Queen Regnant ( Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

The third book after to Rye and Xavier's story....Please read the first two books or you will be lost :P Mav... More

Prologue
Ch. 1 Father's Mistakes
Ch. 2 Up in the air
Ch. 3 Crush
Ch.4 Dress to impress
CH.5 Ra-da-co-vick
Ch.6 Oh Brother
Ch.7 Badges
Ch.8 Rumors
Ch.9 Czara the space witch
Ch.10 Libelle
Ch.11 What am I?
CH.12 Dreams
Ch.13 Standing ovation
CH.14 Someone Else
Ch.15 Travelers
Ch.16 Not the same thing
Ch.17 Over her heart
Ch.18 The game
Ch.19 Checkmate
Ch.20 Aftermath
Ch.21 Dancing with Ghosts
Ch.22 The Princess
Ch.23 Juniper's Baker's Best
Ch.24 Bad Habit
Ch.25 Every Word
Ch.26 Put a spell on me
Ch.27 Eggs
Ch.28 Ms.Dorin
Ch.29 Spilled Tea
CH.30 Games
Ch.31 Frozen
Ch.32 Test Him
CH.33 Father of the Bride
CH.34 Little Boys
Chapter 36 Sweet dreams
CH.37 Twice the fun
CH.38 Mirror Mirror
CH.39 Mary Sue
CH.40 Apologies
CH.41 Family
CH.42 Burn it all
CH.43 Lillies
CH.44 Let her come
CH.45 All dressed in White
CH.46 Letters.
47. No words needed
CH.48 Leave your mark
CH. 49 A gift
CH.50 Maksim
CH.51 Hope
CH.52 Let it rain
CH.53 Keep talking
CH.54 Cupcakes
CH.55 Owen
CH.56 Only about you
CH.57 Restless nights
CH.58 Dirty Martini
CH.59 Crown
CH.60 Hello, trouble
CH.61 Confession of a lover
CH.62 Deal with the Devil
CH.63 Itty Bitty Jars
CH.64 Basil Hunts
CH.65 Time Stands Still

CH.35 I have nothing

23.8K 1.3K 342
By marcyswales17

Chapter 35

"I'll coordinate with Edward and have him send out more King's guards," Owen said as he paced the living room floor.

As soon as they had figured out it was a pixie that dragged Mavi into the lake, Xavier and Owen marched her straight home. Upon entering the house, the two turned the living room into their war room. Xavier was in one corner making calls to the palace, Owen was on the other corner calling the packs and the King's guards.

Mavi sat on the sofa with Manya's arms wrapped around her. She tried to help but she didn't know where to start. It seemed as if the two men had already covered all bases.

"I'll have the pack comb the area and evacuate any pixies they come across," Owen said to Xavier.

"The woods are dense," Manya pointed out. "They could be in the woods."

"She's right," Xavier said.

"I will call Alpha Jax and the other packs," Owen picked up his phone. "See how many men they can spare."

Xavier turned to Mavi with a frown, "Are you sure you don't want to come back home? Your mother and I would feel so much better with you near us."

Mavi shook her head, "I don't want to."

Owen's eyes lingered on Mavi for a few seconds before he turned to Xavier.

"Juniper is a small town," He said. "We can control what comes in or out. Gemma already has a shield up, with more king's guards and pack members on their way. I think this is the safest place for her."

Xavier thought about his words for a while before nodding. He checked his watch and sighed.

"I'll stay in contact," He said, getting up. "Let me know if anything changes."

"You're leaving?" Mavi frowned.

Xavier walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I have a flight to catch."

"I've been meaning to ask," Mavi said, looking up at her father. "Why did you fly here? You could have used a portal."

"With all that's going on with the travelers, I thought it would be safe to not open any portals around you,"

Mavi sighed, "Makes sense."

She got off the sofa and wrapped her arms around her dad, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more, love," Xavier held her close. "Come home soon, okay?"

Mavi nodded, "Tell mom I miss her, and Gem and even Eggs."

Xavier laughed, "I'll let them know."

A few minutes later Mavi watched with a heavy heart as Xavier and Owen talked by the door before Xavier waved to her and got in the car to the airport. She stood on the door steps and watched until the black car disappear down the road.

"Are you okay, princess?" Owen asked as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

Mavi took a deep breath and leaned her head back against his shoulder, "Yeah."

"You miss your family?" Owen asked.

Mavi nodded as she felt a little choked up.

Owen's face dropped to a frown as he sensed her sorrow, "We could go back."

"No," Mavi shook her head. "I like it here. I like being normal with you here."

"Nothing will change if we go back to the palace," Owen told her as he turned her around in his arms.

"It will," Mavi said, frowning. "We will be kept busy with paperworks and events and speeches. I won't get to see you at all. And I know that's how it'll be because I see how Gem and Eggs are and even mom and dad."

Owen smiled down at her, "You want me all to yourself?"

"Why does that surprise you?" Mavi rolled her eyes.

"I like hearing it," Owen confessed. "I am still caught off guard every second I realize I can kiss you now whenever I want."

"Did you think about kissing me a lot before?"

