Egotistical

By casuallyslaying

[ third book of attitude problem ] "I'm old enough to handle it by myself" Pharaoh was much like his fathe... More

0.5
1.0
1.5
2.0
2.5
3.0
3.5
4.0
4.5
5.0
5.5
6.0
6.5
7.0
7.5
8.0
8.5
9.0
9.5
10.0
10.5
11.0
11.5
12.0
12.5
13.0
13.5
14.0
14.5
15.0
15.5
16.0
16.5
17.0
17.5
18.0
18.5
19.0
20.0
20.5
21.0
21.5
22.0
22.5
23.0
23.5
24.0
24.5
25.0
25.5
26.0
26.5
27.0
27.5
28.0
28.5
29.0
29.5
30.0
30.5
31
31.5
32
32.5
33
33.5
34
34.5

19.5

9.1K 511 883
By casuallyslaying

Omniscient

"Shit fucked him up Q, you can't be mad at him for gravitating towards you! He's been doing that for years now" Rakim started which only made me smack my lips.

  "Yeah but we ain't kids no more it's different" Dayquellz complained as he checked the time. Nassiah and his dad should've left earlier that morning, With help of Alonso and Dayquellz,Pharaoh was now at school for the first time in maybe a week or two. But Dj sure did have to pick the boy up. 

  "How is it different?" Gage asked as he was still ignoring Rakim. When quelly had tried to ask he almost got ignored too so he dropped it faster than anything else.

"I'm a grown ass man now, I can't just have king sitting in my lap, laying all up on me every night and looking at me with them eyes" he muttered under his breath as he ran his hand down his face.

  "Y'all got more sexual tensions than me and G, fuck that boy put his ass to sleep give you some hours alone until his ass wakes back up" Rakim spoke as he  passed the blunt to dayquellz.

  "Shut yo ass up mane, ian fucking that boy. He got to much going on in that head.. and ion do nothing longer than a week and that be pushing it" he spoke ashing the blunt  then letting it hang from his lips.

Pharoah walked down the hallway texting his father with every step. He was barely in school lately and he could tell people noticed. "LOOK who fucking came" Jordan yelled from behind him almost scaring the boy half to death.  Turning around there Jordan was with a slow tap- he was going to respond when his pa's name popped up on his screen.

  "Hold on- pa? Did you leave?" King asked walking into the library he happened to be standing in front of.

  "Not yet, why Kiari? I can't take you with me"

  "But pa- I'm scared"

"Yeah yeah yeah I know kid, you scared. I'm coming back to you always- don't  I always?" Nassiah's voice was calm, after ignoring half the text all morning as he was getting his shit pounded before he left.

  "Yeah you do pa, but how long?"

"Four days tops- maybe five if Dj don't speed" he said and king got silent listening to the words his father had told him. Nassiah  sighed for a minute as he leaned up from Alonso's body who he was laying on.

   "B-but pa" he spoke again quietly as he made his way to the back of the library so he could have privacy. "Why"

  "I can't loose your ass king, and New York we barely got out the first time this ain't no joke I wouldn't take you even if you moved more like I did. I can't risk it. I also can't risk  you failing fucking 11th grade"  he spoke, "imma call you two times a day how bout that?"

"Promise?" King asked as Jordan popped up and plopped his ass down.

  "Yeah, but you better be in school every fucking day" after what seemed like the same conversation 4 times king had hung up and looked at Jordan who didn't move from his spot.

"I missed you bro"was the first thing he said once he realized it was his turn. "Is everything good? I worry sometimes- you like keep everything in that big heading yours I swear"

"I'm good,just you know- but I'm good" King spoke as he tried to push all of his issues deep down until they were no longer there.

"You know you disappeared While having a girlfriend" Jordan spoke amusement in his eyes but his face remained calm. King chewed his inner cheek a part of him wanted to throw up at the feeling he was getting from his stomach. She was going to leave him. King started to pick at his fingers motioning for Jordan to keep talking. Hopefully he'd get the point that he could take whatever he was going today next. "She was bugging me at first,Her dad got up and left her mom.. she was looking for you but I didn't know where you were really either" he spoke with a shrug. Jordan never liked the girl and that was clear, So he wasn't worried about how this was going to play out.

