and listening to the priest talking during the ceremony. Bryan's arm was consoling Ava, who was crying silently, including Sally being comforted by Min-Jun at the front view.

The seven members made their own speeches on the podium where they glanced back and forth at the audience and the person they've considered as a friend.

"Last year before my group and I patched things up, Valerie usually came into my restaurant and helped me finish baking the cupcakes and desserts. Let me tell you, she does great in the catering service and could impress Baek Jong-won," Joon-wo spoke calmly with a smile, causing them to chuckle in the background. He continued on when he held a small pin in his hand, saying. "I would have given her a simple token of gratitude if she was here or at least, before she walked out of that door. She will be missed..."

He then stepped back and looked at Min-Jun, who gently moved a few steps and spoke in a monotonous tone. "When I was at my basketball practice in the gym, she came in and started asking me questions that soon turned into a conversation that I'd never expected. I realized that she was very determined and open-minded to the things she can and will do. She was somebody that anyone can depend on and will listen to."

Ryung formed his lips in a thin line and nodded curtly. "I remember the time when she surprised me with a gift set of my two favorite movies. She was a giver rather than a taker and for that, I'm grateful to know her..." He gestured to the other member to take the spot.

Hwan then cleared his throat and said in desolation. "Hmm... I-uh, I genuinely agree with what you've all said and it's true... Valerie is exceptional, thoughtful, and daring because she is one of the people who love to go on adventures, especially when we took a trip to Jeju Island. That was an incredibly fun time for us. She didn't allow herself to be affected by whatever rocks that were being thrown at her. And instead, she chose to keep standing on her ground. What I will always remember is how easygoing she is with others and her smile." With that being said, he turned his head away and stood in the back.

Jiyoo moved forward and adjusted the microphone gooseneck. He held onto his paper and surveyed carefully before he cited. "Recently, I was up all night, thinking about what to write and then, it just hit me to the point where I should express what's in the bottom of my heart. How I see her is not because of the way she was dressed formally or casually, but what I see is her admiration towards everything. You know, nature, birds, plants, and flowers. She really loves to take photos of them and it's because she told me that it's her hobby. I know what I've said to her for the past year was not very pleasant and for that I'm sorry to her friends; Bryan, Sally and Ava..."

"It's okay," Bryan shook his head dismissively after mouthing the words in a whisper.

"To my utmost respect, I will live up to this day to honor her memory..." Jiyoo said earnestly, then looked at his best friend, who made his way to the platform.

"Umm... Prior to my encounters with Valerie, I didn't know she was working as a private detective until she introduced herself to us and she was also my virtual friend. Ironically, we were both playing the PUBG game and did a face reveal together. It was shocking to me because I never imagined that it would be her, so I would like to thank her for that and I hope to see you on the other side," Taeyun murmured lightly with a peace sign. He did not seem to be fazed as he tilted his head below, which made Jiyoo notice at a slight peak of curiosity.

Jaesang, however, patted him on the back nonchalantly and bit his bottom lip. He rolled his tongue on the inner side of his right cheek as he headed his way to the stand and muttered. "The moment I laid my eyes on her, I began to like her personality and how fierce she was after I gave her the tickets to my concert back when I was a soloist. She inspired me to keep making music and helped me reconcile with my group members. She will always be here because she will surely never be forgotten." He said as he placed his palm on the left side of his chest. He looked at the casket with a frown and went beside Taehyung, who kept his focus on the floor.

Everyone clapped their hands in a moderate manner as soon as the applause had subsided, whereas the host looked at the trio and announced.

"You can now proceed to the center stage to say a few words of your dear friend, Miss Valerie."

Ava nodded as she gracefully walked up quietly. She wiped her tears with a tissue and sniffed before she regained her posture. "Throughout my whole life, I always watched other people lose other people and I'd never would've thought of losing someone so close to you... Valerie and I were very good friends. Although, there were times that we squabble and roast each other, even go out for drinks just to make up. I was a former student nurse whenever I vented my problems to her. I wanted to switch my major course into the fashion business, and so I did. She told me that I should apply into a career that I'm interested in, not because of following somebody's idea and that I should be true to myself. Yeah... She helped me so much with the application process and the interviews that I was struggling with. I'm thankful that she pushed me to succeed in my dream job and I wish I could've said all of this to her if she was here."

