Queen Regnant ( Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

The third book after to Rye and Xavier's story....Please read the first two books or you will be lost :P Mav... More

Prologue
Ch. 1 Father's Mistakes
Ch. 2 Up in the air
Ch. 3 Crush
Ch.4 Dress to impress
CH.5 Ra-da-co-vick
Ch.6 Oh Brother
Ch.7 Badges
Ch.8 Rumors
Ch.9 Czara the space witch
Ch.10 Libelle
Ch.11 What am I?
CH.12 Dreams
Ch.13 Standing ovation
CH.14 Someone Else
Ch.15 Travelers
Ch.16 Not the same thing
Ch.17 Over her heart
Ch.18 The game
Ch.19 Checkmate
Ch.20 Aftermath
Ch.21 Dancing with Ghosts
Ch.22 The Princess
Ch.23 Juniper's Baker's Best
Ch.24 Bad Habit
Ch.25 Every Word
Ch.26 Put a spell on me
Ch.27 Eggs
Ch.28 Ms.Dorin
Ch.29 Spilled Tea
CH.30 Games
Ch.31 Frozen
CH.33 Father of the Bride
CH.34 Little Boys
CH.35 I have nothing
Chapter 36 Sweet dreams
CH.37 Twice the fun
CH.38 Mirror Mirror
CH.39 Mary Sue
CH.40 Apologies
CH.41 Family
CH.42 Burn it all
CH.43 Lillies
CH.44 Let her come
CH.45 All dressed in White
CH.46 Letters.
47. No words needed
CH.48 Leave your mark
CH. 49 A gift
CH.50 Maksim
CH.51 Hope
CH.52 Let it rain
CH.53 Keep talking
CH.54 Cupcakes
CH.55 Owen
CH.56 Only about you
CH.57 Restless nights
CH.58 Dirty Martini
CH.59 Crown
CH.60 Hello, trouble
CH.61 Confession of a lover
CH.62 Deal with the Devil
CH.63 Itty Bitty Jars
CH.64 Basil Hunts
CH.65 Time Stands Still

Ch.32 Test Him

25.6K 1.4K 567
By marcyswales17

Chapter 32

The little pebbles on the frozen ground beneath Mavi dug into her palm as she sat still staring at Owen. Her chest rose and fell in a rapid beat as her scenes filled with his intoxicating scent of dry cedar wood and moss.

Owen's pupils dilated in the silvery moon light as he caught her scent of lemons and wild tuberoses. Mavi parted her lips, her cold breath hung in the air like a small cloud.

"Owe-"

Before she could finish her word, Owen's lips were already on her. Mavi's heart grew twice it's size in her chest as she felt the warmth of Owen's mouth on her lips. He kissed her hungrily as if he had been starving for centuries. His lips were rough and hard against her soft plump ones as he savored every inch of her.

As if he couldn't possibly get her close enough, Owen's hand raised to the back of Mavi's head and pushed her mouth closer to his. Mavi felt the heat in her cheeks as Owen's tongue darted out and seeked permission. Breathlessly, she parted her lips and moaned when the tip of her tongue brushed against his.

Owen rose to his knees and pulled Mavi up with him. Her arms locked around his neck as she buried her fingers into his hair. Owen had one hand holding Mavi's head in place against his mouth and the other one was on her hips, gripping onto her for dear life.

As they worked their mouth against each other in the moonlight, Owen growled low in his chest. He could finally taste his princess and god damn was she heavenly. He never wanted to stop. He wanted to kiss her until her lips were swollen and red. And even after that, he wanted to leave his mark on every inch of her body.

But when the cold wind blew and Mavi shivered in arms, Owen pulled back.

"No," Mavi complained at the loss of warmth from his mouth.

Owen chuckled as he pulled his jacket off, "Give me a second, princess."

Mavi watched as Owen unwrapped the navy scarf from her neck and then pulled off her thin soaked sweater. She covered herself with her arms as Owen quickly picked up his jacket and put it on her.

"I need to get you home," Owen said, pulling her forward and kissing her roughly again.

Mavi's stomach tightened at his words. She let him pull her to her feet and then remained still as he scooped her up in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head against his chest. Owen smiled down at her as he placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.

Mavi had so many questions running through her head as Owen carried her through the forest. How was this possible? She wondered.

This whole time.....this whole time they were mates......

She found her mate.

It was Owen.

Owen was her mate.

Mavi began to cry in Owen's arms as he emerged from the woods at the back of the parking lot. He looked down at the girl in his arms with concern as he moved faster towards his car. Once he had placed her in the passenger seat he cupped her face and looked into her wet eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Owen's voice was laced with worry.

