Star Wars One-Shots

By MagicGoldenFlower

Basically a place to put all of my random thoughts about Star Wars. Includes short stories and I'm willing to... More

Intro
A New Face
Young Luke
Smooth Delivery
Alternative Reality
Homebound
Senses
Bad Padawan
I'm Here
Haunting Memories
Leaving
Old Friend
You Were My Brother
Stolen Kisses (Obitine)
Rebels
Beach Day
Busy Trips Usually End With Sleeping Tots
Star Gazing At Loved Ones
My Fault
Bad Omen
It Will Pass In Time
Padawan Crossing
Losing Faith In Himself
White Lily (Obitine)
Spectre-6 Is Stagnant
Trust in the Force
Meeting Spectre-7 (S7S)
Baby Duty (S7S)
Toddler Tossing (S7S)
Our Lineage
He never misses (Bad Batch)
The Cost of Loyalty (Bad Batch) (Pt1)
Rescuing the Unexpected (Bad Batch) (Pt2)
Bad Batch Halloween
The Mother He Deserves
And I Miss You Like a Little Kid
Luck of the Draw (crosshair x reader)
luck of the draw 2
Luck of the draw 3
I Live to Make You Free
Not Something That Has To Be Earned

Modern AU

475 3 2
By MagicGoldenFlower

So a quick explanation about this short story!! So this is obviously taking in modern times, but everything is like the same if that makes sense?? So it's like Star Wars but in the real world??

Anakin rolls his window down, closing his eyes. A smile grows on his face as the wind blows through his hair. It's a peaceful summer day. Well, it would be peaceful if Ahsoka wasn't coughing in the back seat.

"Anakin, will you close your window?" She asks, screaming over the loud wind blowing into the car. She knows that he isn't very sensitive to others sometimes, but can't he at least think about her? "I can hardly breathe back here!"

He rolls his eyes as he closes the window. He looks back at Ahsoka, who is glaring at him. "Sorry. I didn't know you were so sensitive to air." He says.

Instead of arguing with him, she changes the subject. They could go at it for hours if they really wanted to, but she isn't in the mood. "Where are we going, Master Obi-Wan?" She asks.

"We are supposed to drop off these supplies at the women's shelter in Springfield." He answers, looking at her through the rearview mirror. Usually, he takes these types of trips alone. He enjoys the quiet rides and the view of nature. Anakin and Ahsoka don't appreciate it as much as him.

"That's it?" Anakin asks. "I don't see why Ahsoka and I had to be dragged along then." He huffs, sinking in his seat. He was going to spend the day with Padmé but Obi-Wan instead he tagged along. Now he is really regretting joining them.

"I thought it would be nice to get out of the Temple." He fires back, side eying Anakin. He doesn't know why Anakin is so upset. Sure, this isn't the most exciting thing to do, but it isn't worth getting angry about. "I know how you get if you don't leave occasionally."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Anakin glares, scrunching his nose.

Obi-Wan shrugs his shoulder. "Nothing. I just know that you don't like being cooped up in the Temple. I like to give you every chance possible to escape for a while. Even if it's just for a supply run."

Anakin lets his guard down, softly nodding his head in agreement. Obi-Wan has a point. He can tend to get a bit cranky if he doesn't get out of the Temple occasionally. Kind of like at the moment.

"Well, I think this will be fun. I've been wanting to take a road trip." Ahsoka pipes up, sticking her head between the two of them. She either gets stuck at the Temple or tags along with Anakin on semi-sensitive missions. It's not often the three of them get to be together anymore.

"I'm glad you liked my idea. Besides, we haven't had much time to be together. I've been busy with council meetings and you two have been working endlessly on your studies. How have those been going anyways?" Obi-Wan asks, happy that Ahsoka shares his excitement about the trip. If Anakin was going to be sour, he was going to keep the conversation up with Ahsoka.

"Pretty good. I've been practicing my skills with the Force. You know, lifting items and stuff. I've been getting really good at Force pushing Anakin." She smirks, looking at him.

"It was a one-time thing, Snips." He says though it's clear that neither Obi-Wan or Ahsoka believe him. "I'm not gonna let it happen again."

"Sure, Skyguy." She replies, shrugging her shoulder. She leans back into her seat, glancing out the window. Green hills roll in the distance and birds fly high above. It seems like everyone is enjoying this beautiful day.

"Ugh, what is this? This is terrible road trip music." Anakin grumbles as he messes with the radio.

"That was Fleetwood Mac and I was listening to it for your information." Obi-Wan sighs as he watches Anakin. Though he would rather listen to what was on, he lets Anakin pick the music. If it keeps him happy then there's no need to argue.

"Come on, Obi-Wan. You know shotgun gets to pick the music." Anakin smiles, feeling himself lightening up. After finding nothing worth listening to on the radio, he begins digging through his bag.

Curious, Ahsoka leans forward to peek over his shoulder. "What are you looking for?" She asks, her hands grabbing onto the back of Anakin's seat.

"You'll see." He says as he waves her away. She is able to get a glance at it as he plugs it into the radio.