"I s-should probably go talk to her?" King started getting up but Jordan pulled him back down, the male flintched at the quick touch and the two sat in silence,King trying to pull himself together but Jordan was trying to figure out what was wrong.

"I'm good too by the way,my mom went back she hasn't send a letter back I don't know" he spoke making King eyes look up at him. "I don't think it's anything serious,not that you ever ask" the male added.

"I'm so-

"Yeah I know,you're sorry you been in your head- but when the bomb went off at where my is moms stationed I called you..of course you didn't respond" he spoke and King eyes filled with confusion.he didn't have a clue what Jordan was talking about. He never did really.

"I d-didn't"

"Yeah it's whatever, like I know eveyrone has their issues I just wish I could talk to my best friend about mine" he said shrugging "even if it's dumb-but maybe you should talk to her.. only if you care though" he spoke messing with his outfit. The two sat in silence for a bit before king nodded-

"I should get to class I'm late" king spoke as he stood back up. A part of him expected Jordan too aswell but he just nodded after realizing his best friend wasn't moving he headed out the library into the empty halls as it was 15 minutes into class. He had class with Omani anyway, but still when he knocked on the door with a pink slip, telling everyone his absence was legal. The class turned back to the boy but nobody said nothing for a few moments— not even the teacher.

"Finally they got Nelson bitch ass running practice!" A member on his basketball team started and king forced a smile walking towards the front of the room to hand the paper to the teacher.

"We've missed you Mr.Chavera" the teacher spoke. Like usual his father was a good liar- Maurice played the role of a concerned therapist and claimed he was in a institution.

"Yeah- good to be back" pharoah made his way back to an empty in the back of the classroom, he usually sat in the middle near Omani but he seen his seat was taken by a footballer. He wasn't surprised they were dicks and Kahlid was the biggest duck rider he knew. Wasn't good at basketball and after not making the team every year since 6th grade - by 10th he decided football was his sport. But his dad loved basketball so you see where the hatred came in? Omani and Gretchen eyes kept floating back to king but he acted as if he couldn't see it. As well as if he couldn't see the way Kahlid would move closer to Omani and look over his shoulder, or when Kahlid friends would give him a low high-five and chuckle as if they won. A part of him was glad Omani wasn't mad, but another part was panicking he didn't want her to leave. But what could he do? Not to mention his mind kept going over and over his conversation with Jordan. He couldn't loose his best friend too.

To Quelly
Day, wyd?

From Quelly
Stay yo ass right where you are.

When the bell rang he sat in his chair as he had to pick up numerous of worksheets he had missed. But when Omani walked towards him with a confused and angry look on his face he was tempted to run.

"So this is what it's gonna be?" She spoke and king looked around. "You just gonna leave more explanation and come back no explanation? Even Jordan was confused"

"It's deeper than that" he spoke avoiding eye contact with the female who was burning holes into his head.

"Is it really?" She asked crossing her arms. "Because how would I know anything if you don-

"Please girl- I don't have time for this, my mental is destroyed" he spoke gritting through his teeth.

"And I deserve to be kept thinking? Kept wondering what the fuck I did wrong? Everyone is leaving me right now! With no explanation!"

"Excuse me, can you guys take this elsewhere after I give Pharaoh his work?"

"I don't have shit else to say to him" she said and dramatically walked it- even the teacher could feel the attitude as she looked between the two then went on telling King what he missed.

Dayquellz looked at his phone one more time as lunch time arrived, he was worried about King. He hasn't texted him back which usually he did like four times by now. So now he was antsy picking up and making drops looking suspect as hell. He checked his phone once more getting a smack in the head from Rakim.

"Boy if you don't call that boy" Rakim mumbled as they pulled up in front of his house and he passed dayquellz the blunt.

"He in school if I call him he gonna want to leave- he needs his education" with that Quelly took the blunt hitting it trying to fight the urge to look down at his phone.

"Y'all sad as hell mane- Imma catch you later though" he spoke daping his friend up and heading back in his house. Quelly who was done with most of the running around he had to do today and was about to head back to the house when his phone finally rang with the name he was hoping all day.

"So I'm in school" was the first thing King started, "They playing with me Q" and for the first time in a long ass time King sounded a lot like himself. Between soft and tough he was in the middle- his personal issues making him soft but his upbringing and being so much like his father it often made him make drastic changes.

