The Fifth Element

By Sammmy134

In Elemental magic you can be one of four magic types; water, fire, earth, and air. The only problem is Viole... More

♤Chapter 1
♢Chapter 2
♧Chapter 3
♡Chapter 4
♤Chapter 5
♢Chapter 6
♧Chapter 7
♡Chapter 8
♤Chapter 9
♢Chapter 10
♧Chapter 11
♡Chapter 12
♤Chapter 13
♢Chapter 14
♧Chapter 15
♡Chapter 16
♤Chapter 17
♢Chapter 18
♧Chapter 19
♡Chapter 20
♤Chapter 21
♢Chapter 22
♧Chapter 23
♡Chapter 24
♤Chapter 25
♢Chapter 26
♧Chapter 27
I want to Know About You
♡Chapter 28
♤Chapter 29
♢Chapter 30
♧Chapter 31
♧Chapter 32
♢Chapter 33
♤Chapter 34
♢Chapter 35
♡Chapter 36
♤Chapter 37
Epilogue
Prologue Part 2
Part 2 Chapter 2
Part 2 Chapter 3
Part 2 Chapter 4
Part 2 Chapter 5
Part 2 Chapter 6
Part 2 Chapter 7
Part 2 Chapter 8
Part 2 Chapter 9
Part 2 Chapter 10
Part 2 Chapter 11
Part 2 Chapter 12
Part 2 Chapter 13
Part 2 Chapter 14
Part 2 Chapter 15
Part 2 Chapter 16
Part 2 Chapter 17
Part 2 Chapter 18
Part 2 Chapter 19
Part 2 Chapter 20
Your Million Reads Choice
Part 2 Chapter 21
Part 2 Chapter 22
Part 2 Chapter 23
Part 2 Chapter 24
Part 2 Chapter 25
Part 2 Chapter 26
Part 2 Chapter 27
Author's Note
Part 2 Chapter 28
Part 2 Chapter 29
Part 2 Chapter 30
Part 2 Chapter 31
Part 2 Chapter 32
Part 2 Chapter 33
Part 2 Chapter 34
Part 2 Chapter 35
Part 2 Chapter 36
Part 2 Chapter 37
Part 2 Chapter 38
Part 2 Chapter 39
Part 2 Chapter 40
Part 2 Chapter 41
Part 2 Chapter 42
Part 2 Chapter 43
Part 2 Chapter 44
Part 2 Chapter 45
Part 2 Chapter 46
Part 2 Chapter 47
Part 2 Chapter 48
Part 2 Chapter 49
Part 2 Chapter 50
Part 2 Chapter 51
Part 2 Chapter 52
Part 2 Chapter 53
Part 2 Chapter 54
4 Million Read Special
Your 4 Millon Read Choice Part One (A baby)
Your 4 Million Read Choice Part 2 (Violet's Wedding)
A little snipet
Your 4 Million Read Choice Part 3 (Catching up with Arnold)
Festival 
New Adventure

Part 2 Chapter 1

54.7K 2.6K 250
By Sammmy134

An; So this story is either going to be told in this character's point of view or alternating between her and Violet. Let me know what idea you like better or I'm just going to do what every. So 34,236 reads and 1239 votes! Never thought this story would get so much attention. Thank you guys for your continual support! Thanks for reading<3- Sam(:

Santana's POV four days earlier

It was just like any other day when Savannah disappeared. We had gone about our usual morning routine like usual, each ignoring the other, until one did something that annoyed the other.

"Savannah, you've been in there for an hour and a half, and I haven't even brushed my teeth yet!" I yelled and banged my fists on the bathroom door.

"Shut up!" Savannah yelled and opened the door just enough to stick her head out. Her brown eyes were lined skillfully with eyeliner, and her blonde hair was curled in a way that made it look natural. "I need more time than you to get ready because I actually try."

Instead of a response, I proceeded to stick my hand in the crack of the door opening and try to pry my way inside, while Savannah shrieked at me to stop.

"There's nothing you can possibly do to your face that will make it look any different!" I said through gritted teeth, while I pried the door open another inch. "And I still need to take my shower and it's already 7!"

