𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭 ➪ Q...

By giolibi

"𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗋 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅... 𝖤𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗈... More

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮
𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝
𝘼𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡
𝙈𝙖𝙮
𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚
𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩
𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧
𝙊𝙘𝙩𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧
𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧
𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧
✰ 𝖠𝖼𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌 ✰

𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙮

7.1K 184 1.2K
By giolibi

"𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧, 𝙞'𝙢 𝙖𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙬."

February 21st, 2021 EDIT; I found out Quackity is actually uncomfortable with NSFW and though I haven't seen any explicit video of him saying it, it is pretty commonly accepted to be that he doesn't like it. And for his sake and to respect his boundaries I have changed it around from the original chapter. Comments may no longer make any sense, and I'm sorry about that. Though yes I didn't remove every last thing ( innuendos ) the main lime part was changed. Love you guys but I did what I felt was necessary.

-

𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙮 1𝙨𝙩

"Do we have everything?" I asked, checking over everything before we left.

"Pretty sure... We're only staying there for like two days..." He mumbled to me, half asleep due to the fact it was about six in the morning. He wasn't accustomed to getting up this early, so I was going to be driving.

"Mhm, okay we're ready to go." I closed the trunk door of my little automobile and hopped into the driver's seat. Adjusting my chair, buckling myself in, checking my mirrors, and making sure Alex doesn't drool over himself before I started the car.

It was one of those where you wouldn't stick our keys into it, it was a nice round button. And if you know anything about buttons, they're so satisfying to press. Like, elevator buttons. Especially the ones in fancy hotels, they have a sort of spring to them. That when you press it's firm and almost bouncy if you get what I mean.

They're always so smooth to touch as well, accompanied by the little numbs on them and boom. Amazing button pressing experience.

Anyways, enough about pressing buttons.

I drove out of the hellish crowded parking lot of my dormitory and began to drive off, leaving campus grounds.

The night previous I had pirated all of our favourite songs and put them in a USB for our enjoyment. But it wasn't nearly half as fun when the person you would jam out with was fast asleep like a newborn baby.

He was cute when he slept, unfortunately for me though I could only take glances at his sleeping form. My attention was and should be directed to the road and only the road, it would be quite the thing if we crashed. A bad thing might I add as well.

I had the music turned down to one of its lowest points as well, it would usually help me pass the time but I didn't want to wake my poor macho man up.

I took a hand off the wheel and swooped in and took off his famous beanie, it was falling off anyway and at this rate, he was going to drool all over the poor thing. So I took it upon myself to take it away before it got to that point.

Or... I wanted to see his hair. Yeah, probably the second one. It was sad he never showed it, it's just been one of his quirks since he was a kid. From what I've heard at least from Mamá.

Never showed more than his neatly trimmed bangs, that she would cut for him.

She always said he cared a lot about it, wanting it to be perfect and never showing people afraid that it wasn't a hundred percent.

He used to get Mamá to get the nicest shampoos and conditioners for it, wanting to have nice silky hair. It's a shame not many people see it.

And with my one free hand, I reached over and ran my fingers through it. It was slightly damp and cold, he had taken a shower this morning but hadn't dried his hair properly.

I scoffed softly, he could get sick if he doesn't dry his hair properly. Alex, when he was sick, wasn't the best thing ever either.

He became so soft and loveable, always wanting to cuddle or wrap himself in quilts and blankets. He and I would drink gallons of orange juice, and we would get embarrassed when Mamá would ask me to rub the vapour rub on him.

I breathed out a small sigh, turning up the volume on the stereo. A classic travel song played, Come fly with me sung by none other than Frank Sinatra.

The song made me want to jump onto a plane and travel to God knows where, or... I should say anywhere.

"Come fly with me... Let's fly, let's fly away..." I mumbled the lyrics as the jazzy best continued, putting me in a happier mood.

I wish it was louder, but Alex came first.

I ruffled his soft mousy locks, getting them decently moist, even a little soapy. Had Alex showered properly?

I had taken my hand away to continue to steer, but a small whine came from the tired boy beside me. "Why'd you stop?" He chucked, sitting straight up as he did.

