True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 35

76K 1.6K 84
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 35

"Let's play 20 questions." Lee announced making Jake and I exchange glances.

"Of course, I'm gonna change the rules. So, this is how we're gonna do it. I ask questions about you guys that prove you know each other well." he explained. "Okay?"

I smiled and shrugged. "I guess."

"Not like I have a choice." Jake said eating some pasta.

"Well, this gonna be interesting." Jamie said intrigued.

"Okay, let's start with something easy." Lee said, his face giving the hint that he was thinking of a question.

"How about, what's Jake's favorite color?" He asked me.

"Blue. But he also likes black." I said with ease.

"Correct." he said then turned to Jake. "Same question."

"Blue. But she has a thing for black, white, and purple." Jake said smirking.

Lee looked at me and I nodded smiling.

"Okay, next question." Lee said. "What's Nina's favorite movie?"

"The Hunger Games trilogy, since Mocking Jay part 1 just came out. But she likes Catching Fire the most."

Lee looked at me again and I nodded.

"Hmm, when's Jake's birthday?"

"February 18."

He smiled and then turned to Jake. "And Nina's?"

"April 3."

Lee looked at me again and I nodded.

"Wait, aunt Jamie help me think of harder questions."

Jamie chuckled lightly. "Okay, Jake what's Nina's favorite chocolate?"

"Hershey's." Jake said shrugging.

"Aunt Jamie that was an easy question." Lee complained.

He reminded me so much of Kaleb. I guess Jake is the mature one of the Hawkins cousins.

Jamie rolled her eyes. "Oh, fine. Let me think."

"Oh, I have one." Jamie announced. "If Nina can go anywhere in the world, where would it be?"

"Hmm, she actually wants to go everywhere." Jake said.

That's actually true. I wanna go to a lot of places around the world.

"There's Greece, Hawaii, Bali, London, Rome, Australia, Palawan, Japan." he listing them.

I was surprised that he knew that much.

He then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. "But there's one place where she'd love to go more than anything. Paris. Right, love?"

I smiled at him. "I think this just proves that we know each other a lot."

"I thought I had you there." Jamie said making me chuckled lightly.

The rest of dinner went like that. Asking questions about each other and neither of us got a question wrong.

After dinner Jamie paid the bill and Lee invited us to get some smoothies.

Jamie went ahead back to the hotel saying that she had to finalize some stuff for tomorrow's show.

Jake and I were gonna ride in Lee's car going back to the hotel since he's also checked in there.

We got our smoothies and stayed in the shop for about an hour just chatting.

It was already 10:00 when we arrived back at the hotel.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Lee waved as the elevator opened and we headed out since his room is a floor higher from us.

Lee and I hugged. "See you tomorrow. Bye."

I pulled away and he and Jake did their hand shake and said goodbye to each other.

~*~

"Our clothes are here." Jake said coming into the room.

Jake and I spent the day in the hotel. I went to their spa and Jake spent time with Lee doing who knows what.

Right now we were getting ready for the fashion show. Jamie told us that she already prepared our clothes and specifically told us to not wear anything else but what she prepared.

I was in a bathrobe and just finished doing my hair and makeup.

I turned and saw a bellboy pushing a cart that had our clothes. The clothes were hung and had a cover over them. There were boxes below them and I'm guessing they were shoes, but there was more than two boxes.

The bellboy left and Jake and I grabbed our clothes and boxes.

"Well, I guess mom thought of everything." Jake said amused as he opened a box with his shoes.

I opened another box to see my shoes and another box that had a bag and accessories.

"Yup. Everything, indeed." I said amused as I showed Jake the boxes.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'll get dressed in the closet."

I nodded. "Okay."

He went in the closet and closed the door.

I unzipped the cover and saw a plain dark green long sleeved dress with a boat neckline. It was simple but the gold necklace made up for it. Not that I'm complaining, I love wearing solid colored dresses, Jamie knows me to well.

I put on my dress and accessories including my bracelet, and earrings to match it.

"Nina. Can I come out?" Jake called.

"Yeah."

He came out looking dashing in his dark gray suit and white dress shirt, his tie looking very stylish in a light sliver with thin white diagonal strips.

"Well, you look handsome." I said as I got the white heels out of the box that Jamie prepared for me and put them on.

"Thanks, love. You look beautiful as always." he said putting his black coat with silver buttons down on the bed.

"Thanks." I said as I looked at the mirror making sure I looked okay.

I grabbed the white clutch that Jamie, again, provided and put my stuff in there.

"Hey, babe, can you please unplug my phone?" I said as I headed to the closet to get my beige coat.

"Sure. I'll put it in your bag, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks."

I put on my coat and buttoned it up. Jake put on his coat as well and handed me my clutch.

"Ready?" He said offering his arm.

I smiled and looped my arm with his. "Yup. Let's go."

