Meant To Be

By Hash_Browniez

When Naina Mittal walks into the pristine Headquarters of The Maurya Group, one of the world's largest conglo... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
โ‡๏ธ SYNOPSIS โ‡๏ธ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ เคถเฅเคญ เคฆเฅ€เคชเคพเคตเคฒเฅ€ ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
In The Loving Memory
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29: Sneak Peak
Chapter 29
เคถเฅเคญ เคฆเฅ€เคชเคพเคตเคฒเฅ€
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Sneak Peak
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Announcement
Chapter 34: Sneak Peak
เคถเฅเคญ เคฆเฅ€เคชเคพเคตเคฒเฅ€
Chapter 34: Sneak Peak 2
Chapter 34

Chapter 11

6.4K 253 60
By Hash_Browniez

Song: Tujhe kitna chahne lage hum

Halleyo people!

So, I wanted to upload this chapter. But wattpad was glitching. As announced earlier, here is the new chapter. I apologize for being MIA. But the good news is that my writer's block is over and I have got some good ideas to write for this book as well as a new one. Anyhow I ain't gonna hold you here. Please proceed.

This is a first draft. Please forgive any grammatical mistakes.

For my Non-Indian readers.

Bhoomi poojan-an Indian traditional ceremony performed after buying land.
Parathe- Indian bread
Shahi Paneer- Indian delicacy
Indian ocean- popular Indian Band
Sanam- popular Indian band.
___________________________________________

Sunlight bounced of my Gucci glasses as I stepped off from my private jet onto the runway. Manohar uncle was already waiting for me with the Audi.

"Welcome back, bete ji," Manohar uncle said smiling. Taking of my glasses, I smiled back.

"It's good to be back,"

I had been to off to Vancouver to see the new site for our international office. I was finally home after a week. I settled in the car and Manohar Uncle drove us to my office.

I answered all business calls throughout the ride. Once I reached the office, the board of directors flanked me. Asha gave me the file as she briefed me about my day's schedule. Walking into the conference room, I read through the report about the week for which I was absent.

Taking my seat at the head of the table I gestured for all board members to sit. They proceded to tell me the about the matters that needed my approval. It was almost to the end of the meeting when Mr. Chauhan, Director of Sinatra-our subsidiary watch brand, spoke.

"Ma'am, what about the Sinatra? We need a decision on it. Either we need to pay 700 crore bribe or we need shut the company." I narrowed my eyes. But before I could speak the members of my board started to speak echoing my thoughts, "We will not pay the bribe"

"This is Mittal Steel. We are held at the highest ethical regard. We will not stain the image."

"Honesty is Mittal's legacy"

I sighed mentally. "I will give you a decision shortly. Make sure the operations are not stopped, atleast, yet,"

I got up and left the room without another word. Asha walked beside me. Giving me worried glances from the side.
Ignoring her, I went straight into my room. I was startled as soon as I opened the door.

A bouquet of flower was shoved in my face. I peered over the flowers to see Aaryan kneeling in front of me. I simply glared at him unamused. "What do you think you are doing?" I asked. Aaryan frowned.

"A hot as fuck guy is kneeling in front of you with such a grand bouquet in his hands doing the most romantic proposal in the history of proposals and all you do is glare. Atleast appreciate the effort, moti God! I feel sorry for Veer," Aaryan rambled as he stood up.

"If this is the most romantic proposal in the history of ever then I feel sorry for Anjali." I said walking towards my chair leaving him to stand by the door. As I settled into my seat, Aaryan put the bouquet on the table gently and fell into another. He was sitting in the chair swiveling left and right. I smiled gazing at the flowers

"You got me flowers? That's so sweet," I said turning to Aaryan.

Aaryan rolled his eyes, "मुझे क्या पागल कुत्ते ने काटा है जो तुझे फूल ला के दूँगा? Your boyfriend sent them. Probably a welcome gift." (Have I been bitten by a mad dog that I would get you flowers?)

I rolled my eyes at him. "तू खुद को थोड़ी काटेगा। Veer and I are just good friends." (How will you bite yourself?)