"Didn't know you were even awake, anyways you didn't wash your hair properly. Neither did you dry it properly either, you know you can get sick that way right?" He dismissed my worries, rubbing his eyes and humming along like he was paying attention. But then a hushed rumble came from Alex.

"Can we stop for breakfast or something? I didn't eat breakfast this morning."

"You didn't eat? Alex, common, you know better than that." I teased him, perturbed and worried for the endearing boy sitting beside me. "I know. if Mamá knew I wouldn't hear the end of it. But I had woken up a little later than I had hoped, it was either a shower or breakfast." A soft suspire fell off my lips, "we can get McDonald's." My defeated breath caused a victory-laugh from Alex, "Can I get a chicken nugget happy meal?"

I let out a soft snicker "shouldn't you eat a bit more than a happy meal? The portions they put in there are for children." He pondered for a moment, before declaring his final order. "Can I get a fries with it too?" "Alright, is that everything?" He let out a content hum as I turned into the drive-through.

"Hello thank you for choosing McDonald's, what can I get for you today?" A strong Southern tang had greeted me as I pulled up.

"Um, hello, could I please get a chicken nugget Happy Meal-"

"Sorry, we don't serve fries or Happy Meals before noon. But I'm happy to serve you anything off the breakfast menu." A mumbled groan came from Alex, "I'll get a muffin then." I told her, knowing Alex is just gonna tell me he doesn't want anything.

"We only have Fruit and Fibre muffins today, is that alright?" I hummed, it sounded half decent.

"Could I also get a medium coffee, two milk, two sugar? That should be all after that."

"Okay, so I have one Fruit and Fibre muffin and a medium coffee two milk two sugar. That'll be four twenty-five at the first window, thank you for choosing McDonald's." "No problem," I muttered under my breath, not moving a bit due to the fact there were a couple of cars in front of me.

"I can't believe McDonald's doesn't serve fries before noon, don't they have hashbrowns all day? It's foolish, a hashbrown is essentially a thick fry!" He ranted on as if he was four, he was cranky from the lack of anything to eat. I chuckled a little, "Alex relax, in a couple of hours, we can get a Happy Meal. Just be patient, how about heading back to sleep? It's a long drive you know." A while came from him, "I'm not tired though... But wait, hey my hat!" He snatched the hat from my side and back on top of his messy brunette curls.

"I can't believe you took it off... What if someone saw me, what if a fan saw me?" He muttered, quite upset actually. Stretching the fabric to cover the majority off his head.

"It's not like you have anything to hide." A small laugh left my lips as he made up his face. A scruffy annoyed expression but he was trying so hard it lost its purpose. "What about my integrity? I've already shown my feet on stream, I can't show what makes people most invested."

He seemed genuinely upset, letting out a breath off disappointment as he crossed his arms leaning back into his chair. "You know Alex, I don't think everyone watches you just cause they wanna find out what's under your hat.

I feel that detail is minor in comparison to something as big as how you act on stream. Though it provides an inside joke, you didn't build your career of it-"

I looked over to him, and he was fast asleep. In the same position, his hat slowly falling off as he slouched in his chair. Soft snores to be echoed through the small area we occupied.

"A real debonair guy hm? Listening to everything I have to say." I chuckled with myself, watching the person in front of me finally drive off.

"Medium two milk two sugar and a fruit and fibre muffin?" I handed her the amount due as she smiled and signalled me to move ahead.

I came up to the second window, a smiling dude stood there. "Here you are, your coffee and muffin." "Ah, thank you." Our hands brushed on accident as I took the things from him.

Things grew uneasy, as he gave a large grin for a lengthy period.

"Erm, thanks have a nice day." And I began to drive off, cutting into the mildly busy streets with no issue. To then drive a couple of meters to reach a highway exit.

I took a sip of my coffee, the bittersweet taste covering my tongue, a nostalgic dripping tune began to play itself on the stereo.

When I was your man, by none other than Bruno Mars. One of our mutual shared favourite artists, his singing has always had a special feeling to it. Mostly because Mamá would play his music around the house, and that his voice was stunning.