Mavi shook her head. She sniffled as her body shook with more sobs.

"You're killing me," Owen pulled her to his chest. "Tell me what's wrong."

"It's you," Mavi said against the soft material of his shirt.

"What?" Owen pulled back to hear her better.

"It's you," Mavi repeated. "It's always been you."

Owen sighed in relief as he smiled, pressing his forehead against Mavi, "It's been you all along."

He bent his head and brushed his lips over her's. Mavi shuttered at his tender touch and gripped his shirt. Owen chuckled against her lips and pulled back.

"Let me get you home and dried up," He said.

Mavi nodded as Owen buckled her in and then went around to the driver's side. He blasted the heat before reaching out and taking Mavi's hand. He intertwined their fingers and held it the whole drive home. Every time he looked over at her and pulled her hand up to place a kiss upon it, Mavi's heart fluttered. She tried not to shed anymore tears of joy, but it was impossible when the man she had been madly in love with and fought for was meant to be hers all along.

Owen was sure he had broken all traffic rules in Juniper as he flew through the streets that night. He arrived back at home in record time and rushed Mavi upstairs.

Mavi watched him with admiration as he filled the bathtub with warm water and came back to her sitting on the edge of the bed.

"The bath is ready," Owen said to her.

Mavi nodded. She got off the bed and stepped into the bathroom. Taking off his jacket, she brought it to her nose and inhaled his scent.

How and why had she never noticed this heavenly scent before? If his scent of fresh sheets and soap had driven her crazy before, then his mate scent now was driving her over the edge of sanity. All she wanted to do was be in his arms and surround herself with his scent.

As the bathtub filled, Mavi peeled off her wet jeans and dumped them into the laundry basket. She took a step into the warm bath and sunk in to let the liquid sooth her. Her cuts and scratches had already healed, leaving behind only a trace of dry blood. Mavi scrubbed until she was clean. She washed her hair and wrapped it in a towel.

As Mavi wrapped a white towel around her body, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Had her eyes always been so bright and her skin always this glowing? Her lips were dewy and plump, no doubt swollen from the kiss she shared earlier with her mate. She reached up and touched them as a blush appeared on her face.

Eager to see him again, Mavi rushed out of the bathroom. But when she found him sitting at the end of her bed, her heart leaped up with delight.

Owen's hooded dark eyes moved over Mavi's body slowly as she hovered by the door of the bathroom. He got off the bed and slowly walked towards her. Mavi tilted her head up to look into his eyes as he came to a stop in front of her. Her breath hitched as he reached out and undid the towel on her head.

Mavi's wet locks fell around her shoulders, raising goosebumps on her skin. Owen cupped her face and leaned his mouth down to her ear.

"I love you," He said. "So much."

"I love you," Mavi said as her eyelids fluttered close. When Owen tried to pull back, Mavi stopped him. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer.

"Don't go," Mavi begged.

"I can't control myself if I say," Owen said, his voice husky and deep. "Not when you smell the way you do and look the way you do tonight."

Mavi looked into his brown eyes and leaned forward, "Then don't control yourself."

"Mavi...." Owen tried to clear his head.

"Please," Mavi said again. "Not tonight. We can make sense of everything tomorrow, but not tonight."

Owen pushed her hair out of her face and searched her eyes. Mavi hoped he would see the need she had for him in them. There were so many questions in the air between them. Owen knew the rational thing to do was to go back to this room and try and figure out how all of this was possible.

But when Mavi was begging him like that and pouting..... It was a hopeless cause trying to stop.

Owen pulled her lips to his once more and walked her over to the bed. Mavi couldn't describe the excitement she felt all over her body. She felt alive under his touch and wanted his hands everywhere. She slid her hands to the hem of his shirt and tugged it over his head, breaking the kiss momentarily.

"Slow down," Owen murmured against her lips as Mavi's hands moved to the buttons of his jeans.

"I can't," Mavi said breathlessly. "I want you."

Owen chuckled, biting her bottom lip, "Baby girl, we can't rush this."

Mavi pulled back and pouted. She watched as Owen's eyes darkened and his fingers dug into her hips. She rose to her toes and locked her arms around his neck.

"When you were drunk of pixie brew," She brushed her lips over his. "Do you want to know what you said to me?"

Owen smirked and leaned forward, "How about I show you this time?"

Mavi's mouth fell open in surprise as he picked her up and guided her legs to wrap around him. Owen's mouth was all over her again as he teased her with his tongue. He walked them to the bed and laid her down gently.