Aaryan smirked. "I didn't even take his name and you really need to look up the defination of good friends." Nodding towards the flowers he added, "I think there was a card or something in there."

"Right... and what are you doing here?" I asked him reaching for the flowers. Spying through the bouquet I found an envelope nestled in the flowers.

Aaryan raised his brows. "I was free so I came to see you." He said smirking at me I raised a single eyebrow at him.

He huffed. "Fine. Atish is coming soon. Dad would like you to include him in all the wedding and run him through the works. He also asked you to convince Veer into coming to the wedding." He said leaning forward as he rested his elbows on my dark desk.

"He wants to get close to Veer. He is a big name, you know it and Dad's obsessed with Veer and his power over the industry. If he can't have that power, he atleast wants to be friends with someone that powerful," He said distractedly looking at me open the envelope.

"Really?" I looked up at him surprised. He simply nodded. I frowned.

"I will try." I said as I plucked out a note from the envelope. A smile instantly formed on my lips.

Lioness,
Hope you are safely back.
I wanted to see you. Would you like to come to the World Cup Quarter-finals with me this Sunday?
Veer
P.S.
I missed your smile.

I missed you too. I thought smiling.

Aaryan made a disappointed noise
"Tch tch tch... Look at you smiling so big like a love sick puppy. नाम खराब कर रही है ये मेरा!" He grumbled. I stuck my tongue at him. (She is defaming me)

"What is it?" He asked.

"It's a welcome gift," I said still smiling. Aaryan plucked the note out of my hands and leaned back in the chair.

"And a date," he stated gazing at the note.

"No, it's not," I shot back

"And how does he know of your obsession with cricket." Aaryan asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I mentioned it in once during a lunch a couple of weeks ago," I said airily.

"Right your one of many lunch dates. You guys are spending too much time together," Aaryan said nodding sassily.

"Aaryan, stop it! We have had, like, three lunches. We only get together to work and occasionally have conversation where things like these come up. Anyway World Cup is around the corner. You know how I excited I get during this time," I said exasperated.

"Work. Right.." he said sarcastically. We st silently for a few heartbeats.

"How's the project going?" He asked.

"The launch is soon. We are planning to reveal it in TechExpo in a couple of weeks in Goa. Things are smooth," I drawled leaning on my desk,"but there were some minor hiccups."

"Well, it's pretty big. I would be suprised if there weren't any. Caused quite a stir. Dad was all gaga over it. As if its the final between CSK and MI You know the biggest project of this decade. He literally thought Maurya would go for him. But then for some reason, he took a swift turn to you. partnered with Mittal's instead if Malhotra's. Dad went berserk," he said. I frowned

"Ramesh Uncle wanted to be partner in this project?" I asked, surprised. Aryan nodded.

"The money, Naina. It's huge. I am not a businessman and even I can see you are making hundreds of crores of it. Surely Dad saw it too. He didn't like losing thus opportunity. Add to that....." Aaryan rambled but I had stopped listening halfway in.At the mention of money my mind had went back to Sinatra

"Hmmm" I said distractedly as Aaryan continued his rant. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice Aaryan had gone quite or that Asha had come inti the office to put some files on my table till the door made thudding sound. Startled I looked who was watching me quietly.

"Sinatra again?" He asked quietly. I sighed rubbing my temples.

"The bribe money is not much. You earn more than that in a day." He said again.

"It's not about the money. I just..." I sighed. "I don't know what to do. I don't want to be a di-" I stopped immediately. I closed my eyes and shook my head trying to clear my head of the dark thoughts.

He looked at me intensely for a moment "Naina," he said softly making me look up at him. "You are not a disappointment. I know what you are thinking and he doesn't feel that," i closed my eyes and leaned back in the chair. Aaryan got up from his chair amd hugged me.

"You are brilliant, Naina. I know you are worried about Sinatra. You are worried about this project. You are worried about your company, the market. I know that there's a lot of pressure on you. There is a lot of pressure to do the right thing. But it doesn't matter. Whatever you decide to all of us are here. Me and our family. Right behind you, holding your back. We have got you." I smiled into his shoulder, patting his back. My eyes, still closed, prickling at the corners. We stayed like that for several minutes before I pulled pack.