"Take your showers at night... wait did you just say it was 7?!" The bathroom door opened and Savannah rushed out, nearly knocking me over.

"Why didn't you tell me what time it was sooner?!" she yelled over her shoulder, while she raced down the hall. I heard the sound of her feet frantically pounding against the stairs and the squeak and slam of the front door swinging open and shutting.

"That's because it's only 6:30, not 7," I said smugly to myself, and slipped inside the bathroom and locked the door.

Savannah had a student council meeting this morning at 7:15. She had already missed three this year, there had only been five meetings so far. No matter how much Miss. Kush loved Savannah I didn't think she was going to let her off the hook this if she missed another meeting, and Savannah knew it.

I expected Savannah to come charging up the stairs when she realized she had been tricked, but no such thing happened. I finished my shower in peace, got out, and quickly blow dried my brown hair. I stepped out of the bathroom and looked both ways down the hallway. No Savannah, she must've gone to school without checking her phone first, and seem my deception.

I walked out to my car around 7:45, noting that Savannah's car was still in the driveway. I thought it was strange that it was still there, but I figured that she had probably checked the time on her phone, realized how early it was, and had decided to walk to school. It was a beautiful day outside, and it really didn't take that long to walk to our school from our house. I for one drove to school because I was lazy.

I was about to start the car when I notice someone in my rear view mirror. It was Arnold, the weird kid who lived just across the street from us. He was standing outside in his driveway wearing his pajamas. His circle-rimmed glasses reflected the rising morning sun, and his mouth hung ajar. He was staring directly at our house, which didn't exactly give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. To put it frankly Arnold was going to grow up to be a serial killer.

I honked my horn, causing him to jump and fix his gaze on my car. I drove away wondering if maybe that hadn't been the best decision. I imaged him giving an interview from prison, telling the story about how he had decided to murder his neighbor, Santana, after she had honked at him one morning, while he was peacefully house gazing.

I walked into homeroom right as the bell rung. I took my seat at the back of the class and listened to our principle's monotone voice drone on and on about sports and after-school activities.

"Santana."

I looked up to see Maggie Albert standing in the door of my homeroom. We made eye contact, and she motioned for me to come over.

I pointed towards myself and mouthed, "Me?" she nodded. I looked towards my homeroom teacher, Mr. Smith, who was too busy doing something on his computer to care that half of his homeroom was skipping, let alone me getting out of my seat. So, I got up and joined the waiting blonde.

It wasn't until I was halfway to her that I began to wonder what she wanted from me. I wasn't part of the student council or dance team, nor was I anywhere close to being on her social radar. We were practically different species, according to the rules of the social hierarchy. In the animal kingdom of high school, I was a plover bird, and she was a crocodile.

A plover bird is one of those tiny birds that sit in the crocodile's mouth and cleaned its teeth, as long as I did what she wanted and stayed out of her way she wouldn't snap her jaws and eat me. And it wasn't just that way for me. Most of the school's population was made up of plover birds, but it was better to be a plover bird than a crocodile's prey.

I was a little different from all the other plover birds though, and that was mainly because I was the twin sister of the great Savannah Blake. Yeah, she was great all right, a great pain in the rear. I guess that's what happens when you have everyone at school, including teachers, kissing up to you all day.

Savannah and I were fraternal twins, not identical, but that was pretty obvious just by looking at us. Savannah's hair was blonde while mine was brown, her eyes were brown, and mine was blue. Savannah had the figure of a supermodel, while I was short and a little on the chubby side.

"What's up, Maggie?" I asked once I had reached her.

Her eyes looked at me yet past me at the same time, like my body was translucent. "Hey is Savannah sick?" she asked.

I scrunched up my nose in confusion, "No...I don't think so," I then remembered Savannah's car in the driveway. Maybe she hadn't walked to school after all. "Why, isn't she at school?"

Maggie shook her head.

"Did you try calling her?"

Maggie's eyes narrowed, and she looked at me like I had just announced 2+2= 10, or it was socially acceptable to wear orange sweat pants with an orange sweat-shirt to school, "I called her like ten times," she snapped and pressed her fingers to the bridge of her nose.

