Lestrade Academy

By LeahKillem

Lestrade Academy consists of two parts with a high fence in between that seperates girls from boys. Each part... More

1. News
2. Last Week
3. Lestrade High
4. Distraction
5. Bruises
6. One More Day
7. Another Strange Event
8. Hospital
9. Unbruised
10. Mpuah
11. Cling
12. Possessive
13. Lovebirds
14. Family
15. Realization
16. Daters
17. STHAL
18. Talks
19. Sabrina
20. Lucid
21. Troubles
22. Reunion
23. What They Told Sabrina
24. Moderny
25. Paradise
26. Unexpected
27. Mess
29. Unlocked
30. I Love You
31. Numby
32.Cleared
33. Upcoming
34. Storm
35.Unravel
36. Hidden
37. Lost 'n Gone
38. NewsMan
39. End of Some
40. End of All
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!!!

28. Wanted

39 4 0
By LeahKillem

Chapter 28 :

Wanted

|

|

"Nick," I said, my eyes wide, "Is it safe to drive?"

He tried to keep the coolest he could, "I don't know, but what is the other choice we have?"

I nodded, appreciating his right, "Fine, but drive slowly and if the wind blows harder slow down more."

Now it was his turn to nod, "Okay. Buckle up."

I looked down at myself to see me not wearing my seatbelt. I looked over at Nick to see his seatbelt all over his upper body, neatly and safely. I quickly reached over to it and pulled, securing myself in the sitting position.

Nick looked at me one last time before driving the car. We started moving slowly and carefully and soon were on the main highway.

"You know," Nick said out of the blue, "We can control weather," he glanced at me before returning his gaze back to the road.

Oh, right...

"But this strong? I doubt we'll make it," I said, staring at the raging trees. Their moves looked like dancing, the kind of dancing that Indian people danced around the fire.

"You're right," he replied, "I hope we'll get to the academy safely."

Whole road was a lot less stressful than it had to be. We were laughing and joking and holding hands. Wind sometimes blew hard enough to shake us, but we'd slow down a little and joke about it. Short story even shorter, we were in the garage of girls' side in 45 minutes.

We said our goodbyes and he left to the boys' side. It was still storming outside and the trees on the backyard looked like weak grass. Nick ran in his boarding house and I ran in mine, running upstairs and to my room. Ellie sat on her bed, her phone in her hands and her head low while Nina sat in front of the window, looking like deep in thought.

"Hey," I said, dropping my wet jacket on the floor and leaning on the door, exhausted.

"Where were you?" Nina screamed at me, "Haven't you heard about the storm?"

"I went out to see Billy and then a date with Nick. I'm okay and in the shower," I said, walking lazily and slowly into the hot shower.

It was a little past 8 when I went out with my towel around my body and my hair to see girls taking their shoes on.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Nina looked up at me, "Need to study at the library. Back in an hour or so."

I nodded, pulling out some purple sweatpants and a black tank top. My knees almost went trembling out of the lack of energy. I lied down at the top of my bed, resting my eyes closing. I probably lied like that for an half hour, my eyes closed, but mind awake. I opened my eyes to stare at the plain white ceiling. My mind was comppetely blank. I didn't think about Nick, Thella or anything really. I just lied there, resting my body and my mind.

Suddenly, I heard something heavy hit the floor, like a shelf just fell down from the wall. I jumped up, alarmed, thousands of scenarios running through my head of what could have happened.

I looked around and the only thing I saw on the floor was a weird coin-like thing of huge size. Coming closer, I saw it was a necklace and the brown circle looked ancient. It was completely clear, without any writings or drawings on it. I slowly leaned down, sitting on the floor with my legs underneath me. I picked the necklace up carefully and there was no way it could be so heavy to make a sound like this. It was too lightweight.

Standing up I started spinning it back and forth, looking closely, but finding nothing. Tired of the weird things that get weirder and weirder with each time, I put the necklace in my bag and went to bed.

***

"Ready?" Mr. Rockets asked.

We were back in the darkened training hall, sitting around dozens of lightened candles in a circle. Nick and I were about to start meditating and mentally calling for our Escorts in telepathic ways, whatever that meant. As we were told, we had to call for our Escorts in our heads and our telepathic skills would work, leading to hearing the voices of our Escorts in our heads.

I started repeating the text that I had to memorize before we started: By the power of the Couple of Stir, I call for my savour, my part of the soul. You are the power to help all, power to save all. By the power given to me, from Thella of the Silvas, I call for an Escort of mine, an Escort that had been chosen for me.