Aaryan straightened and looked at me with soft eyes. "Come on girl! Cheer up!" When I just smiled, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Chal, let's go get Ice-creams," I just chuckled and shook my head.

On Sunday afternoon, I was ready to let off some steam. I have been taking too much stress. I needed a break.

I am here

I recalled Veer's text as I walked to the gate of my society. It was 1 p.m. The match started at 3. I wore comfortable white shorts and a blue top. I wore white sneakers and blue cap to match my outfit.

The was only an Audi in front of the gate. Veer got out of the car as soon as he saw me. He smiled sparking a riot of butterflies in my stomach.

He looked devastatingly handsome in his dark jeans and blue Polo shirt. His shirt clung to his muscular torso. God sometimes he was too beautiful to look at.

I smiled at him, walking towards the car. "Are we twinning?" I asked as I reached him. Veer pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist returning his embrace. He pulled back after a few moments before replying.

"Yup. We are Bleeding Blue." He winked making me laugh. His happy grin had his left dimple peeking out.

Veer kept looking at me before he said almost inaudibly. "I missed you." It made my heart skip a beat. I blushed. Ducking my head, I whispered. "I missed you too."

Veer smirked. Pulling back he opened the backseat door. "Shall we go then? he asked. I climbed in, scooted to other side as he I noticed his driver sitting in front. Veer climbed in after me.

"How was the trip? We hardly got to talk when you were there," Veer asked, after a few minutes into the ride.

"Productive. We got plots finalised. Bhoomi poojan. All paperwork done. Oh, by the way, my security detail is tailing me," I replied.

"Sure, send me the Head's number. Mine will cordinate with yours." Veer said sliding out his phone.

"So what did you do last week?" I asked, turning to Veer just as he shot off the text.

"Same things, really. Acquisitions, mergers, charities, hire and fire," He joked. I laughed.

"Okayyyy" i drawled

"I couldn't do much last week since I was very busy thinking about you," he said tilting his head to the side, leaning against the seat. I giggled. "You are incorrigible."

He smiled. "Only for you."

We talked about business and cricket till we reached Feroz Shah Kotla stadium gate (I know it's Arun Jaitley stadium now but it wasn't back then). We went through security checks and Veer handed our tickets to the checking counter. We crossed the lobby, grabbed some chips and drinks on our way to our seats.We settled in the VIP box. Veer got us some Chips and drinks.

Soon the match started. It was slow at first. South Africa won the toss and decided to bat.

"It's not good that they got to field," I commented. Veer nodded. "Right. Batting later puts you under pressure."

Pressure.

I shook my head. No, don't think about all that. Enjoy the day.

"Here," Veer said passing me cold drink. We continued watching the match. The stadium was full of Blue. There were pumping Bollywood songs playing in the background. The crowds hollering, dancing and in general going berserk. I smiled at the reactions. They oohhhhed when batters shot a six. They wooooaaaddded when Smith got out.

I wanted to remain all calm, civilized and elegant especially since I was with Veer. I didn't want him to think I was weirdo but then I thought what's the point in having friends if you can't be youself around them.

So, when South Africa's fourth batsman got out, I hollered along. I couldn't help but get hyped up. The enthusiasm was contagious. Their was no true competition when it came to Indian's love for cricket.

I kept yelling and hooting getting pumped up with the match. It was stupid to worry about Veer thinking of me as some uncouth barbarian because if someone was louder than me, it was Veer.

When last of their batsmen got out. I let out a loud whoop and clapped. As i watched the teams go back for break, I realised Veer hadn't said anything in a while. I turned to see him watching me with his body angled towards mine, mirth dancing in his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Nothing."

"No tell me," I said stubbornly.

Veer looked at me for a moment before answering, "You are unlike anyone l have ever met." His voice was deep and husky.

"And that's a bad thing" l challenged.

His eyes seemed darker as he leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. His face inches from mine.

