The Unforgettable

By intotheblue22

Nothing ever felt quite right...nothing but her... Her lips fit perfectly with mine, as if God were an artist... More

New Beginnings
We just "clicked"
The Secret Garden
I felt it
Roti with Curry
To the moon
Whenever she's around
It'll be alright
Hot and Bothered
Clean up Woman
Sweet tooth
Ain't no way
The "L" bomb
Liquid Lava Love
Aint nothin but a thing
Unfinished business
Anger Management
Promise me
Birthday Girl (P.1)
Birthday Girl (P.2)
Life.Love
Pandora's Box
Fragile

What now?

879 50 27
By intotheblue22

Davina

"Woah"

"Woah is right" Janet said. Trying to catch her breath.

I was still stunned. At that moment I felt brave enough to make the first move and kiss her. But all of that bravery left my body as soon as she looked at me. Now I just felt like a little kid getting caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"Hey" she lifted my chin "now don't go getting shy on me again. After kissing me like that, there's no going back." She giggled.

I smiled back at her "you're right, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't let you leave without doing that." I said tugging at my ear.

I pulled away slightly until she gripped my hips and forced me back into our previous position."Oh no need to apologize love, I enjoyed every minute of it." She gave me a devilish grin as I bit my bottom lip.

"So what now?" I asked, still unsure about where we stood.

She paused for a moment thinking. "Now, we just let things happen naturally. I want to get to know you better if you'll let me?"

"I'd like that very much" I said as a smile tugged on my lips. And I wasn't lying. I was dying to know her, every part of her the bad and the good. I wanted to know the real Janet, not just what she portrayed to the world.

"Now, I have to get back before Miss Bessy throws a fit." I told her. Already regretting having to leave her.

Her eyes went wide. "Yeah you better, I don't want her coming after me. That woman scares me sometimes." She said, turning me around.

We made it back to the house but before I opened the door she stopped me. "Wait!"

"What is it?" I asked, a little confused.

She grabbed my chin and pecked my lips. "I just wanted to do that." I just chuckled to myself.

"Wait! one more." She said as she did it again making me laugh.

"Janet I ha-" she cut me off with a kiss.

"I seriously have t-" again

"Go-" I finally got my sentence out backing away and walking through the doors. I shook my head to myself smiling from ear to ear.

"Now what's got you smiling like that. And why in the world are you soaking wet child?" Miss Bessy asked me as I walked into the back kitchen.

Caught off guard I stopped for a moment thinking of an excuse. "Oh umm.. I was just thinking of something funny." I said, ignoring the second half of her question.

Bessy pressed her lips and gave me a side eye. "Mmhhmm, I may be old hunny but I ain't stuck on stupid." She said, while kneading some dough on the marble counter. I started feeling a little uneasy and I was nervous that she might know about Janet and I. She continued.  "Only thing can make a woman smile like that is a man hunny." She said with a proud grin on her face and holding her head up high like she'd just solved a complicated puzzle.

I couldn't hold it in. It just came bursting out, and now I was bent over laughing uncontrollably and holding on to the table for support. Miss Bessy stopped what she was doing and stared at me like I was absolutely crazy, making me laugh even harder.

"Aha! You thought" I laughed while pointing at her.

"That I was!" I said pointing at myself. By now I had tears running down my face from how hard I was laughing. If only she knew.

Just then somebody else walked into the kitchen and spoke. "What's so funny?" I settled down a bit looking up to see Janet standing there leaning on the door frame.

"Good afternoon Miss Jackson." Bessy greeted her first.

"Hi Jan- um, Miss Jackson" I said, hoping Bessy didn't catch my slip up.

"Good afternoon ladies, what are you making?" She asked, gesturing toward Bessy who was still kneading the dough. "Just making some treats for the babies when they wake up." She responded.

"Oh that sounds great, now what had Miss Davina over here dying of laughter earlier?" Janet asked Bessy, almost making me break out into another fit of laughter. I held the back of my hand up to my mouth trying to contain myself.

"Well it's the strangest thing. I asked her why she was walkin up in here grinnin all hard like she just won a prize at the carnival." Janet and I looked at each other, trying to hide a smile as Bessy continued.

"And she just plays it off as if it was something funny she was thinking about." She side eyed me once again. I bet her and my aunty would get along perfectly.

"But once I told her that I think it's a man that's got her so happy. She just busted out laughing."

