Protection - Sookai

By TatorTotTati

Huening Kai and his half-brother, Jaehyun are living together while Huening Kai goes to school. After a lifet... More

Flash-Forward: New Year's Eve ๐Ÿ’–
Prologue: Childhood ๐Ÿ’”
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
(don't) Answer this please
decision made for last 'chapter'
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Epilogue ๐Ÿ’
Soundtrack - One (why do I make it sound like a movie lmao)
Soundtrack - Two (idk what I'm doing)

Chapter V

862 44 23
By TatorTotTati

I want to be able to share my place with you
Even if it's so ridiculous and too soon
It means a lot to me
And you do too
You just don't know it yet

______________________________________
❌‼️❌😶Error - Unknown😶❌‼️❌
______________________________________

"Ningning!". "Yes JaeJae Hyung?". Huening Kai answered, turning around. Jaehyun smiled widely and held his camera up, pointing it at the younger. Huening Kai giggled and posed. "Yes! So cute!". Jaehyun exclaimed. The younger continued to do different poses, being cute or even just pretty.(he's a natural at that) Jaehyun took shots and then walked to him, to show the pictures. (The one picture he did is above. Not really but it's just pretend) The two boys continued to laugh and run around the park, taking pictures. They stopped at a small hill. "Come sit with me Ningning". The older insisted softly. "Okay JaeJae Hyung!". The younger sat down, leaning on Jaehyun's shoulder to look through the pictures. "They turned out so well Hyung". Huening Kai said. Jaehyun wrapped an arm around the younger and looked at him sweetly. "Only because I took a picture of something so beautiful and blessing". The younger blushed and hugged the older tightly. "Saranghaeng JaeJae Hyung!". Huening Kai exclaimed. "Saranghaeng Ningning!". Jaehyun said softly as he ruffled the younger's hair.

Saturday - October 5, 2019 🌺

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes, a quiet house, and an aching body. I groaned softly but managed to get up. Jaehyun had been a little more aggressive lately. He's been moody about Jungkook not being home. But I've tried to explain that he has a job and all, he works for us and himself. But anyway........ I walked to the bathroom and washed my face to freshen up. After I brushed my hair, I decided to go for a morning stroll and try to spend the day outside. I looked in my closet for a comfy sweater and some sweats. I grabbed my wallet, keys, and phone, heading out the door. It was pretty early for me to be out, 7 AM. Since I had just woken up, I walked to a close cafe for something to eat. I could then go to the park after that and just relax, maybe go visit Taehyun.

I walked into a small cafe, one I had always gone to. I walked up to the front desk already knowing what I wanted to order. "May I get a small order of strawberry mochi, the regular egg sandwich, and iced tea with no ice please?". I placed the exact amount of won needed on the counter and the waitress grabbed it. She nodded with a smile and then went to the kitchen. I waited at the desk for a few minutes until the girl came back with a bag and cup.

"Here you go sir, enjoy!".

"Kasahamnida!". I exclaimed, leaving the cafe. I took a drink of my tea as I walked to the park peacefully. Once I arrived, I walked the path to the hill. It was special to me of course. I sat down, leaning on the one tree the hill had and took a deep breath as I looked at the view. It was very relaxing. I then grabbed my food out and proceeded to eat.

After I finished my sandwich, I snacked on the mochi. I sighed, going back years in this exact spot. Jaehyun and I used to eat snacks together by this tree and talk about anything really. I really missed those times......

Flashback

"What's wrong Ningning? You look sad". Jaehyun said softly. He sat next to me and looked at me with a comforting expression. I looked at Jaehyun with teary eyes and buried my head into his chest. I started to cry quietly. "Ningning? What's wrong?". Jaehyun asked. He wrapped his arms around me and caressed my head gently. "Can you tell me Kai? I promise I'll do my best to help". I sobbed harder and gripped on Jaehyun's shirt.

"I don't want Eomma hurting you anymore Hyung!". I cried out. Jaehyun cooed at me and tried to calm me down. "It's okay Ningning. I'll be okay. Everything will be okay".

"No! No! It won't!". I hugged Jaehyun as tight as I could and my sobs became harsher.

"I'm sorry I can't protect you Hyungie! I'm sorry!". I yelled.