"Lee's meeting us downstairs. Mom's already at the event." he informed me as we headed out the room and to the elevators.

We arrived at the lobby and saw Lee leaning on one of the pillars using his phone. He was also wearing a suit, but without a tie; his coat hanging on his arm.

"Lee." Jake called his attention.

Lee looked up and smiled tucking his phone away.

"Hey, bro." he said as they did their handshake.

He then turned to me and we hugged. "Hey, Nina. Looking good."

I chuckled lightly. "Thanks. You too."

He shrugged and smirked. "Well, what can I say. It's in the Hawkins blood. Right, Jake?"

Jake chuckled and they high-fived. "So, true."

"You Hawkins boys and your cockiness." I said rolling my eyes.

We headed to the car which was a white Bentley. Lee went around as Jake opened the door for me to get in first, making me end up in the middle of both the boys.

"Hey, did you guys see the news?" Lee said.

"What news?" I asked.

He smirked and took out his phone pressing stuff and then handing it to me.

"Spotted:

Cordelia "Nina" Maxfield and Jake Hawkins seen arriving together in Milan...

They are staying at the Carlington Baglioni Hotel together with..."

"Huh. Well, then." was all I could say.

"Here's another one and it has me in it." he said proudly.

I smiled amused and rolled my eyes as he swiped the screen.

"Maxfield-Hawkins seen having dinner with Jake Hawkins' cousin, Lee Edward Hawkins..."

"Edward?" I asked turning to Lee.

He made a face making me chuckle. "Shut up. I don't like that name. It doesn't suit me."

"Nice explanation." I said looking back at his phone.

"...and Jake's mother, Jamie Hawkins. The trio was then seen together drinking smoothies at..."

I stopped reading giving Lee back his phone.

"Paparazzi." I complained not liking that every move we make goes on the news.

Jake chuckled and wrapped his arms around my shoulder pulling me close. "She hates the paps." he said kissing the top of my head.

"I know, I hate them too. But, this is the billionaire's life, so get used to it." Lee teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, still working on that one."

We arrived at the event in thirty minutes. There were already a lot of people and unfortunately a lot of paps as well. But I honestly expected that, I mean come on, Jamie's one of the top fashion designers in the world and this is her last line for this year.

We got out of the car and were immediately bombarded with questions and flashing lights.

Lee came up beside me and I ended up in the middle of them again, my arm looped tightly around Jake's.

We entered the event's place and left our coats at the front. Once we entered the ballroom I was amazed at how amazing it looked.

There was a long runway in the middle with about a hundred chairs surrounding it. There were colorful lights and the background was simple plain white curtains; a sign in the middle that said J.H. Couture.

"J.H.?" I asked Jake.

"Mom started her fashion business before she got married. She named it Jamie Harris, J.H., coincidentally, it now also means Jamie Hawkins, or sometimes my mom likes to say that it means Jamie-Harold." Jake explained.

Wow. I think that's just destiny that she became a Hawkins and married Harold.

"Wow, that's lucky." I said smiling as I looked around at the people.

My eyes then widened at who I saw. "Oh my God. Is that Tyra Banks? No way."

Jake and Lee chuckled at my reaction.

Oh, whatever. I've never met famous people okay.

"Yeah. Tyra's one of my mom's clients. She loves her collections."

"Seriously? Paris Hilton?" I said as I saw her in the crowd of people.

"I heard Adam Levine's gonna be here." Lee said making me look at him.

"I will kill you if you're joking." I said glaring at him.

He raised his hands up in mock surrender and chuckled. "I'm not! His wife's modeling later. Behati Prinsloo, right?"

"Seriously?"

Lee nodded, an amused smile on his face.

"But isn't she an Angel?" I asked curiously.

Hey, I don't know much about her. I just know that she's beautiful and she's a Victoria's Secret model. Plus, the fact that her husband is Adam Levine.

Lee shrugged. "How should I know?"

There were definitely a lot of famous people here. From actors and actresses, to famous bloggers, to chief-editors of fashion magazines and other people. Of course there were a lot of paps too and we smiled for a few shots.

I got to talk and take a picture with some of the celebrities. I have to be honest when I say that I melted when I took a picture with Adam Levine.

Soon, the MC came on stage and announced that the event will start in a few minutes and for us to find our assigned seats.

Of course we were VIPs so we got the front seat, and once again I was in the middle of both boys.

I was honestly okay with it, cause Lee's more mature than Kaleb. If I were in between Kaleb and Jake, I would lose my mind and just walk out of the event.

The MC came out once again getting everyone's attention.

She announced some stuff and soon Jamie came out looking stunning in a simple dress.

She made a short speech telling us about her final collection of the year and reminding us that there will be a cocktail party after the runway.

The runway soon started as the music started playing and lights were going off. Everyone applauded as the first model came out.