"She's not just a friend to me. She was a loving sister that I never had and I would want it more than anything. Val, I just want to say I love you and I'll miss you, even if you're not physically here. You will always remain alive..." Sally said weakly until her voice shook as soon as she sobbed with tears streaking down her face.

Bryan stared at the girls comforting themselves and sauntered over to the microphone stand. "I would like to thank all of my friends and families, who have come here today because she is happy that you guys are here to see her and I didn't know that last year was going to be the last call with her. Once again, thank you to the people who prepared this memorial event. I couldn't do this without you. These couple of weeks have been very tough for me since I was invariably searching for her and now... I did. I'll miss you, Val..." His shaky breath had him stagger his hands that were clutching tightly onto the papers and bowed his head in gratitude. He waved his hands as he followed Ava and Sally down the staircase and sat on the chairs.

The host approached the podium and made a closing speech. Morning was like the first new day for them once the priest and the deacons made a sign of the cross and prayed for Valerie in a few minutes. They blessed the closed casket with a sprinkle of holy water till it is buried beneath the ground.

After a while, the people tossed the flowers on top of the casket, whereas the others had left souvenirs and notes, then began to leave solemnly.

"We'll see you soon, okay? Take care," Min-Jun said placidly and kissed his girlfriend.

"You too," Sally noted gloomily and hugged him for a couple of seconds. Then, she watched him rejoin with the rest of the members, who went inside their private cars and parted their ways.

On the contraire, Bryan and the others stayed as they gazed at the burial of their friend. Ava laid her head against his shoulder and wiped her nose from sobbing.

"We're going to be okay. We're going to be okay..." he reassured them until his tears were swelling up in his eyes, including his trembling lips. A sense of hopelessness was all he could ever feel in which he only knew is inescapable.

The apartment was already polished, except for a bowl of assorted chips and non-alcoholic drinks they were having on the coffee table. They had plopped on the couch where the wall sconces lit up on the sides of the living room and evening turned grey. The two women were tuned into what he was telling them as they both were doleful about the postmortem.

"I bought a gift for her during the day of her birthday and waited at the airport because she texted me. Then, I realized it was a setup and to find out she was being targeted by a group of men, I got terrified... And..." Bryan trailed off with his voice quivering in sadness. He immediately massaged the bridge of his nose and wiped his tears after swelling. "After the news broke out, I really wasn't expecting that one of the victims would be her until they'd found her body... Kidnapped and beaten up... God, I-I should have not agreed with her decision, but I didn't want to be a bad friend to her because she was looking for something."

"Is that why you guys stayed here for so long to solve the previous cases or what?" Sally wondered.

"Both," he murmured and went on. "You see, I've been asking her questions to give me the answers and so far, I wasn't entirely convinced, other than digging deep into her dropping hints. When I asked Victor and Washi, they responded that someone else ordered them to save the K-East members and arrest Kain and his subordinates. I figured it was Valerie. She found ways to get the evidence on the two boy bands' feud and a Big Prime staff guy named Royen intentionally betrayed and manipulated them because of personal issues with neglect and subjugation by others. They were all recorded in his camcorder."

"I'm totally not surprised. I mean, anyone can backstab anyone. If it wasn't for Val, the mission would've flunked," Ava said.

"So what do we do?" Sally asked.

Bryan pursed his lips and frowned for a moment, then replied composedly. "Two..." He pointed his finger on the paper in boldness. "There's two cases that we need to deal with, regarding the hit-and-run incident and murder because I will not let her death remain in vain. I will find out whoever is responsible for the crimes they've committed against her. If it means to lead myself in this situation, I may as well do what it takes to serve justice for our friend, Val. Nevertheless, it's my turn to put my life on the line."

Sally nodded with a sad smile and agreed. "I'm with you..."

"Me too and they're going to have to get through me first," Ava stated.

"You will?" Bryan startled in astonishment.

"Hmm. I'll be leaving my work for a while and let my boss know that this is urgent. On top of that, Sal and I will do the research," she said and embraced him lovingly with a kiss on the lips.

"We'll look through the collected online reports if you don't mind," Sally said.

"No, no. Go for it..." Bryan beamed a little and clasped his hands, then carried on with the tasks.

...

...

...

...

It has been a wispy evening for eight hours and some artists are still in their rehearsals, whilst everyone else exited the Big Prime Corporation.

"Five, six, seven, eight," Hwan exclaimed when he and his friends finished their final steps to the choreography, along with the music. "Alright. Looks like we've perfected it."