Mavi felt her thighs pressed together as she felt a new and unusual sensation blossom between her legs. Owen's Skin was so smooth and hard underneath her fingers. She ran her nails down his back as he sucked on her bottom lip.

"Mavi," Owen said through his ragged breath.

"Yes?" mavi asked.

"I'm not going to rush this," Owen said again.

"Okay," Mavi said nodding. Her breathing mirrored his.

"Good girl," Owen said, pressing a kiss against her ear. His hands moved to the spot where she had tucked in the loose end of her towel. "Do you want me to take this off?"

"Yes," Mavi said. She squeezed her eyes shut as she felt Owen undo her towel and expose her naked body underneath him. She pressed her thighs together and turned her head to the side as she waited for him to touch her again.

Owen placed his hands on either side of Mavi's body and looked down at her perfect curves. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as her hands gripped the bedsheets next to her legs.

"Show me where you want me to touch you, kitten," Owen said calmly. He reached out with one hand and moved Mavi's face so he could see the blush on her cheeks. "Look at me, princess."

Mavi slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. She was completely exposed under him, yet she didn't feel the need to hide or be ashamed of her nakedness. If anything, the look in his eyes made her want to show him every inch of her.

"Where do you want me to touch you?" Owen asked again. Mavi reached up and slowly took his hand off her face. She held his gaze as she slid his hand down the side of her face. Then she moved his fingers down her neck like a paint brush. The valley of her breasts was next. Followed by her stomach....Owen watched her the whole time as the blush on her cheeks deepened and she directed his hands to the spot between her legs.

Owen smiled down at her seductively as he shifted his weight to one of his arms. Mavi removed her hand as he spread her legs gently and ran a finger over her sensitive spot.

Mavi gasped, her mouth wide open as her back arched off the bed slightly. Owen laid down next to her, half his body on her and half on the bed. He buried his nose in the crook of her neck and bit her playfully.

"This has been my wildest dream," he confessed. "Seeing you like this."

Mavi couldn't think straight to form any kind of a response.

"Owen," She moaned his name as his fingers tortured her.

"Yes, princess?" Owen nibbled on her earlobe.

"Please.....now," Mavi didn't even know that she was begging for as she moved her hips closer to his touch.

She felt Owen shake his head, "No....we're going to do this slow."

Mavi groaned in frustration. She pushed his hand away and rolled off the bed. Owen stared up at her with that sexy smirk of his.

"Either we do this now or you can leave, Owen Radacovick," Mavi said with her hands on her hips.

Owen watched her carefully with a playful glint in his eyes. When he made no move to pull Mavi back to the bed, Mavi frowned.

"Go away," she told him.

Owen climbed off the bed slowly, maintaining eye contact with her. Mavi watched him approached her as she took a step back.

"Come here," he commanded.

Mavi shook her head.

"Come here or I'll take you over my lap and spank you,"

Mavi gasped loudly. She felt her cheeks heat up like coal as a shiver ran down her back in excitement. Owen took a step closer to her and put his hands on her naked hips. Mavi made no move to stop him.

"You can be a princess when you're back in your castle," he whispered into her ear. "You pouts aren't going to work with me."

Mavi felt her spine tingle once more as Owen pulled her closer and laid her down on the bed again.

"Now," he said as he took off the button of his jeans. "Are we going to behave?"

Mavi looked up at him and nodded, biting her bottom lip to keep herself calm. Owen smiled down at her, making her insides melt. He took his jeans off and then his boxers.

Mavi swallowed nervously as he lowered himself against her once more and kissed her. She felt his length press against her and she moaned.

She was so ready for him. She wanted him more than anything in the word. He was hers and she was his.

"I love you," Owen said against her lips.

"I love you," Mavi said.

"Do you want me to show you what I've been thinking about doing to you for months?"

Mavi nodded, "Yes....please."

Owen smiled as he moved his mouth down her neck and then over her chest. His fingers moved back to the spot between her legs. When he was sure she was ready, he spread her legs open and positioned himself between her thighs.

Mavi shut her eyes and bit down on her bottom lip. Owen held himself up on his forearms and touched her face.

"Relax, baby girl," he whispered to her. "It won't hurt if you relax."

"Okay," Mavi nodded.

"Breath," Owen guided her. She took a deep breath as she felt him move himself into her.

Her muscles locked up instantly. Owen dropped his mouth against her and kissed her softly, pouring all his love and affection into it.

"Relax," he told her again.

Mavi listened to his voice and followed his lead. When the pain became unbearable, she opened her eyes and found Owen watching her.

"You are so incredibly beautiful," he said to her. "I am the luckiest man in the world."

