The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 21 - Party Prep

4.5K 138 48
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 21 - Party Prep

(A/N- Just to warn you all, this chap changes POV a lot again! Beware!!! *wiggles fingers mysteriously*)

Tobias

"Happy birthday, Tobias." She says kissing my cheek.

I know the voice; it's that voice that calms me in my good dreams, but haunts my nightmares. It's Tris.

I smile then turn around and kiss her lovingly.

I pull away. "Thank you. I love you." I tell her.

"I love you too."

We lay there in each other's arms, the only thing heard is the sound of our breathing. She caresses my bare chest while I pull my hands through her long dirty blonde hair, over and over again; almost like I'm combing it with my fingers. It has grown out since she had cut it. I liked it short, but it also is beautiful long. She is beautiful no matter how she looks to me.

This is the best gift I could ask for. My beautiful Beatrice, right here in my arms; right where she belongs.

She looks up at me and kisses me on the lips, then pulls away and giggles; a strange laugh that only an Amity would do. It surprises me coming from her.

"What?" I start laughing too.

She strokes my lips with her thumb and says, "You need to shave."

I laugh as well, what made that so funny, I have no clue. But oh well, sometimes it's good to laugh; even if your not an Amity.

"I will once I get up." I groan, laughing.

She smiles and kisses me on the lips again and I kiss back.

Once we pull away I plant a kiss on the top of her head and mumble "I love you; so so much."

I jump, look around for any signs of other life. Any signs of her. Sadly, there's none.

I lay back down and try to calm down because my head is spinning, I'm breathing so heavy I might as well have just ran a marathon,my heart feels like it's going to jump out if my chest, I'm sweating like crazy, and my hands are shaking.

"It was just a dream."

"It. Was. Just. A. Dream."

I say out loud to myself over and over again.

I feel tears start to go down my face. It was just a dream.

That means that Tris isn't here in my arms like in my dream. She never will be.

Never again.

I feel the side of my face and do what she told me to in my dream.

I head to the bathroom to shave.

Evelyn

I got up early to blow up some black balloons and hang some black streamers to make it a little more festive in here for the party later. I picked up a Dauntless cake last night in the cafeteria and got some birthday candles for the occasion as well. I'm trying to learn how to do this whole 'birthday party' thing because Abnegation nor did the Factionless ever have such thing. I'm trying my best.

It's ten minutes to eight when I head out the door to get the puppy at the pet store. I decided to keep him in the office until the party for Tobias at eleven. Before I leave, I look around the office and make sure that everything is ready for when I bring him back.

Crate?

Check.

Newspaper?

Check.

Blanket?

Check.

Water bowl?

Check.

I don't bother to put out food for him because he will only be in here for a few hours. All he'll need is water. I also read on the Internet that some puppies feel more comfortable in a crate, so I bought one that is medium sized that will fit the puppy for now, but he can grow out of it in a few years. Plus, one of Tobias's friends is getting him a dog bed, so the puppy will have that to sleep in as well.

Now I'm off to the pet store.

Christina

I only work on Friday nights at the tattoo parlor, so I have all day off until Four's party at Evelyn's. Last I heard, it isn't a surprise party, and he knows about it.

I got him, and the puppy a dark green collar and matching leash. It's one of those leashes that you can make longer and shorter, but press a button to make it stop. I also got him a silver blank identification tag that he can get engraved at the pet store once he names it. I got him two dog toys, one is a black bone that squeaks, the other is a frog that also squeaks and I thought would be kind of cute for the puppy. I wasn't planning on it, but I also got a book called All You Need to Know: Dogs in Dauntless for him to read all about the park in the pit, requirements, vets in the pit, etc. Shauna said she got him a similar book but it's called All You Need to Know: German Shepards for him to learn about his puppy.

(A/N- Not real books! At least, I don't think so... I just made up random book names! Okay. Continue reading!)

I go over to my closet and grab out some black wrapping paper and green string then sit down and begin wrapping.

I can't help but wonder... How are Amar and/ or George going to wrap that dog bed?!

Shauna

I am so glad that I get off on Fridays! I work as a nurse in the Infirmary.

Since I have off, I'm going to go to Four's birthday party his mother is having. Zeke and I got him a water bowl and machine food bowl that are metal with dog bones around the sides. We also got him two toys; a tug-of-war rope that's black and white and a yellow tennis ball for them to play with. When we went to get the stuff we had found a book for him to read about having a German Shepard.