I had to repeat the text lot's of times and my Escort would hear this in her head. She'll start asking herself questions and it'll be heard in my head. Then we'll be able to have a simple chat in each others' minds that has to be normal. We were warned earlier that as soon as we stepped over the board of our consciousness, outer world would fade for us. We wouldn't hear the building crash which we were in. The only way to 'wake us up' was shaking us to the whole new level. Until we decided that on our own, of course, as soon as we'd wish to go back to reality, we would.

My left hand was warming under the hand of Nick, which was so big comparing to mine, it made feel really small. I had to fight the urge to telepath on Nick instead of Escorts. But eventually, I gave in. Escorts could wait a few minutes.

Nick, I said in my mind, concentrating my whole energy on sending telepathic signals into Nick's mind, Nick, do you hear me? No answer, Nick! Nicholas Simon, answer me!

Suddenly, I heard his voice in my head. It was like my own thought, but I couldn't control it, Zoe?

Oh my God, it worked! I beamed in thoughts.

He replied right away, What for God's sake are you doing in my head?

I was about to laugh, but remembered that the adults could notice, I couldn't help myself.

I heard his mental laugh! I actually heard his sexy laughter before he answered, I thought we had to find Escorts to save the world and all.

I chuckled mentally, wondering if he could hear, If they notice we'll simply say we trained.

His voice came after a couple of seconds, Okay, then. This is fun.

Yes, it is, I said.

Zoe Millery, he started, I love you.

I wanted to giggle, but held myself, You have no idea how cute it is to tell me you love me by telapathing. I love you too, Nick Simon.

Really, he added, I just can't explain how much I adore you. I can't help spilling everything, you're in my head. So I want you to know that I love you stronger than I've ever loved anyone.

Nick, I said, You are also in my head, but even if you weren't, I'd love for you to know that you are the best thing that has happened to me so far. I'd handle being a Thella soldier if you stood next to me.

He replied immediately, Every time I look at you I feel like the happiest Silva in the whole Thella.

For a moment I totally forgot that Mrs. Shoo, Mr. Rockets and Matthew sat in front of us, so I burst into giggles. I felt shaking and opened my eyes, seeing all of them staring at Nick and I, who also had his eyes open.

"What happened?" Mrs. Shoo asked, "Did you find anything?"

Nick and I glanced at each other guiltily, keeping our mouths shut.

Matthew face-palmed himself, "Oh, just don't tell me you were telepathing each other!"

Well, when he said it like that I realized that I was wasting time. I looked down at my lap. Every hour somebody died back on Thella in the war and I had to stop it. What did I do instead? Telepath with my own soulmate.

"I don't even want to know what you talked about!" Matthew added, flinching.

My eyes went wide, "We're not hormonic 13-year-olders!" I exclaimed.

"Yea, dude," Nick added, "It's not like that."

"Whatever," Matthew replied.

"We trained," I said, "Now we know how it should feel like and will recognize our Escorts easier."

Mrs. Shoo looked at me skeptically, "No more tricks, I mean it."

We nodded and held hands again, closing our eyes. The warmth radiating from him radiated through my body and became a part of me, just like it happened each time we held hands. The only parts of our bodies that were touching were our palms and fingers and it felt like we were embraced in a tight hug, in a manner that could send shivers down my spine.

Focusing all, my energy, power and concentration on the task that lied before me was hard enough to do with Nick by my side. But without Nick, I was psysically unable to do it, so I tried my best. I started re-telling the words that I had memorized slowly and carefully, not messing up a word. Once, twice, three times... Nothing yet. I kept calling for my Escort again and again, hoping for the best. I repeated and repeated, it had to work.

I think I was repeating the text for the ninth time the least, when I heard a feminine voice cross my mind, What the hell? What is happening? The voice was so lost and so distant I barely heard it.

Feeling relief wash over me, I replied to the girl that had to feel so weird right now, Can you hear me? Answer me in your thought, I'll hear.

Yes? She said.

I mentally let out a sigh of relief, Oh, good God, that took a while... Listen to me carefully, I am learning in Lestrade Academy. You do, too?

It took a moment for her to reply, Yes.

Good, I told her, Tell me your name.

Why would I? She asked. Oh, just don't try badassing with me. When I listened closer, her voice was way too familiar to me. Sure, she was from Lestrade, but I knew I've talked to her before.

I mentally sighed, This is the question of life and death. You have a power you know nothing about. Let me help you to discover them and help me to save the world.

Explain? She said.

Tell me your name, I pressed. I couldn't talk to a girl without knowing her name.

Terry, said the voice, My name's Terry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 14 21
An academy for future alphas and wolf royalty. What could go wrong?
531 20 13
Imagine a world where vampires are ostracized and shunned by humans. Our story begins when a curious teenage girl embarks on a journey that will chan...
254 12 28
A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys on campus. However even though this is t...
11.7K 390 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...