Mavi tilted her head back and raised her lips for his touch again. As she became undone under him slowly and blissfully, she knew there was nothing in the word she wouldn't do for him. She needed him forever and ever and ever......

___________________________

The next morning, Mavi woke up to soft kisses on her cheeks and gentle head rubs.

"Good morning, bambie," Owen murmured into her ear.

Mavi smiled with her eyes closed and pulled the covers closer.

"Good morning," she said. Her heart had never felt so light and full. Her muscles were relaxed and her spirit was high. She turned around in Owen's arms and found him already dressed for the day.

"When did you wake up?" she asked as she reached out and tapped his bottom lip.

Owen kissed her finger, "About two hours ago."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Because I liked the way you were saying my name in your sleep," Owen held her face and rubbed his thumb against her cheek. "What were you dreaming of?"

Mavi took a deep breath and moved her legs between his, "About last night."

Owen smiled, "Did you like that, princess?"

Mavi nodded.

Owen moved his hand down and ran his thumb over her full bottom lip, "Do you want more?"

"Yes, please." Mavi said, a bit breathless.

Owen pulled her tightly against his chest and kissed her. Mavi felt her sleepy body stir awake under his touch. She began to straddle him when his hands on her hips stopped her.

"Not now, love."

"Why not?" Mavi frowned.

"I need you to get dressed," Owen rolled her back on the bed.

"Why?"

Owen looked at her while he was deciding on how to break the news to her.

"What is it?" Mavi asked, seeing his expression.

"Your dad is on his way here," Owen said quietly. "He called from the airport."

"Dad's coming?" Mavi sat up in bed. She held the sheets against her to cover herself. "Why?"

Owen followed her and sat up sighing, "He didn't go into too much detail..... But he's coming to take you home."

Mavi shook her head in confusion as her panic from the night before came back to her. She recalled linking her family to come and get her. At the moment she was fearful of losing Owen to Yara, she didn't stop to think if they would actually come for her.

"I don't want to go," Mavi said to Owen. "I'm not leaving you."

"You're not leaving me," Owen assured her. "I'm your beta and your mate, nothing is going to keep us apart anymore."

"You're coming with me?" Mavi asked.

"Yes," Owen smiled as if the idea wasn't clear enough. "Of course I am."

"What if my dad tells you to stay away again?"

"I like to see him try," Owen said.

Mavi narrowed her eyes at her mate playfully, "You're going to fight the king for the princess?"

"No," Owen said, pulling her into a kiss. "I'm going to fight for my queen."

An hour later, Mavi was dressed and sitting in the Radacovick living room when her father entered the house. Xavier's eyes immediately landed on his daughter and he took a breath of relief. Mavi ran into his arms and Xavier rushed towards her with his arms out.

"I have missed you so much," Xavier said, kissing the top of her head. "The house isn't the same without you."

"I missed you too, dad," Mavi said, pulling back. "Even though you didn't respond to any of my links."

Xavier tried to hide a smile, "I wanted you to learn that your bratty attitude wouldn't fly anymore."

Mavi rolled her eyes. She quickly remembered Owen's words from the night before and blushed when she caught his eyes over her dad's shoulders.

Xavier didn't notice the little interaction. He looked at Frank and Manya and walked over to greet them. Mavi stood back as her father talked with the two and thanked them for taking care of his daughter.

"We loved having her here," Manya said smiling. "She really does light up a home."

Mavi's heart began to pound in her chest as her dad made conversation with Frank. She knew what he would say pretty soon. Her insides began to turn as she thought over her decision.

"Dad, I don't want to go back." Mavi suddenly spilled, halting all conversation in the room.

Xavier turned to her and blinked in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"I know why you are here," Mavi said, taking a deep breath. "I panicked about something last night and I told you to come and get me, but I don't want that. I am not leaving Juniper."

Xavier turned to face his daughter fully, "You mom wants you home. She misses you. We all do."

"I know," Mavi said. "But I can't leave yet."

Xavier's irritated eyes flickered to Owen standing behind Mavi. this had to be his doing, Xavier thought.

"No, Mavi," Xavier dismissed her idea. "You're coming home with me."

"No!"

"I am taking you home, mavi." Xavier said sternly.

Owen took a step forward and shielded Mavi from her father's gaze, "She said she's not going."

Xavier narrowed his eyes at the new beta as Frank and Manya gasped in the background.

"Stand down," Xavier commanded in his Alpha voice.

Mavi looked from her father to Owen. She saw Owen's stance and knew immediately he wasn't backing down.

Before Xavier could take a step forward, Mavi jumped in between them.

