Unwavers Of Fate

By lily_lovemore

IN-PROGRESS ๐Ÿ’œ A Sequel To The Seven. After the twisting events occurred, K-East had won the hearts of many... More

Chapter 1: Awake
Chapter 2: Guilt
Chapter 4: Light
Chapter 5: Shadow
Chapter 6: Black Swan
Chapter 7: Her Favorite Things
Chapter 8: Remember Me
Chapter 9: Love Lies
Chapter 10: Missing You
Chapter 11: So Far Away
Chapter 12: Contemplation
Chapter 13: Stigmatized
Chapter 14: Decision
Chapter 15: Her Name
Chapter 16: Valerie
Chapter 17: Boy Meets Evil
Chapter 18: Lotte World
Chapter 19: Wild Chase
Chapter 20: Who...?
Chapter 21: Inner Child
Chapter 22: Alter Ego

Chapter 3: Fresh Start

87 4 0
By lily_lovemore

One Year Later...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

The autumn leaves have fallen once again and everyone is always doing their usual routine. They opened up their small convenience stores, various types of businesses, whether it's finance, health, science, research, and technology. The major ones are selling street foods where others passed by.

Some days they have similar conflicts on the common roads and highways. Of course, they may yell, honk, and throwback curses at each other due to traffic and possible collisions. The crime rates have been slightly decreasing, however, there are certain areas that are usually happening privately.

Concurrently for the K-Pop idols and media in general, most rumors are particularly about dating scandals, drugs, and mistreatments, yet a few companies don't speak up about their statements. They tend to disregard any issues that were targeting them. Therefore, they let other citizens and fandoms assume what they think is true or not.

As for Cha Eugene, he is the type of guy who shows everyone that being friendly does not necessarily mean a person is in a relationship or hooking up with somebody. He may seem cold, but he is known to be loyal and gentle towards his members. Even though he comes across as mysterious and modest, his fanbase is mostly attracted to his handsome face.

"Your real name is Lee Eun-Min, right?" Kang Ho-dong, one of the famous Korean talk-show hosts asked him.

"Yes," Eugene nodded curtly while he was sitting on the armchair, facing him during the interview.

"There is a rumor circulating around the internet about your love life. This sounds to me that you are head over heels with a girl," Ho-dong said, grinning excitedly.

The fans in the audience were hooting and whistling.

"I met her at the Coffee shop last year and we talked things out. Then, I surprised her on her birthday," Eugene described.

"Oh? Her birthday? Was she thrilled to see your gift?" Ho-dong beamed.

"More than that. She told me that she felt happy when she saw me holding the cake," Eugene recalled and added in. "Everyone was singing along before she blew out her candles."

"Aww, she must be a very special lady and a lucky one to have you," Ho-dong smirked teasingly.

"Actually, it's the other way around. You see, she's my childhood friend for a long time and I couldn't be so grateful to be with her," Eugene smiled wholeheartedly as the fans were squealing and gushing in delight.

"Will you tell us her name?" Ho-dong asked eagerly, placing his hands on his desk, and leaned forward in curiosity.

"Uhh..." Eugene paused a little bit and glanced at him and his fans back and forth hesitantly.

"Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" The audience began to chant where they clap their hands demandingly.

Eugene looked at them in startlement and laughed when he shook his head dismissively. "Sorry, I can't do that. I don't want to put her in the spotlight..."

"Okay. I apologize for that question. We all just want to know her," Ho-dong gestured politely.

"It's alright," Eugene said.

"I know that a couple of netizens will disapprove in terms of the person's status, appearance, age, background, and all those sorts. But at the end of the day, it's not their right to meddle into both of your affairs because it's private. Our perspectives are different from what you two have. There will be obstacles along the way, but I believe you will overcome anything. We all need love at some point, don't you agree?" Ho-dong stated.

"Absolutely," Eugene noted.

"Yes!" The audience responded with applause.

"Boy, I sound like a motivational speaker here. Perhaps, you could tell us next time about your girlfriend," Ho-dong joked as his eyebrows wiggled in a smug.

Eugene burst out laughing in amusement, including the others. He nodded, saying. "For sure."

Ho-dong turned to the camera and said. "We will be back shortly right after the commercial break. Let's give it up for Cha Eugene, everybody!"

"Thank you for having me," he said, bowing his head a little and waved at his fans. Then, he shook hands with the talk show host and inaudibly thanked him again.

During the same evening in the city of Seoul, the tremendous cheering resonated throughout the entire Olympic Stadium. Armies are swinging their bomb sticks in the air as they are bouncing repeatedly towards the live performances by K-East. They were all hyped as they sang and danced along to their music. Short video clips and pictures were taken of each member where they gush over their moves and looks.

ON and Dynamite were obviously the most highlighted songs and choreographies lately as they topped the charts and radio stations. Afterward, their finale ended with big colorful fireworks, coordinated in rainbow until they transformed into purple ones written in K-East x Echoes Forever.

"Thank you for coming. We couldn't imagine how many of you could still support us up to this day," Ryung said sincerely.

"We will continue to create new music and fun stuff for you, guys," Min-Jun said.

"From the bottom of our hearts, you've become the best friend we never had," Taeyun said.

"None of this would've happened if it wasn't for you," Jaesang smiled.

"You made us so incredibly happy. For that, we will be rewarding you with handcrafted bracelets we made just for you," Hwan grinning.

"We love you!" Joon-wo shouted in exclamation.

"See you again, Echoes," Jiyoo smirked coolly and showed them his heart signature of his fingers, including an air blow kiss.