"No, it's endearing. It makes you so so beautiful," he deep voice rasped, holding my gaze captive to his. We didn't move. We just sat there looking at each other. Faces so close till....the announcer's voice startled us apart. I looked away awkwardly before excusing myself to go to the washroom.

By the time I came back, Veer wasn't there. He came back 10 minutes later with more food. As we settled the match started. Now that India was playing the atmosphere had become tense. India needed 246 to win.

Slowly the match started to get interesting. One of our openers was gone. The spirit of the game came back. We started to hoot and holler. Veer and I started comparing game tactics and moves as the spirit of the game came back, our little awkwardness forgotten.

It was towards the end of the game when things became tense. We were 240 on 5 with only 3 balls left. We needed 6 runs off 3 balls.

On First ball we got two runs. As the second ball rolled, I was so anxious that I grabbed Veer's hand. He didn't waste a second in interlacing his fingers with mine.

The bowler threw a spinner and... Shit. The ball was too low. The batsman had to play a dot. I cursed under my breath as Veer's grip tightened around my hand. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. He, too, was watching the match grimly. His eyes narrowed and jaw taut.

I put my attention back to the match. This was the last ball. We needed a four to win and a three to draw. Hand-in-hand we both watched as the last bowl rolled.
Bowl thrown, it hit the bat flat on its centre. Everyone stood up. Our eyes followed the trajectory od the ball up and up right down intoooooo .......

THE STANDS

A SIX!!!!

YESS....

I jumped up and down on my seat like a maniac, grinning so wide that my cheeks hurt. Turning to Veer, I saw him fist pumping the air and clapping heartily. Veer turned to me. His brown eyes bright, grin wide.

High on adrenaline, I jumped into his arms. Veer caught me easily, lifting me off my feet, and spun me around as India moves to the Semi-final was heard in thr background. We were both grinning ear to ear. Slowly, though, as we gazed at each other, the air seemed to shift between us.

The grin had slipped off Veer's face. Gently, he drew me closer. My arms wrapped themselves around hid neck. The noise of the crowd seemed to fade away. I tilted my head up, wishing for something to happen. Something, anything. Anything but what...

When nothing happened, I opened my eyes. Veer was gritting his teeth, his eyes closed. He drew in a deep breath as if trying to control himself. He opened his eyes, placed a chaste kiss on my forehead and pulled back. I felt a sudden sense of loss but it was quickly replaced as he placed his hand back in mine. His warm brown eyes smiling down at me.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

"Yes," I said trying to reign in my rioting emotions.

"Do you want to go and meet them?" Veer asked, motioning towards the cricketers who were going back into the stadium.

"No, I have already met them all at some party or the other," I said, looking at the players. Turning to Veer I said, "Let's go."

The match ended around 6 p.m. We made our way out of the stadium holding hands. Outside the stadium, I watched people mile about. Getting something to eat or drink from the street vendors. Some people went to the cafes.

"Do you want something to eat?" Veer asked looking down at me.

"We literally just ate tones of chips and cokes inside," I replied, chuckling.

He smirked, "And I am just asking if you want more." I scowled at him. Did he think I ate that much?

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked him accusingly.

"No," Veer said, chucking my chin with finger, still grinning, "You are beautiful the way you are. I just don't want you to feel as if there is something lacking when you are with me." And I melted. I swear a part of just turned into gooey caramel at his words.

"Oh by the way fat is just a body type. It's not an insult," Veer said before dragging towards Havmor.

As we waited for our ice creams, I looked around. People were mingling, excitedly talking about the match. Uncles with pot bellies and Sun glasses on tops were discussing player performances. Kids were rushing about. A group of, probably, college-goers were dancing, shoving each other. Others were clicking selfies. I had a sense of dejavu.

This was how I had met Veer.

Not like I knew who he was back then but I guess it turned out well. Really well. I thought as Veer took the ice-creams thanking the vendor before handing it to me.

"You have been paying for everything so far. Let me atleast pay for this," I said as Veer took out his wallet.