"Don't be sorry Ningning! You've done nothing wrong!". Jaehyun comforted. I looked at him, wiping each tear away.

"C-can you f-forgive me H-hyung?". I asked in a trembling voice. Jaehyun smiled and nodded. I cried softer as he pulled me into a hug.

"You don't ever have to be sorry for not being able to protect me. It's not your fault Ningning". He whispered into my ear. "Here Ningning, have a mochi. It'll make you feel better". Jaehyun held a strawberry mochi to my mouth and I took a bite. He fed it to me til I finished. "Feeling better Kai?". Jaehyun asked softly. I nodded and gave him a small smile. "If you ever feel sad, just eat mochi. I'll always make sure it's filled with love and comfort".

"Thank you JaeJae Hyung...".

I shook the memory out of my head quickly. "That's not him anymore Huening Kai........ you have to forget it". I mumbled to myself. I wiped another tear away and then got up to leave, I made sure to grab my trash and my stuff. I then pulled up Taehyun's contact on my phone.

"Hey Hyuka! What's up?"

"Hi Taehyunnie Sii. I was just wondering if we could hang out?"

"Ne, of course! I'm not doing anything. So it sounds good!"

"Alrighty, I'll come to your house then?"

"Yeah yeah. I'll see you soon Hyuka"

"Ne. See you soon as well. Saranghaeng"

"Saranghaeng"

I walked faster, on the trail to Taehyun's house. It was close to mine so it was easy to get to. I threw my trash away on the way and then arrived there in maybe 15 minutes. I knocked on the front door and just a few seconds after, Taehyun opened the door and hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back. "Come in, come in". He welcomed. I walked into his house, smiling at his Eomma and Appa. "Morning Huening Kai!". Taehyun's Eomma greeted. I waved and bowed politely.

"Good morning! Thank you for letting me come here". I said.

"Oh it's no problem! You're always welcome here!". Taehyun's Appa assured. I nodded.

"Let's go to my room now! I got something to show you!". Taehyun suddenly exclaimed.

"Oh oka- woah!". Taehyun pulled my wrist and dragged me upstairs to his room.

"What's this about Taehyun Sii?". I asked.

"This little guy!". Taehyun pointed at a glass box that was set up next to his bed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I looked inside the box to see a small red snake.

"Woah! It's a snake!". I exclaimed.

"Isn't he adorable!?". Taehyun asked, smiling widely. I nodded.

"What's his name?".

"Aengdu". (I don't remember if that's exactly it lol tell me guys)

"Aengdu is so small and cute". Taehyun giggled and then reached into the glass box to pick him up. "Here, you can hold him". He said. My eyes widened as he immediately placed the snake in my palms.

"He's kind of soft". I commented. Taehyun put an arm around me and watched as I pet Aengdu gently. "When did you get him?". I asked.

"Just a couple days ago. But he's so cute!".
______________________________________

"Taehyun Sii! Don't put Aengdu on my face! What if he falls!?". I exclaimed, running around the room from Taehyun.

"Okay okay! I won't!". Taehyun stopped chasing me and then carefully placed Aengdu in his box. I smiled and stood next to him.

"Finally".

"That doesn't mean I won't put something else on your face!". Taehyun suddenly yelled. He cupped my face and made kissy lips at me.

"No! Taehyun Sii!". I warned. I giggled when he started to tickle me. "Taehyun Si- HAHAHAHA stop it!". I begged. Taehyun laughed to my reactions continuously. "I'm gonna pee! Stop it!". I exclaimed before laughing again. Taehyun finally stopped and let me breath once again.

"It's so fun to tease you Hyuka".

"But it's not fun to be tortured". I responded. I sighed loudly and laid on Taehyun's bed comfortably. He jumped on bed and then put his arms around my stomach.

"Cuddle me!". Taehyun demanded. I chuckled.

"Ne". I scooted closer to him and hugged him gently. Taehyun laid his head on my chest and played with my hands. I only watched and relaxed myself. It was nice to have someone hug me. Especially when I'm having such a bland day. But it seemed that everything today was all about Jaehyun......

Flashback

"Kids! It's time for lunch!". Appa yelled.

"Ne Appa! We're coming". I replied.

"Let's go JaeJae Hyung".