She and I would sing along when we did our chores, why Alex never sang along I didn't know. I guess he wasn't as keen on him as Mamá and I were.

I took a glance in his direction, he was smudging his face with his beanie while covering his ears. "I hate this song..." His tired whine was murmured but I could still manage to make it out. So he didn't like it huh?

"Okay, okay sorry." I messed with the back off my steering wheel, there were so many knobs and buttons it took a little bit before I could find the mute one.

"Thank God..." I gazed at him with the corner of my eyes, he removed the hat from his face and his eyes were... A puffy red. Was he crying? "Alex, what's going on? What's troubling you?" He's been annoyed all morning, I initially joked around about it but now I was worried. "It's just... ugh, I'm gonna sound so stupid... Last night I had a bad dream, it could maybe even be considered a nightmare..." I small chuckle escaped my lips, "you didn't try calling me?" "It was late, I knew you were driving today and I wasn't in to keep you up at four in the morning."

I reached my hand over, holding it open expectantly and to my delight... He took it. "Wanna tell me what exactly the dream was?" He stayed quiet a couple of moments before he exhaled a soft sigh. "I had a dream, that you left me again. It felt so real, my heart physically aches when I remember it."

He clutched onto his shirt, the grip on my hand tightening as well. "I know we're trying to make this work, it'll be harder now too since we're returning to the thing we despised for forever... Long-distance."

My thoughts drifted as I thought of what that'd be like, I'd only done it once before and we all knew how that turned out. We weren't people who could have a purely electronic relationship.

We needed presence, the feeling of touch the ability to dance... Things that we needed for us to stay in a strong relationship. It's just how it's always been between us two.

I small smile graced my face, "we'll make it work. Alex, I promise you I'll try and make it work. For you."

I gave his hand a tight squeeze, "we're in this together alright?" He let out a breath of relief, "yeah."

-

I fluttered open my tired eyes, a small yawn left my lips as I sat up and straightened my back. "Did you sleep well?" A nostalgic cheerful voice inquired as I stretched out my arms. "Mhm, yeah I did. Thanks for offering to drive Alex I needed that nap a lot." "No problem Hermosa gotta make sure my Enana is ready for tonight."

A deep blush flourished my face, my mind travelling to places I desperately didn't want to visit. Alex seemed to notice the sudden pigmentation and it transferred to him too. "Hey, that's not what I meant..." It felt as if my heart was pounding inside my throat, I was so embarrassed. "Um, yeah. Sorry, I-... I thought of something else... Haha..." "Yeah, I realize that..."

The air turned awkward, neither of us had ever thought of doing something like that. Our relationship remained always incredibly innocent, surprisingly. We hadn't ever really talked about it, not caring to do such... Activities.

My face kept a stiff smile, my eyes directed outside as I wouldn't dare look him in the eye. "When are we planning on doing that?" He spoke, which caused me to cover my face with my hands. "Alex, please, I feel like I'm gonna curl inside myself." "

"I don't wanna force you to do anything, just purely curious. I want to be open about everything to you. This is the only thing we don't discuss with each other." I peeked out from under my hands, taking a look at Alex. "I mean, I guess it's cause we started this relationship when we were practically kids. It feels... Weird to think about it. Especially after all those talks Mamá would give us to never do it before marriage. I guess if you drill it into someone's head enough they believe it. I'm not opposed to the idea, it's just... embarrassing to think about."

A small giggle came from him, "we were so embarrassed those times, but if you want to wait there's so rush. If we were to do something like that I want to make sure you're comfortable." My lips curled into a grin, "you know Alex, I appreciate it a lot. Not a lot of guys show that kind of respect you know. Thank you." "The fact you're thanking me almost disgusts me, is it so uncommon that you thank me for treating you like a human being?"