"Lioness, I appreciate the thought but you are not paying for anything, atleast when I am around," Veer said

"Yes, Mr. Gentleman, but please let me pay for something," l said, pouting, crossing my hands over my chest. His eyes momentarily dropped to my lips before they flickered back. I coloured slightly under his smouldering gaze.

"Hmmm. You could pay for the dinner tonight," Veer said. I tilted my head to the side, looking up at him questioning.

"Did you just ask me out to dinner tonight?"

"Well you wanted to pay...." Veer drawled. His lips forming a smirk.

Why are you looking at his lips?

I bristled at that stupid voice in my head.

Shut up.

"It's only 6," Veer said. "Do you want to walk around?" He asked, licking his ice-crea

"Sure," I said quickly, trying not to think of every little of his actions.

"We can walk to the park," he said nodding towards the cobbled path. I smiled up at him.

"Sounds like a plan,"

We leisurely strolled through the street, ice creams in hand. Veer had let go of my hand.

Some girls around stopped to stare at him. I felt a pang of jealousy resonating through me wait why am I jealous. It's okay i mean we are just friends. I should not mind if girls look at him. He is cute

And funny and smart and caring and deliciously good looking, understands you, likes you and you like hi-

Okay woah. Where did that come from? It was probably the moment earlier that's got me thinking about him. Yeah. Yeah. That's it.

"Are you alright, lioness? You are turning red," Veer asked, frowning.

His hair falling on his face. His rough stubble on that carved jawline. His polo shirt clinging to his muscles. So sexy

"Naina?"

Shit! what is wrong with me?!?

"I am alright," I said playing my bracelet.

"Are you sure? You seem even redder?" Veer asked with concern. We had already grinded to a halt.

"Let's play 20 questions." I shrieked hurriedly to change the subject . Veer's eyes widened.

"What?"

"You know, 20 questions, the game people play to know each other better?" I explained, trying to get out of this situation.

"No, I know that. but" he trailed off looking at skeptically. I am sure now he thought I was a weirdo.

"So, shall we start?" I asked eager to move on from my flustered state. Veer breathed out a laugh.

"Okay, sure," he said gazing at me with mirth dancing in his eyes.

"Okay, then, I will go first with something simple.. What do you do with your free time?"

Veer was quite for a moment as if hesitant to answer that question. He looked down at me from the corner of his eyes before replying, "I sing."

My eyes widened. That was not the answer I was expecting.
"You sing?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.
"Yeah." He nodded. "I love to sing."

"What do you sing? English/bollywood/classical?"

"Everything."

I took a moment to process that. He sings.

How perfect is he?

Shut up

"Sing something," I said eagerly. He chucked. "Not here."

"Why? scared?" I asked, smirking. He smirked right back. "No I don't want a crowd gathering."

I raised my eyebrows, "Oh, you are that good?" Veer's smirked widened. A challenging look appeared in his eyes as if saying you have no idea.

"Do you play something? This is an extension not another question."

"Guitar, piano, drums anything I can get my hands on."

"I never pictured you as an artist"

"What did you see me as?"

"Well, you do have quite a ruthless reputation out there. I thought you are a megalomaniac billionaire CEO. All work, gym freak and club parties."

"He rolled his eyes. That's a stereotype. You are a billionaire too. Is that what you do?"

"Well no. I fight."

"Right. Southpaw and Krav maga."

I looked at him surprised. "You remember?"

He looked down at me with his soft brown eyes. "I remember everything about you lioness." Blushing, I looked away. God he needed to stop making me all tingly inside.

"What else do you do?" He asked

"I read."

"What do you like to read?"

I laughed, "That's not how it works, you know. It's my turn now." Veer rolled his eyes. "2 minutes into the game and both of us forgot the rules. A normal conversation sounds better right now." I nodded.

"Alrighty. What was your question again. Oh yeah, I read anything I can get my hands on," I said throwing his words back at him. He chuckled.

Veer threw his ice-cream stick in the bin,"Favourite book?"

"Difficult question. Hmm lemme think," I said. Then after a moment," A Thousand Splendid Suns, I guess"

Veer smiled. "A beautiful book. I have read it too."

"I know sometimes, I wish I hadn't read the book just so I could read it again," I said.