Owen lowered his mouth and brushed his lips over Mavi's, "Every second of the day. Especially when you laughed."

"Why didn't you?" Mavi pouted, making Owen's eyes grow a few shades darker. "Was it because you didn't date school girls?"

Owen couldn't help the goofy smile that appeared on his face. He didn't know why he loved it so much when Mavi showed her bratty side around him.

"I can make an exception for one school girl," he said to her.

"All the girls at St.Rieka go crazy over you, you know that?"

"Really?" Owen raised a brow. "I haven't noticed."

"How did you not notice that?" Mavi rolled her eyes.

Owen slowly lowered his lips to her neck and kissed her, "I was too focused on a certain pair of stormy gray eyes."

Mavi blushed at his soft words. She locked her arms around his neck and leaned into his touch. Owen swung her around into the house and closed the door behind her. He set her back down on her feet and kissed the top of her head.

"I have work to do," He said looking into mavi's eyes. "I have to call the packs and the king's guards and see how many Pixies are in town."

Mavi nodded and took a step back, "Okay.....Do you need help?"

"Yes," Owen smiled. "I want the Queen to supervise her Beta's work."

Mavi laughed, "I can be a very picky boss, Mr. Radacovick."

"That's fine," Owen shrugged. "I can change your mind."

"How?" Mavi asked.

As she watched, Owen's eyes darkened once more as he took a slow step towards her. Mavi gasped when she realized his intentions and turned her head to find Manya in the kitchen.

"Owen," she backed up, holding up her hand. "Your mom is in the kitchen."

Owen didn't stop. He took another step towards her like a lion getting ready to pounce on a prey. The sly smile on his face got wider as he moved his eyes over Mavi's body.

"Owen," Mavi laughed nervously. "Stop."

Mavi's heart leaped up in her chest as she yelped in surprise when Owen lunged forward. She dodged him and ran towards the stairs laughing as she felt Owen chase after her. He caught her at the top of the stairwell and wrapped his arms around her waist.

The way Mavi laughed was doing crazy things to his heart. He loved that sound, it was like music to his ears.

"Baby, stop!" Mavi laughed, wiggling in his arms as he pulled her closer.

Owen backed her up against the wall and caged her in with his arms beside her head. Mavi looked up at him though her lashes and bit down on her bottom lip as her laughter died down, leaving her slightly breathless.

Owen's eyes searched her face before he couldn't ignore the need to kiss her any longer. Dropping his head, he pulled Mavi closer and tasted her soft warm lips. She responded right away with soft moans. Her hands moved up to his hair as she tugged gently.

"I love you," Mavi said into the kiss.

"I love you so much more," Owen said.

Too quickly, Mavi pulled away and looked up at her mate, "Promise you won't leave."

Owen leaned forward and kissed the top of her head, "Cross my heart and hope to die."

_________________________

For the rest of the afternoon, Owen worked from his room with Mavi reading on his bed. She watched him pace the floor back and forth making phone calls, arranging meetings and going over details for travel arrangements for the arriving packs.

Ever so often he mindlessly walked over to Mavi, sat down next to her and began playing with her hair as he listened to whatever the people were saying on the other side of the phone. And when he was really anxious, he would pick up her hand and place a kiss on it before sighting and going back to work.

When Mavi could focus no more on her book, she put it aside and placed her chin on her folded hands as she watched him. Owen sat at his desk, frowning at his laptop screen. Mavi slowly got off the bed and walked over to him.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"This is the report from the vikings," Owen sighed. "The palace just forwarded it to us."

"What does it say?" As Mavi asked, Owen moved his chair back as she took a seat on his lap. Mavi draped an arm around his shoulder as they read the report together.

"The number of travelers detected since November has tripled," Owen pointed out.

Mavi frowned as she checked the numbers.

"Why?" she asked herself more than Owen.

"Your first shift was around November,"

Mavi turned to look at her mate, "That can't just be a coincidence. They also followed us around the same time."

"Yeah," Owen sighed. "I just can't get my head around the idea of dragon charmers ..... I mean, what do they want from you?"

Suddenly, Mavi's heart clenched. She started thinking about Tobias and all that he had said to her.

"Owen," Mavi whispered. "I think I know what they want."

Owen turned her around in his arms and looked into her eyes. He could hear Mavi's heart beginning to pound in her chest.

"Do you remember when Tobias came to see him?" Mavi asked.

"Yeah," Owen said.

"He.....he didn't come to look at my scar."

Owen frowned. He didn't like where this was headed. If Tobias had touched Mavi, he swore by all things holy, he would make the man suffer.

"He needed help saving someone," Mavi continued. "He said he did some deep research and came across something that hinted towards the healing power of dragon scales."

Owen groaned as he listened to Mavi's information, "Please tell me you didn't give him anything."

When Mavi didn't answer, Owen gently lifted her off his lap and stood up.

"Mavi, seriously?"

"I know Tobias," Mavi jumped to her defense. "He wouldn't give away that information. He was the one who told me not to tell anyone."

"You didn't think to ask anyone?" Owen asked calmly. "Forget me, why didn't you ask your parents?"

