Her Savior (Book Two Of The B...

By JovinaN

Aria Nightingale is a girl with a monster in her closet. A monster that threatened the only thing she had lef... More

Trigger Warning
1-A Night's Silence
2-The Meeting
3-Run
4-Caught in the Act
5-Raven
6-Dinner
7-Good-Byes
8-Aria's Tears
9-The Prettiest Blush
10-Violence, Anger, & A Puppy
11-The Storm
12-Seal It with A Kiss
14-Protect Them
15-Flowers and Scalpels
16-Fight
17-The Big Bad Wolf
18-The Plan
19-Thank You
20-Despair
21-Revealed
22-Friends
23-Healing
24-Quality Time
25-Taunted
26-Christmas
27-Flatline
28-This is
Epilogue

13-Hush

966 41 4
By JovinaN

13-Hush

Aria quickly grabbed what little items she had and put her, now clean, jeans from Friday on, having no choice but to keep on Xepher's black t-shirt as the jackets she'd been wearing were destroyed.

"Aria, you can't go, it's not safe." Xepher said, trying to grip her arm. She pulled away from him, even as she wished she didn't. She wanted to go back to where they were a few moments prior to her whole world being ripped from under her. She'd finally found someone who respected her boundaries, that cared for her, that protected rather than hurt and violated her, and Daniel was taking it away. He really was a twisted bastard.

"Aria, don't worry about me, I can handle him." She shook her head. He'd told her too many times the ways he would hurt her mother. He even laughed. He was sick, and every time she disobeyed him, she risked hurting her mother. She couldn't risk Xepher too. Damnit, she cursed herself silently, she should've just kept her distance, then Daniel would have never put Xepher on his radar. She felt tears surface and nearly choked back a sob. She could never forgive herself if she let Xepher get hurt.

Aria made her way out of Xepher's room, through the kitchen where they'd cooked breakfast together, through the living room where they cuddled in the cold while watching horror films. She committed every moment to memory, knowing that it would most likely be the last time she could have something so wonderful. When she got into that car, she shook her head, she really didn't want to think of what would happen. She'd never disobeyed Daniel so much, had never made him so angry.

When she reached for the front door's handle and tried to open it, it slammed shut hard. She looked up to find Xepher's strong arm shaking as he held the door shut. She closed her eyes tightly. She couldn't look at him. She knew she would cave in her decisions if she did. She couldn't allow that to happen. Her body froze entirely when he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Aria, please." His voice cracked. Even with the beatings, the abuse, and all the pain she felt, Aria didn't think she'd hurt this much before. She took a deep breath and reached up, unhooking the necklace from her body. Without looking at him she tried to hang it over his arm, trying to cut him off entirely. He didn't need to know how hard this was for her. His other hand caught hers and he quickly shoved the necklace in her front right pocket.

"Don't you dare Aria. Keep it, forever. It's yours. If you can't keep it on around him, don't, but promise me. Promise you'll where it when I see you. You're still my girl. Promise me!" He said through gritted teeth. She nodded, caving slightly. She could do that. He seemed to let out a breath as he backed up.

"I will have Raven send you my number, I know you have each other's. When you're ready, call." He said. She nodded once more, before opening the door, the bitter cold biting into her fragile body. This weekend had allowed her to heal quite a bit, but that meant nothing now. She knew she would be right back to where she was before she got to Xepher's. She heard a yip behind her, knowing Blu was trying to run to her. It took every ounce of willpower not to turn around when she saw the, all too familiar, sedan parked on the side of the road. The sidewalks were full of dirty snow that had been plowed to clear said road. She looked into the vehicle to see Daniel staring at her. He was fuming, but to others he would look like an upset father figure. Bull, Aria thought as she opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. She risked a look up to Xepher, but didn't get single glimpse as Daniel sped off. She kept her gaze focused out the window.

They hadn't gotten through the block before she felt his hand wrap into her hair. She winced at the sudden pain but ignored it as he forced her to look him in the eyes. His blue eyes raged as he flicked his gaze between her and the road. Xepher was shockingly close to her, a few blocks difference really and it was an odd relief. Daniel smiled then and Aria knew things would indeed get much worse. He kept his painful grip on her as he drove, his hand shaking as he didn't speak. Aria wanted to smile as her hand pressed into the necklace in her pocket, the memories of Xepher's kiss on her lips.

She didn't get to reminisce for long as they pulled into the house garage. Instead of letting her go and getting out, once the garage was closed, Daniel got out, pulling Aria painfully over the middle console and out the driver door. He slammed it hard, her fingers almost getting caught in the process. He dragged her through the door that separated the garage and house and finally flung her from his grip into the living room. She stood tall and faced him. They stood face to face, his smile a mix between insanity and rage.

"I told you if you left, you'd regret it." Was all he said as his hand came down on her face hard. Her head snapped to the side, but she stood tall, bringing her head back up to him. He gripped her chin painfully tight and forced their eyes to meet once more. "You think I didn't see how that boy looked at you at dinner? Think I have no idea what's been going on? Poor Aria, you should know by now, I am not stupid." Her eyes widened. He laughed again before leaning down to whisper into her ear.