Janet looked at me and we both doubled over. My stomach was starting to feel sore from all this laughing I was doing. Miss Bessy stood with both hands on her hips even more confused than the last time.

"Crack... Crack is what y'all smokin." she huffed.

Bessy started to shake her head but stopped while looking at the pair of us still laughing. She looked from me, then to Janet, and then back again at me like she was trying to figure something out. We finally settled and I looked up to see Bessy pointing a finger at the both of us.

"Uh uh. Now I know you two aint foolin around now." She said, giving Janet the death glare. We both stopped immediately and I must've looked like a deer caught in headlights. Right before I spoke, I heard my nephew wake up through the baby monitor on the counter. Oh thank God.

"oop! Gotta run"

I snatched it up quickly and started walking out of the room. Janet gave me a look and mouthed 'you better not leave me' but I was not about to stick around for this awkward conversation. Nope. I made it to the nursery and walked in seeing that both of the boys were up.

"Hello my handsome babies!" I clapped my hands smiling at the two of them.

Janet

"Janet Damita Jo Jackson!" She scolded.

"Now I know you ain't foolin around with that girl." I just stood there pulling on my ear still at a loss for words.

I've known Bessy my entire life. She took care of me as a child and has been around for as long as I can remember. She has always been like a second mother to me, so you can understand how a situation like this could be a bit uncomfortable.

"Bambi, I am a grown woman not the same little girl you nannied. I do have a love life you know." I told her walking to the living room area.

I could never pronounce 'Bessy' as a child for some reason so I always called her Bambi. The nickname stuck and my entire family still calls her that to this day.

I took a seat on the black leather couch and turned on the TV. She came and stood right in front of me with her hands still glued to her hip. Always naggin on somebody I swear.

She gave me a warning look "That is not the point Janet and you know it."

She grabbed the remote and turned the TV off before she continued."Love whoever you want, that is none of my business. But you are this girls employer and it could get messy." She said.

I was on my phone now responding to a few emails when shit me with the dish towel that was laying over her shoulder.

"Ow! I'm listening bam!" I told her rubbing my thigh, this woman was old but she was still as strong as a horse I swear.

She sighed and took a seat beside me. "Sugar I just want you to be aware of what you're getting yourself into. I know you are grown, but even grown people get caught up sometimes." She said patting my knee.

I gave her a weak smile "I know, but after everything I went through with Wissam I think I have the right to get a little caught up." I told her. "And I do like Davina, there's something different about her. And I know that sounds like such a cliché but I got a good feeling about this one bam." I said, my smile growing a little brighter.

She grabbed my cheek squeezing it, making feel like a five year old all over again. "Yes she definitely is something. Got my pookie blushing like a little school girl." She cooed.

I brushed her hand away while rolling my eyes. "Bam! I'm serious" I said laughing.

"Oh I believe you whole heartedly hunny. I've gotten to know that young woman over these past few weeks and I can tell you she's got a heart of gold." She told me.

"So don't go breaking now." She said bluntly getting up and walking back into the kitchen.

"Wow bam! And what about me?!" I yelled after her. She gave me the back of her hand as I laughed to myself.

I felt little hands cover my eyes as I reached behind me to grab my baby boy.

"Hello my little prince! Have a good nap?" I beamed.

Eissa just clapped his chubby little hands and babbled on incoherently. I looked up to see Davina holding her nephew.

"And who is this handsome boy?" I cooed motioning to the little one on her hip.

"This is my nephew jojo. Jojo say hi to Janet." He curled up into her neck hiding behind her hair while giving me a little wave.

"Shy, just like his aunty huh?" I giggled. She playfully pushed my shoulder.

"Oh whatever pookie" she teased. Poking her tongue out at me. My face fell and I realized she heard mine and bessy's whole conversation. Before I could get to her she ran away back to the kitchen most likely trying to hide behind Bessy.

My mouth dropped in shock as I looked at Eissa. "Oh, imma get her for that one."

____________________________________

I know I know! This one chapter was a lil blehhhh but I'm workin on it okay!Just chill with this for now till I get my storyline together 😂

Kk thanks 💖🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 7.7K 45
I was ruthless and she was was wrecked by her past. I never thought twice of anything but I did of her. I wanted her but she was too scared to ne...
2.7K 136 24
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
16.2K 1.2K 36
You never know what life will throw at you...one minute you're in the clouds and the next you're being hunted down. How did things get so complicated...
12K 631 10
"Words couldn't begin to describe how bad I wanted her."