"Not the aux cord." She groans, falling back against her seat.

"Yes, the aux cord," Anakin replies, quickly plugging his phone in.

"Just don't play anything stupid," Ahsoka says, watching Anakin quickly scroll through his playlist.

Some blink-182 song begins to play. Ahsoka groans, covering her ears in disgust. He's always blasting these types of songs as they work out or study. Now she can't even get away from them in the car.

He begins nodding his head along to the beat. He quickly spins the volume wheel, blasting the music through the car. The bass makes Ahsoka rumble in the back and she can't help but laugh.

Though she swears she hates his music taste, the two of them began screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs. Anakin turns around, beginning to dance with Ahsoka, narrowly avoiding Obi-Wan.

"Alright. That's enough of that." He shouts, turning the volume down.

"Hey. What gives, Obi-Wan?" Anakin scoffs, looking back at his master. Now they couldn't even listen to harmless songs without him getting uptight? 

"Yeah, Obi-Wan. Don't you know how to have any fun?" Ahsoka joins in, glaring at him. They were just about to get to the best part of the song.

"I know how to have plenty of fun." He fires back. He's not sure why he feels like he has to prove himself to them. Instead of giving in to their taunts, he ignores them.

"Whatever. You don't like anything fun. Example one, my music." Anakin grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. This trip is going to be long and boring if they can't do anything but stare out the window and talk about their studies. Isn't that why they left the Temple? To do something different?

"It's not the type of music I have a problem with. It's the volume it was being played at. I can't drive with the bass practically shaking the whole car." He explains as he fumbles with volume, raising it just a bit for them.

"Then you should let me drive. I can drive with the music at that volume." Anakin says, jumping at the chance. He loves driving, especially on long car trips. He would gladly drive them to Springfield.

"No. That's not happening." Obi-Wan laughs, shaking his head.

"Oh, come on, Master Obi-Wan. Anakin is a great driver." Ahsoka pipes up as she rests her chin on the back of his seat.

"I know he is. I've ridden with him plenty of times." He counters. "After all, I am the one who taught him how to drive a car."

"Then at least let me drive on the way back," Anakin begs, turning in his seat to look at Obi-Wan. "I promise, I won't play the music too loud."

"Please, Master?" Ahsoka asks, tilting to see his face. Obi-Wan is silent for a bit. Ashoka slightly pouts, hoping to tug at his heartstrings.

"Fine. But I get to pick the music on the way back." Obi-Wan says, slightly glaring at Anakin.

"Fine, you just have to beat Ahsoka to shotgun." Anakin smiles. The idea of the two of them racing to get the front seat almost makes him laugh out loud. It would make the trip interesting.

"I'm not sitting in the back. I'm sitting shotgun no matter what."

"What? Afraid you'll lose?" Ahsoka grins, the idea of racing him making her excited. She's game for anything to prove herself. Not only that, but she would love to go back to the Temple and brag about her win over him.

"No. But I am afraid that you two will cheat."

"Cheat?" Anakin playfully scoffs, placing his hand on his chest. "We would never." He says, getting a glare from Obi-Wan. "Fine. You can have shotgun. No race necessary."

"No fair!" Ahsoka gasps.

"Life's not fair, Ahsoka." Obi-Wan and Anakin quickly fire back. They share a smile as Ahsoka rolls her eyes.

"You two are practically twins." She groans, laying her head against Obi-Wan's seat.

"Not even close. I'm way more fun than him." Anakin argues, making her giggle and nod her head. She had to agree. Obi-Wan is a stickler, always following the rules. 

"Hey. I can be fun." Obi-Wan counters as he changes lanes to pass a car. He tries to bite back his tongue. He doesn't have to prove anything to them. He knows that he can be fun, even if they don't believe him.

"You? Fun? I don't think so, Master." Ahsoka chuckles, shaking her head. "You follow the rules way too much."

"Yeah. Maybe if you broke some rules we'd say you're fun." Anakin grins, knowing he is pushing Obi-Wan's buttons. If he tries hard enough, maybe he'll get him to spill some secrets about his past. Or maybe he could get him to break some rules right now.

"I do break rules sometimes."

"Master, you're not even going over the speed limit. That's like the most commonly broken rule. Everyone speeds!" She exclaims, gesturing to his speedometer. How could he possibly be fun if he can't even do that? 

"Anakin speeds for both of us. I swear we make it there at least a half-hour earlier than the GPS says." He argues, slightly glaring at both of them. Sure, Anakin hasn't gotten into any crashes yet, but if he doesn't slow down someday, it might happen.

"That's an over-exaggeration." Anakin waves away.

"He does have a point. You do drive really fast, Anakin." Ahsoka says, looking over at him.

"That doesn't matter," Anakin says, waving the thought away. "We're talking about Obi-Wan and how he apparently has broken the rules."

"I have."

"Oh, yeah? Give us one example." Ahsoka taunts, a smile growing on her face. It's quiet in the car as he thinks. Ahsoka glances at Anakin and shakes her head. He has no example. If he did, he would have told them by now.