"Your mine. Only mine. Do you understand?" He gripped her jaw even harder causing her to pull away from him. Her mind went to the necklace in her pocket. No, I am not yours! Without thinking she pushed him away.

"No!" She cried out, her voice strong, shocking both of them into silence. Goodness, she hadn't heard herself speak out like that in years. It felt good.

Daniel seemed to recuperate from his shock rather quickly as his eyes shifted between lust and anger. He tsked at her.

"Aria, darling, how sweet it is to hear such a grown voice come from you. Too bad it isn't what I should be hearing." He approached her and Aria tensed, preparing herself. She backed up, freezing when her legs hit the back of the couch. She was trapped as he reached up and gripped her throat tightly.

"Whose are you then, huh? That boy? He'll never be half the man I am. I am who you're meant to be with. I've always known that, that's why I've tried to show you how to be the perfect woman. I've put so much effort into making you the perfect wife. Why haven't you seen that yet?" He snarled into her face. Aria realized then that, yes, he was sick, but truly was messed up in his head. He believed that they were meant to be together. That she was the one in the wrong. She wanted to nearly feel sorry for him, but she knew she could never. No matter what was wrong in his mind, she would never forgive or forget the things he'd done. The threats, the violations, the abuse. None of it could be forgiven.

Aria lifted her leg and planted it into Daniel's stomach and forced him away from her. He looked at her in pure shock, but she ignored that look. Yes, maybe she was Xepher's girl, but she stood tall as she spoke.

"I am no one's. I am me; no one owns me but myself." She said, looking him in the eyes. By the look in his eyes now, she knew she'd said the wrong thing.

"No! You are mine!" He screamed before he leapt at her. She didn't have time to react as he gripped her throat once more. He turned them and slammed her into the wall. The air left her lungs painfully as he pulled her back and slammed her into the wall over and over.

"Mine. Mine. Mine." He muttered with each strike of her back into the wall. Pain flooded her body, the wound on her side slowly ripping open with each impact. After the sixth or seventh hit Aria's legs caved in and she fell from his grip onto the ground. It took every ounce of her willpower not to pass out in that moment. Daniel leaned over her, his hands gently caressing her cheek.

"That boy has poisoned you. I'll get rid of him. Your mother, we'll take care of her in time. Then we can be together." That snapped her out of her daze as Daniel stood. She reached up and gripped his hand. He froze and turned back to her, his eyes surprised. She couldn't let him hurt either Xepher or her mother. She couldn't.

"No, don't." His eyes filled with rage again as he gripped her throat, cutting off most of her air supply.

"You still want to defend him?" He raged. Aria felt the tears in her eyes as she thought of the people she loved being hurt. Her brain froze. People that she loved? Plural? Oh God, she thought as she realized she'd already fallen for him. She needed to protect him.

"No, please. I-I will do whatever you want." She squealed out, trying to push through his grip on her throat. His eyes narrowed at her as he scoffed. He turned away, mumbling to himself.

"Its just a crush, puppy love. She's still young." He turned back to her abruptly, causing her to jump.

"Fine, I guess I can leave him alone." Aria sighed in relief but froze when his grip tightened and he pulled her closer to him, their faces only inches apart.

"But you are not allowed to go anywhere near him, actually, I'd prefer if for now you go back to being silent." He said, cupping her cheeks in his hands.

"Bu-" He cut her off, pressing his lips to hers and she had to hold her gag back.

"Hush." He muttered to her, "For now, until I know you are ready, you are to be quiet, or they're dead. Understood?" He said. She nodded vehemently, even as tears threatened to pour over then. He seemed satisfied with that as he stood and began walking away. He paused in the doorway.

"And throw out that shirt, I don't like seeing it on you." Aria merely nodded again, her limbs shaking as she stood, her back screaming in agony. She looked at the wall to find an indent the size of her body in the drywall. When she reached her room, she closed the door and fell onto her bed, the adrenaline wearing off finally. The tears came then, and this time, she let them pour over her cheeks, soaking her pillow. The world was so cruel. The moment she had grasped happiness, it was ripped away from her, painfully. What was she to do now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.6K 194
!Book two out of four! Aria Blackwood also know as Caleb Blackwoods princess run the strongest Mafia called the Black Widows in America. Throughout...
2.5K 30 5
š“š”šžš²'š«šž š¬š®š©š©šØš¬šžš š­šØ š„š¢šÆšž š”ššš©š©š¢š„š² šžšÆšžš« šššŸš­šžš«... š›š®š­ šØš§šž š¦š¢š¬šœššš„šœš®š„ššš­š¢šØš§ š«š¢š©š¬ š¢š­ ššš„š„ š­...
497K 14.8K 53
17 year old Hope moves to Massachusetts when her Dad takes a job at Harvard University. she never expected the attraction she feels toward her new En...
17.2K 982 24
{Completed āœ”ļøŽ} Ariana is a nurse who thought she knew what she was getting herself into. Turns out she didn't know who her patient was until it was A...