"Daddy," She ran up to her father and diverted his attention away from Owen. "Can we talk? Please?"

Xavier's jaw tensed as he watched Owen. He knew the boy had Alpha blood, but to defy a command from the king like that was a criminal offense.

"Please, daddy?" Mavi begged, taking his hand into her hands.

After a few minutes, Xavier nodded his head. He let Mavi take him into the kitchen and sit him down at the breakfast bar.

"Dad," Mavi began. "You and Exton sent me here so I could learn who I am. I am still trying to figure that out. But I found a huge piece of me here. I found my mate."

"What?" Xavier asked, surprised.

"Yes," Mavi nodded. "It's Owen."

Xavier's face fell, "Sweetheart, that's not possible."

"I know, I know," Mavi rushed to explain. "But something happened last night and I almost drowned in a frozen lake -"

Xavier's eyes widened in concern.

"But Owen saved me!" Mavi stopped him from interrupting her. "And when I came out of that lake, we both heard our souls call out to each other. Just the way you told me you and mom heard it."

Xavier didn't know what to say. His mind raced in a hundred different directions.

"How is this possible?" he asked.

"I don't know," Mavi said. "But we're going to find out. And I want to stay here in Juniper until we do."

"Why?" Xavier inquired. "He can come back if he's really your mate."

"I know," Mavi sighed. "But I like the way he is over here.....do you remember how you and mom always took me and Eggs to the cabin in the woods when things got crazy in the palace?"

Xavier nodded.

"You always said that was our simple life," Mavi looked around. "Juniper is my simple life. I get to be myself here. I don't have to worry about state dinners and balls....I can just be myself and be happy and Owen is more himself here too.....daddy, please, try to understand."

Xavier stared at his daughter for a long time. She stood in front of him with a frown on her face, begging him to understand with her eyes.

"I smell him on you," Xavier said grimly after a while.

Mavi blushed. She felt her cheeks heat up as she looked everywhere else but Xavier's eyes.

"Oh god," Xavier groaned. He covered his face and shook his head. "Mavi, why?"

Mavi didn't know what to say. She stood awkwardly and wished she could fast forward a few minutes.

"This is happening all too soon," Xavier shook his head. "I am not ready for this. You are still my little girl." 

"Just a few weeks ago you were hellbent on finding my mate!" Mavi pointed out. "And now I found him."

"Has he marked you?"

Mavi shook her head, "No....we decided to wait on that until we figured out how this was even possible."

Xavier sighed nodding. He continued to think for a while as Mavi waited.

"You know there are a lot of moving parts to this, correct?" Xavier asked.

Mavi nodded, "Yes."

"There is a lot you have to figure out. How is this possible? Is this real? Is this a spell?"

"It's real," Mavi said.

Xavier chose to ignore her comment. "Are you sure you want to do this on your own?"

"I will someday hold the weight of the whole kingdom," Mavi said. "You need to have more trust in me."

A sense of pride blossomed in Xavier's chest. He took a deep breath and nodded once again.

"Okay," he said. "You can stay....I will help you anyway that you will allow me to."

"Thank you, dad," Mavi kissed his cheek.

"He makes you happy?" Xavier asked. "He's good to you?"

"Why don't you stay here in Juniper for a day or two and test him yourself?" Mavi smiled.

"Do I have your permission to test him?" Xavier laughed.

"Don't go easy on him," Mavi said.

A few laughs later Mavi and Xavier walked back to the living room. Mavi wasn't surprised to find Xavier's poker face had made an appearance.

Owen rose to his feet and Xavier approached him. His eyes darted from Mavi to her father before he took a deep breath and waited to hear that the king had to say.

"She will stay here with you, Radacovick," Xavier said sternly. "My flight leaves tomorrow at noon. I will be staying with her until then."

"Yes, sir." Owen said.

"Good," Xavier nodded. "Be ready in 10 minutes. We are going hunting."

As Xavier walked away, Owen's eyes landed on Mavi.

Good luck, she mind linked him with a wink.    

I am so happy for Mavi and Owen y'all. My heart is full..... for now :P 

What did you like? What will happen next? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 93.7K 15
***Not edited***** Find the complete book on Amazon!!! "My heart is in your hands...do with it as you please." Rye Alden counted herself lucky for...
350K 7.9K 22
When Bella's father invites the neighboring pack to join them for a week, she finds her mate. (READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK AND IT...
87.1K 2.4K 20
Anna is on the run from her abusive father. She runs into her mate Matt and she at first, wants nothing to do with him. She tries to flee from him se...
162K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...