"There are places in Delhi which show theatrical adaptation of Housseni's books," Veer said.

"Really?" I asked. Drama of my favorite book. Yes, please.

"Yeah, I went to see The Kite Runner. Do you want to come with me someday?"

"Oh my God, yes," I said almost jumping on my spot. "It would be like a dream,"

"What else?" He asked.

"What?"

"What else do you dream about?" Veer asked quietly. I was slightly taken aback by the question. People, atleast those who surround me everyday, don't ask deep questions. I thought about it. Turning to look at the sky. The sun was getting ready to set beneath the horizon. We were close to the park now. Gentle breeze blew the past trees, making them shimmer green. As calm was the outside as messy was the inside. An internal battle raged inside me. I wondered if I should let Veer in. Wondered If I was ready to trust someone other than my family and Aaryan. I looked up at him. Watching him look at me with small smile, I made a decision. I wanted to tell Veer.

"I dream of making my dad proud. That he took the right decision in giving the company to me," l said. When Veer didn't say anything I continued. "I and one of cousins were being trained for Mittal Group's CEO position. Even though we were told we both had a fair chance, I knew Papa wanted Aditya, my cousin, to be the CEO. He always used to say that I took decisions from the heart. And, in business emotions shouldn't be there. There are rules and rules should be strictly followed."

And he was right.

We crossed the gate of the park. The sight of children playing on swings greeted us. Parents sat on nearby benches watching their kids with a smile on their faces. Some teenagers played catch in the fields. A family was sitting on the grass talking and laughing among each other.

"Then, one day, something happened and Papa had to make a choice. He either had to make Adi the CEO and stand losing something precious or he had to make me the CEO, the kid who some of his board disapproved of. The kid who he didn't obviously want in that position."

I took a deep breath.

"When I first became the CEO, things were difficult. It took me six months to fix all loopholes, deal with the board. Sleazy, old lazy-asses. Buy/sell shares. In two years, I changed Mittal Steel. I didn't change the name because it was our beginning. I..I am proud of everything I have done with my company. And I guess, I want my father to be proud of it too."

"Is he not?" Veer asked quietly.

"He says he isis. He tells me often. Yet, for some reason, I just can't seem to believe it."

"Do you blame him?"

"My Dad? No. I understand his decision. It was a tough choice. I just want him to feel it was a right one too," I said.

"I have never told this to anyone. Don't you dare tell it to anyone. I am trusting you on this," I added as an after thought.

Veer stopped in his tracks making me halt with him. Turning to me, he closed the small distance between us.

"You secret is safe with me. But, lioness," He grabbed the back of my neck and placed a kiss on the tip of my nose. "You are the strongest person I know. You have done more in two years then most people do in their entire lives. You could never be a disappointment." He said, taking the hold of my hand. I blinked dazed.

Aaryan said the same thing.

As if realising how sensitive this subject was to me, he didn't say anything more. J diverted the conversation towards him. We startes walking again.

"And you? What do you dream of?" Veer regarded me for a quick second before answering.

"I dream of being trusted." I gave him a flat look.

"You are saying this for my sake aren't you?" He shook his head.

"No, Naina, trust is a luxury not many people can afford. People do not trust me. No one bothers to get to know me enough to trust me. I think more than that, I dream of being known. People only see me as what they can get out of me. To them that is enough. For a long time it was enough for me too. But now, I would like to be seen as just another human. I would like to be seen for who I am not what I represent," he said. I felt a twinge of hurt in my heart. This man who looked undefeatable from outside had insecurities too. "Peple

"You know that's not true. Right? It takes a very special man to build the money, fame and power that you have," I said softly, "It takes a very special man to be as dedicated, honest, strong, loyal, kind, smart and hard working man as you are. It takes a very special man to be the man you are."

He blinked then shook his head. A slow smile spreading on his face. Still smiling he continued, "I believed that when people looked at me they only saw money, power,.. uh.. I had once met someone who had made me believe that I was wrong. Who had made me believe that she saw me for me. Unfortunately she proved something I speculated all along that in this world, affection can be easily bought."