"Keep in mind I also don't talk to too many people let alone guys, so the only ones I talk to are the drunken frat guys that come up to me during parties I most definitely never want to be at." He scoffed, "if you don't like them why do you keep going?" "You're overestimating how often I attend those kinds of events, once in a blue moon at best. At my most, around two or three college parties a year. Usually New Years', and maybe Christmas. Those are all because of Audrey." "So, Audrey's the reason you find yourself talking to shitty guys? And the reason you found yourself in that compromising position from when we re-met at the New Years' Party?"

"Well, yeah but... She means good, she only knows how to party every weekend so she tries using it on me in hopes it'll work. But, look at it this way, she's the reason we're together. If it wasn't for her doing her usual Audrey thing and passing out drunk, I wouldn't have stayed and... The rest is history. I guess the butterfly effect is real then, huh." "What is that exactly?" He questioned, to which I was happy to respond.

"It's a theory that every small action, even that of a butterfly flap can have dramatic changes to our future. Like, take this into perspective... When I moved into that dorm, two to three years ago... I wanted to change almost immediately cause of her. To be honest, I wasn't accustomed to her outspoken and eccentric nature. Studying was difficult and I was afraid she would distract me from doing my work for the rest of my university life. So I was about to lose it until she told me about her childhood.

How she moved around a lot and never really made any friends and now she hoped to have all the friends she never got to. And after that moment of vulnerability between us, I never regret not calling. Sure, she could be difficult to manage at times and almost unbearable... She cares for me as do I for her. My point is anyways, imagine if she never opened up to me? I called, moved and who knows what would've happened at that point." He hummed, listening along.

"It's stressful at least in my opinion to think that any small choice can mess up everything for me, even something as simple as accidentally stepping on an ant. I like to think of the idea of soulmates, that everything happens for a reason and that if two people were meant to be together no matter what you do you'll end up with them. Just like Doris Day once sang, 'Que sera sera', whatever will be will be. No matter what you do you can't change fate." "But don't you think that's pretty depressing in of itself? No matter what you do even if you have the most horrific fate in history you can't change that?"

"I imagine that people get what they deserve, you reap what you sow is what my Abuelo used to tell me."

"I guess, whichever lens you look through, it's depressing." He hummed along, "but, what are you going to do? I guess we'll never find out which one's truly true." "That's one of the beauties of life I guess. The thought that our entire lives mean nothing more than a silly plotline or as secondary characters to some whiny hero.

I don't remember a lot of my grandmother since she passed when I was younger, but one thing I do remember her saying was that her biggest fear was if everything was fake. That she was alone. So as a kid I remembered those last days of just sitting beside her, comforting her by her death bed.

The day she died she cried to me Alex, she cried not wanting this to be the end. She was afraid of a stories' close, the end...

The last thing she said to me, was to live to the fullest. And that she wished she never had my father and married someone she truly loved. She didn't go with the cliché, 'I love you'. Though it would've been nice to hear, I guess I'll never hear her say those words, ever." I muttered out, head down as I spoke bearing a sombre tone.

"... I'm sorry, honestly. That was, a lot to process." I gave a light pat to his shoulders, "it's not a problem, sorry for rambling and dampening the mood honestly this is a chat for another time." "I'm surprised you never told me, honestly. I'm happy you feel close enough to me to talk about it."

"Alex, I've always felt this close to you. I honestly just never came up, it didn't trouble me in any real way." "I don't know what I'd do if I was you..." He sighed, reaching over and grasping my hand.

His hand had become dried out slightly from the last time, I used my thumb to feel his mildly flaky skin. "Is driving drying out your hands this much?" "I guess so, I'm not exactly used to driving for this long you know. So suffer from my drying hand." A cheeky grin framed his face as she kept his eyes on the road.

But luckily for him, I had a moisturizer in the glove compartment, so I opened it up and saw the squirt bottle. Pushing down with my thumb the cool cream dollop into my fingers.

For a minute I let go of his sandpaper-like hand, rubbing the pure white substance into my palms I took hold once more of Alex's and massaged the solution into his skin. Lovingly taking a firm grip on his skin, mushing our hands together and moving my thumbs in a circular motion. Making sure I moisturize every knuckle and crevasse.