"I am an adult," Mavi narrowed her eyes. "I can make my own decisions."

"Not when it comes to messing with things out of your understanding," Owen pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes.

Mavi didn't argue back. She knew he was worried about her and he was right.....she should have asked her parents at least. They knew Tobias better than her.

Mavi walked over to Owen and wrapped her arms around his waist, "I'm sorry."

Owen sighed and kissed her, "There is a lot going on right now. I just want to make sure all our bases are covered."

"I understand," Mavi said. "Tell you what, I'll get in contact with Tobias and ask him to share the information he had found. We can look into what else is mentioned about dragon scales."

"Alright," Owen nodded.

"And we should also contact Alpha Jax's son Brad,"

"Why?"

"He knew a lot about the sacred grounds. If the legends are true, then there must be something he knows about dragons having healing powers."

"You're right," Owen said, nodding. "I'll give them another call."

Just then, they heard a loud boom from downstairs followed by Manya yelling Alec's name. Owen and Mavi both looked at each other with worry before they headed for the first floor.

Once they arrived in the living room, they found the coffee table flipped over on the rug. The crystal bowl that had been placed on top of it was smashed to pieces. Owen immediately moved Mavi behind him as they approached Alec and Manya.

"There he is!" Alec said dramatically. "The perfect son."

Mavi gasped slightly at his appearance. His cheeks here hollow, his eyes slight red and puffy.

"Alec," Owen took a step towards his brother, "What is this?"

"Where is your mate?" Alec snickered. His eyes quickly landed on Mavi behind Owen and he smirked. Owen put his hand back and shielded Mavi from his view. He turned to look at Manya, who was pale as the snow outside and shaking slightly.

"You must be so happy!" Alec said to Manya. "Your perfect son is mated to the future Queen!"

"Alec, stop this right now." Manya said through her teeth. Her heart pounded in her chest as she prayed Alec would calm down. He had come home just a few minutes ago and Manya had thought it was a good idea to give him a heads up about Owen and Mavi before he was caught off guard.

"Why him?" Alec asked. Mavi was shocked by the amount of hurt in his voice. Her heart sank even more when she saw Owen flinch in front of her from his brother's words.

"Why him?" ALec asked again when Manya didn't answer. "He's not even your real son! He's my father's bastard!"

"Alec!" Manya yelled. "That's enough!"

But Alec wasn't listening. His anger grew wilder in his eyes as he turned his attention back on Owen. Mavi never thought the cool and collective Alec could look so dangerous. He growled like a wild animal and bared his teeth. Mavi felt her body itch to shift as Alec took a step closer to Owen. She knew Owen could take him, but the way Alec looked at Owen bothered her.

"You get everything, don't you?" Alec spat. "The good grades, the best position on the football team, the best girl in high school. And as if that wasn't enough you went and joined the king's guard. Do you know what it's like to always be compared to a bastard?"

"Alec," Owen said calmly. "Calm down."

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down," Alec took a step back. "Why you?"

Owen took a deep breath and tried to reach out to his brother, but Alec pushed his hand away.

"Your girl swept you out of the King's guard and made you her Beta," Alec laughed. "But that still wasn't enough luck for Owen Radacovick. Oh no no no.....My mother, that's right. My mother, not yours, went and got you a mate too! And it was the fucking Queen!"

Over Owen's shoulder, Mavi found Manya's eyes. The woman was in tears as her son continued to talk and hurl insults at his brother.

"And I," Alec turned around to face his mother. "I get nothing!"

"You have Avni," Owen said quickly. "You can have a family with her. You have a baby on the way."

Alec looked as if he was about to cry. Mavi's heart shattered and shrank all at the same time as Alec stumbled back.

"The baby is gone," he said quietly. "It's gone....it's dead"

"What?" Owen frowned. "Alec, what happened? Where is Avni?"

"She found her mate," Alec began to cry. "She lost the baby.....we went to the hospital.....the doctor. He was her mate."

Manya, who had no clue about Alec's baby, began to weep. Mavi rushed over to her and sat her down on the sofa. She looked over at Owen and wanted to cry herself. The pained look in his eyes from Alec's words were clear as the oceans.

"I get nothing, Owen," Alec said again, his voice defeated. "No mate, no kid, nothing.....everyone will always take your name when they remember our family."

Owen shook his head as he tried to console his younger brother. But Alec did not want to be touched.

"Fuck you, Owen Radacovick. Fuck you and your righteousness." Alec said before he stormed out of the house.  

Poor Alec :( 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.7K 36
It's the third book. The second book is Obsessions. First book is Forced Mating.
6K 411 32
Recommended reading the first two books. ALPHA LUNA It can be read as stand-alone if wanted though. (Some references may be confusing) *EDITING* Mia...
53.6K 1.9K 22
(Book Two) Aspen Diesel Luna and new mother to three Alpha triplets now has to face new challenges along with her mates Cam Chase and Paul Logan. Fac...
25K 1.5K 23
She's the daughter of an alpha. Her mother is the alpha. Her brother also wants the title. After four years of her brother being away he comes back c...