Fearless (Bellamy Blake - Boo...

By Summer_Girl365

Bellamy smirks, "Maybe we should be calling you princess." "Princess?" I scoff. "Bellamy Blake, I'm the fucki... More

CopyrightΒ©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Author's Note: End
Hopeless - book 2

Chapter 81

2.2K 50 1
By Summer_Girl365

The sound of someone coughing uncontrollably nearby to me startles me awake, my eyelids dropping heavily straight after they open.

"Hey jackass," I call out, my voice raspy as my throat burns, "you mind dying quietly?"

The coughing stops and Murphy tries to catch his breath, panting heavily. "I see you haven't lost your charm," he calls back to me.

I look over at him in his hammock, expecting to see a smug look on his face but instead he seems...weak. The only other time I've seen John Murphy look weak, was when he was being hanged by his fellow delinquents for a murder he didn't commit.

I keep my mouth clamped shut as the memories of that day come flooding back.

Someone else starts coughing uncontrollably, sounding as if they're choking. I lift my head up, looking over as Clarke rushes over to the girl and trying to get her to breathe.

I scramble to my knees and crawl over as the girl falls out of her hammock, crouching next to her as her body writhes on the floor, but it's too late. Blood spurts out of the girls mouth, dripping down her chin as her body stills.

"Clarke?" I look up at the blonde girl as she presses two fingers to the younger girl's neck, feeling for a pulse.

After a couple of seconds Clarke looks up at me and shakes her head, causing me to fall back onto the floor. Clarke recruits two guys quarantined from upstairs to carry the girl's body outside.

I don't even know her name.

I sit back against the wall again and watch as her lifeless body is carried outside, Clarke following after them.

I release a breathe and climb up into her vacant hammock. As sick as it may be, I'm not spending any more time on the goddamn floor. The moving fabric causes me to be slightly nauseous, but as I rest my head on the pillow it eases off.

"Octavia, you okay?"

My heart skips a beat at the sound of Bellamy calling out for his sister. When he finds out she's not here he's going to try and go after her.

I try to get up again, but my body feels too heavy and slow.

"You should stop moving." I look up from my hammock, over at Murphy who watches me intently. "You're not gonna get better if you keep moving around."

"I'm not gonna get better," I say, giving up with a sigh and letting my head rest against the pillow once more.

A commotion from outside rings in my ears, everyone shouting and screaming.

"Clarke?" My voice doesn't reach her as I watch the determined blonde come back into the drop ship and grab a gun, leaving again and firing three shots.

Multiple scenarios of the situation in camp run through my mind as I lay on the hammock, my eyelids feeling heavy again as I try to keep them open.

Octavia's voice is carried in from outside, but I can't make sense of her words.

At least if she's back, Bellamy didn't leave, that means he's safe. He'll be pissed at her, but he's safe.

Three figures—one being carried by another—walking into the drop ship sparks something within me to get up. I lift my head, seeing Finn carrying Clarke with Octavia following behind.

"Finn..."

"If he's not sick by now then he's probably immune, like me," Octavia says to Clarke as Murphy gets to his feet.

"Here." He draws the trio's attention, "come on, she can take mine."

Finn doesn't hesitate to carry Clarke over to the hammock, glancing over at me once she's settled in.

"Hey," he ducks underneath Clarke and squeezes my hand, "you okay?"

"Oh...so now you're worried about me?" I tell him, my voice quiet and raspy as my eyes drift close again.

Hurt flashes in his eyes at my words, and he moves some stray hair out of my sweaty face. "I'm always worried about you, Chris," he whispers.

My breathing becomes slightly more even as I start to drift off to sleep, not taking notice when Finn's hand leaves mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.4K 1.9K 35
[sequel to roses] ❝you're dumb.❞ ❝i don't think you're in a position to be talking.❞ ||sebastian stan|| ||social media||
118K 3K 27
Close Abnegation friends, Amalia and Tobias, find themselves slitting their palms over the sizzling coals of Dauntless. Will leaving home truly be fo...
796K 29.6K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
2.8K 66 7
After running away from a brutal past, all with just 19 years, needing to start a new life. New country, new city, and no way to rely on no-one. Less...