"They're all done, I don't expect to be able to get to the other hand but hey, one beautiful hand is better than no beautiful hand." A small laugh came from him as he murmured something under his breath and took back his other hand to take hold of the wheel.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear that you'll have to say it again." He smiled and waved me off, "it's nothing, anyways... We're almost there. I think...?"

He spoke, changing the subject and playing it off as if it was nothing. Which if it was nothing he would have told me.

Maybe it was because I was growing restless in here, but as god as my witness, I was going to figure out what he said for the sake of my curiosity.

-

"Ah, nothing is better than the smell of fresh sheets of a clean hotel room." Alex sighed flinging himself onto the bed. But, my god what kind of motive did my parents have.

They had booked us a honeymoon sweet, and that meant one bed. Sure Alex and I had shared a bed before, it was just that was years ago. Plus we were children, so in my book, it doesn't count as much.

In a tired sigh, I sat onto the velvet-like desk chair, getting out of the car after a long drive never felt so good.

I placed my bags where I sat previously and entered the huge golden-like bathroom, accompanied by windows that showed the city, thankfully with blinds.

It had a stubble smell of roses and it seemed as if the counters were made of marble, we were truly getting the upper-class treatment.

I had never gotten this nice of a hotel before when visiting my parents, I guess this is one of their ways of apologizing.

"Hey Alex, I'm gonna shower okay? Be out in about an hour." I didn't hear anything from him but figured I didn't hear his quiet hums. Removing my clothes out of my suitcase, my eyes glossed over a certain dress. When leaving, I actually ran into the ever-so-famous Ming-Li and she was just as sweet as ever, taking me back to her place. Actually giving me another dress to my protests about not paying her back, she would laugh off my desperate attempts to give her money as she gave a large smile.

"No, no. You in love, you take, you take!"

She was always so generous, but when I refused to take the dress she begrudgingly took a little bit of money. Though not as much as I would've hoped, it was still a victory in my opinion. And actually taking the dress out, it was breathtaking. A completely black dress with delicate lace tying it all together making it a completely elegant evening gown, I was actually really excited to think of what Alex would think. It made my cheeks burn just thinking about it.

I actually really hopped it fit.

-

I stepped out of the shower, towel hugging my damp body as the cold air nipped at my bare skin. It made me shiver but as I dried myself off I slipped on my undergarments and tried on the almost vintage-styled dress. Though it was proving difficult due to the fact there was a ribbon meant to be tied around my waist, I wasn't exactly the best at tying bows behind me so I called out. "Alex!"

"Yeah?" He called back, "could you come here please?" "In the bathroom?" I could hear his voice grow closer until it sounded as if he was exactly behind it. "Yes, please come inside." I urged, while all at the same time trying not to get my damp hair drip all over the beautiful lace. And I could hear him hesitate through the other side, I made sure it was already unlocked as he opened the door eyes completely shut. I giggled a little, "you can open your eyes, Alex, I'm clothed." He let out a sigh of relief sheepishly opening his eyes, and then they suddenly went wide.

"This is..." He looked me over, seeming to be absolutely jaw-dropped at the dress. Another thank you I'd have to tell the ever so amazing seamstress. "You think you can help me tie up the back?" I questioned, while he still stood there with his mouth completely agape. He came over behind me to do as I asked but I could see his rosy cheeks reflected in the mirror in front of us. "It's beautiful on you." He murmured out, looking up to see the both of us reflected back. I grinned seeing how the dress shaped my body beautifully. "Where did you get it?" He questioned, seeming to be unable to take his eyes off me. "You remember the Chinese woman who used to have a store in the mall near my dorms?" I spoke, looking into his deep dirt-coloured eyes through the mirror. My heart burning up as I felt beautiful, as he spoke dropping his smile just a little. "The same woman who made the dress you wore to the party, I know. The same one I..." He stopped himself, biting the inside of his cheek in shame. I turned around to actually face him.

The memory of that instant burning pain from my heart after I heard why h had to say, how invalidated I felt... All packaged into a couple sentances, I felt like the world had crumbled and fallen atop of me...

The one person I truly felt closest to ever had betrayed me, in cold blood at that. At that moment, I knew true pain. Not so much physically, but emotionally it took a toll.

