Mute To The Pointe Of Dancing

By Smilexi13

After an accident that killed her father and left her mute, Ashlynn Grey didn't only stop talking but stopped... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 5

1.8K 35 11
By Smilexi13

I have been living in the Tearins house for a week and Easton has yet to say a single word to me.

Derrick continually tells me that he is like that to everyone, but seriously if I hadn't heard him speak to Connor I would have thought he was a mute like I was.

Unlike Easton, the rest of the family acts like I have lived with them the whole time.

Kian is constantly dragging me up to the game room on the fourth floor to play Mario Cart. He wins most of the time, I really wish I could say its because I let him win, but I just suck really bad at the game.

*****

Today is my first day going back to school. If I said I was excited I would be lying.

What teenager ever likes going to the prison called school? Being a new kid only adds to the long list of why I don't want to go.

List of why I don't want to go!
1. Im new
2. Im mute
3. It's school
4. I live with what are probably the heart throbs of the school
5. I have to get up early

The screeching sound of my alarm clock went of at 6:30, signaling the most exhausting part of the day, waking up.

After standing under the spray of the shower for a solid fifteen minutes, I walked into my closet.

I had decided when I woke up that I wasn't going to dress up for school today. Being new means I'm going to stick out anyway dressing up would just make it like six times worse.

Deciding on a pair of black skinny jeans and a gray sweatshirt.

Walking out of my closet I grabbed my pair of white converse.

Going back into the bathroom i check my reflection in the mirror. My slightly damp hair falls into fairly even ringlets, so I just leave it down.

I decided to add just a little foundation to even out my skin color and a little mascara to bring out my eyes.

Throwing on a maroon beanie, I grab my phone, white board and a forest green marker.

Turning off the light I head down stairs.

"Good morning Ashlynn" Ember says from the stove as I sit down at the kitchen table.

I smile as she places a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon in front of me.

'Good morning and thank you' I write

"No problem sweetheart"

Digging into my breakfast, I hear the boys racing down the stairs.

"Hey mom" Derrick says as he walks into the kitchen. He grabs a few prices of bacon and turns to me.

"You ready to go?" He asks me.

I sigh and nod my head. 'Lets just get this over with' I write.

"Alright then lets go"

After putting my plate in the sink I follow Derrick to the garage.

Easton is already behind the wheel of a white hummer. Derrick hops into the passenger seat and motions for me to get in.

I crawl in the back seat next to Tate and Blake. As soon as I shut the door Easton backs out of the driveway.

The car came to a stop about two minutes later. Easton was of course the first one out.

Getting out of the car I watched him cross the parking lot, with a frown on my face.

"Ready?" Derrick murmured coming to stand next to me.

Taking a deep breath I nodded, and started across the parking lot.

As expected all eyes were on me as I walked across to the school. I had to resist the urge to flip everyone the bird, I mean come on! Didn't your parents ever tell you it's not polite to stare.

I even got a few glares from some of the girls. One in particular stood out to me.

She was beautiful with long black hair and emerald green eyes. The kin of girl everyone wishes they were.

My guess would be that she was the queen bee, you know the type Head cheerleader/dance team captain.

Lets just say if looks could kill everyone within a ten door radius of me would be dead.

I think were going to great friends! Please note the sarcasm.

Walking into the school Derrick pointed to the office and asked if i was going to be okay before heading of to hang with a group of friends.

Opening the office door I walked up to the secretaries desk. She was a plump women and looked to be around the age of sixty.

"Oh hello, you must be Ashlynn Grey. Im Mrs. Hull" she said.

I smiled and nodded my head. A few moments later she handed me my class schedule, locker combo and a map of the school.

I walked out of the office and looked over my papers.

The school looked to be split into five buildings. A, C, D, G, and J.

I looked at my schedule and frowned, what person wants to start their day off with AP calculus? I don't thats for sure.

"You need some help?" a shy voice asked.

To my left stood a girl about my size, she had long strawberry blonde hair and light blue eyes. She looked nice.

I nodded my head and handed her my schedule.

"We have periods 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7 together. I'm Tegan by the way, Tegan James" she said with a smile.

'Ashlynn' I wrote with a smile.

She gave my a questioning look. I erased my board.

'Im mute' I waited for her to look at me with disgust, or run in the opposite direction and never talk to me again.

Understanding crossed her face and she smiled at me.

"Well that's okay I talk enough for the both of us. We should probably head to class now" she said lopping her arm through mine.

Well that was unexpected I thought.

I walked about two steps before I stopped. The girl with the black hair and killer glare stood just up the hall.

She was standing next to none other than Easton Tearins, but he looked like he couldn't care less about her standing there.

"Looks like you have spotted the schools little princess." Tegan said with something the sounded like hatred in her voice.

"Her name is Tamara. I swear she goes through boys like water. She has been with almost all the guys here at school, I think the longest relationship she has had lasted like three weeks."

'Ladies and gentleman, the modern day slut!' I write on my board

Tegan just laughs.

"I totally agree, but the rest everyone follows her around like a lost puppy. She leader or the dance team here and does lessons outside of school. She is amazing at ballet."

I expected the dance team part but not do much the ballet. Ballet takes a lot of discipline and work. Definitely something it doesn't look like she has.

Looking back over at Tamara and Easton I see Easton narrow his eyes and walk away.

Almost instantly Tamara whips her head around and glares at me.

I smile sweetly and wiggle my fingers at her. She turns and walks away with her nose in the air.

Tegan laughs.

"Grab your popcorn, cause this is going to be fun to watch." she says still laughing.

I just smile.

Tamara is going down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so tell me what you think. I would love to hear from you.

Soccer season just started, we had our first game yesterday. We won like 12 to 1 but it was a fun game.

Question: What is your favorite sport? What do you like about it? What position do you play?

Comment

Vote

Follow

Ttyl,

~L3xi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 682 23
George's life was perfect up until the age of 17. His father, the person he was closest with, died in a brutal car accident. This left just him and h...
6.1K 150 14
"Lacey what do I do?" "He is a jackass and well you are screwed my friend." Meet Isabella Hale. A sixteen year old girl who...
5.1K 295 23
Some would say her voice was heavanly. Some would say she had the voice of a siren. Some wanted her so much, they would do anything to have her and/o...
All is Found By Amanda

General Fiction

268K 9.9K 66
With her life crumbling around her, worldwide popstar Ashlyn 'Ash' Monroe finds herself standing on the wrong side of the railing overlooking the riv...