"See, Obi-Wan? You can't even give us one example." Anakin says. He crosses his arms over his chest, looking back at Ahsoka. "I rest my case."

"Oh, there's more than one example I could give you. I'm not sure how appropriate they are though." Obi-Wan replies, unable to hold back anymore. He is going to prove them wrong. He has broken the rules and he can be fun.

"Bet," Anakin smirks, knowing that he is succeeding in getting his master to spill about his past. It's not hard to get Obi-Wan to feel the pressure to make himself look better. 

"You two forget that I was young like you." He smiles, looking at them, clearly taunting them now. 

"Doubt. I'm sure you've been an old man your whole life." Ahsoka says, grinning at Anakin. She is excited to see what awful things Obi-Wan has supposedly done. She thinks it'll be something like lying or speeding.

"Wow. That hurts, Ahsoka." Obi-Wan chuckles, knowing she was only teasing.

"Tell us the story or we'll never believe you were once fun," Anakin says. He's practically jumping in his seat in excitement. Whenever Obi-Wan tries to avoid the subject, it's usually a great story.

He is quiet, feeling the tension growing in the car. Just before one of them could speak up again, he spills. "Does smoking pot count as breaking the rules?" He asks with a smirk.

Ahsoka's jaw drops. This is not what she was expecting. "Isn't that illegal here?"

"You've smoked pot?!" Anakin grins. This is great. He had no idea Obi-Wan would do something that daring. Even Anakin hasn't smoked pot. Besides it being illegal for every citizen, it's very looked down upon by the Council. Any drugs that aren't prescription are seen basically as forbidden.  

"On multiple occasions." Obi-Wan smiles, glad that he has shocked them so much. Quickly, he turns serious. "And yes, it is very illegal and I don't want you two to get any ideas."

"Who was your seller?" Anakin asks.

"He's been in jail for a long time now. You can't get any from him." Obi-Wan answers. He's thankful that Anakin can't try to get that information out of him. He knows how much of a troublemaker Anakin can be and the last thing he wants is him smoking pot.

"Did you do this by yourself?" Ahsoka asks.

"Of course not. Qui-Gon and I would do all of the time." He laughs, making both of their jaws drop.

"Qui-Gon smoked pot?" Anakin exclaims. The story just got better and better. Two of the Jedi that he looked up to both smoked pot. 

"Oh yes. How else do you think he got so good at meditation? He's the one who introduced it to me back then." Obi-Wan explains, waving away Anakin's comment.

"Do you still smoke pot?" Ahsoka asks. How could Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon do something so daring? If either one of them were to get caught, the consequences were almost unthinkable. 

"Oh no. I stopped years ago." Obi-Wan replies, shaking his head. He hasn't touched the stuff in a long time. Once Qui-Gon passed away, he didn't really like smoking anymore. 

"When?" Anakin asks.

"About a year after I started training you."

"You were smoking pot when you were training me?" Anakin gasps, his eyes widen.

Obi-Wan shrugs his shoulders. "There were only one or two times that I was actually high. I'm surprised that you didn't notice. You were old enough to recognize that something was wrong with me though." He lightly laughs.

Anakin furrows his eyebrows, trying to think of a time he thought Obi-Wan was weird. "I remember one time you had us lay on our back and wave our hands in slow, controlled movements. You said that it would help me wield my lightsaber better. Were you high then?"

Obi-Wan burst out laughing. "I remember that. That was the highest I had been without Qui-Gon present. The lights hurt so bad so I had you turn them off. I could hardly contain my laughter as we trained that day. Once the effects wore off, I felt terrible. I shouldn't have let you see that side of me. I slowly weaned myself off until I no longer wanted it."

"Well, I'm glad that you never got addicted to that stuff, Master. Some people aren't as lucky as you to just walk away." Ahsoka says, worry clear in her voice. She can't believe that Obi-Wan of all people has done pot. 

"You're right, Ahsoka. I am very lucky and that's why you two should never do that stuff. Don't do any drugs. If you do, I will deal with it personally." He threatens, glaring at each other them.

"And that's how you ruin the whole mood. Turning something into a lecture. Typical of you, Master." Anakin smiles. Though his words sound hurtful, Obi-Wan knows that he's only playing around.

"You know me. I can't have any fun." He says. Ahsoka quickly asks Anakin for his phone, begging to play a song. The two of them playfully fight for it, the mood in the car staying light and upbeat.

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't really know what this is, lol. I just thought that it would be something fun to write about. If you have any other ideas about what you want me to write about, please leave a comment! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 904 35
I am currently doing preferences for the following: Kylo Ren Rey Finn Poe Luke Anakin Obi-Wan If you would like to request a one-shot or suggest for...
512K 8.6K 93
Some Imagines/One-Shots for some of Star Wars' best characters from all eras. • Prequels • Clone Wars • Original Trilogy • Rebels • The Mandalorian...
488K 9.9K 42
As the title suggests, these are Star Wars Preferences. The people I am doing are Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kylo Re...
379K 6.3K 63
Well uh, the title kinda explains it:) I'm kinda done with the book, I've been writing chapters lately but updates are very slow All the chapters are...