I felt like... Julius Caesar, when he realized someone who he pardoned from death... Took advice from and appreciated like his own son plotted on murdering him. That realization, hurts. There's a reason Dante has Brutus in the center of hell to be chewed up for all eternity.

He committed what I thought to be one of the biggest sins of all, treason.

Alex's face saddened, he brought a hand slowly and carefully up to my cheek. Caressing the one he hit, with love and admiration but most importantly... Sorrow. I looked back up at him holding his hand with one of him,

"I'm so sorry, I've apologized before but what I did... I can't believe I'd do something like that to you." I smiled up at him, "you know I've already forgiven you Alex. I don't want this to ruin the mood, fights happen you know... And yeah, you messed up. But you're sorry, you've made up and learned from your mistakes. Besides, if it wasn't for you I probably would have never met one of the nicest people." He raised a brow, "And who is that?" My grin widened as I said her name, "Ming-Li, she's the dressmaker and gave the original dress for free. "

His eyes widened, "what? Really... How you haggle so well amazes me constantly." I winked, "I insisted on giving her a little something but she said no, though I did manage to pay for this one I underpaid immensely. I should find out where she relocated, I actually forgot to ask, we should bring her something nice."

"Agreed, you're really beautiful you know Hermosa?" He chuckled, moving a lock of damp hair away from my face and carefully placing it behind my ear. The way he looked at me, made me feel more loved than I had ever felt from anyone else. The way his arms loosely wrapped around my waist, swaying me back and forth as he told me the most charming things. "You only tell me every day Alex, and I love you for it." I let out a light giggle, allowing one of his hands to be guided up to my face once again. He held a gentle grip on my face, firm enough to keep it in place but gentle enough that if I ever wanted to leave I could easily break away.

"When did I get so lucky?" He murmured out with a half-lidded while I grinned up at him. "I could say the same you know." "I... Y/n." He breathed out, as he moved closer and knelt down a little, I could feel his warm breath tickle my lips as he asked gently. "Can I...?" I hummed with a smile, finished the job for him and kissing him feeling my cheeks burn. And when we separated, slight dots of tears gathered at the brim of his eyes, "I can't believe I ever hurt you. I'm so, so sorry. I'm so stupid I...-" His voice started to sound strained, but I kept my grin while gently placing my forehead against his. "Alex I accept your apology, and yeah it was... Pretty stupid." I let out a light chuckle, trying to lighten the air while I wiped his tears. "But you've gotten better, you've learned and grown from your mistakes. As long as you don't do it again it's alright." He sniffled, to then make our hug tighter. "Thinking of how I almost lost you forever, makes me feel so helpless. I'll never let it happen again, I promise." He held a death grip on me, as if the minute he would let me go I'd leave. But I held onto him just as tight, continuing to assure him while I waited patiently for him to calm down. "I believe you, I love you, Alex." I rubbed circles into his back while he whispered to me. "I love you too, I love you so very much Y/n."

-

So many people turned up today it was unbelievable considering how hot out it was, the sun was on the verge of starting to set as everyone was enjoying the setup festivities. The crowd was a little pushy, as I found it difficult walking alongside Alex as we kept getting separated. So we ended up holding on to one another as we tried to maneuver through the waves of people. We were so naive, we were already late to meet up with my parents from when we left but we thought we could pop through the crowd to pick up street food while trying to get there. A grave mistake.

We never managed to get to the stand we wanted and instead tried to get out of the vast sea of individuals either trying to do the same as us, trying to escape, or trying to get to their favourite stand in hopes of tasting. Even to the people who got to the place they wanted long lines were there and it made trying to enjoy any of it seem impossible. Except for the people who came insanely early and were just staying for the fireworks and had already eaten. Those were the lucky ones.

But somehow, Alex and I managed to break free and make it out of the busiest part of the crowd, to the lesser part of the festival where it was so much easier to breathe and move. We took our opportunity and bolted for one of the towering high-rise buildings. Entering through the one we were supposed to be inside of half an hour ago, we panted a little for a couple of moments. Looking at each other as if we've just been through hell.

