Hero's Dagger

By AnimeFan0930

Y/N was a just a normal guy who loved to play video games and watch anime every now and then. Y/N was good at... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: Begining Of The Adventure
Chapter 3: Bearing It's Fangs
Chapter 4: Not As They Seem
Chapter 5: Rumble In The Quarry
Chapter 6: Preparations For The First Wave
Chapter 7: Before The Wave
Chapter 8: The First Wave
Chapter 9: After The Wave
Chapter 10: Evil's Truth
Chapter 11: Cutting Down The Spear
Chapter 12: To The Lake
Chapter 13: Battle On The Water
Chapter 14: Seeing The Truth
Chapter 15: The Lion
Chapter 16: Pride
Chapter 17: Tribe Of The Plains
Chapter 18: Becoming A Man
Chapter 19: The Final Steps
Chapter 20: The Fox
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: Crystal Guardian
Chapter 24: Second Wave
Chapter 25: New Enemy
Chapter 26: Back On The Road
Chapter 27: Sloth
Chapter 28: Night Of The Living Dead
Chapter 29: The Lich King
Chapter 30: Snake In The Grass (18+)
Chapter 31: Lust

Chapter 21: Greed

6.2K 118 67
By AnimeFan0930

Destroyed Caravan

There I was facing down this monster fox who killed a family and was about to try and kill Honō and I. The fox lunged at me and began to bite down on my arm like a rabid animal. I tried to use my dagger to pry it off my arm but the fox used it's claws and wrapped around my arm. "Y/N I'll hit it" Honō said charging up a spell "no don't I got this" I said as I began to stab the fox in the side multiple times. I managed to hurt the fox and cause it to let go of my arm. Thankfully my battle healing kicked in but I did strangely feel a bit drained from that.

The fox licked it's wounds from dagger as all of the damage I caused healed like it was nothing. "Okay that is not a normal fox" Honō said "yeah I know we need to kill it now" I said. The fox began to snicker like a hyena at us like it knew something we didn't. I equipped my rose dagger and began to use vines to whip the fox as Honō threw fire bolts at it. We managed to injure the fox this way but like before it healed itself.

It went like this for awhile the fox would attack me then Honō and I would attack it back. With each time I felt drained I didn't know why and I couldn't explain it. With each attack I felt drained and the fox continued to get stronger. I equiped my frost dagger and I began to try and freeze the fox but it was to fast. Before I knew it the thing tried to for my throat. Thankfully I was quick enough grabbed the fox by the throat and threw it at a tree. Before it could do anything I froze it in place on the tree.

"Is it over?" Honō asked breathing heavily "I hope so" I answered looking at the frozen fox creature. Before I knew it the ice began to crack I motioned Honō behind me and I equipped my flame dagger. Soon the ice shattered completely and the fox got free. It shook itself then licked it's paws then it looked up at me and snarled at me. It lunged at me but I made a wall of fire and the fox jumped into it.

I pushed Honō to the side as the fox came out of the wall of flames on fire. It tried to crawl at us but it got slower and slower with each step before it fell the ground. I could see that it was alive but barely that for sure should of killed this fox but it was different then the others. I began to think this fox was very similar to another creature I fought. Honō walked over to fox and was about to finish it with a lightning bolt. The more I looked at the fox I began to think about something.

Then it happened this fox was like the lion which meant. I looked up and saw Honō about to finish it off. "Honō don't" I shouted but it was to late Honō killed the fox. "What is it Y/N, the thing is dead so let's burry that family" Honō said. Before Honō walked over to me the fox's body began to glow. And before we knew it there was an explosion Honō flew back towards me thankfully I caught her.

"I am the demon sin of greed and you dumb girl have just freed me from my mortal body" a voice said. "That's not good" Honō said "yeah it is" I told her. When the light died down something even more monsterous was standing there. The fox had gained a large shadow like body and had red eyes and red markings on its head. It had this sinister grin on its face as it stood up and faced us.

"I'm sorry Y/N I didn't know" Honō said "don't worry it's my fault I wasn't quick enough to warn you" I replied. The fox laughed "no thank you little girl I am free now and have my full power, to thank you I am going to kill your hero lover then I am going to enjoy draining all of the magical and physical energy from your body" the fox said. I motioned for Honō to back away "let me handle this you stay back" I told her.

This sin greed was different then pride so I had to be on my guard and watch all of its movements. I sent two flame slashes at the sin but all it did was stand there. My flames cut it's black shadow like body injuring it but this black goo substance bubbled out from the wound and it healed all of a sudden. "Those won't work on me stupid hero" the sin said charging at me. I put up another wall of flames but the fox appeared by my side and attacked me.