"Ne". I grabbed Jaehyun's hand and we walked into the kitchen. Appa placed 2 bowls of ramen on the table and a plate of other foods to put in. I climbed onto the chair and grabbed my chopsticks. "Kasahamnida Appa! It looks delicious!". I exclaimed. Appa smiled and reached over to caress my head.

"Ne, both of you eat now. I'm going to take this tray of food to your Eomma".

"Ne, we'll be eating Appa". Jaehyun replied. "Here Ningning, have some egg and meat". Jaehyun used his chopsticks to grab some egg and meat to put it into my bowl.

"Kasahamnida JaeJae Hyung. You always know what I want to eat". I said softly. Jaehyun nodded and smiled. "Let's eat now!". I insisted. After finishing our ramen, we picked up the bowls to put the dishes away, until there was yelling and loud sounds from upstairs.

"I didn't ask for you to take care of me! Leave me alone!".

"I'm your husband Hee-young! I'm trying to do what's best for you!".

"I don't want you to! So fuck off David!". The yelling became louder as Eomma walked downstairs. She stopped when she saw me and Jaehyun.

"What are you looking at!?". She spat. I immediately looked away.

"Ah sorry Eomma......we were just leaving". Jaehyun quietly said, avoiding eye contact as well. Eomma scoffed and the walked up to Jaehyun and I, with an angry expression.

"Don't talk to me! Just leave!". She yelled before slapping the dishes out of Jaehyun's hands. It made me flinch as I heard the shattering sounds. "Ugh! I hate everyone in this house! Especially you". Eomma slapped Jaehyun in the face. My eyes widened and I immediately dropped my bowl and stood in front of him.

"Eomma! Please don't hurt him! Please!". I begged. Eomma scoffed and pushed me out of the way.

"I HATE YOU! EVERYTHING YOU DO OR SAY!". I watched as Eomma picked up the shards of the dishes and threw it at Jaehyun. Some pieces cut his arm as he blocked the hits. I started to cry softly.

"Eomma No! Stop it!". I yelled.

"HEE-YOUNG! STOP HURTING JAEHYUN!".

Later......

"I'm sorry Jaehyun Hyung. I thought I could help". I softly said. I was holding Jaehyun in my arms, being careful of his bandages.

"It's okay Ningning. I know you try. And that's enough for me". Jaehyun snuggled into me gently and then closed his eyes to sleep.

"I'll always be here for you JaeJae Hyung. Even after every hard event.....".

"Hyuka?".

"Huening Kai? Are you okay?".

Taehyun snapped me out of my thoughts. "Huh?".

"I asked if you were okay? You have tears falling". He worried. I quickly wiped them away and nodded.

"I'm fine, don't worry". I lied. Taehyun smacked his lips and then moved his position to face me.

"Don't lie to me Hyuka. I know you have things going through your mind. Just tell me. I'm here for you". He comforted. I sighed softly.

"I've been having a lot of flashbacks about Jaehyun Hyung when we were smaller...... sorry". I confessed. Taehyun pulled me onto his lap.

"Don't be sorry Hyuka. These things are natural". He rubbed my back in circular motion and caressed my head at the same time. "Its okay to feel bad. It's part of life. But it will feel better one day, I promise". Taehyun pulled away and kissed my forehead. "You are Huening Kai. An amazing person and beautiful guy. Things are hard for you but that's okay. You have me by your side and Everyone else who cares for you. Don't ever let something bring you all the way down. Okay?".

"Okay". I answered.

"Saranghaeng!". Taehyun exclaimed cutely.

"Saranghaeng Taehyunnie Sii!".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 178 29
About a story where a boy named Choi Beomgyu is a very close friend of Kang Taehyun. Beomgyu hasn't realized his own feelings for Taehyun this whole...
54.3K 3.8K 33
Friends since highschool, Beomgyu and Taehyun were almost inseparable. Despite the differences and conflicting personalities they had, they could nev...
9.4K 644 25
What happens when a new family settles down in the house next to the Kang's? Kang Taehyun, a cheery and a bright-like boy meets Choi Beomgyu, a kid w...
39K 1.7K 43
High school wasn't Yeonjun's thing, he hated it. His "bad boy" persona scared all of his previous roommates however a new -annoying- boy was announce...