And once we caught our breath, we made it up to the receptionist who gave us a weird look. This was a high-class party we were going to, and we didn't exactly act as such. "Um, hello I'm Y/n L/n, I'm late to a party that's started around half an hour ago." She raised a brow, "can I please have some form of identification? And who's he?" I took out my purse, rummaging through my wallet a little I found my driver's licence. I handed it to her as she checked through her computer, "alright Ms. L/n, here's your keycard for the elevator, but before I let you go who's with you?" "Oh, this is my boyfriend, is there a problem? I was told I was allowed a plus one." She hummed and continued to type away, "there's so issue. For legal reasons I have to ask, we can't allow just anyone in here." She handed me the keycard as I smiled and wished her a good day.

Alex and I stepped into the elevator, the soft tune echoing through it as I pressed the button for the thirty-fifth floor. There was a window inside, so we watched as it brought us up the floors. The buzzing festival and hoards of people becoming so small and hard to see. I gave a glance to Alex, who was busy looking at the cityscape below. I blushed, remembering events that had transpired less than an hour beforehand.

I noticed Alex with a bit of a frown as I looked up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder with a reassuring smile. "Hey, you okay?" I smiled and looked up to him, "yeah it's just... I cried in front of you and everything. I still... I still am ashamed of what I did. I don't care if it was months ago just the fact it happened disgusts me." He looked away, a shameful look plastered all over his face. But just as always I continued to tell him, "it's alright Alex. I know you feel bad, but we can't change the past." He looked back at me, "I know but still... Your parents are there, you said your brother would be too... I'm just nervous and, afraid, what if they ask why you fell off during February? What would they think of me, I don't want them to try and force us apart again." He was all jittery, unusually nervous, it wasn't like him to overthink this much. I wondered if that was really the only thing on his mind. "They won't, even if they do they don't have to know. Don't worry about it Alex, I'll make sure it doesn't happen." He gave me a soft grin, small but still there as he bent down and kissed my forehead. "Thank you."

The ding of the elevator signalled we had arrived, we turned around and entered into quite a large dining room. With the majority of people sitting looking to be people around my parent's age as they sat with elegance and prestige, even glaring at people who they saw not hold their cup just right.

It's a tough crowd to blend into since their things are primarily looking and acting like the best, even if some of them weren't if you can pull the confidence out then you can trick the grand majority of people. Making sure you fake people into thinking you're higher than you are is essential to making deals and securing alliances between companies. The problem is, you never know who the real highest guy is. Could be you could be anyone since everyone is faking it the one who might seem to be the least significant might be the highest.

In short, these parties are a mind game and a betting game, you could throw all your eggs in one based and turn out it helps out a lot or you didn't make as much as you hoped.

Why do I come to these places? My parents mostly, just purely to see them since this is one of the only times I can.

And as I walked by tables, I held my head high in a pout, paying no mind to the looks I was getting for coming late. But the key to it all, as acting like you don't care and that their opinions don't matter to you. And thankfully, it wasn't an act. I truly didn't care.

I made it to my family's table, and for once... My older brother was here. Just as posh as I had last seen him, he was the heir to the company I couldn't care less about. Though I always felt bad for him, he didn't want it either but he was always the one to give in first so it ended up being passed to him definitively.

I let the act go as I took a seat beside my mother around the round table, Alex beside me as he's forced beside my brother. Who he's only met... once? I believed. My brother had already moved out by the time we moved to Mexico but I think he visited me once when he was in the area and that was that.

There were huge windows on either side of the wall, I believed both would serve to have a beautiful view of the fireworks show that would occur.

"Y/n, I had heard of what happened. Have you been eating alright?" Orpheus had asked, pushing up his glasses as he took another sip of his wine. He was referring to the incident where my parents decided to visit and all hell ensued. "Yeah, I am thanks to Alex. I owe him a lot you know, he called the ambulance when I needed him. I don't know what I'd do without him." I smiled as I squeezed his hand from under the chair.