The seven of them waved at the audience and sent flying kisses. Then, they took a bow once they were applauded by their fans.

"And to all a good night!" Ryung concluded as he and the rest of the members started to walk out.

They were heading towards the backstage curtains and puffing out of breath. Sweats had soaked the back of their shirts, especially a few droplets formed on the side of their foreheads. They raked their hairs with their fingers, whereas the staff approached and quickly patted them with towels. Whilst, they were getting light makeup retouch-ups and drank bottles of water to hydrate.

"Man, that was such a spectacular moment that I haven't been feeling for a long time," Hwan stated with an overwhelming sensation.

"It does feel like we haven't been doing this... You know, ever since we split up," Min-Jun noted.

"Guys, it's alright. What happened before is in the past now. At least, we've learned something," Ryung placed his hands on top of their shoulders reassuringly.

Jiyoo came up beside them as he was reading the Echo's letter quietly. He smiled in amusement, saying. "This is so much adoration. And also, a chibi drawing of me attached to this card."

Hwan went in closer to pinch his cheeks funnily. "Who's the girl?!"

"Ow! I'm not seeing anyone right now," Jiyoo laughed when he backed away in a grimace. He slightly scoffed, rubbing his face soothingly, and turned sideways. "Anyway, I also don't have much time."

"Aww, don't tell me you still haven't gotten over your ex fiancé," Ryung joked.

"No, I could care less about her," Jiyoo huffed.

"Then, who are you thinking about?" Min-Jun asked skeptically.

"Is there someone you already met?" Joon-wo wondered.

"Literally, nobody," Jiyoo rolled his eyes in annoyance at his Hyungs.

"Hmm. Come on, we were just teasing," Hwan nudged his shoulder a little bit and heard a male voice calling out behind them.

"Boys, I must say. I'm very impressed with your performances and by far, we have earned about half a million dollars each time we held a concert. I also would like to tell you that we have compromised with Ithaca Holdings. However, we will still keep our Big Prime name," Mr. Bong informed and went on further to recall. "What happened between Scott Bernie and Tracey Grace is not going to affect us in any form since they are signed under our Corporation. There's no need for you to worry. Amazing work as always. Your upcoming 'Meet and Greet' will be held this Saturday and don't forget..." he paused when he laid his hands on their backs enthusiastically. "Have fun!"

"Definitely," Ryung nodded in agreement as well as Min-Jun, Hwan, and Jaesang.

"Anyway, I'll be heading back to my office. In case if you need anything, you can come with me or just call and text. Chacha!" Mr. Bong chirped with a grin and walked away to leave.

"Bye," the seven members replied in unison, then they went around to go to the hallways. They exchanged glances as they sauntered side by side and uttered.

"Looks like we might be seeing them in person," Hwan stated happily.

"It's a good idea and plus, we can either collaborate with them," Min-Jun thought.

"Maybe. Although, there are reasons why we should or should not," Ryung pointed out.

"Hmm. We'll still talk to them, you know, normal friends online," Joon-wo shrugged.

"Speaking of online, do you guys want to go Vlive?" Jaesang offered.

"Sounds great," Hwan grinned.

"Yeah," Joon-wo and the others nodded.

"I have nothing to do, so I will join you," Taeyun insisted.

"What about you, Jiji?" Hwan asked blankly.

Jiyoo shrugged, saying. "I'm in, but first... let's order food for dinner."

"Same. I'm starving..." Jaesang said, caressing his stomach.

"Alright," Ryung smiled and clasped his hands, whereas the others were moving along as they were instructed to go to their dressing rooms to change.

By the next hour, half of the people have dined in one of the restaurants, known as, Maple Tree House, in Seoul. Bryan Zedler, who was taking a vacation, is now patently working as a waiter. His shifts begin from Monday to Thursday at around the afternoons and evenings.

The boss sometimes inquires to extend his duties overnight and he does not mind. He felt obligated to earn a living and become more disciplined to take care of himself. His mindset has developed positively over the past few days and greets his manager, co-workers, and even in the neighborhood.

He goes to the customers and serves the food and drinks on each table. Then, he stacks the empty plates and glasses in every pile before handing them over to the dishwashing area.

Once he finishes, he takes his leave after notifying them with a wave of goodbye.

"See you tomorrow!" The waiter guy hollered and added in. "Oh, we have basketball tryouts if you want to come."

"Sure, I'll let you know my availability. Okay, see you then," Bryan said.

"Bye, dude," he smirked and continued to scrub the counters.

Bryan nodded curtly and pushed the door open to leave.

Later on, he arrived at the apartment and dropped his bag on the couch as he plopped himself down to rest. He closed his eyelids and massaged his temples with a sigh of fatigue. Tilting his head back to relax, his mind starts to reel across what occurred before.

He walked over to his computer and turned it on. He clicked the files to keep up with the tracking system. He frowned, hopelessly thinking about his best friend, who he has no clue of.

"Where are you now, Val...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6.1K 78
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...
BROTHERS IN ARMS By Arya

General Fiction

125K 7.3K 53
This is a story about three brothers. The eldest brother is serving his life for his nation while the other two brothers are following their eldest b...
107K 1.1K 36
The one thing Madelyn desires most in the world is to wear diapers again, and she is prepared to do anything to make that wish come true. As inexplic...
33.7K 862 28
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ you got me down on my knees it's getting harder to breathe out . . . โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ . . . ๐œ๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ฅ๐จ ha...