"Whew. That's our last take," Joon-wo said, panting out and wriggling his hands from top to bottom.

"I'll be practicing a little bit for ten minutes," Ryung noted.

"Same," Min-Jun responded.

"And what about you, three?" Hwan raised his eyebrows at the maknaes.

"Probably going to be outside to buy food for dinner and head home," Jaesang shrugged casually.

"I'll just chill and text some of my friends," Taeyun mumbled as he scratched the scalp of his hair and laid on the couch.

"I have to attend an event with someone," Jiyoo said.

"Where?" Ryung queried.

"It's a show because he bought two tickets for us, so I can't refuse," he explained and drank a bottle of water. Then, he grabbed his slinging bag and sled it over his shoulder with a brief nod he threw at them. "See ya."

"Okay, see you," Hwan said as he continued to stare at his back before he withdrew from their sight.

The streets were tumultuous from other people's voices, along with the sirens and the vehicles honking. The crowd of pedestrians passed the crosswalk and waited behind the long line in front of the theater entrance.

There, the sign presents the musical show called the "Page Turner" that everyone is very excited about. The security team has been constantly checking their bags and pockets, using the hand-held metal detector. In case there were any threatening armaments hidden in them.

Jiyoo stopped for a second to catch his breath and hunched a little on his knees after a quick run. He then regained his posture with a sigh of relief and went over to the doors, but he was stopped by one of the guards.

"Hold there, Mr. Park. I need to see your ticket," he said stringently.

Jiyoo held up his card casually and was motioned to proceed forward. He bowed his head down and muttered. "Thank you..."

"Hmm," the guard hummed in response and smiled, saying. "Enjoy."

He glanced over his shoulder and saluted. He turned his head back to the front and pushed the doors open. Everyone else had settled down where the lights began to dim out into black, so he sat on his reserved seat promptly.

Silent whispers and deep tittering were unfurling among them. Nobody suspected that they were sitting beside a famous group member since his disguise was flawless. Black hoodie and black jeans was all he was wearing from top to bottom.

The music started to play in the background as the lights flashed upon the two dancers, representing themselves as lovers on stage.

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mm-mm

I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side

Are you down for the ride?

It's not easy for someone to catch my eye

But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life

For my whole lifetime..."

"Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it (you ain't with it)

I see you're focused, yeah you're so independent (independent)

It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it (I'll admit it)

You've got something to say and I'm here to listen..."

The two of them were focused on their contemporary movements that they were carrying out. The female dancer was dressed in a pink silky, chiffon dress that hangs loosely below her feet, whereas her partner was in white cambric pants and sleeveless top.

Jiyoo envisioned himself and Valerie dancing wistfully as he recalled their moments.

"So baby, tell me where your love lies

Waste the day and spend the night

Underneath the sunrise

Show me where your love lies..."

"If you're down, don't hide it

Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it

Baby, you gon' make me overnight it

Tell me, are you down?

If you're down, don't hide it (yeah)

Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it (yeah)

Baby, you gon' make me overnight it

Tell me, are you down? (Tell me)..."

Valerie twirled around with Jiyoo, who then lifted her up gracefully. Their eyes met as she held onto his neck without drawing their connection away from one another. She caressed his face tenderly before she made a leap and pirouette. She was grabbed onto her waist safely back into his arms as they swiveled rhythmically.

"Tell me where your love lies (tell me where your love lies)

Waste the day and spend the night (waste the day, spend the night)

Underneath the sunrise (underneath the sunrise)

Show me where your love lies (tell me where your love lies)..."

The couple were taking four steps at a moderate pace with their heads tilted down.

"Tell me where your love lies (show me where your love lies)

Waste the day and spend the night (yeah, yeah)

Underneath the sunrise (ooh)

Show me where your love lies..."

His vision suddenly flashed back into reality with the two lovers intertwining their fingers, together with the music slowly fading out.

Thus, the audience began applauding with a few lively cheers.

Jiyoo, on the other hand, held his tears back after seeing the main cast bowing down gallantly as soon as the curtains had fallen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 36.1K 105
Maran and Maya, two independent individuals hate each other out of their family background but destiny has some other plans by bringing them together...
237K 17.2K 21
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
161K 6.1K 78
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...
107K 1K 36
The one thing Madelyn desires most in the world is to wear diapers again, and she is prepared to do anything to make that wish come true. As inexplic...