My brother raised a brow, "aren't you that one twitch streamer?" "uh yeah, haha." My brother eyed him, but then relaxed, "why do you never take off that hat of yours?" Orpheus seemed to take without a condescending tone, thank god. He seemed rather, interested actually. And Alex calmed down as well from his worried state as the two of them began to converse like old friends. Never would I have thought my brother would be a fan of him, it almost made me laugh.

"He's been treating you well? Right, dear?" My mother asked, her tone still sharp and stern but with almost a sense of delicacy to it. She was being more careful with how when spoke to me and I appreciated that a lot, but it still had her signature harshness to her. It was just who she was.

"Yes, really well actually. He's been a great friend and companion. He cares a lot about me and it does show." I grinned and smiled toward him, as he broke off the conversation to give me a reassuring smile as well. "I'm glad you've found someone who makes you happy Y/n, though I'm sure I could've found someone just as good from a rich family..." She muttered the last part, she still was herself. Still wishing I could marry an heir to another company, that's how my mother and father met and they've been an overall incredibly happy couple. But I've always been against it, never finding someone I could bond well with. Especially after I met Alex, never before had I been so close to someone, had that kind of connection. It was so special... something I couldn't get enough of and I loved it.

And soon, the dinner rolled out. Expensive looking and tasting food had graced our plates as we all chatted with one another, for once a family dinner was pleasant. but, to be fair we've had fewer family dinners together than I can count fingers. Always at least one of us missing.

And then, these fancy desserts came out as a comedian came up for a little while. At this point in the party, once people finish the sickeningly small portion of dessert people start getting up to chat amongst themselves for the real main course. Dealmaking.

But as my mother and father left to do the rich people's equivalent to haggling, my brother stays to chat to both of us, mostly Alex, in the meantime. But he too ended up leaving, to find his fiancé that he was betrothed to. Who coincidentally enough, was named Eurydice.

And so, Alex and I were left alone to pull up two seats and await for the firework show to start. I let out a small sigh, "you enjoy chatting to Orpheus?" He smiled, "Yeah, but you know I love talking to you most." He smiled, reaching over and grabbing hold of my hand.

"You remember eleventh grade right?" "Yeah, how could I forget?" I laughed, "why?" "Well, haha... There was this one day, in particular, it was hot-" "When was it not hot in Mexico?" I interrupted with a laugh. "True, but on this day we had nothing to do honestly. We mindlessly watched TV until Mamá forced us to go outside."

"I didn't say anything weird did I?" I laughed, not sure where he was going with this. He laughed too, but in a reminiscing kind of state. "On that day, we promised each other this...

That we'd travel the world together. And we decided on one place to start that journey." I smiled, my memory being jogged as I remembered it could only be one place.

"Barcelona" we spoke together, smiling as our eyes left from the city to meet each others'.

"And so... I'm sure you've noticed how nervous I've been tonight..." "Did you...?" My question immediately being answered by a large smile as I knew that was it. "Not just to Barcelona, but I found out travelling around Europe was a lot cheaper than I thought. So, starting next month we're starting a trip to travel around the whole of Europe. The only thing left to ask is... Do you wanna come? I sorta already bought the tickets for two so..." He smiled expectantly of me, but there was only one thing I could answer with.

I smiled in glee as I couldn't even make out the word, yes, I just jumped onto him in pure cheer. I was so happy to be able to do this with him "the short answer to the question? Yes."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 425 25
IN WHICH two ex-lovers find themselves in an avoidable situation and yet they don't have the heart to escape it. OR IN WHICH quackity finds himself b...
25.5K 319 23
- promises ' by xnevfx - about: y/n moves to another city and goes to a college where she meet the streamer she have been watching on the internet...
659K 18.4K 63
Two epic gamers, two of her closest friends, both with feelings for her. How will she overcome this challenge, how will she choose? Letting things p...
31.3K 906 15
𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎 𝙎𝙋𝙊𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝙏𝙊 𝙍𝙀𝘾𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙈 𝙎𝙈𝙋 𝙇𝙊𝙍𝙀 Quackity was now left alone. His love life was crumbling before his ey...