I struggled to get it off of me Honō had a terrified look on her face she tried to help me "no don't I've got this" I told her. I used my dual dagger skill equipping my sea dagger to go with my flame dagger. With my daggers I rammed them into the sides of the sin's neck and created a large geyser like explosion with a lot of steam. Once the steam cleared I saw the sin start to repair and regrow it's head. This was going nowhere fast I needed to end this thing now. Before either I got killed or Honō wound up hurt or worse.

I tried to use my weak point skill to try and see where this sin's weak spot was but to my surprise it's whole body glowed. Everywhere on its body was a weak spot which explained why it was so easy to hurt it's body. "Those sad attacks won't kill me I am afraid you have nothing that can kill me" the sin said with sick grin. I equipped my wind daggers "fine then I will blow you away with the power of a typhoon" I said.

I began to create a small hurricane with both of my daggers I was absorbing all of the air around the greed sin. Bits and pieces of it's body were ripped off causing it some pain. Finally when my tornado was complete I sent it at the demon. It tried to jump out of the way but got sucked into the tornado turning it black. "I've got you now" I said flying into the air. I then activated my dagger storm skill creating multiple blades around me.

With a snap of my fingers the daggers went flying into the tornado hitting the demon sin. To my suprise I started to feel weak I fell to the ground as my tornado began to dissipate. To both the suprise of both Honō and myself the greed sin was still alive and it's body was coming back together. "I love the taste of your magic" the sin said "what do you mean?" I asked it. The sin of greed began to laugh "I am greed, if I can't have it I steal it plain and simple" greed answered.

It didn't take me long to realise that this demon sin was stealing my magic power to make it stronger. "in that regular form I could only steal magic and life force by bitting and clawing my victims, like that family I drained before you got here" greed said. "you're a monster" Honō said with tears in her eyes "little girl I'm not a monster, could a monster do this to your precious hero lover?" greed asked before vanishing.

I looked around for the demon was to late it appeared in front of me and jabbed it's claws into my stomach lifting me up into the air. "No a monster couldn't do this, I am a demon not just any demon, I am the demon sin of greed and all of his power and energy is mine" greed said as he continued to drain me of my life force. Honō had tears in her eyes as she watched me die slowly. At this one moment Honō's hair turned to flames as sparks of electricity appeared from her eyes.

Greed dropped my body on to the ground and was amazed at the power Honō was showing. "Little girl I was wrong about you I thought you were nothing but a snack now I see that you contain the blood of both the god of thunder and lighting and the goddess of fire, you my dear are a full course meal" greed said lunging at Honō. To it's suprise Honō let out a wave of energy that burnt the flesh of greed.

She walked over to greed increasing the heat burning it even more "you are going to stop hurting Y/N and just die" she said in anger. Greed just laughed "only a sin can kill a sin" it told her. That's when it hit me when I killed pride I was luckily but now I had a power of a sin. I was going to kill this asshole demon "Honō I'll take it from here" I said standing up my life force returning to normal. "And what do you think your going to do to kill me?" greed asked.

I chuckled "like you said only a sin can kill a sin" I answered. Greed was confused before he saw me equip my dagger of greed. "How did you get that?" it asked in fear "why don't ask pride" I said. "You killed that old fool?" greed asked "dumb luck with combination of me lighting a fire under it's ass" I answered. "Whatever the prideful fool may of been one of the strongest but he was no match for me" greed said lunging at me. I didn't even move I grabbed greed by the neck and began to crush it. As it struggled to get free I stabbed it multiple times.

I then threw greed to the ground and began to form a golden ball of energy. "Wait" it said before I hit it with my golden ball of energy. To my surprise greed absorbed the energy but was damaged also. Before I knew it greed vanished then reappeared next to me. I went to stab it in the head but greed made its head split half and both halves bit my sides. "With pride's power you are an endless buffet" one half said "which means an endless supply of power" the other half said.

I struggled to get free "you haven't fully mastered pride's power" one half said "you need to see loss, so I'll do you a favor and help you out" the other half said. I was confused before both halves of greed's head let go and vanished. Both Honō and I looked around for greed but it was to late greed appeared behind Honō and dug it's claws into her. "I'm going to drain this fine specimen until she is nothing but dust hopefully that gets you mad" greed said.

I tried to run and save Honō but greed used her powers and hit me with a paralyzing wave of heat. I was watching Honō die in front of me and there was nothing I could do. I was angry and I wanted the power to save her. I had the sin of pride so why wasn't I able to kill greed. "do you want power?" a voice asked me I looked around and didn't see anyone "do you want power?" it asked again. "Yes" was all that I said that's when I felt it a surge of energy flowing through my body. My lion ring began to glow as did my body.