"Who playing with you"

"Maneee they playing with me! Just wanna smile all in my girl face in front of me" king started as he was in the hallways trying to calm himself down. He was about to go into the lunch room but inbetween every period he saw Kahlid all up on Omani walking her to class and then some.

"Boy you don't even like the girl so what this about?"

"The disrespect" he spoke and the two remained silent.

"Do what you gotta do- your dad finna be on your ass though"

"Pick me up in 10?" And another range of silence and then the phone hung up. King hoped that meant yes but with Dayquellz it could also be him calling whoever's home that day and complaining.

"Move" king spoke as he bumped his sister Naylani this was the first time he saw her all day and she was surprised that her brother, whose been half on and half off a mess had nerve.

"K where are you going?"

"To eat some food, ain't it lunch?"

"Who were you on the phone wit- oh this is about her isn't it?" When King's sister saw the scene unfold, Omani going down and sitting next to Kahlid and him wrapping his arm around her she looked at her brother and then around."fuck her king". Then he saw Jordan sit down at the same table but closer to the end and he nodded slightly making his way down the steps into the lunch room.

" you can sit with me, papa told me half the time you're angry cause you're sad"she spoke as they went to the lunch line.

"I'm not sad"

"Yeah but you know— your mind is confusing sometimes and I don't want you-

"I'm fine okay?" The siblings stared into each other's eyes before Naylani shook her head.

"Back to what I was saying- Don't overreact yourself into a episode" when the two finished with the line Naylani walked next to her brother like life depended on it and he noticed. He hated having a shadow especially one younger than him.

"Heey king! Come sit I saved you a seat" Jordan said a small goofy smile on his face, but King didn't give him the same excitement back. Of course part of him was happy his best friend wasn't mad at him but the other part was mad because why would he want to sit there with technically his current girlfriend is still there. King still sat down and Naylani pushed her brother down and sat down as well.

"Who let the little kids sit here?" A random girl on the dance team or one of Omanis friends said with a laugh and King rolled his eyes looking at Jordan.

"There's a party Friday And coach said you're almost done on the bench so start coming back to practice! Maybe you can play by next week" Jordan said as his excitement shown through his eyes and his movements. "Alright alright, so we definitely got to go to the party! I mean if you're up for it" Jordan added trying to be a bit on the quiet side.

"Doesn't seem like you're up for much these days" Kahlid said from the other end of the table he moved closer to Omani to lean down the table just so his comment could be heard.

"Was that a joke? Ian laugh" Naylani said as she mugged the boy.

"Wow only girl you can keep is your sister" khalid snapped back "she's speaking for you now?" Omani whispering for him to stop didn't phase king.

"Shit if I wanted her than I would still have her, Ian tripping keep her if she that Easy anyway" king said with a small shrug and turned his head back to Jordan who was just as surprised as everyone else down the table.

"You asshole" Omani mumbled as his phone went off with a text, just the text he hoped would come.

"You moving too damn slow" Quelly yelled as king finally made it to the door, the younger male let out a huge exhale and slumped down into the chair as the older male sped out of the parking lot. When the boy went to reach for his drink in the cup holder he watched King's eyes follow him from the corner of his eye. "What you want some or something?"

"Why are you taking me home?" Was all he responded before taking the drink inched from Dayquellz mouth and taking a sip.

  "Cause you live there"

"I wanna go with you" king big eyes looked at the male as he continue to drink the McDonald's sprite  out the  straw. One. Two. Three seconds went by before junior turned around and headed towards his own house instead of Kings. "What you do today?" Pharaoh asked his mood lightening a bit just being around the older boy.

"Same ole- who got you fucked up that I gotta pick you up? You done just got backed to school, we can't do this everyday. You know I can't just come running everyone you call.. imma grown man with shit to do" King watched the boy speak and drive at the same time and sighed nodding slumping back down in his seat.

"Yeah I get it, sorry to be annoying, 'it's not that big of a deal"he muttered playing with his fingers. "You can take me home if you want" . The two both knew Dayquellz wasn't going to do such a thing, especially after King went out of his way to say he wants to be near the boy. "This isn't the way to my house"

"Shut up talking like that Pharaoh damn" Dj glanced down at the boy picking at his fingers and smacked his hands away from each other. "What you nervous or some?" King shook his head. "Use your words before I get mad, I'm not nobody you can't talk to - don't make me ask again"

"No, stop talking to me like I'm a little kid" As if him slouching in his seat wasn't ironic enough as the words "little kid" left the boys mouth a pout came on his face.