"Wow, your mom's amazing." I told Jake as I watched in amazement.

Her clothes were so beautiful and stylish. There were also male models that amazed me more because they look as good as the women.

"Who do you think dresses me?" Jake teased making me roll my eyes at him. "You know most of my clothes are in her brand."

"I think that's obvious." I said chuckling lightly.

He chuckled wrapping an arm around me and kissing my temple.

When the runway was done all the models came out in the line clapping and posed at the side giving way in the middle for Jamie to come out.

Everyone applauded as Jamie nodded in thanks and clapped for the models as well.

Jamie said a short speech again and then we all headed to the next room for the cocktail party.

Soon, Jamie came out and everyone congratulated and complimented her on her designs.

She soon eyed us and excused herself.

"Hello, darling." Jamie said hugging me first.

Calling me darling has become a habit of hers.

"I swear it's like she loves Nina more than me." I heard Jake mutter to Lee making Lee chuckle.

"Your collection was amazing Jamie." I praised.

She chuckled lightly. "Thank you. I'm glad you liked it."

She then turned to Jake. "Hello, sweetheart."

They hugged and Jamie kissed his cheek. "Great job as always mom."

"Thanks, sweetie." She said and then turned to Lee.

"Great job, aunt Jamie." Lee said they hugged.

"Aw, thank you.." she said as they pulled away.

She really likes using those pet names on us.

"Did you guys eat dinner already?" She asked Jake.

He nodded. "Yeah we ate at the hotel and then we ate some finger food while waiting for the show to start."

"Oh, that's good. Well, just enjoy yourselves, you can leave early if you want too, just tell me before you leave."

"Alright, mom."

"Okay, have fun." she said before turning and going back to the group she was talking to earlier.

The night rolled by and I was stuck at Jake's side with Lee stuck to my other side.

After about two hours of conversing with random people we finally got bored.

"You guys wanna go already?" Lee offered.

"Yeah, but what are we gonna do in the hotel?" Jake said.

Lee shrugged. "Wanna just watch movies and pig out?" He offered.

Jake shrugged. "Sounds good to me." he then turned to me. "Nina?"

"Fine by me."

"Okay, then. Let's go say goodbye to aunt Jamie." Lee said as we tried to locate Jamie.

We walked to Jamie who was talking to a group of people. She saw us and excused herself.

"We're going back to the hotel, now." Jake said.

"Oh, okay sweetie. Be careful."

We said our goodbyes and turned to leave.

"Is she your son's girlfriend?" A heard someone ask Jamie.

"Oh, yes. Such a lovely girl. I honestly want her to be my daughter-in-law." Jamie said chuckling lightly.

I felt my cheeks heat up and luckily Jake and Lee didn't see or hear that as we walked out.

~*~

"So, what movie are we watching?" Lee asked coming into our room.

"Aren't you gonna change clothes first?" Jake asked taking off his coat and suit jacket.

I took of my coat as well and looked at Lee who was doing the same thing.

"Nah, I'm gonna end up being too lazy to come down later." he said throwing his coat and suit jacket over one of the chairs near the door.

"Suit yourself. We're gonna change while you look for a movie and get some room service. Nina, you want ice cream, or hot chocolate with marshmallows, and a plate of mac n' cheese?"

Damn, he really does know me well.

"The latter one please." I said heading to the room to get dressed first.

I took out some shorts and a tank and headed to the bathroom after removing my shoes.

After changing I tied my hair up in a lose ponytail and headed out the bathroom to see Jake in pajama pants, his shirt in his hands, giving me a full view of his drool worthy top half.

"I'm done." I said heading to the vanity mirror to get some make up remover.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Thanks."

After taking out my make up I wiped my face with some wipes and then put my dress back on its hanger and my shoes back in the box.

I then grabbed a dark green sweater and put it on loving the warm feeling.

"Room service is here!" Lee called.

I came out just in time to see the cart come in. There was a lot of food making my mouth water.

Lee thanked and tipped the delivery boy as he left. I grabbed a bowl of mac n' cheese and began eating it.

"What movie are watching?" I asked sitting on the sofa.

"In Time." he said getting some food from the cart.

Soon, Jake came out and we started our movie marathon and pig out night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 268 45
Idk wtf this is. Enjoy my first attempt at creating a story. (It's probably gonna suck lol) Summary: You kinda do some illegal stuff with your bestie...
797K 17.3K 49
Hi, I've written this story when I was super young, and now I honestly think it's cringe worthy. I recommend anyone older than 14 to move on. Don't r...
68.7K 4K 43
Hey Guys. So here I am with my second story named "My Husbands ". You guys have gave my first story so much love. I hope , I won't disappointed you w...
56 0 9
My friend at school told me he was writing a book called this but didn't know what it was going to be about, so I said "why don't we both write a ver...