Greed stopped draining Honō and saw me "this can't be good" it said. I felt my body get heavier as my strength continued to rise. The more power I got the more heavier my body got. Finally the golden light died down and saw that I was in a suit of armor. The armor looked like that of a lion.

"This can't be" greed said confused I didn't say anything all I did was take a single step forward and the ground shattered. I was standing in front of greed and I grabbed it by the neck. Greed laughed "you've gotten stronger that means more power for me" if said. Instead of me getting weak something else happened greed's body began to burn. "What's going on that usually works, why does it hurt?" greed asked.

"I am pure power, your weak body can not hold all of my power without getting burnt by a force that is stronger then the sun" I answered. As greed's body began to burn I formed a sword made of golden energy. Seeing the blade greed began to beg for it's life to be spared. I didn't listen "you hurt Honō and that will not stand" I said stabbing greed with the sword. Greed's body began to turn to ash even it's bones except for it's skull.

Once greed was dead for real this time I ran to Honō who couldn't move. She wasn't awake and was unresponsive. She only had a sliver of her magic and life force left. I need to save her but how that's when it hit me I looked at my dagger of pride. I made the blade glow and I stabbed Honō in the chest. My plan was to speed up her recovery by giving her a bit of my endless supply of energy. Eventually it worked and Honō woke up she coughed a bit as I took the dagger out and had it return to normal.

"Did I die?" she asked "no Honō you didn't your safe" I answered hugging her. "Did you win?" she asked "yeah I won it's dead" I answered. "Please don't let go" I said "I won't" Honō said "I was afraid to lose you" I told her. Honō broke the hug "you and I protect each other, we are a team and we keep ourselves safe" Honō said before kissing me. I didn't know what to do other then to return the kiss back. I guess I did have feelings for her I broke the kiss after it went on for some time.

"We need to bury the bodies" I told her "yeah let's get to that" Honō said standing up. Honō helped me up and we went over to the caravan. Like we had planned before I used my stone dagger to create graves for each of the family members. Honō made a cross for each grave out of the broken caravan. We carried each body and laid them down into their graves. We then buried them and placed down the grave markers. I burnt the rest of the caravan so it wouldn't be in the way. Before we left Honō and I said some words I apologized for not killing the fox sooner.

As we got on our horses Honō pointed at the fox skull "why don't you absorb it" she said. I looked at the skull I absorbed pride so greed wouldn't hurt. I got off my horse and walked over to the skull I picked it up and looked at it. "I think you will make up for your wrong doings by being helpful to me" I said as I had my dagger absorb the skull. Once the skull was completely absorbed a messaged popped up. "New sin acquired 2 of 7; sin of greed" the message read. Soon a silver fox ring appeared on my middle finger next to the lion ring.

"Do you want see what the dagger looks like?" Honō asked "sure why not" I answered. I equipped my new dagger of greed to see what it looked like. The handle was white and had gold pieces on it. There was an orange crystal fox head on the pommel. The guard was slanted and the blade was curved and had jagged edges.

Right away I began to feel the energy of the plants, trees and other parts of nature flow into my body. I looked over at Honō and saw all of the energy in her body for some reason I had the urge to steal it as I wanted it more. Before I did anything I'd regret I changed the dagger back to my regular one. "What's the matter?" Honō asked "let's not use that one just yet" I answered walking back over to my horse. I got on and made the horse go forward.

"What is wrong?" Honō asked me coming up to my side on her horse. "I don't know I thought pride was bad greed is a bit worse" I answered. "Well I'm here if you need help" Honō said. "Alright we need to get back to the capitol before the wave starts" I said riding off down the road.

A/N: Y/N has the power of greed now and you all just saw a bit of the true power of pride. You will see more as the story goes on and Y/N collects the power of the remaining sins. It is almost time for Y/N and Honō to fight in the second wave I promise it will be amazing. Also Y/N and Honō have expressed their feeling for each other. They will continue to grow as they get closer to each other. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.1K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...
1K 56 19
The Rising of he Shield Hero Fanfic? Book cover found on Pinterest
68.1K 1.5K 38
In (Y/N)'s early years, he experienced the heart-wrenching loss of family and friends. Faced with continual sorrow and numerous deaths during his upb...
14.3K 453 19
All (Y/N) (L/N)'s life she has hidden in her own sister's shadow. Or what you thought was the limelight of your life. You were wrong. When the tides...