"So what you doing all this for?whats wrong with you? I came and picked you up Ain't I?" King nodded before catching himself and quickly mumbling a yeah. "So what's wrong with you?" King had his own tells and dayquellz knew all of them. From picking at his scars or messing with his fingers- or even occasionally him playing with his ear.

"I don't need you to come and save me all the time, I'm not no charity case" king snapped when the pulled into Juniors house. Well technically Dj and Maurice's.

"So if you don't need me don't call my phone goofy ass little boy" king stayed quiet as he got out the pout still on his lips. The pout stayed until he found something to say, stayed until they got out the car and up the walk way- stayed until Quelly

"Stop talking to me like that" he mumbled again as he pushed past the boy into his house. King was already making his way to quelly room to take a nap when the other boy was on his way to the kitchen. He had ate earlier before picking king up but all the driving,waiting and sitting got him hungry.

"Uh uh get yo ass up off my bed you always trying to sleep on my shit- I could've took you home to sleep" Dayquellz didn't have to see king to know, he started complaining at the top of the stairs and by the time he made it up to the attic where he had now stayed, king was spread out not asleep yet because he tried to pout his way out of this one.

"Why can't you just ever be peaceful, you always yelling" king added when Dj sat down. Dj of course was getting ready to play the game and getting comfortable but it didn't take long for king to keep moving closer to the boy until he couldn't move anymore closer.

"Why you always gotta be on me" Dj only moves the boy where king really wanted to be which was in his arms and went back to getting ready to play the game.

"Why you alway gotta act like you never want me around no more" his voice was soft, like the soft after the storm. As if king had been yelling all day and now just found strength to talk again.

"It's not that"

"So what is it? Am I annoying? Or problematic? I mean I know I shouldn't be this much of a bitch huh? Being Nassiah's son and all? I cry a lot-

"Stop talking about yourself like that king I don't like it, and no it's because you know imma fucking come. You call I come running every time "

"Yeah that can be annoying - I'm sorry"

"No- you ain't annoying, it's always been like this. It's just shit king- you spoiled as hell"

"Spoiled?" The boy looked up at Dj as if that word was foreign.

"Yeah you spoiled, you think all my time should go to you"

"I'm selfish is what you're saying? Selfish with you?" King furrowed his eyebrows a bit. "I mean I don't bother you when you hang out with Gage and Kim"

"What would you do if I didn't pick up today?"

"Call you again? Why wouldn't you pick up?" Dj just shook his head a bit laughing at the boys words. Dj did have king spoiled. King was use to all of the boys attention, he had followed the boy around most of his life. Played with Dj as a kid- use to do whatever dj made him go do for him.

"You right king, why would I pick up your call.. what a dumb ass question" king only laid his head back down onto Dj watching him play the game a bit but more focusing on trying to take a nap. Soon enough Alonso would be calling him to yell about school, then hopefully Nassiah would be calling him next just to let him know he was alive. King laid still his breathing matching with Dj's without realizing it half into his sleep he felt Dj shuffle from under him.

"Stooooop" king whined as he tried to get comfortable again but he was still being moved.

"I gotta pee, imma be right back- don't even sweat it" with that Dj kissed the boys head making Kings eyes flutter open and his face to turn bright red.

.........

- this filler should be a sin cause wow it took me so long to write this for no reason

- I gave y'all more Dj and king time. I love these two tbh

- ooou nassiah & Donnie on their way to New York what you think finna go down

- I hope everyone's Staying safe fr!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 60.1K 46
Micah hates the rich. Working at an upper class restaurant in Mayfair proves all the reasons why. Entitled, rude and ignorant customers with more mo...
433K 18.2K 36
"You fine as hell" "I kind of go wit your sister" "You picked the wrong sibling obviously I'm trying help you out". Kaimon was known as a selfish...
210K 6K 39
Ethan went to boarding school every year, he didn't love it but it was better than staying home. Every year it was the same, maybe some new classes b...
1.1M 49.2K 69
[sequal to Attitude problems] After moving to New York, almost making a turn around just to have more beef Nassiah needs to go home; but shit c...