I shook my head. "No, Veer that is one thing money can never do. It can make people tolerate you, flatter you, be with you but it can never make someone love you."

"As for the girl, she missed out on a pretty cool guy." I winked at Veer even as I felt a twinge of envy in my heart that someone had left her mark on him like that. He laughed heartily. Looking down at me with an unknown emotion in his voice he whispered, "thank you, lioness."

Smiling, I decided to lift the sad mood. "So, enough sad stories, tell me your happiest memory?"

"When my niece was born," Veer said without missing a single beat.

I smiled, "you love her very much, don't you?"

"Yeah. She is the only girl in my heart. I love her to pieces. Though sometimes I feel she is too sensible for her age. There is a tulip on my desk. She grew it herself."

"She likes gardening?" I asked.

"Yeah, she loves to grow flowers especially Tulips. I always buy tulips or its seeds on my way home so that she can plant them in her little garden"

"Infact, she wants to gift a home-grown bouquet to her parents next week."

I frowned, "What's there next week?"

"My bhai and Bhabhi are celebrating their 10 years anniversary on next Saturday."

"10 years? Wow! Convey my felicitations to them." I told Veer. He paused

"Why don't you tell them personally?"

"What?"

"Would you like to come to the party this Saturday?" Veer asked as we crossed a lady walking her dog. She not so discreetly stared at Veer.

"I umm I am not sure.." Noticing my hesitancy Veer squeezed my hand gently. Looking me in the eyes he said, "Please, say yes, lioness, It would make me really happy if you came," he said softly.

Hypnotized by his soft endless gaze, I could only nod. A smile lit up his face. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead.

"Perfect"

"Ok. What are you scared of the most?" Veer asked.

"Spiders," I replied.

"Really?"

"Yes, childhood fear. Never really went away. You?"

"Nothing materialistic. I am scared of losing the people I love." He looked at me. "Like everybody else."

"Ok-" Veer continued, "-Favourite show?"

"F.R.I.E.N.D.S." I replied quickly, "yours?"

"The Big Bang Theory."

"Best friend?" Veer asked.

"One, Aaryan."

"Right, the guy getting married." Veer emphasized on married. This is the second time he is doing. Does he have a problem with Aaryan's marriage?

"Yours?" I asked.

"One, Sahil. But he is in America, right now. Off to work. I strangely miss that idiot." I giggled.

"Broken a bone?" I asked as we took another path for our leisurely stroll in the park.

"Once. I fell of my bicycle. I broke me elbow. You?"

"Too many bones broken. Krav Maga, remember?" I said in mock exasperation. Veer simply laughed.

"Favourite food?" I asked.

"Parathe, माँ के हाथों के। Your?" (Made by my mother)

"Shahi Paneer, माँ के हाथों का। Favourite band?" (Made by my mother)

"Indian ocean. Yours?

"Sanam"

"Favourite icecream?" Veer asked.

"Casata, yours?"

"I love Cornetto. What do you-"

And with the lighter topics we went on and on and on.
___________________________________________

So, that's kinda it. Longest chapter I have ever written. Double the count I usually write. I wanted to break it into chapters and post them separately. But I didn't want to break the flow.

Now Question question - was their conversation okay? Did it seem forced?

Who else is sad that IPL got cancelled? Cause l miss it.

Do tell me how you felt about this chapter.

Book suggestion for all of you. 'Red turban white horse' This was my first proper romance novel as a child. Indian in every sense and, perhaps, the first time I heard the name Veer.

Next update soon. Till then stay home, stay safe. We will all get through this together. We just need a little more patience. Also,

Vote
Comment
Share

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abandoned wife By Abhi

General Fiction

986K 38.2K 48
Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from them. It cause unbearable pain at first but...
696K 34.8K 60
" If I know what love is, It's because of you! " โค ----------------- " Will You be my bride? " I was astounded. What!? Bride!! " I'm sorry. Are you...
5K 365 14
๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“๐“ป๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฎ, ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฒ๐“ป ๐“๐“ป๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ฟ๏ฟฝ...
10.2K 809 18
๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ญ. ___________...