Zeke took a half a day of work at the Control Room so he could come to the party as well.

It's three thirty in the afternoon now. I have to be at Four's mother's apartment. Zeke should be home any time now...

As if on cue I hear the apartment door open.

"Shauna! I'm back!" I hear Zeke call.

We've shared this apartment together for two years now.

"I'm in here!" I call from the office.

It's a standard apartment with one bedroom, an office that could be a second bedroom if needed, a living room, two bathrooms (one off of the bedroom, the other by the office), and a kitchen/ dining room. Perfect size for the two of us.

He comes into the office with a smile on his face.

"Hey." He says walking over and pecking me on the lips.

"How was work?" I ask.

"It went by quick. Nothing out of the ordinary... Which is a good thing."

"True."

I stand up and Zeke picks up the bag with the bowls, toys, and book in it. I wrapped them yesterday and just put them in the bag with some tissue wrap for decoration and so we can carry it easier.

I set the bag on the little table we have infront of the door and slip on my shoes. Zeke does the same.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yep."

He opens the door, letting me out first like a gentleman and then locks it behind us.

To Evelyn's apartment.

Evelyn

Well. That was a job.

That puppy did not like being on a leash. He was too excited to be leaving the pet store and was going crazy.

I keep him on the leash and bring him into the office and close the door to it once were both in. I let go of the leash and let him run around the office for a little while.

Good thing Holly usually stays in the bedroom. I don't know how she'd react to a rambunctious puppy barreling around the apartment...

I hear a knock on the apartment door and quickly slip out of the office without the puppy getting out.

It's Tobias's friend Zeke and what I'm guessing is Zeke's girlfriend. I've met Zeke many times from him being at Tobias's apartment all the time.

"Hey! Welcome! Come in!"

"Hi. I'm Shauna." The girl puts out her hand for me to shake.

I shake her hand. "I'm Evelyn. Nice to meet you."

"You too."

"Good to see you again, Zeke!" I say.

"You too, Evelyn!"

"Where should we start the present pile?" Shauna asks me.

"How about over here." I point to the floor by the TV in the living room.

I hear another knock on the door. This time it's Christina.

"Hey! Good to see you!" She says walking in.

"You too!"

She sets the present by where Shauna put hers.

"Can I meet the puppy?" Christina asks.

"Sure! Just be careful because he's excited. He's in the office. I was trying to get him in the crate... There's a knock on the door again.

I open it and now it's Tobias's friend Amar and his husband. Tobias had told me that they just got married a few months ago.

"Hello! Welcome! Come in!" I say.

"I'm George." The man that came with Amar puts out his hand which I shake.

"I'm Evelyn. Nice to meet you!"

"You too."

"Okay. So is this everyone?" I ask. I'm not really sure how many people are coming, but this is all of the friends that Tobias has told me about, so I'm guessing that this is everyone.

"Yep." Christina says.

"Okay. Great! So this is how this is going to work. I told Four that the party is going to be at twelve so all of you could get here in time and I could tell you the game plan. He knows about the party and all of you guys coming. So we have around fifteen minutes until he gets here. So hopefully the puppy stays quiet in the office once he gets here. Then the puppy will be the first thing he'll get once he's settled. Then he can open all the things you guys got him for the puppy. Then we'll have the Dauntless cake. Does that sound good?"

Everyone agrees.

"I got the dog in the crate!" Shauna calls laughing from the office joyfully.

"Good! Thanks!"

There's a knock on the door. That could only mean one thing. Tobias is here.

I hope that everything goes well.

A/N-

Hi humans! Happy Saturday!

It's a dark, rainy dreary Saturday where I live. But that gave me time to write! I was decorating my church for Christmas all morning, or else this chap would have been up sooner, but hey! Better late than never! Lol

I have over 750 reads! I am so psyched! Thanks so much! I've had more votes and comments recently too! You guys are amazing! <4

That's all I have to say! So.....

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 7.8K 38
After Allegiant, tris wakes up and figures out she never died, but everyone thinks she was, she was simply in a comma for a year then tested on for a...
230K 5.9K 47
I don't own Divergent or any of its characters! (I do own the plot)...
156K 3.7K 82
Book Three +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three [You are here] : All f...
Tris Prior By AJ

Fanfiction

266K 6.5K 54
"Will he save her?" // 1/3 books :) // CAUTION: Explicit Content