Well sorry for wondering, I thought to myself but chose not to share. I instead shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know then,"

Maggie made a noise of frustration, "Never mind, just tell her that I'm looking for her," she said and walked down the hall without another word, and I went back inside the classroom.

The rest of my day dragged on like usual. I ate lunch with my friends, suffered through physics, and walked out to my car and drove home.

Whenever I think back to that day, I get angry with myself. Why hadn't I realized something was wrong sooner when I saw Savannah hadn't taken her car? Why hadn't I thought it was strange that she hadn't gone to school, even though she had an important meeting? Why hadn't I figured it was weird when she hadn't answered any of Maggie's calls, the girl she would lick dog poop off her shoe for without question? I don't think it was because I lacked imagination that something terrible could happen to her, I just think I didn't want to believe it.

When I got home Savannah's car was still there, and my mom's car was in the driveway too, which was unusual because she didn't get home from work until much later.

When I walked in, my mom was waiting for me. She looked worried and slightly agitated. "Do you know where Savannah is!? I got a call from the school saying she was absent, and when I try calling her, she doesn't pick up!"

I froze like a deer caught in the headlights, unsure what to think about this new information.

"No," I answered.

"When was the last time you saw her?" She asked.

"This morning..."

"Has she texted or called you at all today?"

"Hold on let me check," I pulled on my phone and saw I did have a message from her from earlier this morning that I hadn't noticed before, and a couple missed calls from mom, oops. I opened Savannah's message and read it.

The text was composed of only one word, "Real." She had probably meant to say really funny or real mature, but she had accidentally sent it before she could finish.

I showed the message to my mom, but it only made her more frantic.

"Try calling her. I'm going to call dad. I promised I call him back after I talked to you. He wants to file a missing person report, but I wanted him to wait a bit, now I'm not so sure," she said and left the room.

Missing person report, this couldn't be happening, could it!?

Not wanting to hear the conversation my parents were about to have, I went outside. I was starting to get worried, like extremely worried, almost on the verge of panic. I took out my phone and scrolled down to Savannah's contact. I pushed call and waited.

I was sure that if she was capable of answering her phone, and she hadn't answered Maggie or my mom, she wouldn't answer me. I was still going to try, though. We hated each other, so she knew I only called her for emergencies.

Her phone began to ring, and from behind me, I heard something, a low buzzing sound. I turned around, and my eyes landed on something pink and rectangular lying beside the sidewalk leading up to the front door of my house. It had been partially hidden by the shrubs, so I hadn't spotted it before, despite its obvious hot pink color. I bent over and picked it up, and as I did, my heart sank. It was Savannah's phone, her life line. This was the equivalent of finding her severed arm. It vibrated one more time in my hand, before going still.

"She got eaten by a black hole."

My head snapped around so fast it hurt, "Jesus, Arnold," I said, staring down at the fifth-grader angrily. I was mad and greatly alarmed that the little bugger had managed to sneak up behind me and scare me.

He stared back at me with his coal black, emotionless eyes, "She got eaten by a black hole," he repeated. "I saw it this morning from my bedroom window."

I felt my face grow hot with rage. How dare he try and mess with me at a time like this! I pointed towards his house with a shaking finger, "Listen to me you little sicko, this is not the time for your weird games! Why don't you run on home, and go back to torturing animals in your basement!"

Arnold smiled creepily at me, "No this is way more interesting than that," he said, and with that, he turned and ran back towards his house.

"Little snot face, sociopathic brat," I mumbled angrily under my breath, and went to go inside to present my mother with my findings, but before I went inside, I noticed something carved into the sidewalk. I bent down to get a closer look at it.

And when I saw what exactly it was, I felt ice shoot through my veins, "Mom!" I screamed, running into my house. There was no doubt in my mind now that Savannah was in serious trouble. Less than an hour later, police cars surrounded our house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 0 20
A fantasy about demons and if this book goes well there will be more to follow like it says trilogy.. "You cant just go vampire on people and you ca...
1.2K 136 39
((Originally, Phoenix)) “Leave me alone!” Her form flickered in the dim light. The brothers shared a look. “All right,” one started. “Just let us sa...
3.2M 22.9K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
434K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...