Treasure Hunt

By AlizaThorne

**Book II of the Triplicities Triology** A month has passed since Rebecca, Jennifer, Alex and Drew escaped fr... More

Treasure Hunt (1)
Treasure Hunt (3)
Treasure Hunt (4)
Treasure Hunt (5)
Treasure Hunt (6)
Treasure Hunt (7)
Treasure Hunt (8)
Treasure Hunt (9)
Treasure Hunt (10)
Treasure Hunt (11)
Treasure Hunt (12)
Treasure Hunt (13)
Treasure Hunt (14)
Treasure Hunt (15)
Treasure Hunt (16)
Treasure Hunt (17)
Treasure Hunt (18)
Treasure Hunt (19)
Treasure Hunt (20)
Treasure Hunt (21)
Treasure Hunt (22)
Treasure Hunt (23)
Treasure Hunt (24)

Treasure Hunt (2)

133 5 2
By AlizaThorne

Chapter 2

Jennifer Smith

“I miss you,” Jennifer murmured into the phone.

The door to her room was locked, refusing anyone to get in.

“I miss you too,” Drew’s low voice came from the other end of the line.

“When did you say we could see each other again?” Jennifer asked him.

That question had been on her mind twenty-four/seven for the last month. She missed him terribly.

“I don’t know Jenn, I hope it’s soon though,” Drew sighed through the phone.

The two of them had been talking to each other over the phone for hours every day since they got back. Jennifer knew that it was him she missed the most. She had tried calling Rebecca a few times a week too, but she had never answered. Jennifer feared she was mad at her. And she missed her best friend. But talking to Drew really helped her forget about everything else that had happened in her life.

The second she had walked in the front door one month earlier, her father had enveloped her in a big hug, telling her how much he worried and how much he missed her. With a scoff, Jennifer had pushed him off and said, “It’s your fault in the first place. I can’t believe you let them do that to me,” and then walked away.

When Jennifer had started to go up the stairs she met her mother, who was wondering where her husband had wandered off to. She had glanced at her only daughter and then said, “Oh, you’re back.” No hug. No “I’ve missed you”s. Just, you’re back, before her mother had continued her trip downstairs.

Ever since then, Jennifer had avoided her mother. Mrs. Smith had done exactly the same to her daughter. They had never gotten along.

Her father, on the other hand, had done everything in his power to make Jennifer forgive him. It hadn’t helped much. For every apology, Jennifer had completely closed off. Every present was stocked up in the closet she never used. Every hug was dodged and every conversation was simply ignored.

After all her discoveries, Jennifer had decided that she didn’t need her family. They had barely been around in her childhood. What gave her father the right to waltz into her life after getting her kidnapped?

So, she had simply just locked herself in her room, never talking to them. She took her meals up to her room, drove herself to school in the car her father had gotten for her, no matter how many times he asked to drive her and simply just walked past them in the halls of her home. So nothing much had really changed in her house.

Her life at school though, had been completely transformed. The day after she was taken, and the day after her date with Mason Black, a rumor had been spread around school. Mason Black had told his football buddies that he had taken her innocence, popped her cherry, taken her virginity, or whatever way you want to say it.

That rumor had circulated around school, and when Jennifer never returned to school, everyone assumed she had run away because she had gotten pregnant. Not even when she had returned to school did the rumors cease. What went around now was that she had run to Nevada to make sure no one ever heard about her abortion. She had spent the month on her grandparents’ farm to get over the loss of her baby. She still suffered from depression and refused to approach anyone in her class.

When Jennifer had first heard that rumor, she wanted to cry. She wanted to run to the bathroom and ball her eyes out. But she held her head high. And now, a month later, she wanted to laugh out loud every time she heard people whisper about her.

She didn’t care what those people thought of her. It was only what she thought of herself. She had realized that the people at her school were shallow. Even if she had known them her entire life, they didn’t care about her. And the moment an ugly rumor came out, everyone avoided her like she was the plague.

At the moment, the only thing Jennifer cared about was the calendar. She was counting down the days to summer vacation. To the day she could see her true friends again. She didn’t care about school anymore. She didn’t look up to the populars like she did a month ago.

Too bad for her, but the leader of the popular group had taken a liking to her.

“Hey, Jennifer!” Mason Black cried after her as she walked towards the lunch room.

Jennifer barely turned to look at the black-haired boy who ran after her. She had absolutely no interest in him. He was the one who started the rumor about her, and even though she didn’t care didn’t mean she would forgive Mason.

Plus, he had pretty much been stalking her for the past two weeks.

“What do you want, Mason?”  Jennifer complained in a flat voice.

The two of them were alone in the hallway. Everyone else had already gotten to the lunch room. Jennifer didn’t know why, but being this alone with him, it made her uneasy. Mason Black was not a nice person when he didn’t get what he wanted. Jennifer remembered that all too well.

“I think you know what I want,” Mason said, a smirk adorning his face.

Jennifer drew in a deep breath. She absolutely hated Mason. It wasn’t easy for her to hate someone, but Mason Black did something to her. He had an aura of creepy. His arrogance didn’t suit him, though Jennifer may be the only girl who thought so.

After all, Mason was the quarterback of the football team, he was popular, and therefore a lot of girls would kill to be with him.

“I’m not interested, Mason. After all, you screwed me over on my birthday,” Jennifer said.

“And I’m sorry for that. But you should give me a second chance,” Mason told her.

“Just leave me alone, Mason,” Jennifer sighed.

Mason was dying to make the rumors he had started true. Unfortunately, his charm didn’t work on Jennifer.

“Can’t do that, sweetheart. You intrigue me,” Mason smirked.

Jennifer stopped walking at the endearment he used.

“Stop following me, Mason. I will never like you again,” Jennifer hissed at him.

“You know, I think I liked you better when you were falling all over me,” Mason told her, not losing his smirk.

“Of course you did. You’re not used to people rejecting you. And when they do, you don’t understand what to do,” Jennifer said slowly.

“But on the other hand, this new side of you is really… sexy,” Mason wiggled his eyebrows at her.

“Leave. Me. Alone,” Jennifer demanded before she stomped away to her next class.

****

“Mom doesn’t want me to leave for a weekend, at least not until summer vacation. She’s still worried about me.”

Jennifer could hear Drew had rolled his eyes.

“That’s another month and a half from now,” she frowned.

“I know, but you said your father doesn’t want you to leave, and it’s the same for me. She would freak of I even went for a day without telling her where I was,” Drew explained.

“I guess phone calls are enough for now,” Jennifer said, glancing down in the book that lay before her.

She was sitting in the library for her lunch break, trying to study, when Drew had called her to explain that he couldn’t come up to her for the weekend.

“I really have to go now, though. I just wanted to tell you. But I told Will I was going to the bathroom, and I think he is getting a bit suspicious,”

Jennifer giggled at his response.

“I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Jennifer asked.

Drew agreed quickly before he hung up.

Jennifer sighed once she sat in silence once again. The library had always been her sanctuary. It was where she would go in every lunch break. Every time she didn’t want to encounter other people. But now it was her safe spot, where the rumors never reached. She was the only one who used it after all. And the grumpy, old librarian didn’t care as long no one bothered her.

Jennifer fixed her gaze so it once again turned into her history book.

The only thought she was managing to hold onto, though, was how much she missed her true friends.

****

So there's the new chapter :)

Hope you all liked it <3

Dedicated to Musicandsoccer16 for fanning, thank you so much :D

2 votes for an early update

xxAmi <33 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
2.9M 244K 54
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
190K 5.2K 96
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...